Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda (1251 Views)

Photos Of Osinbajo With President Kagame Of Rwanda & Wife At His Inauguration / We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce / #Dasukigate: Church Members Boo Falae - PerSecondNews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
On Tuesday, August 25, a Rwandan pastor, Salim
Mikdad, conducted what is arguably the largest
conversion of Christians to Islam after he
successfully got all 480 members of his congregation
to switch faiths, Africa Metro reports.

One of the church members revealed that they all
turned up for a church service only to be forced to
convert to Islam by their pastor. Mikdad also got the
church converted into a mosque during the
conversion ceremony. It is reported that an Islamic
cleric had preached to Pastor Mikdad and succeeded
in converting him to Islam.

According to Africa Metro, Rwanda is a
predominantly Christian country but of late, has seen
a gradual rise in its Muslim population. About 56.9%
of Rwandans are Roman Catholic, 26% are
Protestant, 11.1% are Seventh day Adventist and only
4.6% are Muslim, most of them being Sunni.
Islam started growing in Rwanda after the country's
1994 genocide as both Catholic and Protestant
churches helped to make the killing of about 800,000
people possible by giving moral sanction to the
murders.

Churches have longed played ethnic politics
themselves, favouring the Tutsi during the colonial
period then switching allegiance to the Hutu after
1959, sending a message that ethnic discrimination
was consistent with church teaching.

Source:http://www.lindaikeji..de/2015/08/photos-rwandan-pastor-forces-all.html?m=1
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by ishadfurnitures: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Good for them

1 Like

Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by greatfoly(m): 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
Congratulations to them
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
Praise be to Allah the creator of everybody and everything

3 Likes

Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by BishopMagic: 10:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
Very good.

Muslims should take a cue from this.

If it was just one Muslim man or woman, he or she would have been declared an apostate and summarily sentenced to death.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by BishopMagic: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Binb:
Praise be to Allah the creator of everybody and everything

Your Allah is the stone perch of shaitan
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by Glowstone(m): 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
scam ,
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by DaBullIT(m): 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Duress

sad
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by bugzbunny: 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
That's nt d whole story
A bomb is invovled somwer

1 Like

Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
Time is short. When are you going to give your life to Jesus?

Please, say this little prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I acknowledge you as my Lord and personal Saviour and that you died for my sins. Please, Lord, forgive me of all my iniquities and write my name in your Book of life. From today, I accept you as my Lord and denounce any relationship with Satan and his agents. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. In Jesus name I prayed."

Now if you said this prayer, you are born again and you know what, there is rejoicing in Heaven right now for your sake.
Next step, find a Bible believing Church around you (RCCG, Deeper Life, TREM, MFM, Christ Apostolic church, ECWA) and become baptised by IMMERSION. You life is already anew.
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 01, 2015
@Xetima, what do you mean by "bible believing church"? and which of the bible versions are we talking about anyway, is it the protestant version that has 63 books or the Roman catholic version that has 73 books!
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 27, 2018
Ma shaa Allah
Re: Amazing! Pastor And 480 Church Members Convert To Islam In Rwanda by akpanbaba: 12:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
Is this news?.Force is another word for Islam

(1) (Reply)

Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud / Are APC Ungrateful To Southeast And Their Fans? / NASS Could Scrap CCT or Amend Extant Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.