Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala (85241 Views)

History: Arhuanran -the Giant Warrior Prince Of Benin Kingdom / AZIA Yam Festival 2017 In Ihiala Anambra State / Anambra Man Laments Killing Of Pythons [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by katerine7(f): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
wiseoneking:
ALL THIS PYTHON THING IS JUST IN LESS THAN 2% COMMUNITIES OF THE WHOLE OF IGBO LAND. IT IS NEITHER IN IMO, ENUGU,ABIA, EBONYI. IT IS JUST IN ANAMBRA AND MAJORLY IN TWO LOCAL GOVT OF IDEMILI AND IHIALA. THEY NEED TO DESTROY THAT FETISH CONVENANT.
we don't kill it in Nnewi south

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by HINCO(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
This ppl no like meat ooo
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2015
thebestprice:
very evil culture.. it is practised in my village issekke.. i just hate the *ucking tradition

do u lyk jesus fvcking that prostitute mary magdalene? hav u heard of that story?
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
traditions like tagging a group of people osu and discriminating them cheesy
Nne I'm a full Blooded Anambra dude, I respect tradition(s) but I have my reservations about majority of them. Pythons should either be in the wild/zoo/reserves/parks not worshiped.

and crucifix should be used in furniture ..not stuck on a wall and worshipped

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by katerine7(f): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2015
laserjet:
Abeg! Abeg!! Abeg!!!.....

That's one superstitious sh*t right there. Besides, u go carry one image for Google come post am here....mstchweeeee

what d op wrote is d plain truth,we don't kill it in my own village,try it and face d consequence,I have seen what killing a python in my village can cause,if u kill one be ready to get many as visitors if u do not perform d normal rite

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2015
focus7:
hehehehe, See fear. You self know that if you try come you will confess Jesus because all those demons in you will give room to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Ok, send your address we will come and organise a crusade at your door front and you village in your very street. I just hope you won't run away from town on the day of the crusade.

where i live..we send madmen lyk u to the mental asylum.

crusade in this age? ill just call the police on u savages or better still deal with u dogs my way.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:30am On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

See, if you call me stupid again, I will come down to your level. Don't drag me down to your level, I dey try hold myself.

Madame I blame you.

these ppl are animals dont you know?

You have to come down to their level to deal with them. see how they shut up once I start commenting.

be free to curse their father mothers brothers..everytin and anytin that comes to ur head.

such ppl you should piss on their heads. not reason with them.

You can reason better with Idemilli python than with these animals in human skin.

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by sweettinz20(m): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

I replied a bigot with my experience, I never mocked the yoruba.I only exposed him to the fact that altho there are bad eggs, there are so many igbos who got to where they are through hard work. He should desist from insulting the igbo race.
let call it a truce I understand your point but please don't rubbish a set of people again we are all human beings we are all prone to society changing us it all depends on how we handle the pressure
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2015
sweettinz20:
let call it a truce I understand your point but please don't rubbish a set of people again we are all human beings we are all prone to society changing us it all depends on how we handle the pressure

Please this your advice should be channelled to the first niggar I quoted.I asked him a personal question based on his achievements and not the achievements of other yoruba folks.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by mightyokwy(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2015
thekingsmen:
Its rampant all through Orsu- Oru- Orlu- Isu- Njaba all in imo... so get ur facts right before spewing ignorance
Bro you are right. the culture is same with awoidemili, Orsuihite ukwa, ubulu ihejiofor, ihioma and many more towns in that axis all in Imo state.
Am proudly Ihiala. from Mbosi town. If python enter your home, you pack is with stick and through it away or possibly pure the creepy thing kerosene and it will run into the bush
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by NnamdiN: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

and crucifix should be used in furniture ..not stuck on a wall and worshiped
I've not got any at home cheesy just one or two in my church and we're not lacking furniture but thanks for your recommendation. If ever we lack furniture, we'd convert some of the crucifix to furniture and even christ would understand it was logical. Just as running over a python with a car and tossing the damn thing into the bush for proper decay and soil enrichment is logical or shooting it straight at the head if I find it anywhere near my house/kids/livestock cheesy
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by NovusHomo(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=missKiffy post=37549665]Bloody yeebos, if it is another tribe now they will start crying and wailing as if na them holy pass, and na them worse pass

They should not forget their pythons when they finally decide to move to Israel. grin
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by NickD(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Sorry. We don't practice such culture in Anambra state.
That's a big fat lie..I doubt u know where ur village is.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by simonsteve(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2015
Chai!!! snake snake snake snake everywhere you go...my first time to comment though...lol...i have been observing everyone, reading your funny and shit comments. i no wan mention name sha...but una know una sefs..hahahaahahahah
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by ifeomaekol(f): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2015
Radoillo:

I take it you are not too familiar with the Isu-Njaba axis of Imo State.
dnt mind him, let him go n kill nw-------- n then see d consequences, na today!

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by ifeomaekol(f): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2015
free2ryhme:
what is the meaning of nweke?
child of snake
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by ifeomaekol(f): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
free2ryhme:
what is the meaning of nweke?
child of snake or python. Child of python.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by mightyokwy(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

Is it Oba or Aba, sorry is it along the Onitcha awka road or the Onitcha Imo road?
Bro keep quiet you dn't knw any where. Is Abba in Dunukofia local govt of Anambra state close to Onitsha?. He is talking of Oba junction (Old road) opposite Rojenny Stadium
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by fabulousvera(f): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
Radoillo:

I take it you are not too familiar with the Isu-Njaba axis of Imo State.
. so true. in my place we have similar culture. when u kill it, you bury it like human being. we don't go to farm on eke

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by GodMode: 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
repogirl:
well, I schooled in okija where we saw these snakes a lot.

One time we were outside the school gates, along the road one was lying down and then one of the guys carried it with his bare hand into the school and the snake did nothing. I dont know what he did with the snake though.

Go and read about pythons...

Pythons don't harm humans unless they are provoked... There must be plenty of pythons in that school.

Cos who has time to differentiate between snakes

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by NnamdiN: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
LadyFiona:
OSU caste system has completely faded out from my part of Anambra.
Our ancestors believed they were doing the best for their future generations and should not be condemned.
Sift out and discard those traditions that is not favourable in this present day. It is a gradual process.

Worshiping of Python as is portrayed by some ignorant folks here is fallacious. Nobody worships python but you wouldn't know since probably almost everything you know about your town is culled from the internet.

Being full blooded means that both your parents are from their and you attended primary at most secondary and even university here. But from you write up, it shows you do not even know the direction to your village, I wouldn't call that full blooded.
lol ladyfiona you're being biased o. I understand your love and enthusiasm for igbo/Anambra traditions and I respect that What part of Anambra do you come from that the osu ish has completely faded out? I'd find it very difficult to believe this. Not like I blame or condemn our ancestors. They acted according to their belief and reasoning at that time. But should we still recognize and pass most of these things down in 2015? How do these traditions help us in science? Technological advancements and breakthroughs? Medicine?
Instead of worrying about HIV cure, malaria and ebola vaccines, somebody is worried about a freaking python

And about being full blooded. So far all my bloodlines down to my parents have been Anambra people so I have as much claim as possible to that...Granted I haven't spent much time there, but I was born and bred in aba, went home occasionally, so it doesn't mean I'm blank about my history or traditions and I didn't cull them from the internet lol.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by GodMode: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
Topman0001:
i won't agree with ur opinion, here in ondo state, my former gateman from the east had a quarel with his wife and a python came visiting. He killed the python and ate, beleiving nothing would happen bcuz he's not in his native land. The wife refused to eat from the forbidden meat. In short time an undiagonizable sickness started and the gateman was taken to his village where he passed away. So i won't believe its superstition.

Someone put the snake there... Or your story is rubbish cos you're trying your best to justify the superstitious culture...
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
mightyokwy:

Bro keep quiet you dn't knw any where. Is Abba in Dunukofia local govt of Anambra state close to Onitsha?. He is talking of Oba junction (Old road) opposite Rojenny Stadium

Okwy e bu nno ezibote ozuuuuuu uuuuuu!!
Did i ask you any question? Anumanu!
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
chinmooo!!!!! mama nmoooo!
i will never visit anambra.
see the first snake. grin
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
chinmooo!!!!! mama nmoooo!
i will never visit anambra.
see the first snake. grin
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by basille(m): 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
I LOVE MY CULTURE!

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by fabulousvera(f): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
loomer:
See meat sha
. for this comment its behind u
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by CUM4WHAT(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

See, if you call me stupid again, I will come down to your level. Don't drag me down to your level, I dey try hold myself.
wah level gal? Gosh u neva sieze to amuse me wif ur lil' sense.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by missKiffy(f): 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=NovusHomo post=37555971][/quote]
Abi o grin or when they decide to move to Biafra
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by GodMode: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

Well big you a bigot, a common bigot cannot tell what he has achieved, maybe I can tell you what my father, a man has achieved in his 30+ in lagos as a semi literate.

My father came to Lagos when he was around 25 years, a young man with a vision to succeed. My father started hawking medicine from one hospital to another, from mainland to the island, smelling under hot scorching sun.
My father, saved enough to rent a face me house?

Daddy's girlgringringrin.

My daddy did dis... My daddy did datgringringrin

What have YOU done for yourself
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
GodMode:

Daddy's girlgringringrin.

My daddy did dis... My daddy did datgringringrin

What have YOU done for yourself

By chopping daddys ego cheesy
Na sit down chop I dey tongue
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Topman0001(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
GodMode:

Someone put the snake there... Or your story is rubbish cos you're trying your best to justify the superstitious culture...
look at this boy raising his voice on what he's ignorant about. U have the right to doubt me but that does not mean i lied about my experience. Experience they say is the best teacher, so calm down and learn something new.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood At Okrika Market Yesterday / Alaafin Adeyemi And His New Wife, Chioma (Photo) / The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.