Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan (629 Views)

What I Discussed With President Buhari – Gowon / VIDEO What I Discussed With Buhari – Jonathan / What I Discussed With Minister James Ocholi Before Deadly Car Crash – Dino Melay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by dunsman(f): 1:39am On Sep 01, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has said that he warned President Muhammadu Buhari not to subject his person and his former cabinet members to media trials but rather allow the law take its course. According to Nation Newspaper, dated August 31, 2015, the former President few days ago met with with some members of his cabinet in a bid to defend his integrity during his Six-year rule revealing to them what he discussed with Buhari during his 20-minute August 6 visit. Jonathan had paid a visit to Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. The meeting was held inside the President’s official residence. That was the first time Jonathan would be visiting the Presidential Villa since he left on the morning of May 29 for the Eagles Square where Buhari took his oath of office and allegiance as his (Jonathan’s) successor. Buhari’s administration had been investigating some activities of Jonathan’s administration with government officials, claiming that the past administration was characterised by impunity and large scale corruption. Some former aides of the ex-President such as his National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki (his Chief Security Officer, Gordon Obuah; and the former Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Patrick Akpobolokemi, among others have either been arrested, detained or investigated. On May 27, less than 48 hours to the end of his tenure, Jonathan had advised Buhari not to single out his administration in any probe. A source was quoted as saying “The ex-President confided in the meeting that he was worried that the gains of his administration were being washed away daily by the allegations of corruption being reeled out by the government. “He said he called the session to set the records straight and get facts because his administration was not enjoying any benefit of doubt among Nigerians, especially the media. “At a point, Jonathan, in an emotional manner told the meeting that ‘I am not a thief in office as being portrayed.” Another source said the former President asked all the ex-ministers to “brace for the probe ahead and keep their records intact to reply Buhari’s administration on issues being raised. “The ex-ministers unanimously agreed that there were better sides of Jonathan’s administration than being painted as tenure of graft. “The key ministries, such as Works, Finance, Health, Aviation, Education and even Petroleum Resources were mandated to produce lists of achievements. “Some of the ex-ministers lamented that the Permanent Secretaries proving to Buhari as holier-than-thou were part of the Jonathan administration and they even made input into the handover notes.” Responding to a question, the source said: “Jonathan and the ex- ministers admitted that the administration might have some issues to clear in the management of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources. “But they said the situation was not as bad in the oil sector as being alleged.” A third source said: “I think we should expect some fireworks in the next few days. The meeting resolved to reach out to the public in the same equal weight the allegations of corruption will be released by the Buhari administration. “But there was a word of caution that any response must not be abusive. The President personally appointed a former Minister of National Planning, Dr. Abubakar Suleiman, to sign any statement on cabinet issues. It was learnt that some of the ex-Ministers asked Jonathan what he actually discussed with Buhari. “The President said he raised two issues with President Buhari within 20 minutes. This border on the need to avoid media trial on any allegation of corruption being looked into. He said he told Buhari that his image and members of his cabinet were being dragged in the mud. He said even in law, an accused person is deemed innocent until proven guilty. “Jonathan also said he asked Buhari to leave the Election Petition Tribunals in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states to do their work instead of the hounding of some INEC officials and politicians by DSS.” www.post-nigeria.com/what-i-discussed-with-buhari-jonathan/
cc lalasticala, ishilove happy new month!!
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by dunsman(f): 1:40am On Sep 01, 2015
happy new month
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by prof17(m): 1:56am On Sep 01, 2015
Wishing all members of this house happy new month ! God will surely protect us in this ember month. APC we are waiting for the change!
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by oismail(m): 2:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by kesprime(m): 3:02am On Sep 01, 2015
Firstly he should NOT be "warning" PMB.... secondly he should accept his fate together with that of he's ex >> Diezani madueke... September 2 rememba...HNM
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by Tkester: 3:03am On Sep 01, 2015
This man GEJ will forever remain a hero,
God bless you sir, the mumu buhari will remain deluded and disillusioned, blaming you for his OWN failures.

Pathetic!

Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 01, 2015
The noise was getting too much.
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 01, 2015
Oga jona, u can not cajole Nigerians anymore, we don open eyes we don't just blindly believe what we see on paper any more, the timing of ur visitation shows u were afraid of been probed.. as simple as ABC you go beg buhari. kingsolex knows za truth...
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari --- Jonathan by Vicadonis(m): 3:16am On Sep 01, 2015
OK... But Buhari will still probe you

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio, Udom And The DSS Invasion Of AKSG House / Benjamin Netanyahu Israel Prime Building 30km Fence To Keep Syrian Refugees Out / Bed Bugs Fumigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.