Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG (5233 Views)

Lack Of Electricity Has Helped In Creating Jobs(pics) / After Buhari's Apology, Electricity Has Been Relatively Stable Since 11/03/16 / See What Improved Electricity Has Caused (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by chudionu58(f): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mynd44:

Lmaooo. The current administration promised that this year, generation will hit 5,000mw. This is still August, September in an hour. They just need 300mw to hit this year's target.

They promised to add 5,000 next year, why not allow then focus on fulfilling this year and then they work in next year.
Obviously, the way to fulfilling this year's target is to ensure that the plants get the gas needed.
You have no shame whatsoever! Thought Jonathan was absolutely corrupt and never did anything than steal the treasury blind! From where are you expecting the 300mw? to achieve your target...

I challenge you to name the power plants that will give us 5000mw next year or shut up permanently.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mynd44:

Lmaooo. The current administration promised that this year, generation will hit 5,000mw. This is still August, September in an hour. They just need 300mw to hit this year's target.

They promised to add 5,000 next year, why not allow then focus on fulfilling this year and then they work in next year.
Obviously, the way to fulfilling this year's target is to ensure that the plants get the gas needed.
Before you start counting your phantom achievements, tell us the plan or roadmap for the sector? The last we heard from the govt was that studies that will determine the plan for the sector are "underway". So has the studies been completed? What is the plan and what milestones should we expect?
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by basilo101: 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
Buharist are silly, did'nt u all see GEJ starting and completing power plants? do u think power is generated by magic or wat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mynd44:

So we are still on the crap that GEJ lost due to bigotry? Perhaps you will tell me what exactly GEJ did in the SW that would have made then vote in again.

The question is not how President Buhari fought Vandalism, it is about why did vandalism continue in President Jonathan 's administration without the government able to do anything about it. You are insinuating that the APC were behind the vandalism but why were the government not able to arrest and charge these people to court? No conviction. Just excuses of vandalism week in week out. Is it because the administration was incompetent? God forbid cos your "Hero" was not.

I guess when Vice President Osinbajo held meetings with power sector stake holders up all were sleeping and closing your eyes and ears right?
Or when the president designated the military to be the ones protecting these pipelines, you were not in the know.

Denial is your game, keep at it

what did GEJ do in the SE that made dem vote for him again
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 01, 2015
dulux07:
Kudos to d new govt. no matter how good u r, u will always ve enemies, GEJ failed, simple. Even if apc wer d one vandalizin d pipeline like some immatured tanoids said, then what wer d functions of d military, opc n militants he awarded d contract to. undecided gej govt, always lookin for who to blame rather than take actions. Thk God they ve bin flushed out.

Please do u know what pipeline vandalization is
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 01, 2015
Mynd44:

Do for almost 3 years 2013-2015, the APC was vandalizing the pipelines right?

What was done about it? So you mean almost 2.5 years was not enough for the FG to stop/reduce the actions of vandals? Are you calling President Jonathan's administration incompetent?
Are you saying they were clueless as to how to deal with vandals?

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by chudionu58(f): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2015
Tonitelli:

bros...did you read the part in the report where the secretary said the government has redoubled the conscious level of engagement where these gas pipelines pass tru?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/shell-declares-force-majeure-on-bonny-light-exports/218723/

and the above link posted by the guy above me just goes on to give credence to my belief that them vandals dont know the difference...and as u will see from there, gas pipelines are still being affected..
the pipelines mentioned there are still the same mentioned by the former minister in that earlier report..

Please they know the difference joor! do you think those guys are dunce?? it's a well known fact that nobody steals gas, yet they break ELPS every two weeks since 2013 only to stop immediately after 29/5...

Please note that what Igali said about redoubling was just to please the government of the day otherwise if the "redoubling of efforts" have been soo effective, why then did shell declare a force majeur?.

it is damn obvious that blowing up of gas pipelines was was political sabotage which worked!... but it's a shame you guys bluntly refused to acknowledge GEJs effort in the power sector only to shamelessly start talking of increased megawatts and I ask...."from which power plants"!!!
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 01, 2015
basilo101:
Buharist are silly, did'nt u all see GEJ starting and completing power plants? do u think power is generated by magic or wat?

Body odour...... Nothing makes things work faster.. thank me later.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by rusher14: 12:22am On Sep 01, 2015
I sort of think I would prefer a government that provides for me rather than one that promises to provide for me.

I mean how can I celebrate a leader whose very leadership acumen was challenged on fronts.

The only period throughout his rule that showed anything close to the present state, was in 2012, and Barth Nnaji was made to resign.

Let's even go by the excuse given at the time - conflict of interest. Na grammar I go chop?

There's power short and simple. At least we aren't bickering over the improvement.

Why should I cry over a leader that couldn't overcome the opposition?

Those signs of weakness are the exact reason he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Certainly why he should have been shown the door.

The issue of sabotage at the time or even the present diplomacy being trumpeted begs the question - does the end justify the means?

If so, perhaps the voting citizenry was right in its decision.

2 Likes

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Tonitelli: 12:25am On Sep 01, 2015
chudionu58:
Please they know the difference joor! do you think those guys are dunce?? it's a well known fact that nobody steals gas, yet they break ELPS every two weeks since 2013 only to stop immediately after 29/5...

Please note that what Igali said about redoubling was just to please the government of the day otherwise if the "redoubling of efforts" have been soo effective, why then did shell declare a force majeur?.

it is damn obvious that blowing up of gas pipelines was was political sabotage which worked!... but it's a shame you guys bluntly refused to acknowledge GEJs effort in the power sector only to shamelessly start talking of increased megawatts and I ask...."from which power plants"!!!

but bros..na u post article now...and its there that the shell"s EGGC was vandalised cos the vandals tot it was carrying crude..and u are insisting they know the difference..
and brother, its an indictment on GEJ'S govt to have people blowing up pipelines for two years and not be able to do anything abt it..haba!catch one person naa!!even the ones they say they caught, nothing was heard abt the opposition...this is conspiracy theory we still delving in here o..

1 Like

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by dulux07(m): 2:20am On Sep 01, 2015
chuna1985:

I dont know undecided
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by EMANY01(m): 2:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Flets:
Someone needs to really explain how this community engagements as touted by this APC employee has been done

Who headed the engagements at the community levels as we have had no figure head in the power sector?

At what time where these engagements held and what pipeline host communities were involved?

How possible is it that a party of propaganda and media frenzy like APC will engage pipeline host communities and no one knew about it...... and it comfortably skipped the media houses

More than ever, every discerning mind will figure that APC was clearly behind the pipeline vandalism under the previous administration.

APC govt did nothing about it...... they just stopped their acts. By the time Nigerians understand the evil they have in their hands...... it will be too late.

The vandals are still available for the services of the highest bidder .

This post right there specifically the post in Red was why in their RARE MOMENT OF WISDOM buhari and his shadowy advisers settled on somebody as close to the south south as possible to head NNPC. It still does not get them in the clear various entities within the South South are watching and waiting for the full complements of appointments to be made and for the ministerial list to be unveiled and the nominees installed that will officially make the take off of this administration.
That last line in red will hunt the APC badly.I envision that as more and more electricity generation and transmission assets come on stream as a result of the plans and executions within the last five years,Nigerians will get so used to the near 24 hour availability power failure as of old would seem like a distant memory or some bad dream that point is when the vandals for hire will be commisioned .
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by rebranded(m): 2:50am On Sep 01, 2015
PDP is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.

But regarding this power issue..i have said it before and it is clearly the work of opposition sabotaging GEJ's efforts back then.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by EMANY01(m): 4:12am On Sep 01, 2015
chudionu58:
You have no shame whatsoever! Thought Jonathan was absolutely corrupt and never did anything than steal the treasury blind! From where are you expecting the 300mw? to achieve your target...

I challenge you to name the power plants that will give us 5000mw next year or shut up permanently.

Bro he is correct in only one thing that power generation will go up to 5000 Mega Watts by the end of the year.That is the ONLY truth that his post contains.There is as we speak/chat, an Electricity generation capacity of 9000+ Mega Watts which can't come on stream because three major reasons:
[a]Existing power stations with all functioning generators being short of gas because of the gas pipeline vandals
[b] Newly completed power stations that do not yet have their gas lines completed and where they do problem [a] emerges
[C] Most of the new power stations can (could) barely evacuate more than a fraction of the power they generate.

It has taken most of the last two years to solve these problems

As the vandals for hire or i should say their Paymasters achieved their political victory on May 29th 2015 , Pipeline vandalism stopped instantaneously

1 Like

Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by CCsurplus007(m): 4:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

With the formation of APC in 2013 came rampant cases of gas pipeline vandalism, which reached it's peak as the 2015 elections approached.
https://www.nairaland.com/1394288/why-someone-vandalize-gas-pipeline
https://www.nairaland.com/1579141/poor-power-supply-lagos-area
https://www.nairaland.com/1959085/power-generation-drops-1000mw-due

Here is what the former minister of power had to say about the menace of gas pipeline vandalism:

" Every two weeks, the gas pipelines are blown up. It takes two weeks to fix them only for them to be blown up again within 24 to 48 hours of fixing"

Immediately APC won the elections, gas pipeline vandalism stopped abruptly.

While gas pipeline vandalism has stopped, the usual crude oil pipeline vandalism has continued. It is well known fact that will vandals may derive immediate financial benefit from vandalism of crude oil pipeline, there is no such benefit when it comes to gas pipeline. Why then were those criminals hell bent on sabotaging our gas pipelines and the power sector?

From this history alone, it is obvious that APC was responsible for all the cases of gas pipeline vandalism we had in the last 2 years.
God bless you.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 01, 2015
rusher14:
I sort of think I would prefer a government that provides for me rather than one that promises to provide for me.

I mean how can I celebrate a leader whose very leadership acumen was challenged on fronts.

The only period throughout his rule that showed anything close to the present state, was in 2012, and Barth Nnaji was made to resign.

Let's even go by the excuse given at the time - conflict of interest. Na grammar I go chop?

There's power short and simple. At least we aren't bickering over the improvement.

Why should I cry over a leader that couldn't overcome the opposition?

Those signs of weakness are the exact reason he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Certainly why he should have been shown the door.

The issue of sabotage at the time or even the present diplomacy being trumpeted begs the question - does the end justify the means?

If so, perhaps the voting citizenry was right in its decision.
So if PDP uses the same method to fight APC at the detriment of power supply to you and I, it will be okay by you? Remember it does not take rocket science to do that, all that is needed is funds and enough middle men to get the job done. And there's nothing the Buhari govt can do about it except give you and I excuses
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by rusher14: 6:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

So if PDP uses the same method to fight APC at the detriment of power supply to you and I, it will be okay by you? Remember it does not take rocket science to do that, all that is needed is funds and enough middle men to get the job done. And there's nothing the Buhari govt can do about it except give you and I excuses

There would always be detractors, even now there are lots of opposition to the present government.

The minute you begin to give excuses without action, such as bringing to justice those who play dirty, those who destroy lives and property, then one can conclude you are beginning to draft your handover.

Jonathan's government was as incompetent as can be.

Making excuses for their failure is not something I'm willing to do.

There's no evidence of the opposition being responsible for the past government's failure, heck they never even bothered to present such if any.

RIP to the last government and support the new, if indeed, the betterment of the nation is what you wish.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by idu1(m): 8:15am On Sep 01, 2015
Where is barcanista?
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by blaqoracle: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
So what PDP said about APC vandalizing gas pipelines is true angry

No wonder vandalism stopped when APC won

APC a party built on deceit and supported by gullible zombies. grin

GEJ God is vindicating you

Remain blessed the best President Nigeria ever had cool
no, it was Jonathan that was vandalizing the gas pipes, as you can see.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by juman(m): 8:33am On Sep 01, 2015
Other means of power generation different from gas should be considered.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 01, 2015
dulux07:
I dont know undecided
Nice, Den u keep mute.
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by dulux07(m): 10:56am On Sep 01, 2015
chuna1985:

Nice, Den u keep mute.
Learn 2use ur brain often, if u r dat dull, its not a must 4u 2 comment, always ask an elder for advice b4 u comment.olodo
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by chudionu58(f): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2015
Thank God the shameless propagandist has permanently kept quiet!
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by iamrealdeji(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
Electricity has remained stable where? Electricity was only stable about a month ago,its no more stable o,electricity failure is all over Kwara state now,electricity is far from stable in Ilorin
Re: Why Electricity Has Remained Stable – FG by 7lives: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

With the formation of APC in 2013 came rampant cases of gas pipeline vandalism, which reached it's peak as the 2015 elections approached.
https://www.nairaland.com/1394288/why-someone-vandalize-gas-pipeline
https://www.nairaland.com/1579141/poor-power-supply-lagos-area
https://www.nairaland.com/1959085/power-generation-drops-1000mw-due

Here is what the former minister of power had to say about the menace of gas pipeline vandalism:

" Every two weeks, the gas pipelines are blown up. It takes two weeks to fix them only for them to be blown up again within 24 to 48 hours of fixing"

Immediately APC won the elections, gas pipeline vandalism stopped abruptly.

While gas pipeline vandalism has stopped, the usual crude oil pipeline vandalism has continued. It is well known fact that will vandals may derive immediate financial benefit from vandalism of crude oil pipeline, there is no such benefit when it comes to gas pipeline. Why then were those criminals hell bent on sabotaging our gas pipelines and the power sector?

From this history alone, it is obvious that APC was responsible for all the cases of gas pipeline vandalism we had in the last 2 years.

From the figment of your imagination or for real? even the Bible said it that we shall know the truth and it shall set us free.
Ask frog eyed Dezani, she will tell you what went down.
https://www.nairaland.com/2507075/blow-up-pipelines-repair-contracts#36678018.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation / Linda Ikeji Response To Wizkid / This Chicken Lived For Two Years Without A Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.