Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. (12496 Views)

Earth-billion Years, Man In God's Image-6000 Years / You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products / Is The Earth About 6000 Years Old According To The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:38am On Sep 01, 2015
iameugene:
where did thr land came from... Was d water dried by d sun, last tym i check no smallest amount of water or oxygen leaves the earth
Land is uplifted by geothermal activities and tectonic shifts from beneath the ocean...

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:39am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
In the days of those kings God will set up a Kingdom
And is that not our sworn duty to prepare the bride(kingdom) for the groom(heaven with Jesus)?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:40am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
There is nothing in all creation that can separate us from the Love of God.
Sin
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
Sin
If sin can Christ would not have come
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by iameugene(m): 12:43am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
Land is uplifted by geothermal activities and tectonic shifts from beneath the ocean...
so now it is floating like an iceberg? Bcux if it was uplifted its gonna leave d rightful position were it was b4 it came up. Or did it grow or wat undecided
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:43am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
If sin can Christ would not have come
Love is what made him come.. . remember John 3:16?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
And is that not our sworn duty to prepare the bride(kingdom) for the groom(heaven with Jesus)?
It's not our duty it's Christ duty to present us Holy and Blameless to God our duty is witnessing to his resurrection.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
Love is what made him come.. . remember John 3:16?
That means Sin can't separate us from God in that the more sin abounds the more we go far away from him and the more we go away the more we die spiritually and the more God want us back to him,want to save us from death.So he keep loving us despite our failures
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 12:46am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
If that is the case why bother yourself about it? Oo it's that same eternal conviction in every human soul about reunification with God his Creator... the same thing that keeps drawing man back to Eden.

I'm not bothered. Indoctrination led me to think along those lines. Enlightenment and reason has explained it's all fiction. Obviously, your mind is still trapped.
I can't conceive a God that rewards, punishes his creatures for their actions, which he claims to already know before they occur, but also insists they have free will.

3 Likes

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

As you are advancing in age you are equally descending into the pit. I hope atheist evolutionists welcome you into their fold.

Why are you still glued to your chains Mr OLAADEGBU?

3 Likes

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

I'm not bothered. Indoctrination led me to think along those lines. Enlightenment and reason has explained it's all fiction. Obviously, your mind is still trapped.
I can't conceive a God that rewards, punishes his creatures for their actions, which he claims to already know before they occur, but also insists they have free will.
No man can justify God by words only God can justify himself to individuals.

Has it ever occurred to you why you are much concerned about someone you don't believe exist or have no use to you and for you?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:53am On Sep 01, 2015
iameugene:
so now it is floating like an iceberg? Bcux if it was uplifted its gonna leave d rightful position were it was b4 it came up. Or did it grow or wat undecided
Truly the Lord says we must be like children to learn...
You can ask any geologist where land comes from and you'll get the same answer...

http://science.jrank.org/kids/pages/82/LAND-FORMATION.html

http://www.skwirk.com/p-c_s-4_u-460_t-1243_c-4746/vic/science/-from-the-earth-s-core-to-the-crust-/the-creation-of-landforms/types-of-landforms
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:55am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
It's not our duty it's Christ duty to present us Holy and Blameless to God our duty is witnessing to his resurrection.
Ah... but it is our duty to keep ourselves that way of our own free will...
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 12:56am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
That means Sin can't separate us from God in that the more sin abounds the more we go far away from him and the more we go away the more we die spiritually and the more God want us back to him,want to save us from death.So he keep loving us despite our failures
For his mercies endureth forever!
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by davien(m): 1:04am On Sep 01, 2015
It's been so long I've spoken christianese,brings back memories... lol! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 1:07am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
No man can justify God by words only God can justify himself to individuals.

Has it ever occurred to you why you are much concerned about someone you don't believe exist or have no use to you and for you?

Because it was drilled into me from birth. At home, School, sunday school. Endless cycle of brain washing. Yeah and there's the little fact that I live in a society dominated by religous based ideologies.
I believe religion does more harm than good for humanity. That's why I've decided not to ignore it. The atrocities commited in the name of your Gods are unspeakable. I've lived a lot better since I had no devils to blame for immoral, inhumane and irrational actions

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by lepasharon(f): 2:17am On Sep 01, 2015
Xetima:
[size=18pt]Time is short. When are you going to give your life to Jesus?[/size]

Please, seize this opportunity and say this little prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I acknowledge you as my Lord and personal Saviour and that you died for my sins. Please, Lord, forgive me of all my iniquities and write my name in your Book of life. From today, I accept you as my Lord and denounce any relationship with Satan and his agents. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. In Jesus name I prayed."

Now if you said this prayer, you are born again and you know what, there is rejoicing in Heaven right now for your sake.
Next step, find a Bible believing Church around you (RCCG, Deeper Life, TREM, MFM, Christ Apostolic church, ECWA) and become baptised by IMMERSION. You life is already anew.

does this answer the OP ? undecided Move man !

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The belief may not necessarily be a prerequisite for going to hell but it shows where your authority lies. The Word of God or the words of fallible men.

the age of the earth is irrelevant to your salvation. The bible also clearly indicates that the earth did not start with Adam... please read Genesis 1 and Jeremiah 4. Again, as i said... many are no longer drawn to the loving arms of Christ because christians have become nothing but bible police. Even i am guilty of this.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

You'd be surprised how ignorant you truly are when you go beyond the superficial understanding you claim to have.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by lepasharon(f): 2:28am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
There is only one God of gods; the Creator of the universe. His name is Yahweh if you reject him you accept Satan your archenemy.

How do you know this pls ?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 2:29am On Sep 01, 2015
davidylan:

You'd be surprised how ignorant you truly are when you go beyond the superficial understanding you claim to have.

Care to elaborate? I'm always willing to learn
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

Care to elaborate? I'm always willing to learn

Care to explain what you mean by "enlightenment"? Enlightened on what? We can start from there.
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 3:07am On Sep 01, 2015
davidylan:

Care to explain what you mean by "enlightenment"? Enlightened on what? We can start from there.

So you don't understand my views, but you assume I'm ignorant. Typical.
Enlightenment on all aspects. The part that might concern you the most would be that the bible is really just a fictional compilation
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

So you don't understand my views, but you assume I'm ignorant. Typical.
Enlightenment on all aspects. The part that might concern you the most would be that the bible is really just a fictional compilation

I didnt assume you were ignorant, i simply noted that like so many, you tend to use the term "enlightenment" rather glibly. Take for example the last line of this post... what does "enlightenment in all aspects" actually mean? You never explain it at all. Infact its so broad as to be actually meaningless. How does that enlightenment help you come to the conclusion that the bible is fiction? It seems to me that you're making a jump in logic...
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 3:25am On Sep 01, 2015
davidylan:

I didnt assume you were ignorant, i simply noted that like so many, you tend to use the term "enlightenment" rather glibly. Take for example the last line of this post... what does "enlightenment in all aspects" actually mean? You never explain it at all. Infact its so broad as to be actually meaningless. How does that enlightenment help you come to the conclusion that the bible is fiction? It seems to me that you're making a jump in logic...

Enlightment in all aspects means I've studied Physics, Cosmology, Astronomy, Paleontology, History of religion, monotheism down to Christianity, the history of the bible itself, synonptic gospels, the cannonisation, lost scrolls, the endless discrepancies in the supposed inspired written work of an all powerful being. There's only one reasonable conclusion. Questionable have been turned into unshakeable truth by the passage of time.
If you believe every word of the bible is from your supreme being then I'm not sure we can have a rational discussion

2 Likes

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

Enlightment in all aspects means I've studied Physics, Cosmology, Astronomy, Paleontology, History of religion, monotheism down to Christianity, the history of the bible itself, synonptic gospels, the cannonisation, lost scrolls, the endless discrepancies in the supposed inspired written work of an all powerful being. There's only one reasonable conclusion. Questionable have been turned into unshakeable truth by the passage of time.
If you believe every word of the bible is from your supreme being then I'm not sure we can have a rational discussion

lol you must be a genius to have studied all that IN SUFFICIENT DETAIL to be able to make sense out of them... my guess is as usual, you're basically name dropping and really haven't studied a lick of what you claim. Let me ask a simple question - how does biology explain the creation of life?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by vooks: 3:33am On Sep 01, 2015
davien:
Don't flatter yourself, I'm not the one debating you... And creationism borders on your very plea of arguments from ignorance (I. e can't explain x completely, therefore y smiley )
It's not that you can't as yet, it's just that 'in the begining DIRT...' is the most ret@rded thing ever.

I have never understood why evolutionists divorce Origins from their theories. Who is supposed to account for origins? Orang-utans?
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:43am On Sep 01, 2015
The earth is not 6000 years old .

I created a nice thread for that - > https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Chizzled06(m): 3:47am On Sep 01, 2015
davidylan:

lol you must be a genius to have studied all that IN SUFFICIENT DETAIL to be able to make sense out of them... my guess is as usual, you're basically name dropping and really haven't studied a lick of what you claim. Let me ask a simple question - how does biology explain the creation of life?

Don't you think it's interesting how I never included Biology? So because Biological science hasn't (yet) concluded on the definitive process of the origin of living matter on earth, your holy book must be correct that "God did it"?

"You don't fully understand the universe (yet), your science is wrong about everything!"

I'd rather that than Genesis 1 & 2. Two differing accounts of creation in the first two chapters of the same book.

Again, I reiterate that we can't have a rational discussion if you literally believe every word of the bible.

4 Likes

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

I'd rather that than Genesis 1 & 2. Two differing accounts of creation in the first two chapters of the same book.

Again, I reiterate that we can't have a rational discussion if you literally believe every word of the bible.

First Account : Divine purpose stated or announced

Second Account : The actual creation of new inhabitants of the restored earth was done . The second one is the "true one " and in that order
Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

Don't you think it's interesting how I never included Biology? So because Biological science hasn't (yet) concluded on the definitive process of the origin of living matter on earth, your holy book must be correct that "God did it"?

"You don't fully understand the universe (yet), your science is wrong about everything!"

On the contrary, i was quite sure that you did not include biology because clearly you know that it does not support your theory of some random earth just appearing out of nowhere. That is the trick that people pull all the time, they rush to their safe havens (astronomy, physics) - esoteric sciences where they can spin things as they want, knowing that 99% of the people they are talking to have no clue so of course they can never be wrong (they can just invoke the fallacy of appeal to authority when found wanting).

I find it odd that you have chosen to not study the subject that is most fundamental to the creation of man - biology and the theory of evolution.

lol perhaps you also dismiss Newton's laws since he believed every word of the bible too? I believe every word of the bible (of course i question some parts) but how that has any relevance to a scientific analysis of your own viewpoint leaves me wondering.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:57am On Sep 01, 2015
@Chizzled06: this has been dealt with before , You can read my response --- > https://www.nairaland.com/2355882/which-did-god-create-first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye / If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. / List Of Great Men That Fell In The Bible Because Of Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.