Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) (31721 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Woman Sacked By Kaduna Electric Faints After Reading Sack Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by godson99(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
that is way too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by mrvitalis(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
I thought minimum wage was 18k how come she was being paid 10k
Believe me NLC are jokers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pope must hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by olafum1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
Keneking:
ok, very pathetic.

1. Was there any approval for the maternity leave?
2. Was there any approval for an extension of leave?
3. What was the condition of service for her job? This includes severance package, termination clause, pension etc
4. Where is the husband?
5. A salary of N10,000 is broken down as follows;

- Basic Salary : N1,250 per month
- Housing allowance: N2,500 per month
- Transport allowance: N2,500 per month
- Feeding : N2,500 per month
- Pension: N1,500
- PAYE: N1,500

What's ur problem Sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by jazinogold(m): 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
h

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=olafum1 post=37527163][/quote]

What do you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Afritop(m): 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
And if the government lay old of that school, some religious fanatics will be shouting Persecution, Save our soul

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Johnsoneshio(m): 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
Delphi:
This is the type of case NLC should wade into and show their prowess not waiting for increase in the pump price of PMS/AGO as to protest and subsequently be bribed. It's unfortunate that 'mercy and compassion' have travelled out of this country for a long time. Let the PTA lead a campaign that all parents should withdraw their children from the school so that we see who bulges first. Nonsense! Justice must be served accordingly.
Delphi:
This is the type of case NLC should wade into and show their prowess not waiting for increase in the pump price of PMS/AGO as to protest and subsequently be bribed. It's unfortunate that 'mercy and compassion' have travelled out of this country for a long time. Let the PTA lead a campaign that all parents should withdraw their children from the school so that we see who bulges first. Nonsense! Justice must be served accordingly.
[quote author=Delphi post=37526526]This is the type of case NLC should wade into and show their prowess not waiting for increase in the pump price of PMS/AGO as to protest and subsequently be bribed. It's unfortunate that 'mercy and compassion' have travelled out of this country for a long time. Let the PTA lead a campaign that all parents should withdraw their children from the school so that we see who bulges first. Nonsense! Justice must be served accordingly.parents should withdraw their kids and let's see who will laugh last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Dokitadotun: 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Rule or no rule, the case of this woman must be looked into seriously. In the first place rules are made for man and not vice versa. Secondly she informed the school of the complications that came up and the need for more days off. The school can ask for medical report duely signed and stamped from the hospital that she was asked to take more days off duty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Jexyme(f): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Damn! Evil people......

School not even owned by circular Organisation but Church!!!

Jesus Christ is longer in heart or even church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Johnsoneshio(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
parent should strive into action by withdrew ing their kids from the school and let me see whether the school will still function again.The school deserve to be seal for this inhuman treatment. NLC pls come to the woman's aid before another will be sacked without a dime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by admax(m): 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
I was just wondering if all is well with Islamics schools? We've had all manner of bad news on Christians and Churches and none on Muslims and mosques?? Who is allowing the devil to use them??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by bayumyguy: 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
So bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by litetias(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
The poor keep getting poorer.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by dhtml19(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
We need to call the cardinal with immediate effect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
shocked how can a teacher be earning 10,000.00 bikokwanunu? She should wave them 'bye' a better offer will come her way if she's good at it sad sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
This is wickedness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
mrvitalis:
I thought minimum wage was 18k how come she was being paid 10k
Believe me NLC are jokers

Problem is...teachers in private schools are not members of the Nigerian Union of Teachers, the Secondary School teachers union, or even at university level...ASUU.

That's why private schools...not all of them...can get away with paying such low salaries to their teachers.No union to fight for their rights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Ifyjuli25(f): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nawaaa ooo. Say werin happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Ericsdm55(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
This kind of injustice must be addressed as promptly as possible. There will never be peace for the wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by mrvitalis(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Problem is...teachers in private schools are not members of the Nigerian Union of Teachers, the Secondary School teachers union, or even at university level...ASUU.

That's why private schools...not all of them...can get away with paying such low salaries.
But the labour law covers every worker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by ikembaado: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
Sorry about that!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by j1mmy: 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Keneking:
ok, very pathetic.

3. What was the condition of service for her job? This includes severance package, termination clause, pension etc
4. Where is the husband?

- Pension: N1,500 per month
- PAYE: N1,500 per month

I support the decision of the management however, on compassionate grounds, i think she should be re-instated or offered jobs elsewhere by the PTA. There is no need for this uproar as the last government created most of the difficulties we are facing today.

Anyway, is there any account we can contribute peter's pence to support the child undecided

Support the Child? Why is that Nigerians cannot wait to have children without first considering the financial implications and effect on themselves and wider community?

I am not donating any money for people who have children without first creating an environment that will support the kids first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Billygee2u: 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
Catholic priest?I am suspecting something,
maybe they have made love advances to Cynthia before and she rufused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by chichriso: 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
na waooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by IceDude(m): 3:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
londongal03:
Wtf! I need a gun
Lol, can u pull a trigger?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
mrvitalis:

But the labour law covers every worker

Good point.

NUT should press for a law allowing private school teachers to join the union.

But then....we run into issues of funding. Most private schools find it difficult to pay their teachers well because they do not have enough money (Except those schools which charge N100000 and above.).So if govt says that private schools should pay the same salaries that public schools pay....many of them would go out of business.

But this does not excuse poor salaries. (I know a few people who teach in private schools...including one who earns the princely sum of N15000 monthly.She isn't married...so she is 'lucky' I guess....for now.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Abimbola29(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
Corruption don eat NLC finish so!!no need to involve the woman she should just take the matter to a parish priest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Freemanan:
angry
CATHOLIC CHURCH AND THEIR HYPOCRITICAL DEALINGS THO...

WHAT A FARCE...
The actions of one man does not reflect the position of the over 1 billion Catholics in the world. Pls stop making hasty general statements. BTW we haven't heard the other side of the story. Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
same reason many people take into many illegal dealings and corrupt acts to enrich themselves. Cos in Nigeria, no matter how hard you work legally you will still be fired without a pension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Fourwinds: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
Keneking:
ok, very pathetic.

4. Where is the husband?

I support the decision of the management however, on compassionate grounds, i think she should be re-instated or offered jobs elsewhere by the PTA. There is no need for this uproar as the last government created most of the difficulties we are facing today.

Anyway, is there any account we can contribute peter's pence to support the child undecided

what d school managent did., is bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by lastpage: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
Keneking:
ok, very pathetic.

4. Where is the husband?

Catholic School: When our reporter made efforts to contact the
school ’ s director , Rev Ogunyase , he was said to have travelled abroad on vacation leave.

@keneking:
Your questions are irrelevant, baseless and border-line stewpid!

*What has the woman's husband got to do with her predicament, is he the one working in the school?
*Did you not read the story before asking silly questions where it was stated that her Maternity was APPROVED?
*What approval do you need for an "extension of leave" when she has informed management that her delivery was "complicated" (usually a C-Section) and that she needs to bed-rest a little more than usual?
*What manner of "God's institution" pays someone #10,000 monthly, in this day and age? Is that not exploitation?
*What kind of evil Enterprise is this St Peters Catholic School that pays a severance package of 25% of monthly pay, after 10yrs of service
*Is it not "Patent Evil" that this evil "Rev. Father" goes abroad for his own vacation (imagine the cost as per flight ticket, hotel, shopping e.t.c) while a woman who was sick after child delivery gets sacked and paid #2,200 ($12) that cannot even pay for this greedy man's Hamburger at McDonalds?

I tell you, God's judgement will start from the so-called "House of God"!
Our Religious leaders are worse than Satan him/herself!
They use religion to cover-face while fleecing the poor Eediots who pay homage to them like they are some demi-god!

That Rev. Father should be charged to a labour Court for exploitation, wrongful dismissal and general damages and made to pay backlog salaries of a minimum of #50,000 for a duration of Nine years, to this woman.

Just go to the same school and check how much they charge parents as School fees!

Just like father Mathew Kukah, Bishop Oleedepo (Oyedepo), Pastor Ayo "Bling-Bling: Oritshejafor, ....all these Religious criminals are begnining to scare me!

Cant they learn anything good from the likes of father Mbaka?

Lastpage!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Give A Quick, Impromptu Speech Or Toast / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report / How To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.