Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG (5230 Views)

Lack Of Electricity Has Helped In Creating Jobs(pics) / After Buhari's Apology, Electricity Has Been Relatively Stable Since 11/03/16 / See What Improved Electricity Has Caused (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by kadree(m): 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali, on Monday said electricity has been stable in the country lately because there has not been any case of gas pipeline vandalism.
Igali spoke with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He recalled that vandalism was the bane of electricity supply during the last administration. He said things improved with the decision of the current administration to double efforts at engaging communities where the pipelines passed through.
This, he said, led to increased gas supplies and improved power supply nationwide currently at 4,600MW.
He said, “The gas is now passing to the gas pipelines and I think that the government has been engaging the communities and the places where these gas infrastructures pass through. “We hope it will be sustained because, like I said, there is a conscious engagement and it’s redouble.
“Redouble means that there was effort and when there was effort and you put additional effort and additional effort, then, it means that you have redoubled your work and that is what is going on. “We saw tremendous vandalism especially before the handover. It has never been so bad.
“But for the past three months, not a single day has had that kind of vandalism. It is our prayer that this will continue.”
Igali explained that apart from President Muhammadu Buhari building on efforts of past government and tasking stakeholders to double efforts, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had been holding almost daily meetings with power distribution companies on ways of improving power supply to consumers.
He dismissed the insinuation that power supply improved because of increased rains.
Igali explained that the hydro power stations in Kainji and Shiroro contribute just about 20 per cent of the entire electricity and no substantial additions come from there.
www.punchng.com/news/why-electricity-has-remained-stable-fg/

3 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by dapsoneh: 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
Seriously, light has really been stable in many part of the country like never before. If it's the handy work of this new gov, kudos to them but pls, it can still get better. Notn stops us from using light 24hrs in a week.

9 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
So what PDP said about APC vandalizing gas pipelines is true angry

No wonder vandalism stopped when APC won

APC a party built on deceit and supported by gullible zombies. grin

GEJ God is vindicating you

Remain blessed the best President Nigeria ever had cool

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by ELTON123(m): 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by SUGARBEE(f): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hmm.. These APC gays were responsible for the instability of power in Jonathan's government

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
Good job by President Buhari so far.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
So what PDP said about APC vandalizing gas pipelines was true angry

So what did the ex government do about it if true.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Flets: 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
Someone needs to really explain how this community engagements as touted by this APC employee has been done

Who headed the engagements at the community levels as we have had no figure head in the power sector?

At what time where these engagements held and what pipeline host communities were involved?

How possible is it that a party of propaganda and media frenzy like APC will engage pipeline host communities and no one knew about it...... and it comfortably skipped the media houses

More than ever, every discerning mind will figure that APC was clearly behind the pipeline vandalism under the previous administration.

APC govt did nothing about it...... they just stopped their acts. By the time Nigerians understand the evil they have in their hands...... it will be too late.

The vandals are still available for the services of the highest bidder.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
Great. Things will keep getting better and better in Jesus name. Thank God for the beautiful wind of change.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by eleko1: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
Thank Jah!No more story of Rats/winch wey dey 'sambotage' light as dey usually tell us b4.God bless PMB///PYO

2 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Imagine more than one hundred cases of vandalism in a month.

According to NERC Chairman, Dr Amadi, the worst happened during the build-up to 2015 election which caused Nigeria to lose more than 2000Mw at a glance.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by vedaxcool(m): 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
Obiagelli:

Madam the stupidity of an average taniod is remarkable and almost suppas the dumbness of a donkey. GEJ used up his entire administration cooking up one lie after another while actively promoting corruption.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by tuniski: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
A veiled attempt at stealing Gej's glory. The deceit can no longer hold. Nigerians can see clearly what apc has come to represent. A scam!!! U condemned a man and his party but, when glaring to all that we have just witnessed 100days of waste and nothing to show, u suddenly begin to deny openly your campaign promises to d point to now, openly want to steal GEJ's glory. The legacies of GEJ will dwarf Buhari!propaganda can get u to Aso Rock but it won't govern neither will body language deliver results!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Mynd44: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Imagine more than one hundred cases of vandalism in a month.

According to NERC Chairman, Dr Amadi, the worst happened during the build-up to 2015 election which caused Nigeria to lose more than 2000Mw at a glance.
This post is one of the major reasons why President Jonathan lost. You claim that people were vandalizing gas pipelines and thereby leaving everyone in darkness right? But what did the government do about such people?
What actions did the government take even with the contracting of billions to local militia groups?

I guess you also want to deny the many idea sharing meetings the Vice President has had with the stake holders in matters of increasing supplies and optimizing distribution.

I guess some people just cant see beyond their darned noses

12 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Young03(m): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
ok
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by kadree(m): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Its too quick to forget d likes of asari, tompolo and gani adams who were heavily contracted to watch over our gas pipelines. D last time I checked , dos guyz were strong pdp supporters. We can comfortably finger dis as case of "a job not well done" Our money don enta one chance.

9 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
Obiagelli:

What is the difference between the Vandals and Bokoharam?

If Bokoharam decides to lay down their arms as the vandals because of political fraternity or religious affinity then we will have peace.

Government is fighting Bokoharam because they are still terrorizing Nigeria.

Buhari never fought Vandalism rather vandals pledged their support and were paid off.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by ugomma2000: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

God bless you a million times.

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by ugomma2000: 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

God bless you a million times.

3 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by atlwireles: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
I said here several times, that APC was behind all the gas pipelines explosion in the Niger delta. angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by dulux07(m): 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Kudos to d new govt. no matter how good u r, u will always ve enemies, GEJ failed, simple. Even if apc wer d one vandalizin d pipeline like some immatured tanoids said, then what wer d functions of d military, opc n militants he awarded d contract to. undecided gej govt, always lookin for who to blame rather than take actions. Thk God they ve bin flushed out.

11 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by ki02020(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hope the situation will be improved upon and not us going back to the old norms

1 Like

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mynd44:

This post is one of the major reasons why President Jonathan lost. You claim that people were vandalizing gas pipelines and thereby leaving everyone in darkness right? But what did the government do about such people?
What actions did the government take even with the contracting of billions to local militia groups?

I guess you also want to deny the many idea sharing meetings the Vice President has had with the stake holders in matters of increasing supplies and optimizing distribution.

I guess some people just cant see beyond their darned noses

Stop being myopic, Jonathan lost to regional supremacy and bigotry.

Why is Bokoharam still fighting after two months Buhari promised to eliminate them?

Gas pipeline Vandalism wasn't fought by Buhari's government rather the perpetrators stopped for whatever reasons they have which I suspect to be political while Bokoharam refuses to give-up the fight hence the war on terrorism continues.

Now tell me why gas pipeline vandalism stopped abruptly?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

With the formation of APC in 2013 came rampant cases of gas pipeline vandalism, which reached it's peak as the 2015 elections approached.
https://www.nairaland.com/1394288/why-someone-vandalize-gas-pipeline
https://www.nairaland.com/1579141/poor-power-supply-lagos-area
https://www.nairaland.com/1959085/power-generation-drops-1000mw-due

Here is what the former minister of power had to say about the menace of gas pipeline vandalism:

" Every two weeks, the gas pipelines are blown up. It takes two weeks to fix them only for them to be blown up again within 24 to 48 hours of fixing"

Immediately APC won the elections, gas pipeline vandalism stopped abruptly.

While gas pipeline vandalism has stopped, the usual crude oil pipeline vandalism has continued. It is well known fact that will vandals may derive immediate financial benefit from vandalism of crude oil pipeline, there is no such benefit when it comes to gas pipeline. Why then were those criminals hell bent on sabotaging our gas pipelines and the power sector?

From this history alone, it is obvious that APC was responsible for all the cases of gas pipeline vandalism we had in the last 2 years.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

What is the difference between the Vandals and Bokoharam?

If Bokoharam decides to lay down their arms as the vandals because of political fraternity or religious affinity then we will have peace.

Government is fighting Bokoharam because they are still terrorizing Nigeria.

Buhari never fought Vandalism rather vandals pledged their support and were paid off.
Or maybe the pipeline protection is no longer in the hands of vandals.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
vedaxcool:

Madam the stupidity of an average taniod is remarkable and almost suppas the dumbness of a donkey.
Please, do not insult the donkeys. At least they know they are bent that's why they let humans ride them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
vedaxcool:

Madam the stupidity of an average taniod is remarkable and almost suppas the dumbness of a donkey. GEJ used up his entire administration cooking up one lie after another while actively promoting corruption.
Was there anything they didn't blame the Apc for? Execpt when they are looting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Mynd44: 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Stop being myopic, Jonathan lost to regional supremacy and bigotry.

Why is Bokoharam still fighting after two months Buhari promised to eliminate them?

Gas pipeline Vandalism wasn't fought by Buhari's government rather the perpetrators stopped for whatever reasons they have which I suspect to be political while Bokoharam refuses to give-up the fight hence the war on terrorism continues.

Now tell me why gas pipeline vandalism stopped abruptly?
So we are still on the crap that GEJ lost due to bigotry? Perhaps you will tell me what exactly GEJ did in the SW that would have made then vote in again.

The question is not how President Buhari fought Vandalism, it is about why did vandalism continue in President Jonathan 's administration without the government able to do anything about it. You are insinuating that the APC were behind the vandalism but why were the government not able to arrest and charge these people to court? No conviction. Just excuses of vandalism week in week out. Is it because the administration was incompetent? God forbid cos your "Hero" was not.

I guess when Vice President Osinbajo held meetings with power sector stake holders up all were sleeping and closing your eyes and ears right?
Or when the president designated the military to be the ones protecting these pipelines, you were not in the know.

Denial is your game, keep at it

10 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by criminalmindz: 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Premium Times News
President Buhari betrayed me; only a media protest can save us---Rotimi Amaechi

Following the recent appointments by President Buhari, the former governor of Rivers State Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi was in Port-Harcourt on Saturday for a crucial meeting with the Rivers APC caucus, to chart a way forward for the members of the party. Mr. Amaechi, while lamenting said " I called you here, to brief you on the happenings in the party. Dakuku can confirm some of the things I will share with you. First, I thank you all for your support especially at this trying times. You all know the level of financial support and invaluable time I put, in ensuring that President Buhari wins both the party primary and the presidential election. All that was done because of what the President promised me. The President promised me the position of the secretary to government of the federation (SGF) in the presence of his wife, the day they came to ask for my support, in preparation to the party primaries. And based on the president's promise, I withdrew my support for Kwankwaso. And today Kwankwaso sees me as his enemy. Dakuku can confirm that. I don't know what I did to Tinubu. I have begged him both in private and before other party members. Yet, he has decided to hunt me down. What you see playing out today in our party, is not regional politics, but politics of the different parties and groups that make up the APC. Tinubu is seriously accusing me of being behind what played out in the National Assembly. The dummy he sold to the President, was that the PDP group in the APC have taken the Senate President and Speaker House of Representatives. And the President has bought Tinubu's dummy, and he is angry with the PDP group in the APC. The President believes, that I have polarised the APC along party lines, and therefore he ( Buhari ) will also make his appointments along his party the CPC. Now, the only option we have is to recruit the media, to paint the President in bad light, as regards his lopsided appointments. We believe when we hit him from different angles he will balance his appointments. We have already involved Arewa youths and some other groups and individuals. Some will be on TV to highlight this injustice meted against us by President Buhari. I feel deeply betrayed by the President's action. I'm still learning people. "

1 Like

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by MizMyColi(f): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
“We saw tremendous vandalism especially [size=14pt]before[/size] the handover. It has never been so bad."

The emboldened sums it all up.
They can deny it all they want, like they have been doing lately...
But it's clearer to the discerning mind now.

4 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Obiagelli:

Or maybe the pipeline protection is no longer in the hands of vandals.

Gas pipelines are different from petroleum products pipelines.

Gas pipelines vandals gain nothing except payment from their sponsors while,

Crude Oil products Vandals make millions selling their stolen products.

Your logic is not applicable.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Mynd44: 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

With the formation of APC in 2013 came rampant cases of gas pipeline vandalism, which reached it's peak as the 2015 elections approached.
https://www.nairaland.com/1394288/why-someone-vandalize-gas-pipeline
https://www.nairaland.com/1579141/poor-power-supply-lagos-area
https://www.nairaland.com/1959085/power-generation-drops-1000mw-due

Here is what the former minister of power had to say about the menace of gas pipeline vandalism:

" Every two weeks, the gas pipelines are blown up. It takes two weeks to fix them only for them to be blown up again within 24 to 48 hours of fixing"

Immediately APC won the elections, gas pipeline vandalism stopped abruptly.

While gas pipeline vandalism has stopped, the usual crude oil pipeline vandalism has continued. It is well known fact that will vandals may derive immediate financial benefit from vandalism of crude oil pipeline, there is no such benefit when it comes to gas pipeline. Why then were those criminals hell bent on sabotaging our gas pipelines and the power sector?

From this history alone, it is obvious that APC was responsible for all the cases of gas pipeline vandalism we had in the last 2 years.
Do for almost 3 years 2013-2015, the APC was vandalizing the pipelines right?

What was done about it? So you mean almost 2.5 years was not enough for the FG to stop/reduce the actions of vandals? Are you calling President Jonathan's administration incompetent?
Are you saying they were clueless as to how to deal with vandals?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asiwaju Tinubu Look Super Dapper In This Picture / Voters Apathy In South South And South East Why? / Gov Uzodinma Escapes As Convoy Comes Under Heavy Attack Shooting By UGM- -video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.