Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled (23537 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Court Order,Appears In The Presence Of More Than 10 People / Fayose In Abuja Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Trial (Photo) / Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jiorhemen(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
You charge a retired army Colonel and someone who was NSA barely 48 hours after leaving office for illegal possession of firearms!!! how dumb can a government get. Even a 100 level law student will have this case thrown out

It's unfortunate that a lot of Nigerians are ignorant of gun laws in Nigeria. Lots of people think that as a soldier, you can just walk into a gun shop and buy arms. I remember a serving Colonel once told me that even a serving General has no legal right to possess unlicensed arms, but most of his colleagues now possess unlicensed arms because nobody will question them if found with a gun since they are soldiers. Anyway, the DSS is not ignorant of the law regarding possession of arms in Nigeria (Dasuki himself knows that the law forbids him from possessing the kind of arms found with him), that's why they have charged him.
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jiorhemen(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
hassan85:
you always talk like an educated illiterate. yes he was charged. y didn't he indicate it on the handover note? use ur brain

My brother, he couldn't even have indicated it because he has no right to possess such arms even if he is a serving general. The notion that he has the right to posses those weapons because he was a soldier is premised on the wrong belief by most Nigerians that soldiers have the right to buy and own guns, while civilians are forbidden. Most Nigerians don't even know that some of the assault rifles they see with soldiers on duty are not the personal possessions of those soldiers, and must be submitted as soon as the duty is over.
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jiorhemen(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Any reasonable judge or even a lazy one will strike out this suit for being a big joke

Why, please explain
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jiorhemen(m): 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
MrMcJay:

As a retired Colonel, Dasuki is now a civilian therefore, it is criminal for him to be found in possession of a rifle.

You are correct, but even if he is still serving and not retired, possessing the calibre of weapons found with him is still unlawful. A serving Colonel once told me that many of his colleagues possess unlicensed pistols, not because it is legitimate, but simply because no policeman will question them if found with it.
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by BishopMagic: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
INTROVERT:
I don't know about you guys but I would have loved to see some pics of him "drowning his face in pages of the newspaper" grin

If you have seen Biggie's Get Money video. The court intro scene with biggie picking his nails as lawyers argue over bull then thats how Dasuki appeared.
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
jiorhemen:

It's unfortunate that a lot of Nigerians are ignorant of gun laws in Nigeria. Lots of people think that as a soldier, you can just walk into a gun shop and buy arms. I remember a serving Colonel once told me that even a serving General has no legal right to possess unlicensed arms, but most of his colleagues now possess unlicensed arms because nobody will question them if found with a gun since they are soldiers. Anyway, the DSS is not ignorant of the law regarding possession of arms in Nigeria (Dasuki himself knows that the law forbids him from possessing the kind of arms found with him), that's why they have charged him.

Dasuki is not only an army Colonel but was also the NSA responsible for fighting the dreaded book haram sect less than 48 hours before the DSS invasion of his home!! Yopu expect him to protect his home with biscuits against book haram? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by MrMcJay(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Dasuki is not only an army Colonel but was also the NSA responsible for fighting the dreaded book haram sect less than 48 hours before the DSS invasion of his home!! Yopu expect him to protect his home with biscuits against book haram? tongue tongue tongue

The offence is a strict-liability offence. It doesn't look at why, it simply states "anyone".
If you present statement of yours during his trial, you have done the job of the prosecution and Dasuki is gonna be out of circulation for a long time.

I just hope his lawyers are of a more intelligent stock than you are.
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jpphilips(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
You charge a retired army Colonel and someone who was NSA barely 48 hours after leaving office for illegal possession of firearms!!! how dumb can a government get. Even a 100 level law student will have this case thrown out

lol,
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jpphilips(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
MrMcJay:

The offence is a strict-liability offence. It doesn't look at why, it simply states "anyone".
If you present statement of yours during his trial, you have done the job of the prosecution and Dasuki is gonna be out of circulation for a long time.

I just hope his lawyers are of a more intelligent stock than you are.

Dasuki as a retired col is well trained to handle fire arms, his former position as the NSA makes him a BH bulls eye as such he is entitled to some protection, it is upto him to decide whether he wants to do it himself or allow Govt agencies to do it for him.
The Govt can not love Dasuki more than himself.

Secondly, Dasuki has both military and DSS attachee to his residence, where are they supposed to store their Ammo if not Dasuki's house?

Dasuki will wriggle out with an intelligence report that will shock the judge, EFCC is just fooling around.
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by fineguy11(m): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
is dansuki above the law?who gives a f*ck if he was the commandant of the world army,are u saying he is above the law?..with this mentality of yours,its obvious ur offsprings will be bowing to dansuki's in the future..
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by fineguy11(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

typical mentality of poverty stricken nigerian...he was the NSA so he shld acquire any type/number of arms he wants,why does he have soldiers attached to him since he can protect himself?.even u're not,just pretend to be a literate....
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jiorhemen(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

He was the NSA, ok. NSA is even small, even if he was the commander-in-chief, no law in Nigeria gives him the power to possess assault rifles without license. I don't want to believe you are ignorant of this. Even some uneducated folks know that to possess guns in Nigeria requires permit, so it baffles me why a literate person like you is saying this. Anyway, I think you are deliberately making this argument for a particular reason, I don't think you are ignorant of this fact. Even the President of the US does not keep the guns for his protection in his house. There are security forces who do that. Even as NSA, Dasuki had people protecting him and they were armed. Till this moment, he still has armed soldiers guarding his house.
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jiorhemen(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
fineguy11:
typical mentality of poverty stricken nigerian...he was the NSA so he shld acquire any type/number of arms he wants,why does he have soldiers attached to him since he can protect himself?.even u're not,just pretend to be a literate....

On point
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by Kencruz: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
What is my business here, north killing north
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 02, 2015
jiorhemen:

He was the NSA, ok. NSA is even small, even if he was the commander-in-chief, no law in Nigeria gives him the power to possess assault rifles without license. I don't want to believe you are ignorant of this. Even some uneducated folks know that to possess guns in Nigeria requires permit, so it baffles me why a literate person like you is saying this. Anyway, I think you are deliberately making this argument for a particular reason, I don't think you are ignorant of this fact. Even the President of the US does not keep the guns for his protection in his house. There are security forces who do that. Even as NSA, Dasuki had people protecting him and they were armed. Till this moment, he still has armed soldiers guarding his house.
We are yet to confirm the guns are indeed unlicensed!! That is what the courts are there for
Re: Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled by jiorhemen(m): 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

We are yet to confirm the guns are indeed unlicensed!! That is what the courts are there for

Well, the courts will decide as you have said. But the fact is that no regulatory body in Nigeria licenses assault rifles to individuals. If there is any Nigerian who knows this fact, it is Dasuki himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New Face Of Tamsu Kawu Village Borno(photos) / Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East / Boko Haram Attacks Auno, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.