Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (473941 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by aprilwise(m): 7:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
I love this story in every bit. how can I drop comment on or blog?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tara staying too close to Henry is very bad idea...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
aprilwise:
Click on add comments which shows after the post, a dialog box would show for you to write your comment. Then you select which account you want to use for the comments, it's easier if you have a Google account. But if you don't have a Google account, you can make comments as anonymous or using your name and website by selecting the option, you may be asked to verify that you're not a robot, follow the verification process and that's all. Your comment would be posted.

It's advisable to use any browser other than operamini especially the lower versions
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by dimssy(m): 9:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Oyinprince,do you know you write like an experienced criminal? Love every bit. By the way,what do you do for a living?

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rhayne(f): 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
Wow..OyinPrince,you are a talented writer. This story kept me from readin my books..infact it made me doze in class cos i stayed awake late at night reading it. Welldone!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
Rhayne:
Wow..OyinPrince,you are a talented writer. This story kept me from readin my books..infact it made me doze in class cos i stayed awake late at night reading it. Welldone!
Hmm... Thanks grin. Please do read your books too o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
aprilwise:
Bro, did you try the suggestion I gave?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
dimssy:
Oyinprince,do you know you write like an experienced criminal?
Love every bit.
By the way,what do you do for a living?
lipsrsealed Experienced criminal ke? I'm a police officer o

I'm a student
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 14 part 4

NSCC Head Office, Abuja**

Except from the sounds made by the tap of the fingers on the keyboard, no other sound could be heard in the computer room as the three developers worked. Only one out of the three invited for the interview passed and was made to start the job immediately. A new house and an advance pay was given to him. Henry had to invite an additional person, his friend who was also a good developer and software engineer to join the team for a short while.

The three developers worked in silence, sitting on three different rows, they communicated with each other when necessary through chat messages.

The door flung open and Sylvester walked in, holding a file in his hands. He walked straight to where Henry was seated and placed the file on the table beside the system Henry was working on. Henry glanced up to him and returned his face to the screen immediately.

Sylvester released a breath. 'We need to talk, you'll be going with me to the  meeting tomorrow'

Henry turned up his face slowly to Sylvester. 'Yes, you will' Sylvester reiterated. 'I spoke with the IG today and he insisted that you should be in the meeting when I told him of how I've been working with you' Sylvester dropped the file and began to walk out.

'What? What am I supposed to do in the meeting? We've not gotten a solution yet' Henry murmured.

'That's the more reason the IG wants you there' Sylvester paused after opening the door and turned to him, attracting the attention of the other other men working. 'He believes that you'll talk more convincingly to the President and others in the meeting' Sylvester said and closed the door.

Henry picked up the file from the table and opened it. He stared into it for some seconds and muttered some words before getting up hurriedly. He held the file in his hands and hurried after Sylvester.

~~

**8pm**

'Ouch!' Aisha exclaimed as Tarasha defeated her the sixth time that day. She was surprised at the way Tarasha was handling the game even though it was her first time of playing it. She had thought it would be easy to defeat her like the Ludo game, not knowing that Tarasha was good at computer games especially the ones which involved bloodshed.

Cole and Benny were both seated on the three seater sofa smiling and staring into a laptop together. Cole took his eyes off the laptop for some seconds. He just couldn't help but smile again, Benny looked at his face to see what was the cause of the smile and joined too as they both shook their heads funnily and stared at Aisha's smooth and shining head, the lightening in the room made it reflect like a mirror. Her backhead had a round slightly protruded shape which made it look as if a mold of fufu was gummed to the back.

The gate bell receiver sounded, startling all of them. They stared at each other's faces, the look on their eyes communicated the question in their hearts without them voicing it, they wanted to know which out of them was expecting a visitor.

Tarasha dropped the game pad and got up, she straightened her short Ankara gown. 'I'll get it' she said and began to proceed out of the house.

She peeped through the hole before opening the gate. 'Paul' she said with a smile, standing in the middle of the smaller entrance.

'Hi, Evelyn' Paul greeted with a smile, wrapping the fingers of his both hands around each other.

'Good evening Paul' Tarasha replied, still standing in the middle of the way.

'I came to check on you' Paul said, trying to look into the compound. 'We closed early at work today'

'Oh! I see. Thanks' Tarasha gave a forced smile.

'Can...I' Paul made the gesture with his hand, asking for Tarasha to let him in.

'Okay' Tarasha reluctantly gave way and he stepped in slowly. She closed the gate and pointed him in direction of the house. He delayed, taking time his time to feed his eyes on everything in the compound first.

'Do you guys close so early at the NSCC office?' She asked. He was still staring at the vehicles and the tree in the compound.

'Huh?' Surprise was clearly written on his face as he turned back to her. 'How do you know I work in the NSCC?'

'I saw the ID card on your neck this morning' she answered.

'Oh! And you could read what was in it within that short while?'

'I've seen the ID card somewhere before, so I recognized it immediately I saw it hung on your neck'

'Okay, although I work in the head office, I'm a regional staff. We work on shifts most times' he responded and they began to walk leisurely towards the house entrance.

'How about the urgent vacancies? Have you got people to occupy them?' Tarasha asked.

'Yes, we have two more people working with us now. The team is being led by Henry Ekene George? You know him?' Paul paused and asked, staring into her face.

'I've heard about him so many times, people say he's a guru' Tarasha replied.

'Yes, they say he's a guru but he has not been able to provide us a solution to the current problem' Paul said as they stepped on the balcony.

'What about you? Why didn't you apply for the vacant position? I'm aware that the post is higher than the regional staff position you occupy now?' Tarasha paused at the door, placing her hand on the knob.

Paul smiled. 'I'm not a developer or programmer, I would have loved to. What I do is oversee and ensure that nothing strange is happening in my region. I make a report and summary of any crime or unusual occurrence that takes place during my working hours.'

'Alright, but all the vacant positions are occupied already?' Tarasha asked and was about to turn the knob.

'Wait!' Paul stopped her. 'I didn't ask you about your flatmates' he said in whispers. 'Are they your siblings or friends or...'

'Why do you worry?' Tarasha asked with a smile.

'I've seen two guys come out of this place and I don't know if one of them is your boyf...'

'You have nothing to worry about' Tarasha cut in and opened the door.

He walked in, following behind her like a timid child. Everyone in the living room looked towards their direction. The TV was still on but had been switched to the station airing the national news.

'These are my friends' Tarasha said as she ushered him to one of the one seater sofa by the left.

Paul waved and smiled at all of them before he sat down. Tarasha took the seat beside him and crossed her legs. 'So what should I offer you?'

'Anything nice' Paul answered with a smile, staring at her thighs which were clearly revealed the way she sat.

'Anything nice?'

'Yes' he shook his head like a frog in response.

'Please Khadijat, could you help me get the juice called "anything nice" for our guest' Tarasha joked, making everybody chuckle.

Aisha got up at once. 'Okay, I'll get him a good fruit juice' she said before leaving.

Paul's eyes followed Aisha as she stood up and began to walk away, her shining head was what got his attention.

'Strange' he muttered as Aisha walked out of sight.

'Strange' Tarasha chuckled, 'but she loves it that way'

'Oh... '

"An important meeting with the President have been scheduled for tomorrow morning to discuss the current security problems in the country. In respect to the growing assassin gang and assassination attacks that begun in the country sometime close to the climax of last year, representatives from all security bodies would be present to discuss the way forward with the President. We believe that a valid conclusion would be made tomorrow on this issue...' The female newscaster's voice was heard as Cole increased the volume with the remote control. Everybody in the room had turned to the TV. Aisha had also returned with a pack of cold fruit juice and a transparent glass cup on a tray,  she placed it on a stool and put it in front of the visitor.

'Representatives from the NSCC would be there also, the chairman Mr Sylvester and Henry E.G would be there' Paul began, talking in a manner as if he had been asked by Tarasha. Tarasha seemed less interested but he continued. 'The vice president would be the one working closely with Henry E.G and the newly employed developers, due to his experience in that line and being the pioneer of the system in Nigeria'

'Oh! The VP would be working with the new employees?' Tarasha asked, now more interested in the topic.

'Yes' he said after taking a sip from the glass cup. 'I overheard the chairman saying something like that'

Tarasha paused for a while and thought deeply while staring at the TV. 'Is there still space to employ one more person?'

Paul was surprised by her question, the glass cup made noise as he dropped it on the stool. 'I don't know. Why do you ask?'

'Ermm... Nothing really' Tarasha covered up with a smile. 'I just love your job, I wish I could work in the NSCC'

'Oh! I'll tell you when there is any vacancy available again'

'Thanks' Tarasha said with a light smile. 'What time is the meeting tomorrow?'

'11am'

Tarasha nodded her head slowly and turned away from him, she ran her fingers through her hair. If Elvis Richards was going to work with the NSCC, then his murder would be easier if she could work with the NSCC. Certainly, their plans has got to change. Her eyes met with Cole's who was also staring thoughtfully. He was thinking about the same thing. 

~~~

7pm

Henry was seated in his living room with Jefa, both of them in a kind of sober mood. Jefa had his palms covering his mouth, his elbows on his lap and his shoulders down.

'I shouldn't have showed up at all' Jefa complained loudly. 'I made her leave the place'

'It's not your fault sir'

'It is, whose fault is it if not mine? I should have just left her to continue her life the way she was used to living it. Now, she may be gone forever'

'No' Henry objected. 'I have this strong feeling that she would show up very soon, sooner that we expect'

'Stop trying to console me' Jefa shouted and got up from his seat.

'I'm saying the truth, she would resurface soon' Henry insisted, getting up from his seat too.

Jefa picked his nylon bag and began to walk towards the entrance. 'Bye Henry, thanks for your help'

'I'll drop you off' Henry quickly picked his car keys from the centre table and followed Jefa out.

**45 minutes later**

Jefa was back in his house, tears had formed in his eyes as he stared at his mother's diary which was before him on the table. He wondered how his mother would have felt in heaven at the thought of him reuniting with his sister to live happily again. But no, he had blown the opportunity and she was gone again, maybe forever this time.

Was their mother's spirit even in heaven? No, she couldn't be. Neither could his father's. Their spirits could not be at rest yet when their murderers were still roaming the country as free men and living as Kings. Their parent's spirit would never be at rest, he thought, until their murderers had all died.

He flipped open the front page of the diary, he felt an urge to open to the place he stopped at the last time but on remembering Omotara. He paused and tried to recall her birth date. May 27, 2006. He traced and opened to the page.

"Today, we returned to Erin forest to mark our wedding anniversary. We found something we weren't expecting, a teenager with a newly delivered girl child alone in the bush. The only words she said before fainting was 'I named her Omotara'. I and my husband quickly rushed her to the clinic in the village, we hope and pray she stays alive."

Jefa closed the book as a sharp pain pierced his heart. He could remember that day when his parents brought a new baby to the house in Lagos, he was eight years old then.

He was surprised when their mother walked into the house carrying the baby in her hands happily and he didn't see the mother of the baby following behind. It was more surprising when their father announced the next day to him and his only younger brother as at then that the baby was their new sister.

'How could it be?' He had asked himself. 'Mom wasn't pregnant with child before, or is it possible to conceive and give birth the same day?'

Several years went by and they got so used to her, even Jefa totally forgot how she had come into the family. The baby grew up to be an intelligent young child and was loved by everybody, she even became the favorite of Danjuma, their father.

No mention of her real parents was ever made by his parents to them, he had only overheard them talking about her mother when the baby was just a month old, and from their mood that day, he could guess that they were mourning her.

~~~~

**10pm**

Benny, Aisha and Cole sat on the three seater sofa, facing them closely was Tarasha seated on a stool. They were changing the strategies. Cole, Aisha and Benny were to travel to Katsina while Tarasha would remain in Abuja and push for the NSCC job. She had explained all they needed to do to them. All was also set to extract monies from Nasiru Attahiru's bank accounts.

Tarasha was ready for anything, she was going to storm the NSCC office prepared, prepared to face Henry and if need be the police. After checking and certifying that they had covered every track in the previous jobs, she was sure that even with all the background details Henry may have provided the police about her, they would never get any proof to link her to the assassinations.

'You'll be made to pay severely for any of your mistakes and I won't step in to help you' she warned. 'So for anyone of you who carelessly  picks up anything that looks attractive, you gotta use your brain and don't leave any trace behind'

...to be continued

Don't leave without dropping your comments

Read Chapter 14 part 5 on www.youngicee.com

7 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by ESIXLOVE: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
following till 1# = 1$
Nice job sir, I want to be like you when I grow up.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
chai, see me see this Oyin guy, y stopping here? I'm more than curious to know how there next operation will unfold.

next update ooo

Before I forget, thank you for giving us update, more data to ur phone
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ikdbabie(f): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nice. Plz serve me more. I love every episode u drop.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by dorox10: 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mr Oyin Prince, I give you hand. Na man you be.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by donmat06(m): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2016
Now this is what we call an action story!!!!!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by slimsue(f): 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
Finally I can comment. Been reading this story as a guest. Oyinprice, you too much abeg, this is more Dan just a story, it more of a movie. More data to ur fone sir.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
slimsue:
Finally I can comment. Been reading this story as a guest. Oyinprice, you too much abeg, this is more Dan just a story, it more of a movie. More data to ur fone sir.
Welcome Nairaland, miss slimsue.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Tara should have stick to the name "Evelyn"... But i hope she's going to use it as her middle name.

I'm sorry for the VP's mother sad
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Fijumokesayo(f): 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
Tara is Chief's daughter! A new twist indeed... Good job Oyin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Joskiro50: 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Fijumokesayo:
Tara is Chief's daughter! A new twist indeed... Good job Oyin

No. Rather, Chief killed Tara's parents.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by preciousife: 6:22am On Apr 15, 2016
Oyinprince, I must confess you r good. well done
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by EuchariaMichael(f): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Oyin Prince I swear you're out of this world, I keep wondering where you get your inspirations from, you're unique, talented and focused. With the way you're going the sky will actually be your starting point,. God bless you big time love kiss <3
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by slimsue(f): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2016
I think d IF of the police killed Tara's family. U guys shld look at the name.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by slimsue(f): 11:37am On Apr 15, 2016
I think d IG of the police killed Tara's family. U guys shld look at the name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by totalhouse(m): 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Oyin the great writer.keep the great work going

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ridwan0100(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2016
Oyinprince u re rily endowed....kip d good work up....every update was a hit bak2bak
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Sageez(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Joskiro50:

No. Rather, Chief killed Tara's parents.
seconded.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 14 Part 5
**Friday Morning**
1am

'No Omotara, No' Jefa was shouting as his eyes popped open. He was sweating and breathing heavily. He used his palm to wipe off the sweat on his face and stretched on the chair. He realized that he had slept off while reading the diary. His dream was consistent with his situation but it somehow made him scared. He had seen seven year old Omotara playing with some kids in his dream, in the large compound of their house in Lagos as at then. She was playing happily with the rest of the kids until he walked in through the gate. She stood up from their midst where she was and stared at him, looking terrified. He wasn't planning to flog or scold her, so he couldn't understand why she was terrified. She began to step back slowly without turning back, towards the building of the house. Her friends gradually disappeared into thin air.

'Come Omotara, come. I'm not flogging you' he said in the dream. She refused and continued to step back, looking more terrified with the steps she took.

'Why are you running away? Come and play with your friends' he repeated but she was adamant. A tall man appeared from behind her, looking deadly with a blood stained dagger in his hands.

'Omotara stop' he cautioned, himself terrified also but she didn't listen. It was already late when she turned back, the strange man was only one step behind her. He was shouting her name as he woke up.

Jefa made a quick but deep prayer for Omotara's safety and ended it with the cross sign. The chair creaked as he relaxed back, the diary was still open on his lap, on the same page he read before dozing off. He flipped to the next page.

"Today, we transferred Adunni to the General Hospital where we work. I carried the baby to see Adunni, Adunni fed her baby with her breast milk for the first time. She was glad to do it. But we couldn't live her baby with her, she'll be sleeping most of the times and won't be able to look after the baby."

He scrolled to the next day, it was longer than usual.

"Adunni is gradually getting better and would be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. She spoke with us today, revealing to us the circumstances surrounding her pregnancy and childbirth. Adunni who is just eighteen year old was brought up by her single sickly mother. She finished her secondary school education last year. Being a bright and promising young girl, her village decided to send her as their first female child who would get a university education. She was sent to see a son of the land who is a lecturer in the State university and discuss about her admission process with him. She went to his home in the village and met him. He promised to help her secure the admission, asking her to come see him in his office at the state's capital where the university was. She travelled to the capital the third day after. He welcomed her warmly into his office and closed the doors to have a quiet talk and career advice session with her. All was going well until the man got up from his seat and turned round the table to seat in front of her. His first move was to encourage her to unbutton the upper part of her shirt since the place was hot and the power holding corporation had seized electricity flow. To cut short the matter, she was r*ped and forced to leave the office immediately. He threatened her not to tell anyone, else that would be the end of her dreams of the university education. She made up her mind to keep the ordeal to herself and take it as a sacrifice for her greatness. But he didn't keep to his own part of the agreement. She was surprised when she got back to the village that day and he had already called and lied to the village King and Chiefs that she tried to seduce him.

They believed his story against hers and decided that it was useless to help an immoral person. The whole village turned against her and her mother for trying to spoil the image of the most successful son of the land. Few weeks after, Adunni discovered that she was with child. All these resulted to her mother's depression state and she died two months after. Adunni was left alone with no one to help her. She became sick at the ninth month of her pregnancy and began to treat herself with local herbs. She was gathering firewood in the bush when her time for delivery came "

Jefa placed a finger on the page where he stopped and closed the book. He let out a deep breath and got up, he took the picture under the table and placed it between the pages of the diary where he stopped reading.

~~~

8am

'Good morning Mr Sylvester' Henry greeted as he walked into the control room.

'Good morning Mr Henry' Sylvester replied, raising his eyes to look at Henry from behind the computer where he was seated. He was looking smart in his black suit and blue inner shirt, Henry was also dressed in the same way.

'Are you ready for the meeting?'

'Of course, I am' Henry answered, taking his seat behind a computer on the row before Sylvester's.

'We got another application last night' Sylvester announced.

'Application for what?'

'Application for the job'

'Well...' Henry seemed interested. 'Does it qualify for an interview?'

'Yes, this CV is particularly interesting. Come take a look at it' Sylvester invited.

'No need for that' Henry declined, putting his focus on what he was doing. 'Just keep it, we may review it later'

'It's okay' Sylvester answered and got up from his seat. 'We'll be leaving by 9am'

~~

'Agent James Elvis!!' hailed the deputy commissioner of police, Kwara State. 'Welcome once again to the state of harmony'

'Thank your sir' agent James replied, smiling back to the DCP. They were both seated in the extension of DCP's office, which had comfortable sofas to relax in.

'I believe you'll have no problems in this state especially as it is your state of origin' the DCP continued. 'How's his Excellency, your father?'

'He's fine, I believe'

'What was his response when he heard that you've been transferred to this state?'

'I don't know, he didn't say anything. You know he has never been in support of my work in the force' James answered, taking a sip from the cup of juice on the table.

'That's strange, considering his effort in tightening the security of the nation. One would think he would even compel his children to join the force'

'He thinks it's too dangerous and that I'm not strong enough' James answered.

'Well, that aside. Back to your job here.' The DCP sat up. 'We want to strengthen our anti assassination and terrorism squads and we believe that you can make it work. That's why you were sent here, your job would begin fully on Monday. Now you'll be taken to the house and allowed to rest. You'll find every information you require for your job in your office when you resume on Monday'

~~~

Officer Dakolo was in his office, gathering the files he would be taking along for the meeting. He was dressed in his special agent's uniform for the occasion.

His doorbell rang. 'Come in' he said without paying much attention'

'Good morning sir' officer Ken saluted after closing the door.

'Good morning officer Ken' Dakolo replied, without looking up. 'You may have your seat' he offered and waited for Ken to sit before he continued. 'Are you prepared for the meeting?'

'Yes sir, I am' Ken smiled. ' I actually came to ask if we'll be moving together'

'Yes, of course. No need to go separately' Dakolo answered, taking a glance at Ken's face. 'What's the time now?'

'It's 8.15am' Ken replied after taking a brief look at his wristwatch.

'Okay. Hope you've got all files ready?'

'Yes sir and there's something new' Ken answered, sounding serious.

'Something new?' Dakolo turned his eye focus to Ken.

'Yes sir and I think it's important we look into it'

'Now?' Dakolo frowned. Ken nodded in affirmation. 'What are you talking about?'

'It's the reply from the US headquarters. It just came in this morning' Ken removed a paper from the file in his hands and handed it to Dakolo.

Dakolo read for two minutes. 'Have you sent the substance sample they sent to the forensics?'

'Not yet sir, I wanted to tell you before I do' Ken replied.

'You should send it immediately.' He said and stared at the paper again. 'It would have been nice if we got this earlier. With what it states, the assassin team in Nigeria here is related to the one in the United States. They function with the same instruments and similar strategies. '

He handed back the paper to Ken, 'let's handle the meeting with what we have gotten before, we'll come back to this'

~~~

**Saturday Morning**

The meeting with the President went well. All attendees left there fired up and determined to stop the assassination menace at every cost. The Vice President had during the meeting warned the security officials to be careful and always remain optimistic. 'The assassinations have not yet began, they are still doing their test run' he had said. 'I believe this group have a more dangerous motive and what they've done so far is a ploy to weaken the security by making the concerned bodies give up their hopes of capturing them. Once this is achieved, they would launch more attacks and aim for more government officials.'

The vice president also promised to work closely with them as an experienced officer that he once was and see to it that every useful knowledge he has would be provided to them.

Amidst several other things he said, the President, Emeka Vincent finally ended the meeting encouraging the bodies to put in more effort and ensure that their purpose was achieved in two months.

Sylvester had arrived into his office not long ago and settled down when he received a call from the reception that someone was waiting to see him.

'But you know I don't see anyone on Monday early mornings' he answered the caller.

'She insisted that you asked her to come' the secretary replied in low tones.

'I did?' Sylvester asked, trying to remember if he really fixed an appointment with someone.

'Yes, that's what she said'

'What's her name?'

'Kimberly Alexander'

'Huh?' Sylvester squinted, trying to remember where he had seen or heard the name before. He remembered, in the new CV. Could it be that he had mistakenly sent her an invite?

'Let her come in' he finally said and ended the call. He hurriedly logged on to the company's mail to confirm if he sent her an invite.

His doorbell rang. He minimized the mail window and opened the app to check the monitor cameras outside his office. He saw the person at the door, a lady dressed in black suit carrying a small black bag. 'Come in' he said, unlocking the door with the remote control on his table.

She opened the door and walked in gently. 'Good morning sir' she bent her knees slightly after closing the door.

'Please come in' he repeated and she walked forward briskly and stood beside the visitor's seat. 'Have your seat'

'Thank you sir' she sat down and placed the bag on her lap.

'What may I do for you?'

'Sir' Tarasha began. 'I'm Kimberly Alexander, I read about the urgent vacancies and I decided to check here'

'I've gotten your mail already, why didn't you wait for a reply?' Sylvester frowned.

'Sir, since it was announced as an urgent vacancy and I didn't get a reply immediately. I decided to show in person in case my mail wasn't delivered.'

'It was delivered, you should have been patient. In fact, your mail came late' Sylvester intensified his crown. 'And how come you were referred here directly? Someone else was supposed to attend to you before sending you to me' he said with slight anger in his voice. He picked the landline and began to punch the keys.

'I asked directly for you' she said softly. 'I demanded to see Mr Sylvester'

'What?' He stopped dialing. 'How did you know my name?'

'I read about the corporation and I knew you would be the one to attend to me'

'Well...' His doorbell chimed. Sylvester paused and checked the computer again to see who was at the door, Henry was the one. He unlocked the door.

Henry walked in slowly staring into a tab and reading something. 'Oh! You have a guest' be exclaimed on seeing the lady seated on the visitor's seat facing Sylvester.

'Yes'

'Okay, let me drop this with you and go' Henry said and began to step forward slowly.

'You may need to see her, she's the lady who sent in the last CV' Sylvester explained.

...to be continued

Do drop your comments below

Read Chapter 14 part 6 on www.youngicee.com

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
'I hold my breath til next update'... Oyin, tank you o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by hefelove(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2016
Henry's face when he sees tarasha shocked bur d very slow update dey mk me loose interest for dis sweet story
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by 1LadySule(f): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
WOW! TARASHA IS JUST WOW!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by amtalkin(f): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
All I can say is WOW!
God protect Tarasha.
She must NEVER be caught
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.