Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,588 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala (85367 Views)

History: Arhuanran -the Giant Warrior Prince Of Benin Kingdom / AZIA Yam Festival 2017 In Ihiala Anambra State / Anambra Man Laments Killing Of Pythons [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

undecided.See as your ear stand cheesy

You no even know weda I be python.
You know I like you and I believe u aren't a python. We can talk about love if his afraid
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
bisi16:

And Ebonyi
which part of Ebonyi coz am from EBONYI STATE and their no culture like that
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by CUM4WHAT(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
eaglechild:

You need to work on your writing skills.
dude itwas typo. Fvck u coz i had corected it
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by billyG(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Yibgo kwenu!them no dey carry last 4 anything drugs,rituals,kidnappin no be that kind snake they vomit money?
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=jcccccc post=37562596]I CAN COUNT OVER HUNDRED THREADS THAT THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATE HAVE OPENED ON ANAMBRA, THIS MONTH ALONE AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM.
WHAT DO THEY WANT TO ACHIEVE, TO CAUSE SOME BAD BLOOD AGAINST ANAMBRA COMMUNITIES.
THE QUESTIONS I WANT:
1. IS ANAMBRA RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POVERTY RAVAGING IMO STATE
2. IS ANAMBRA RESPONSIBLE FOR ROCHAS NOT PAYING SALARY IN IMO
3. WHY ARE THEY SO SAD WITH THE SUCCESS AND BEAUTY OF ANAMBRA STATE
4. WHEN WILL IMO STOP HATING THEIR SUCCESSFUL BROTHERS
5. IS THAT HOW IGBOS WILL FORM AND LIVE IN BIAFRA
IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE,, IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE, IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE, IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE,

I CAN COUNT OVER HUNDRED THREADS THAT THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATE HAVE OPENED ON ANAMBRA, THIS MONTH ALONE AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM.
WHAT DO THEY WANT TO ACHIEVE, TO CAUSE SOME BAD BLOOD AGAINST ANAMBRA COMMUNITIES.
THE QUESTIONS I WANT:
IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE,, IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE, IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE, IMO STATE LEAVE ANAMBRA ALONE,

I CAN COUNT OVER HUNDRED THREADS THAT THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATE HAVE OPENED ON ANAMBRA, THIS MONTH ALONE AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM.
THE QUESTIONS I WANT:
[/quote I did business with an imo guy like 3 times and they always wants to scam me eg Samklef Noni I paid 50k to produce song for me but he didn't he's still owning me
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by sweettinz20(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

undecided.See as your ear stand cheesy

You no even know weda I be python.
I know say u no fit be python na y I ask u grin are u up for it

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
grin where i come from the python is meat-the bigger the merrier.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by vikkeee(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Bloody yeebos, if it is another tribe now they will start crying and wailing as if na them holy pass, and na them worse pass
kiffy means fish in hausa.....bloody where ever you come from.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by mightyokwy(m): 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

Okwy e bu nno ezibote ozuuuuuu uuuuuu!!
Did i ask you any question? Anumanu!
Ana akogheri
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by cheruv: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
shaboti:
[sup][/sup] èké is a day in igbo calender different from éké (python).
So nweke is a child born on the èké market day.
Seriously I need to learn those accent markers...am very fluent in writing basic Igbo but I find it hard in the marking of those accents, and it affects my reading of Igbo literati. embarassed

On the flip side cheesy
Èké is the Igbo term for East.. So Nwèké can be also be translated as eastern child.
The Igbo cosmology was predicated on the principle of cardinality which means each day was for a cardinal point and so anything happening that day was dedicated to the spirit controlling that cardinal point
Afo = North
Nkwo = South
Eke = East
Orie = West
So like for example the market in my place is called Ahiaafo,which translated means northern market. In owerri where I live, the market is called Ahia Eke Ukwu Owere meaning the great eastern market of owerri
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by favourlove1: 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Bloody yeebos, if it is another tribe now they will start crying and wailing as if na them holy pass, and na them worse pass
did you escape from rehab? So all the money your parents spent on ur education is a waste? Do you knw what *cultural shock* means? If you went to school think, speak, n act like one who is educated than come here to use abusive words on a tribe. I served in Ogun state I can categorically state that the rate at which rituals are dumped by the road sides is alarming. Enough to make me scream *all yorubas are diabolical* But cuz I learnt that culture is dynamic and as such overlooked it. We should learn to accept people n their culture. One mans meat anothers poison.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by donbenie(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Sorry.
We don't practice such culture in Anambra state.
LIAR,you're either not from Anambra or you don't know it's culture,am a PROUD Anambrarian and THIS is a major part of our CULTURE..
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
mightyokwy:

Ana akogheri

Iso kwa akogheri.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by shaboti: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
cheruv:

Seriously I need to learn those accent markers...am very fluent in writing basic Igbo but I find it hard in the marking of those accents, and it affects my reading of Igbo literati. embarassed

On the flip side cheesy
Èké is the Igbo term for East.. So Nwèké can be also be translated as eastern child.
The Igbo cosmology was predicated on the principle of cardinality which means each day was for a cardinal point and so anything happening that day was dedicated to the spirit controlling that cardinal point
Afo = North
Nkwo = South
Eke = East
Orie = West
So like for example the market in my place is called Ahiaafo,which translated means northern market. In owerri where I live, the market is called Ahia Eke Ukwu Owere meaning the great eastern market of owerri
niiice
Im learning of this cardinal points stuff for the first time. We also have eke awka and nkwo nnewi in anambra.

Oh and tone marking is not hard at all, it was one of the funnest topics we did igbo language then..
could teach you but I dunno how.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by janefrancisca(f): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
GabrielSuswam:
I schooled at ANSU Uli graduated in 2008 Accounting class....Back then we no dey kill eke.. Obodo Okoli and Ubahudara I miss those good days....#Nyben
Yeah..that is true, to the extent it started entering our pots, cupboards, corners and even our rooms too. What we do then is to pour kerosene to chase it away or call an indigene of the place to remove. Though there was this guy den in my lodge, he removes the snake with his bare hands and he is not from uli. Though the snake dey like frequent d guy room die sha.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by wiseoneking: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

They need to destroy your fvking dead jew called jesus and his idols littered across Nigeria. dumbarse slave !
Eeeyah, i dey pain you. Pagan, you see life. Pagan and idol? Osisi apiriapi.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by saintkel(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
jmoore:
Ma na Ideani
R u frim Ideani? Dats my town oooo
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Macgreat(m): 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
I see meat!
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by jmoore(m): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
saintkel:
That's my mother's hometown.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
NigAmbassador:
Such culture is found only in Amambra state. In my igbo community, we murder such evil creatures... #war_mood

You are wrong. All Imo state communities affiliated to Njaba like mgbidi and others do the same. Research bro.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by GabrielSuswam(m): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
janefrancisca:
Yeah..that is true, to the extent it started entering our pots, cupboards, corners and even our rooms too. What we do then is to pour kerosene to chase it away or call an indigene of the place to remove. Though there was this guy den in my lodge, he removes the snake with his bare hands and he is not from uli. Though the snake dey like frequent d guy room die sha.

Lol u know about it all ooooooh........ when did u grad?
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by popizaino(m): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

You sound stupid..
The culture can only be found in ANAMBRA STATE ??
Mention only 2 towns in Anambra state that entertains such culture
idemili,ezinifite
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by AROI: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
PROUDLY IDEMILI

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by oboy3(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
saintkel:
great,am from ide-enu
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by DONOCHAS(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Sorry.
We don't practice such culture in Anambra state.
Then u neva travel, i am frm Anambra, my village de leave pythons 2 roam free bt nw kill at wish
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by saintkel(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
jmoore:
That's my mother's hometown.
wow wot town in ideani
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by per1: 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

[size=38pt]
YOU SERVE A DEAD JEW CALLED jEsus!

NUFF SAID!

YOU SAY YOU ARE POWERFUL?

YET YOU CLING ONTO MOTHER NATURE FOR SUPPORT!

FOR FOOD, SHELTER, TO SURVIVE.

YOU CANNOT RESPECT NATURE? YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE![/size]
Hypocrite! No let me help u I am a fool for Christ. Whose fool are u
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by ezeagu(m): 12:42am On Sep 02, 2015
wiseoneking:
ALL THIS PYTHON THING IS JUST IN LESS THAN 2% COMMUNITIES OF THE WHOLE OF IGBO LAND. IT IS NEITHER IN IMO, ENUGU,ABIA, EBONYI. IT IS JUST IN ANAMBRA AND MAJORLY IN TWO LOCAL GOVT OF IDEMILI AND IHIALA. THEY NEED TO DESTROY THAT FETISH CONVENANT.

Maybe you need to stop worshiping items of torture like the cross first. All the nonsense beke has filled your head with, which of them have made you progress?

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by ezeagu(m): 12:43am On Sep 02, 2015
wacoj:

I schooled in Anambra state and i know that this nonsense culture is VERY pronounced there.
Go to a place like NIBO or NISE in Awka south LGA, they practice same culture.
The funny thing is that they are also scared of going close to eke when they see one.
I once challenged a native of the town to touch it if it doesn't bite.
My fellow students once killed a very giant eke at night and NO shit happened.

I am from Abia state and we kill anything called snake. They are evil.

It's the white people that filled your head with nonsense that harmless creatures are evil.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 02, 2015
missKiffy:

You might end up marrying an igbo dude,so stop it.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by mightyokwy(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Iso kwa akogheri.
Bia mma agam akukwa gi aka nti. Anam apiakwa umuazi utali
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 02, 2015
mightyokwy:
Bia mma agam akukwa gi aka nti. Anam apiakwa umuazi utali
iwe n'ekwu eri k'umu ntakiri! Nna si mu n'aru gbafuo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Gwám Gwàm Gwâm (igbo Riddles) / Alaafin Adeyemi And His New Wife, Chioma (Photo) / LILO OGUN IBILE FUN ITOJU,IWOSAN ATI ASEYORI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.