Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. (12537 Views)

Earth-billion Years, Man In God's Image-6000 Years / You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products / Is The Earth About 6000 Years Old According To The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Ok.....explain how the water in Gen 1:2 came into existence

The cataclysm is nowhere mentioned in Scripture it is just one of the ways to justify this so called Lucifer's flood. If there was ever a worldwide pre-Adamic cataclysm why do we still find fossils in the rocks, would they not have been destroyed?

That the earth was without form and void and that the Spirit of God moved over the waters is as a result of what God created in verse 1. It is just like builders who have a ready supply of sand, cement and water ready to build. God proceeded to create in 6 literal days and rested on the 7th.

"For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is" (Exodus 20:11).
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The cataclysm is nowhere mentioned in Scripture it is just one of the ways to justify this so called Lucifer's flood. If there was ever a worldwide pre-Adamic cataclysm why do we still find fossils in the rocks, would they not have been destroyed?

That the earth was without form and void and that the Spirit of God moved over the waters is as a result of what God created in verse 1. It is just like builders who have a ready supply of sand, cement and water ready to build. God proceeded to create in 6 literal days and rested on the 7th.

"For in six days the LORD [u]made[/u]heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is" (Exodus 20:11).
What was it God create in Gen 1:1?

Note the bolded the word use is "made" not "create" made imply 'making use of out of something' while create means "Anew out of nothing"
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
[size=18pt]Time is short. When are you going to give your life to Jesus?[/size]

Please, seize this opportunity and say this little prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I acknowledge you as my Lord and personal Saviour and that you died for my sins. Please, Lord, forgive me of all my iniquities and write my name in your Book of life. From today, I accept you as my Lord and denounce any relationship with Satan and his agents. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. In Jesus name I prayed."

Now if you said this prayer, you are born again and you know what, there is rejoicing in Heaven right now for your sake.
Next step, find a Bible believing Church around you (RCCG, Deeper Life, TREM, MFM, Christ Apostolic church, ECWA) and become baptised by IMMERSION. You life is already anew.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
starlingslimnet:

What was it God create in Gen 1:1?

The Cosmos.

starlingslimnet:

Note the bolded the word use is "made" not "create" made imply 'making use of out of something' while create means "Anew out of nothing"

Either you use made or create or formed all are used interchangeably.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The Cosmos.
Universe not cosmos and if you prefer cosmos,earth is part of the cosmos or not?

Either you use made or create or formed all are used interchangeably.
Hebrew words have distinctive meaning and emphasis, the writers know the reason they use "made" for the earth and "created" for the beginning. Tne Hebrew words of the original manuscript proved you wrong brother
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Xetima:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I acknowledge you as my Lord and personal Saviour and that you died for my sins. Please, Lord, forgive me of all my iniquities and write my name in your Book of life. From today, I accept you as my Lord and denounce any relationship with Satan and his agents. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. In Jesus name I prayed."

Now if you said this prayer, you are born again and you know what, there is rejoicing in Heaven right now for your sake.
Next step, find a Bible believing Church around you (RCCG, Deeper Life, TREM, MFM, Christ Apostolic church, ECWA) and become baptised by IMMERSION. You life is already anew.

But what if I'm not a "sinner"? What if I have no relationship with Satan and his/her agents?
What if I just feel Christianity is a scam and all reason and logic reveals that the bible is a fictional book?

3 Likes

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 01, 2015
Xetima:

[s]Next step, find a Bible believing Church around you (RCCG, Deeper Life, TREM, MFM, Christ Apostolic church, ECWA) and become baptised by IMMERSION. You life is already anew.[/s]
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

But what if I'm not a "sinner"? What if I have no relationship with Satan and his/her agents?
What if I just feel Christianity is a scam and all reason and logic reveals that the bible is a fictional book?
If you reject God you accept Satan.. no corner around it bro
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:06am On Sep 01, 2015
vooks:

Negro,
When you explain the origin of the universe, you will really have matured enough to debate me
Don't flatter yourself, I'm not the one debating you... And creationism borders on your very plea of arguments from ignorance (I. e can't explain x completely, therefore y smiley )

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 12:06am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
If you reject God you accept Satan.. no corner around it bro

You mean if I reject YOUR God? Because I believe in one less God than you do. We are both unbelievers to the 100,000 other Gods. By your logic, you've accepted 100,000 satans

6 Likes

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Universe not cosmos and if you prefer cosmos,earth is part of the cosmos or not?

What's the difference between Cosmos and the universe and is the earth not part of the universe?

starlingslimnet:

Hebrew words have distinctive meaning and emphasis, the writers know the reason they use "made" for the earth and "created" for the beginning. Tne Hebrew words of the original manuscript proved you wrong brother

I can give you verses where they are used interchangeably even though I agree that they have their distinctive meanings you can only detect this when you read the context. Look at the verse below for instance.

"For thus says the Lord, that created the heavens, God Himself that formed the earth, and made it, He has established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:18).
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:11am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU as a creationist, are humans different from other animals or have any advantage?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What's the difference between Cosmos and the universe and is the earth not part of the universe?

I can give you verses where they are used interchangeably even though I agree that they have their distinctive meanings you can only detect this when you read the context. Look at the verse below for instance.

"For thus says the Lord, that created the heavens, God Himself that formed the earth, and made it, He has established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:18).
Go and see the Hebrew dictionary for "made" and "Created" they means two different thing as I have explained earlier.

Like you said "Earth is path of the universe" and If I am right you agree "The universe was created in the beginning" and since earth was part of the universe according to you I see then it must have been created in the beginning alongside with the universe.

Saying otherwise is contractdiction your words that " the universe was made in the beginning and earth is part of the universe"

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:

OLAADEGBU as a creationist, are humans different from other animals or have any advantage?

Humans are created in God's image and after His likeness, and are to have dominion over other creatures such as the animals.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

You mean if I reject YOUR God? Because I believe in one less God than you do. We are both unbelievers to the 100,000 other Gods. By your logic, you've accepted 100,000 satans
There is only one God of gods; the Creator of the universe. His name is Yahweh if you reject him you accept Satan your archenemy.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Go and see the Hebrew dictionary for "made" and "Created" they means two different thing as I have explained earlier.

Like you said "Earth is path of the universe" and If I am right you agree "The universe was created in the beginning" and since earth was part of the universe according to you I see then it must have been created in the beginning alongside with the universe.

Saying otherwise is contractdiction your words that " the universe was made in the beginning and earth is part of the universe"

I've got to go now but I'll leave you with a link that answers your questions if you're really interested in getting answers.

https://answersingenesis.org/genesis/did-god-create-bara-or-make-asah-in-genesis-1/
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:18am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Humans are created in God's image and after His likeness, and are to have dominion over other creatures such as the animals.

Ecclesiastes 3:19

For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; the same thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man has no advantage over a beast: for all is vanity.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I've got to go now but I'll leave you with a link that answers your questions if you're really interested in getting answers.

https://answersingenesis.org/genesis/did-god-create-bara-or-make-asah-in-genesis-1/
haha..no problem bro....see you next time

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:

Ecclesiastes 3:19

For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; the same thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man has no advantage over a beast: for all is vanity.
You miscontrued the Scripture
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:22am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
You miscontrued the Scripture
I added nothing to that verse, it's a king James passage. word for word you and an animal have the same fate and are worth nothing.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 12:25am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
There is only one God of gods; the Creator of the universe. His name is Yahweh if you reject him you accept Satan your archenemy.

How do I reject/accept that which does not exist? You are living someone else's fantasy.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:26am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I believe I have debated you on this topic before.
The question now is,are the answers in Genesis' or with Christ Jesus ? smiley

Repent of your idolatry creationism!

◄ Proverbs 2:6
For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
I added nothing to that verse, it's a king James passage. word for word you and an animal have the same fate and are worth nothing.
Do you believe in Christ as Your Saviour from sin and your redeemer from Death?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

How do I reject/accept that which does not exist? You are living someone else's fantasy.
If that is the case why bother yourself about it? Oo it's that same eternal conviction in every human soul about reunification with God his Creator... the same thing that keeps drawing man back to Eden.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:30am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Do you believe in Christ as Your Saviour from sin and your redeemer from Death?
Yes, If Christ died for us, who can be against us?!
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:31am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
If that is the case why bother yourself about it? Oo it's that same eternal conviction in every human soul about reunification with God his Creator... the same thing that keeps drawing man back to Eden.
To each his own, don't push Christianity on others... Christ never did, so why should you?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
To each his own, don't push Christianity on others... Christ never did, so why should you?
I don't even do Christainity,I don't practice religion I am only a Christain;a follower of Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
Yes, If Christ died for us, who can be against us?!
There is nothing in all creation that can separate us from the Love of God.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:34am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
I don't even do Christainity,I don't practice religion I am only a Christain;a follower of Christ.
All are tautology, Christ came to establish a kingdom did he not?... are you denying that?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by iameugene(m): 12:34am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You have to make up your mind as to whether you believe the Word of God or the words of fallible men because they are not saying the same thing.
where did thr land came from... Was d water dried by d sun, last tym i check no smallest amount of water or oxygen leaves the earth
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
All are tautology, Christ came to establish a kingdom did he not?... are you denying that?
In the days of those kings God will set up a Kingdom
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by iameugene(m): 12:37am On Sep 01, 2015
dalaman:

Both are words of men. The first are words of men who studied researched and came to a conclusion and the second are words of men who just sat down wrote myths and assigned it to some God idea they imagined.
wow finally dis is one person that thinks like me.. Ive thought abt this b4 dis is why i support science bcux of the research nd conclusion but d God thing ive not even seen a clue d miracles nd all oda stuffs r just the thing of the faith

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Pastors Seen In Hell, & Others That Might Miss The Rapture / Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno / What Does This Quote Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.