Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. (17656 Views)

Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House / Wall Finishes -3d Panels, Wallpapers, Painting Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
kopell:
Wa Oooo, for real. Going this far to save projuct owner money. Very kind, how many contractors will do that this days.

One did for me this week, Smiley001, while he didn't go to Lagos but he is also as conscientious.

But tuale for KolaShangOne sha, e try no be small even though he's hiding his Engineers from us

Yes yes I'm still facing my lane cheesy
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
mufutau55:

True. Quite understood. Thanks.

This can be EgunMogaji's one week pay.. for carrying the blocks.

Hajji M.

grin grin Hajji, Its more than 1 week o.. Blocks are charged at 20 naira per block so he has to carry 1000 blocks which I bet he can't in a week.. In a month Sef..
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:

grin grin Hajji, Its more than 1 week o.. Blocks are charged at 20 naira per block so he has to carry 1000 blocks which I bet he can't in a week.. In a month Sef..

That kin laugh na nervous laugh o. Make u no start shaking as time draws near o.

See my oga you no sabi contract very well.

Our bet didn't stipulate distance. You said "I bet you can't move XX block a day". I assure you that I can shift 1,000 blocks in a week across 1 feet grin
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by kopell: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

One did for me this week, Smiley001, while he didn't go to Lagos but he is also as conscientious.

But tuale for KolaShangOne sha, e try no be small even though he's hiding his Engineers from us

This is good news, where are all this guys when I was doing my little thing. I'm lucky, never had any bad belle experience with my engineer, expect some of day labor walking away with some of my stuffs at site. I hope we have many more of this guys.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:

No sir. I no wan kill my big friend and brother o. No Alabukun for Ame o.

Those your Engineers no dey climb roof to work? More photos of those o... You know the one I dey talk o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
kopell:
Wa Oooo, for real. Going this far to save projuct owner money. Very kind, how many contractors will do that this days.

I have plenty "human feelings".
The thing is. I told Oga I was going to refunded him if any excesses / surpluses occurred and I was just keeping to my word.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

That kin laugh na nervous laugh o. Make u no start shaking as time draws near o.

See my oga you no sabi contract very well.

Our bet didn't stipulate distance. You said "I bet you can't move XX block a day". I assure you that I can shift 1,000 blocks in a week across 1 feet grin

Nervous laugh ke.. Hajji, see Egun Mogaji talking about distance now.. Soon we will be calculating Speed, Velocity and Acceleration..

Few days to arrival and AGREEMENT is changing. You were supposed to be labour for the bricklayers oo..

Bring plenty Obama money for the boys oo.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
kopell:
This is good news, where are all this guys when I was doing my little thing. I'm lucky, never had any bad belle experience with my engineer, expect some of day labor walking away with some of my stuffs at site. I hope we have many more of this guys.

Thanks for the compliment Oga but we are not Angels oo.. Everyone works for profit or to break even at least.. Its just that we are not as money hungry as each other.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
mufutau55:

No sir. I no wan kill my big friend and brother o. No Alabukun for Ame o.

Those your Engineers no dey climb roof to work? More photos of those o... You know the one I dey talk o.

Hajji M.

Hajji I have no idea what you're talking about.. grin tongue
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Haba!! Oga Kola...

Hajji M.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:

**posts and runs out of thread*** grin

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thank you brother. And she Alhaja too, regi-regi. see how she covers her head. Nah real Engineer be that o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by gabbytabby: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

My sister go surprise you soon. You know see as she came prepared with her sokoto and canvas.

Even with my arthritis people tend to underestimate me and I actually like that cos I rescue my materials from the roof
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by gabbytabby: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Chemicals to treat the wood..

me I just use black oil and some chemical in the 4-5 litre can. Can't remember what the name of the chemical is now.

What are the names of the chemicals
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by peaceland(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2015
gabbytabby:

me I just use black oil and some chemical in the 4-5 litre can. Can't remember what the name of the chemical is now.

What are the names of the chemicals

Solignum is one of them.

Hajji M.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by kowopefarm: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2015
please where is the aluminium company located in lagos. how much per square meter and can i have their no
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by gabbytabby: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Solignum is one of them.

Hajji M.
that is the one soligum and black oil (used engine oil from trailer and other large trucks)
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by gabbytabby: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2015
peaceland:
@ KolaShangOne; @ all
I am also interested in this question
1. what are the chemicals used - their names and perhaps the pros and cons
2. after treating with these chemicals; if you notice holes/decay years after what do you do; replace or treat again?.
3. in my current residence I have a wooden door that keeps producing tiny wood droppings from lots of suspicious holes. I have poured all sorts of chemicals into the door without stopping the issue - Sniper; kerosine; diesel; mosquito sprays; engine oil; etc. A carpenter said its irreversible but I felt it must be a living organism doing it and should be 'kill-able'. what possible solution if any is there?
Thank you
if it's the wrong wood ie not hard wood there is nothing you can do save for replacing. If it's hardwood then you need to ensure that it is sprayed with sandi sealer and lacquer from the onset.

lagos is an ikon termite land such that at times no matter what you do they get to it in the end especially if the place is not cleaned out regularly and depending on the wood type.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
gabbytabby:
that is the one soligum and black oil (used engine oil from trailer and other large trucks)

Usually my Carpenter mix it with Kerosene.
Wonder what the engine oil contributes to it.

Hajji M.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by peaceland(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks a lot ma
gabbytabby:
if it's the wrong wood ie not hard wood there is nothing you can do save for replacing. If it's hardwood then you need to ensure that it is sprayed with sandi sealer and lacquer from the onset.

lagos is an ikon termite land such that at times no matter what you do they get to it in the end especially if the place is not cleaned out regularly and depending on the wood type.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
All of this cancernogenic stuff you're spraying just anyhow, I no dey o.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by gabbytabby: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Usually my Carpenter mix it with Kerosene.
Wonder what the engine oil contributes to it.

Hajji M.

thanks for the reminder they do mix with kerosene
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by gabbytabby: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:
All of this cancernogenic stuff you're praying just anyhow, I no dey o.

hence you need to rub on wood on the ground before they install the wood up.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
gabbytabby:

Regardless, there has to be a safer product to use than used engine oil and kerosene.

But carry on and I thank you all for his subject as it makes me educated on what to add to my list to import.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by gabbytabby: 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Regardless, there has to be a safer product to use than used engine oil and kerosene.

But carry on and I thank you all for his subject as it makes me educated on what to add to my list to import.

please do share with us any information you get on safer alternatives
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
gabbytabby:

Yes madam.. The chemicals are solignum, Black oil and DDT from Jubaili Agrotec..

Original DDT is the most powerful amongst all.. Even contact with the skin for a few minutes you will feel your skin reacting. It kills anything on touch. We mix all the chemicals together to form a powerful combo grin

@Peacland. Its better to replace the door. You can as well try DDT but please be safety conscious..

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
gabbytabby:

Yes it's rubbed on the wood, left for some days to air-dry at which point you can only get harmed if you decided to have the wood for breakfast or dinner.. as a termite..

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
Pic 1: Sorting out the aluminium into sizes..

Pic 2: Eaves angle, Ridge cap, gutter trimming, wall bracket etc etc..

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Babs612000(m): 2:14am On Sep 12, 2015
KolaShangOne:

1. With shoot-outs, its 25.5m x 11.7m
2. The house is 2 units of 3 bedroom flat. That means there are a total of six ( 6 ) bedrooms.
Thanks for the above information.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by smiley001(m): 9:45am On Sep 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks sir.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
First day of Aluminum work..

Facial cladding started n concluded..
Ceiling- 50% done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brooklyn Court 800k no more excuses, buy 5 and get 1 free / Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments / HOUESES AND LANDS AVAILABLE AT ROYAL HAVEN GARDEN MOWE OFADA!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.