Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,604 members, 7,955,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An (5042 Views)

Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Boko Haram Displays Arms Captured After Attacking Yobe Town - Terror Monitor / Happening Now! Giedam Town Yobe Is Currently Under Attack By Bokoharam- Channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by okuya: 4:06am On Sep 01, 2015
Shocking: Cut-off point into Federal Unity Colleges for Yobe is 2, Taraba, 3, Anambra, 139 (See full list)
Posted By TheScoop on June 8, 2013
Ruqqayatu

by Dare Lawal

The trend which is a permanent fixture in Nigeria, in which Northern states are allotted very low cut-off marks for entrance into Federal Unity Colleges, while those in the South are allotted higher cut-off marks is still in place and continues
This is a 2013 report as the Federal Ministry of Education’s documents on the cut-off marks for the various states reveals.

Whereas, a pupil from Anambra irrespective of gender is expected to score at least 139 to gain admission into the schools, a male pupil from Yobe and a female from Zamfara is required to score only 2.

Students who score above the cut-off are automatically eligible for admission on merit.

The Education ministry advised parents to check the results of their wards which have been posted on notice board of all Unity Colleges throughout the Federation.

Below is the full list of the cut-off marks for all 36 states of the federation, as well as the FCT.

Abia – Male(130) Female(130)
Adamawa – Male(62) Female(62)
Akwa-Ibom – Male(123) Female(123)
Anambra – Male(139) Female(139)
Bauchi – Male(35) Female(35)
Bayelsa – Male(72) Female(72)
Benue – Male(111) Female(111)
Borno – Male(45) Female(45)
Cross-Rivers – Male(97) Female(97)
Delta – Male(131) Female(131)
Ebonyi – Male(112) Female(112)
Edo – Male(127) Female(127)
Ekiti – Male(119) Female(119)
Enugu – Male(134) Female(134)
Gombe – Male(58) Female(58)
Imo – Male(138) Female(138)
Jigawa – Male(44) Female(44)
Kaduna – Male(91) Female (91)
Kano – Male(67) Female(67)
Kastina – Male(60) Female(60)
Kebbi – Male(9) Female(20)
Kogi – Male(119) Female(119)
Kwara – Male(123) Female(123)
Lagos – Male(133) Female(133)
Nassarawa – Male(58) Female(58)
Niger – Male(93) Female(93)
Ogun – Male(131) Female(131)
Ondo – Male(126) Female(126)
Osun – Male(127) Female(127)
Oyo – Male(127) Female(127)
Plateau – Male(97) Female(97)
Rivers – Male(118) Female(118)
Sokoto – Male(9) Female(13)
Taraba – Male(3) Female(11)
Yobe – Male(2) Female(27)
Zamfara – Male(4) Female(2)
FCT Abuja – Male(90) Female(90)
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by CUM4WHAT(m): 4:10am On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by PassingShot(m): 4:13am On Sep 01, 2015
This cannot be. Source?

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by DFemaleBoss(f): 4:15am On Sep 01, 2015
Nigeria is just messed up, big time!

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by StOla: 4:16am On Sep 01, 2015
Very possible.

It is a government subsidized unity school system, not a merit based system.

Let Anambra fill up its allotted quota with 139, while Yobe fills up its own allotted quota too with 2. No state will deprive the other of its own quota.

Very fair and just where merit is not the primary consideration but the intended unity for which such schools were established.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Utchgirl(f): 4:46am On Sep 01, 2015
All tins being equal,they hv dia reason 4 doing it dis way.

Those ab00kis r nt interested in Education so they hv 2 make it cheap and easy 4 dem. On d oda hand, Anambrarians dnt play wit dia Education dis days . They hv taken d mantle 4rm Imo state in d South east zone.

Anambra state !

Light of d nation !

Let d light ctnue 2 shine !

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by jamace(m): 5:05am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:
This cannot be. Source?
Very true, bros.
Check here: https://www.nairaland.com/2043886/cut-off-points-admission-into
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by skelewu404(m): 5:39am On Sep 01, 2015
if making the cut off mark to be zero will make them to stop joining BH am with the govt on this
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by OlujobaSamuel: 6:47am On Sep 01, 2015
it's better than setting a very high standard which they won't meet, hence, constituting social nuisance and insecurity to we the educated. imagine what would have been the case with boko haram if the northerners don't go to sch at al. They needs to be forced, enticed, wooed and every other mean available just to put them in school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by otukpo(f): 6:57am On Sep 01, 2015
This is ridiculous.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by meccuno: 7:18am On Sep 01, 2015
StOla:
Very possible.

Let Anambra fill up its allotted quota with 139, while Yobe fills up its own allotted quota too with 2. No state will deprive the other of its own quota.

Very fair and just where merit is not the primary consideration but the intended unity for which such schools were established.
I think you are very dum.b for this statement.......and that's me being polite.....why don't you make your child become an indegene of yobe state to make it easy for u? And you claim to be educated but you make statements that show how low your I.Q is and your ways of reasoning must you justify stvpidity because you are an idio.tic bigot?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Lanretoye(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2015
So tasteless because its without sauce,Op you can have it all.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by meccuno: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
it's better than setting a very high standard which they won't meet, hence, constituting social nuisance and insecurity to we the educated. imagine what would have been the case with boko haram if the northerners don't go to sch at al. They needs to be forced, enticed, wooed and every other mean available just to put them in school.
its not better in any way. Nigeria's educational system is not up there and the best thing to do is worsen it? This country is in a mess because of the leadership of the North and the country won't get better when you throw merit through the window just to appease a group of people who do not value education? One reason the North made Noise from the beginning of GEJs tenure was because if things were done right, it won't favour them.........okay let's check the history of leadership........Nnamdi azikiwe had a PHD while tafawa balewa was an ordinary school teacher......when Awolowo who was extremely qualified contested, another school teacher was brought to head the government with someone who was more qualified than he was Dr alex ekwueme.......fast forward to 1994, even if am not a fan of abiola,he was killed because of what he had to offer and we had better candidates too.......1999, alex ekwueme was there with plenty qualifications and he was substituted for obj just to pacify the west.........we are going around in circles.....if after 40 years of rulling and the North cannot be educated, then we are in serious trouble.......I am a firm believer in education and its impact on the society, giving them a cut off mark that low is bvlshit.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Utchgirl:
All tins being equal,they hv dia reason 4 doing it dis way.

Those ab00kis r nt interested in Education so they hv 2 make it cheap and easy 4 dem. On d oda hand, Anambrarians dnt play wit dia Education dis days . They hv taken d mantle 4rm Imo state in d South east zone.

Anambra state !

Light of d nation !

Let d light ctnue 2 shine !
ehen? but later they will still be the one to hold key position in the country and you people will start saying as far them work. the way some people reason just because of sentiment sometimes fit make person vex kill person. but is all allowed, is a faceless forum so anyone is entitle to his or her opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by meccuno: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
ehen? but later they will still be the one to hold key position in the country and you people will start saying as far them work. the way some people reason just because of sentiment sometimes fit make person vex kill person. but is all allowed, is a faceless forum so anyone is entitle to his or her opinion.
the thing dey vex me sef......they don't understand how deep this problem goes.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by ewigmee: 7:51am On Sep 01, 2015
This is how the northerners are more qualified for federal jobs than the southerners. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Chubhie: 8:09am On Sep 01, 2015
StOla:
Very possible.

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Swissheart(f): 8:15am On Sep 01, 2015
Funny
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by OlujobaSamuel: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2015
meccuno:
its not better in any way. Nigeria's educational system is not up there and the best thing to do is worsen it? This country is in a mess because of the leadership of the North and the country won't get better when you throw merit through the window just to appease a group of people who do not value education? One reason the North made Noise from the beginning of GEJs tenure was because if things were done right, it won't favour them.........okay let's check the history of leadership........Nnamdi azikiwe had a PHD while tafawa balewa was an ordinary school teacher......when Awolowo who was extremely qualified contested, another school teacher was brought to head the government with someone who was more qualified than he was Dr alex ekwueme.......fast forward to 1994, even if am not a fan of abiola,he was killed because of what he had to offer and we had better candidates too.......1999, alex ekwueme was there with plenty qualifications and he was substituted for obj just to pacify the west.........we are going around in circles.....if after 40 years of rulling and the North cannot be educated, then we are in serious trouble.......I am a firm believer in education and its impact on the society, giving them a cut off mark that low is bvlshit.....
you have to weigh the merit and demerits, I was once victim of the quota system on admission policy into unity school but never understood it then because I was too young. Do you know what the implication would have been if they are not learned as we are, an emir could rise up one to declare war and there would be no dissenting voice of caution amongst them. we now have muslim cleric in their midst condemning extremism. The few that are admitted base on this quota system are doing well at the long run. If all our security personnel, judges, policy makers etc, are from one part of the country, do you think they will happily accept posting to parts that have no representations. Nigeria is not yet ripe to be compared with the west pls, Africa problems require Africa solution, we all have different values which mostly influenced our decision or opinion.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by okpurukata(f): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

you have to weigh the merit and demerits, I was once victim of the quota system on admission policy into unity school but never understood it then because I was too young. Do you know what the implication would have been if they are not learned as we are, an emir could rise up one to declare war and there would be no dissenting voice of caution amongst them. we now have muslim cleric in their midst condemning extremism. The few that are admitted base on this quota system are doing well at the long run. If all our security personnel, judges, policy makers etc, are from one part of the country, do you think they will happily accept posting to parts that have no representations. Nigeria is not yet ripe to be compared with the west pls, Africa problems require Africa solution, we all have different values which mostly influenced our decision or opinion.

I see. African problems require African solution. So my dear, how do you react to the recent lopsided appointments by GMB. Is it still an African solution? On one scale quota system is good, but on another scale, when it fails to favour some people, it's not good. Only God will judge some people for their level of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by OlujobaSamuel: 9:39am On Sep 01, 2015
okpurukata:

I see. African problems require African solution. So my dear, how do you react to the recent lopsided appointments by GMB. Is it still an African solution? On one scale quota system is good, but on another scale, when it fails to favour some people, it's not good. Only God will judge some people for their level of hypocrisy.
I never raised my voice against it, I have my issues with some of his decisions, including the 100days denial, am in support of pmb but not in support of the appointments. I believed he might have chose them for the right reasons but it was a wrong political move, he could have delayed the appointments and announced it when he has positions to be occupied by others thus creating a balance view of it.

NB. Am not a fan of juicy or non juicy position. Just perform in your field, then all will be right for us.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Nnemuka(f): 9:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Same way Buhari became a general with F9 in Maths, A1 in Arabics and IRS, Pass in Economics whereas his colleagues from the south were expected to hold a PH.D Engineering in a school at England before they can be considered for promotions or a higher rank.

20 years from now this same ones who gained admission with a cut off mark of 2 will be appointed Minister for Finance under one ab0ki, while those of us expected to have higher marks will be somewhere shouting "sai baba"
How can Nigeria move forward?

3 Likes

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Bialegend(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2015
meccuno:
I think you are very dum.b for this statement.......and that's me being polite.....why don't you make your child become an indegene of yobe state to make it easy for u? And you claim to be educated but you make statements that show how low your I.Q is and your ways of reasoning must you justify stvpidity because you are an idio.tic bigot?
He is yoruba, forgive him. They are known to always support mediocre of their northern masters.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Bialegend(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
The word "as far as they can work" only come from yorubas who are experts in supporting mediocrity. That Nigeria is a mess today is because of the yorobers support of northern mediocrity. They know that if things are done on merit in Nigeria, they will come only second to Igbos, so better for them that merit is thrown to the dogs since they can never dominate any sector that merit is allowed to rule.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Bialegend(m): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

So because of their stupidness, backwards and mediocrity, my people's development will be arrested? May i ask, for how long are we Igbos going to allow our development to be arrested because of some useless quota system created not by us, but by others in this useless union just to accomodate people that we are not even related to? What about letting all the separate countries inside Nigeria go their separate ways and each try to develop at their own pace? Must we live together in one useless country while some parts of it are holding the development of others to ransome because of their illiteracy?
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Bialegend(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

I never raised my voice against it, I have my issues with some of his decisions, including the 100days denial, am in support of pmb but not in support of the appointments. I believed he might have chose them for the right reasons but it was a wrong political move, he could have delayed the appointments and announced it when he has positions to be occupied by others thus creating a balance view of it.

NB. Am not a fan of juicy or non juicy position. Just perform in your field, then all will be right for us.
You are iddiot for supporting mediocrity. "Just perform in your field" with 2 and 3 as the cut off point you ride through to coming into your assigned office? When have you known northerners as performers? Foe how long did they rule this country in the past without any tangible progress to point at? All of a sudden, they will now under Buhari turn Nigeria into Europe with your stupid "Just perform in your field". It is the hypocricy of you yorubers that have kept Nigeria backwards for this long.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by OlujobaSamuel: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bialegend:

So because of their stupidness, backwards and mediocrity, my people's development will be arrested? May i ask, for how long are we Igbos going to allow our development to be arrested because of some useless quota system created not by us, but by others in this useless union just to accomodate people that we are not even related to? What about letting all the separate countries inside Nigeria go their separate ways and each try to develop at their own pace? Must we live together in one useless country while some parts of it are holding the development of others to ransome because of their illiteracy?
Bialegend:

You are iddiot for supporting mediocrity. "Just perform in your field" with 2 and 3 as the cut off point you ride through to coming into your assigned office? When have you known northerners as performers? Foe how long did they rule this country in the past without any tangible progress to point at? All of a sudden, they will now under Buhari turn Nigeria into Europe with your stupid "Just perform in your field". It is the hypocricy of you yorubers that have kept Nigeria backwards for this long.
my educated wise man, it's "an idiot" not "iddiot" read again and understand the points raised, I never said you must reject or accept it. If you think you are safe and your community would develop when neighbouring communities or households lacks what they need to live a good life, then you need to check yourself. May selfishness not kill you before your time.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by OlujobaSamuel: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
have never insulted a race or tribe as a result of the foolishness of few, and I will never stoop so low to tow their foolish reasoning. If in your wisdom, you think a decision or system is wrong, use such wisdom to promote a candidate among the existing political parties we have, when he gets there, he can apply the system you want. Go to Niger, Ogun, Adamawa, Kastina and any other states which we have an ex HoS then check if they are the best of the 36states.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by steph2sweet(f): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
Educationally disadvantage comes to mind
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by abouzaid: 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
garbage in, garbage out. how can the educational system develop when the least qualified are admitted to teach and study at the most well funded schools in the country?(in mama peace voice) continue.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
abouzaid:
garbage in, garbage out. how can the educational system develop when the least qualified are admitted to teach and study at the most well funded schools in the country?(in mama peace voice) continue.

Unfortunately, tomorrow they will be appointed into Government on "MERIT" in republic of Nigeria.
Re: Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An by adconline(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
And these same beneficiaries of federal character thru Unity Schools and Jamb are now saying that it shouldn't matter in GMB's appointment??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charly Boy Blasts Tinubu " Please, Start Parking, Enough Is Enough" / FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun / Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.