Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Buhari is about to fail me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari is about to fail me (1397 Views)

5 Categories Of Nigerians That Are Happy Buhari Is Back / Nigeria is too big to fail – Adeosun / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari is about to fail me by mrrights: 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
BUHARI IS ABOUT TO FAIL NIGERIANS
Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

I want to express my disappointment with the manner at which President Muhammad Buhari is about to break one of his first covenants with Nigerians.
On may 29, 2015, the President was sworn-in and today, that makes it 92 days in office. www.mrrights.com.ng

The covenant, which President Buhari made was to declare his assets public within 100days in office. I re-echoed that promise several times to counter many critics of the president, when he was being accused of not publicly declaring his assets in his first few days in office.

It is important to note that, out of all promises made by the President, publicly declaring assets is the most easy to fulfill. The president merely need to give the go ahead to declare them to fulfill that promise.

However, it is so unfortunate that, despite how we defended the president when he first applied to the Code of Conduct, urging members of the public to be patient since 100days is still far away, I am feeling in patient that rather than publicly declare the asset within that 100days, President Muhammadu Buhari’s spokesman is today saying he never made such promise.This is most insincere, ungrateful and embarrassing.

If Buhari cannot fulfill a simple promise of publicly declaring assets,those of us who supported the President need to be at the fore-front in calling the President back to order. This is not the Buhari we supported.

It is important to remind us that, few days to election, President Muhammadu Buhari wrote a letter to all Nigerians seeking votes. He titled that letter, ''MY COVENANT WITH NIGERIANS''.

In his words, ‘’'This Covenant is to outline my agenda for Nigeria and provide a bird’s eye view of how we intend to bring about the change that our country needs and deserves.

''This Covenant is derived from the manifesto of my party, the All Progressives Congress (APC). It however, represents my pledge to you all when I become your President''. Buhari said.

With the above statements, there is no way the president or his assistants can turn around today to say Buhari was not aware of this covenant. It is worrisome that, this is what the Presidential aide, Shehu Garba was insinuating.

In that letter, President Buhari wrote: '' I intend to lead with integrity and honor and commit myself totally to everything that is of concern to our people: security, employment, health, education, good governance and others.’’

If Buhari must lead with integrity and honor, he must quickly correct this negative impression by coming out publicly to take responsibility for his own promises and declare his assets before the expiration of 100days. We would never forgive him should he remain silent in this drama. As a matter of fact, he must publicly declare his assets with the 100days which less than 8days from now.

On corruption and governance in the said covenant, President Buhari had said, ‘’I will Publicly declare my assets and liabilities and encourage my political appointees to also publicly declare their assets and liabilities.

After assuming office, the president submitted his assets declaration form with the Code of Conduct. But because that was not enough as publicly declaring assets, the public ask the president to declare his assets publicly as promised, not just with the code of conduct.

In reaction to public call, Presidential aide, Shehu Garba on June 1st, 2015 in vanguard newspaper explained why the president did not declare his assets publicly.

According to him,’’ President Buhari will make his assets known to Nigerians within the first 100 days of his stay in power in line with his assertions before the election’’.

‘’President Buhari still has 97 days within which to make his assets public as he promised during the campaigns. I think that the president should be given the benefit of the doubt. It is only three days since he came to office’’. Shehu said.

Even barrister Femi Falana added his voice to the issue. On his part, rights crusader, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, opined that “these men just took oath of office two days ago and they declared their assets officially as required by law which stipulates 90 days. Meanwhile, they’ve promised to declare their assets publicly within 100 days. I hope it is better we wait for the 100 days.”
You can read those reports on http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/why-buhari-didnt-make-assets-public-aides/.

What has changed between that period and now? What has gone over Shehu Garba? And what has prevented President Buhari from publicly declaring is as promised?

I must confess sincerely, when the same Shehu Garba, presidential spokesman who urged Nigerians to be patient, since Buhari still has 97 days to fulfill his promise came out in the weekend to say Buhari did not make any promise to declare his assets within 100days in office,I feel so used and rubbished.

This was the same Garba who said‘’ Buhari will make his assets known to Nigerians within the first 100 days of his stay in power in line with his assertions before the election.’’

If it was true that Buhari never promised to publicly declare his assets within 100days as now being claimed, how come Garba made the above assertions those times?

We must hold this government very well,if it would deliver the good governance as promised.

Written by Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
www.mrrights.com.ng

4 Likes

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by christinie(f): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari been deceiving Nigerians since 1985.
Pele!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by asgat1love: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
wu you det tell ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by drss(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
Only people who believed in Buari will be dissapointed. ThankGod I and my family never believed in him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by DickDastardly(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by DFemaleBoss(f): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
Too late.
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mrrights: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
hum
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by OboloMAN: 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
Reminds me of a movie The Lying Liars

4 Likes

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mars123(m): 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari hasn't failed me.
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mrrights: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Someone just called my attention to the date..It is now corrected
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
Op

Say this prayer daily

" Oh God give my tribesmen sense and redeem us from the curse of Afonja. grin"
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by Tkester: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
mars123:
Buhari hasn't failed me.

You are lying!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by hinwazaka: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
mars123:
Buhari hasn't failed me.
Don't worry. He will fail you the day he orders the detention and trial of your Lord from Bourdillion, for treason and terrorism. But by then, it will be too late to cry.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by McKren(m): 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
I always knew he was a con man who perfected the art of using proxies to do his dirty jobs!

1 Like

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mars123(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Tkester:

You are lying!
no i'm not...he hasn't failed, we didn't decide jonathan's failure after 100days even when the political tone of the pdp at that time was share the contracts...Balarabe Musa said this after a hundred days of jonathan '' I have not seen anything that has distinguished him as the nation’s President. This is what Nigerians expect from him. I don’t even see the possibility of his own party_ the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), allowing him to achieve anything'' He continued: “In the first place, the party’s agenda is based on the pursuit of selfish interest of its members. For instance, their policies like commercialization and privatization have led to a lot of scandal that is responsible for the high level of corruption and waste. In this kind of environment, there is nothing that can be achieved. And there is no possibility of the PDP becoming a progressive or revolutionary party. This is what is required to change the situation in the country for the better. It is a frustrating situation for those who are working with him because they can’t achieve anything given this kind of environment''.

The Nigerian political environment has been polluted for so long even before jonathan which added to his perceived failure. Buhari's ministers still wont survive that environment. Buhari is doing a lot to change that so that he might succeed...

so if u want to look at things from a bigger perspective i.e regarding governance for the benefit of the common man in the streets, Buhari hasnt failed us.

1 Like

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by McKren(m): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Is Buhari refusing to declare his assets because he is not sure yet how much he will loot?

1 Like

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
mars123:
Buhari hasn't failed me.

He hasn't failed to pay u ur salary for defending him online.

1 Like

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by Tkester: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
mars123:
no i'm not...he hasn't failed, we didn't decide jonathan's failure after 100days even when the political tone of the pdp at that time was share the contracts...Balarabe Musa said this after a hundred days of jonathan '' I have not seen anything that has distinguished him as the nation’s President. This is what Nigerians expect from him. I don’t even see the possibility of his own party_ the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), allowing him to achieve anything'' He continued: “In the first place, the party’s agenda is based on the pursuit of selfish interest of its members. For instance, their policies like commercialization and privatization have led to a lot of scandal that is responsible for the high level of corruption and waste. In this kind of environment, there is nothing that can be achieved. And there is no possibility of the PDP becoming a progressive or revolutionary party. This is what is required to change the situation in the country for the better. It is a frustrating situation for those who are working with him because they can’t achieve anything given this kind of environment''.

The Nigerian political environment has been polluted for so long even before jonathan which added to his perceived failure. Buhari's ministers still wont survive that environment. Buhari is doing a lot to change that so that he might succeed...

so if u want to look at things from a bigger perspective i.e regarding governance for the benefit of the common man in the streets, Buhari hasnt failed us.

Still lying!

1 Like

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mars123(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Tkester:

Still lying!
you still looking for likes! undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by WailingWailer00(m): 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
What do you expect from a dullard
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mrrights: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hum
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by Tkester: 12:38am On Sep 01, 2015
mars123:
you still looking for likes! undecided

Another lie!
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mars123(m): 12:55am On Sep 01, 2015
Tkester:

Another lie!
many are mad, but few are roaming.
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:15am On Sep 01, 2015
and you wrote all that for who to read? mr man, moona stop all this una complain, when we dey tell una about the illiterate man, una busy dey shout change. enjoy your change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari is about to fail me by jars9: 1:51am On Sep 01, 2015
One chance
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mrrights: 2:01am On Sep 01, 2015
smiley
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by Tkester: 2:27am On Sep 01, 2015
mars123:
many are mad, but few are roaming.

Award wining liar!
Re: Buhari is about to fail me by mrrights: 8:23am On Sep 01, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Neco Pay Your Examiners / CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu / Biafrans Can Secede, It Is Their Right. Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.