Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix (1224 Views)

Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) / This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap / The Death Trap Called Abuja-Okene-Benin Highway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by akpanoka: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
The Ogoja- Calabar Road is arguably the worst in Africa. The federal road which links Benue state, Akwa Ibom and Cameroon also leads to the popular Obudu cattle ranch depending ion where you are coming from. Information gathered indicates that the road was constructed in the 70s by miktary govt.

However, the road is currently in a very bad shape with potholes covering several hundred kilometers. A journey from ogoja to calabar which ordinarily takes 3- 4 hours now takes 7hours on the minimum with attendant road accidents and deaths of Nigerians.
Cross River is an agrarian state. It means farmers ought to transport produce to market. D road has adversely affected them. Crops have perished due to longs hours spent on road, hired trucks breakdown making them incure more expenses with implications for prices of food product, and accidents also occur frequently.

I beg d MODs to draw the attention of government to this development as part of their corporate social responsibilities. Am sure those who ply the road would be happy that nairaland understands their plight.

God bless Nigeria, God bless Nairaland

Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by deadZONE: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
the previous Governor
was a CANCER to the
progress of that state..
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by Fixamm: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
shou
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by frankay430(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
coruption
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by eluquenson(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Evidence of bad governance
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by divinehand2003(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
OP, THERE ARE OTHER HIGHWAYS THAT ARE FAR WORSE THAN THIS.
HAVE U TRIED IKOT EKPENE - UMUAHIA ROAD? OTHERS ARE DEATH TRAPS AND GATEWAYS TO HELL.
NAIJA I HAIL.
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by Ddaji(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
This road was part of GEJ listed achievement in the SS/SE which on the basis he scored 100% vote.As par as we are concern the road has been done by GEJ Administration.Please stop this false propaganda to discrete our dear Gej Government grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by akpanoka: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
More pix

Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by akpanoka: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
divinehand2003:
OP, THERE ARE OTHER HIGHWAYS THAT ARE FAR WORSE THAN THIS.
HAVE U TRIED IKOT EKPENE - UMUAHIA ROAD? OTHERS ARE DEATH TRAPS AND GATEWAYS TO HELL.
NAIJA I HAIL.

I have also traveled on that road too. It is nothing compared to. Last weekend I left be benue state for calabar to attend a friend's wedding and the experience was ugly. U can recommend that road even to ur enemy. That's how bad it is. Trust me, its d worst
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
try Umunya and Awkuzu junction and thank me later shocked
useless and clueless state and federal governments of PDP
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by akpanoka: 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
Keneking:
try Umunya and Awkuzu junction and thank me later shocked
useless and clueless state and federal governments of PDP

The road needs change.
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by PentiumPro(f): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
OP.
Please re-orient your pictures before you break people's necks.
Re: The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix by Idokojimmy: 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
PentiumPro:
OP.
Please re-orient your pictures before you break people's necks.

My neck aches like person wen them wan show boundary for farmland.

But seriously this calls for action. I have passed there once, it wasn't this bad then.

(1) (Reply)

Union Bank Now Trending - As Buhari Declares Assets / Trailer Mashes Conductor To Another Trailer [graphic Photo] / How 23-yr-old Model Born Without Legs Makes , $1000 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.