Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) (31699 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Woman Sacked By Kaduna Electric Faints After Reading Sack Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by otabuko(m): 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
400billionman:

I just remembered one ungrateful girl who asked for money to make her hair and I offered N2,500 and she was like, will it be enough ?

When I say WICKEDNESS dey this country some people no dey understand...
lol...for we to maintain girls no easy, the worst be say them no know say to make this money hard....and them no dey appreciate....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ramos16:

i said they are not being humane, but the truth of the matter is that it is a business rather than a charity organization, so it is not because they are catholic. Any real business owner will do the same. If you want to be generous then that can come from personal pocket than from business
So the church don't consider morality when it comes to business? THE church is like an individual? What are you saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Smooth278(m): 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
adrusa:
I'm surprised at how we are always quick to condemn or praise things we do not have the details of. This woman was sacked AFTER SHE OVERSTAYED HER MATERNITY LEAVE. The issue of how long she overstayed the leave was carefully left out of the report. Please consider the facts. 1. The school is privately owned 2. The woman went on presumably paid maternity leave collecting money from the school during the leave, even though she wasn't working. Presumably for 3 months. 3. She decided to extend this three months to x months for whatever reasons. I think the school has a right to carefully consider her case and see if her absence was justified. I think we need to get ALL THE FACTS before we condemn anyone. And in case it matters, I'm proudly Muslim.

Excellent point... now I don't need to type a post making this same point... sad that most people here are quick to condemn without knowing all the details... the fact that how long she spent extra was omitted tells us that it was probably an insane length of time that's not tenable anywhere hence the choice of tactic to appeal to people's emotions... also we don't know the woman's prior disciplinary record so it's premature to say too much concerning the issue.
Last shot, how many of us here will allow a member of our staff extend her leave for up to a year or more while still getting paid... this is a business organization, no one will give u free money as there's no free lunch anywhere; not even in Freetown...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by omowaleola(f): 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
Zonacom:
A proud catholic, but i must say the way some mission schools treat people under their employ is very absurd. Especially schools managed by Rev. sisters. Have heard a lotta bad tales about them. Not good
I'm a catholic. Also I have worked in a catholic school managed by rev. Sr. I was ashamed. The way teachers are treated is so absurd. Imagine teachers sweeping the floor for students as punishment or a situation a rev. Sister locked up house staff in the hostel for coming out late.
This staff are overworked with little pay. I didn't spend more than a year. I couldn't take it. Not all rev. Sisters though. There is one among them who is like a sister to me but most are too harsh. Dem dey behave like na my force dem force them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Ramos16(m): 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Freemanan:

So the church don't consider morality when it comes to business? THE church is like an individual? What are you saying?
morality? Wats morality in all these, is it now imorale to sack a person? or to do it by the books?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Orikinla(m): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
If she has a good case, let her report to Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie at the Holy Cross Cathedral on Lagos Island, Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by tola268: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
ijustdey:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/31/woman-sacked-paid-n2500-as-benefit-at-catholic-school/

Photo of the woman and her child

Catholic Mission must let people know which one is superior between GOD and MONEY Their schools charge students to pay exorbitant school fee but they will pay little salary for their workers. To me l can say they know money than God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ramos16:

morality? Wats morality in all these, is it now imorale to sack a person? or to do it by the books?
Good Evening..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
tola268:
Catholic Mission must let people know which one is superior between GOD and MONEY Their schools charge students to pay exorbitant school fee but they will pay little salary for their workers. To me l can say they know money than God
you dont know how much is the fees the school in question, stop makin assumptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Babatindan: 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
Segadem:
Is unionbank a bank?
One day I was to use ATM but because I can't withstand the queue in my bank's ATM I just decided to use union bank ATM. lo and behold after inserting my card,the ATM screen displayed PROCESSING more than 48 minutes,of which those who queue and others that came after me cash their money while I stuck alone grin ...and the sad part of what happened was that when the machine finally processed my card ,it says " your card is in operative"
can u imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by umuihe(m): 12:55am On Sep 01, 2015
While I do not believe the story but if it is true, the Catholic Church has internal mechanisms to resolving issues like this. If the staff was wrongly treated, she should petition the Justice, Development & Peace Commission (JDPC) of the closest Parish to her.The JDPC is the human rights group set up and funded by the church to defend the rights of persons both within and outside the church whose rights have been violated. They are also empowered to promote peaceful resolution of complaints and issues within the communities.

I strongly believe that she will get justice if she approaches the JDPC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by spartan07(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
LET US NOT BE HASTY IN OUR CONCLUSIONS
THE STORY IS ENTIRELY ONE SIDED AND A CASE OF SOMEONE BITING THE FINGERS THAT FEED HER.
I AM A PART OF THE PTA OF THE SCHOOL AND AM SURPRISED THAT THIS JUNK TALE IS BEING PUBLISHED BY PM NEWS WITHOUT VERIFICATION.

THERE WAS NEVER AN AGREEMENT WHERE IT WAS STATED THAT THE SAID TEACHER WOULD BE ENTITLED TO ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY IF HER SERVICES WERE TERMINATED

DID SHE TELL THE MEDIA THAT SHE WAS PAID TWO MONTHS FULL SALARY WHEN HER APPOINTMENT WAS TERMINATED?

DID SHE ALSO TELL THE WORLD THAT SHE WAS TOLD TO COME AT A LATER DATE TO COLLECT #50,000 AS A STABILAZATION FUND PENDING WHEN SHE GETS A NEW JOB, DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT WAS NOT STATED AS AT WHEN SHE WAS EMPLOYED

MUST PEOPLE HOPE TO REMAIN EMPLOYED WHEN THEY OFFER LITTLE OR NOTHING TO THE GROWTH OF AN ORGANIZATION.

THE FACT THAT SOMEONE WANTS TO FLUSH OUT REDUNDANT HANDS AND INSIST ON QUALITY EDUCATION, HE IS NOW SEEN AS AN ENEMY.

MAY GOD JUDGE THOSE THAT ARE HELL BENT ON TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF GOD'S ANOUNTED

1 Like

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by kingdejy: 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good morning, happy new month of September to remember for good. This is the concluding path of the story of my friend and then we will make our resolutions whether the main issue of Nigerian youth is unemployment or unemployability. When he told me how he has been writing winning CVs from year three in the university and I looked at my life and I remembered, I started writing my CV after my NYSC and it was even a copied one. How can I attend the same interview with this guy then and it would not dust me.
https:///HvBl0E
Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
spartan07:
LET US NOT BE HASTY IN OUR CONCLUSIONS
THE STORY IS ENTIRELY ONE SIDED AND A CASE OF SOMEONE BITING THE FINGERS THAT FEED HER.
I AM A PART OF THE PTA OF THE SCHOOL AND AM SURPRISED THAT THIS JUNK TALE IS BEING PUBLISHED BY PM NEWS WITHOUT VERIFICATION.

THERE WAS NEVER AN AGREEMENT WHERE IT WAS STATED THAT THE SAID TEACHER WOULD BE ENTITLED TO ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY IF HER SERVICES WERE TERMINATED

DID SHE TELL THE MEDIA THAT SHE WAS PAID TWO MONTHS FULL SALARY WHEN HER APPOINTMENT WAS TERMINATED?

DID SHE ALSO TELL THE WORLD THAT SHE WAS TOLD TO COME AT A LATER DATE TO COLLECT #50,000 AS A STABILAZATION FUND PENDING WHEN SHE GETS A NEW JOB, DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT WAS NOT STATED AS AT WHEN SHE WAS EMPLOYED

MUST PEOPLE HOPE TO REMAIN EMPLOYED WHEN THEY OFFER LITTLE OR NOTHING TO THE GROWTH OF AN ORGANIZATION.

THE FACT THAT SOMEONE WANTS TO FLUSH OUT REDUNDANT HANDS AND INSIST ON QUALITY EDUCATION, HE IS NOW SEEN AS AN ENEMY.

MAY GOD JUDGE THOSE THAT ARE HELL BENT ON TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF GOD'S ANOUNTED
interestin, many have already concluded that the priest is a demon without hearin the other side.
Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by julie89(f): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
That's the country we see ourselves,we all condemn the school but how do u treat your own workers,the dehumanizing attitude everyday
I honestly pray and wish for a day when this country will be much better
Where we will learn to be our brothers keeper and love one another
Some people live in abject penury while others live in affluence
I weep for Nigeria
I hope we change including me especially when the going gets better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

400k Salary, but nothing. / How To Give A Quick, Impromptu Speech Or Toast / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.