Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,387 members, 7,850,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion (1043 Views)

Media Attacks On Adeboye Orchestrated By Ayodele Fayose – APC / We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / GEJ Fought Corruption - Femi Falana On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by sleemfesh: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
It is widespread belief that GEJ government reeked of corruption so much so that rotten fish will be ashamed.
However, one of the his greatest undoing might be his very quiet nature and the honest or humble, albeit naive belief that people will ordinarily look and see what is good and uphold it. Add to that a team of aides who didn't do a good job of blowing the proverbial trumpet but late in the day. Yes, it is their job to educate the people.

What he didn't factor in was that no matter how good you may be, in the game of politics, when folks are after you for whatever reason, they will stop at nothing in getting you down. This is very possible with a group of Nigerians who are so eager to grab power and who also have enormous sources of fund. The lazy Nigeria media and very gullible masses readily misinform and swallow all if not most of the propaganda and false information respectively.

It was the Jonathan government that nearly got an ex-Vice President of the United States of America (USA) jailed for corruption!
If that is a small issue you need to think again. A country that could go to war in a foreign land (Iraq) and ravage it for no clear-cut reason but fabricated information on the possession of weapons of mass destruction (which none was eventually found) will have a lot of ego. And as we know, they will protect their integrity at all costs.

Among those GEJ went after are:
1] Former US Vice President, Dick Cheney,
2] Albert Stanley ( former Chairman of KBR),
3] David Lesar( CEO of Haliburton)
4] David Utt( Former MD of KBR).
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/24/albert-stanley-halliburton-kbr-bribery-sentence_n_1299760.html
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-02-23/ex-kbr-ceo-albert-stanley-gets-30-month-prison-term-in-nigeria-bribe-case

That the US obviously didn't forgive Jonathan for putting the former Vice President on trial and worked day and night to see his fall is not hard to see.

Global industrial giants charged by Jonathan includes:-
1] Technip SA of France,
2] Snamprogetti Spa and
3] JGC Corp of Japan.
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/snamprogetti-netherlands-bv-resolves-foreign-corrupt-practices-act-investigation-and-agrees

And to think that Atiku and Obasanjo who are closely related to these corruption cases are now the people chanting change tells you a lot about Nigeria and the fake change.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Suspect33(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mr. Stealin is not corruption

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by INTROVERT(f): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
hmmmm
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by jbcul4ril(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
My plead with Nigerians is that since they were patient with PDP/GEJ for all this years respectively, it will only be fair to be patient with PMB for 4years then we decide whether to give him another chance or not if he can continue in his age. All this sentiment of who and where someone is appointed from has never help us but only the relations of these office holders. If all our legislators for example use the community development funds to fix their various constituencies, we will be better off since 1999. Same with governors.
When i see DUBAI, i shed tears for this nation and i ask myself; How old is Nigeria compare to Dubai? We are less than zero behind. Okay let not go to DUbai, lets take Ghana for example; they are far ahead of us and we shamelessly go there for vacations. Kai!!
Why are we where we are today as a Nation? CORRUPTION.
In Abuja where am writing from are so many cheap properties for sale because people cannot find free money to steal again. Every linkage for siphoning government fund is blocked. We must encourage it. The resources of the nation must work for us all not for a few individuals and

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by fulanimafia: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Efforts of the last administration of Goodluck Jonathan to look into the Halliburton bribery scandal involving Dick Cheney and the other people you mentioned, was only perfunctory and the only person indicted then was Bodunde Adeyanju, a former Personal Assistant (PA) on Domestic Affairs to former President Olusegun Obasanjo. The PA, as usual with our dear country when there are lots of interests at play, only got a slap on the wrist and was told to go and sin no more.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/daring-the-president-on-halliburton-scandal-prosecution/

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Ugik(m): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
Suspect33:
Mr. Stealin is not corruption
stealing is not corruption bro, dnt make your ignorance public

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Suspect33(m): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ugik:
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Ugik(m): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
i dnt see the harlibuthon scandal as the reason why USA goffed on jonathans presidency cos Dick chenney is a republican while Obama is a democrat and if chenney had gone to jail, that would ve been an advantage to democrats bid to retain power. so Between Obama, Jonathan and Buhari, there is an untold story but That is surely not the reason.
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by vicadex07(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
lol...you people have started again. I thought that era has gone with GEJ

Siphoning public funds akin to stealing is now corruption and a criminal offence
Ugik:
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bro...I think US/Obama was against Jonathan for reasons like his preference of China against US interest for trade and infrastructure development partnership, his anti-gay law, his rejection of aboard for US army in W.African soil, his rejection of European open trade policy, and finally his romance with Russia among other reasons...

Halliburton scandal thieves in Nigeria are big fishes to toil with; and they are in APC now...Reason why buhari may allow the fund to remain in America because America insisted he prosecute them before the fund will be repatriated
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
vicadex07:

Siphoning public funds akin to stealing is now corruption and a criminal offence

Jonathan was right in his usage of those words...Just as our constitution supports same...

Join buhari in school plzzz undecided

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Ugik(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
vicadex07:

like i said, dnt make ur ignorance public or i will school you if you still fail to see the difference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Vicadonis(m): 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
OK...
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by saint047(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
If "body language" can stabilise electricity in Nigeria, "body language' should accept campaign promises and stop all the u-turns abeg.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by vicadex07(m): 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
but his body language was wrong. He was asked a simple question as to what he was doing about corruption and instead of giving a direct answer, he deflected from the question and decided to lecture us on the dictionary meaning of his earlier gafe - stealing is not corruption which wa salso an attempt to deflect from the pressing question...what a competent fool, competent cos at least he was able to convince people like you.

Guy, we dont need dictionary definitions, just tell us how many public figures were prosecuted on corruption charges during Jonathans regime and please do not give me the yam and goat theory. Am not a primary school pupil.
Whynotthetruth:

Jonathan was right in his usage of those words...Just as our constitution supports same...

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Goke7: 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

na wa for una hypocrisy o should we say buhari was right in the usage of the 95% and 5% analogy? some also agree that buhari was right but not politically right too abi?
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
vicadex07:
but his body language was wrong. He was asked a simple question as to what he was doing about corruption and instead of giving a direct answer, he deflected from the question and decided to lecture us on the dictionary meaning of his earlier gafe - stealing is not corruption which wa salso an attempt to deflect from the pressing question...what a competent fool, competent cos at least he was able to convince people like you.

Guy, we dont need dictionary definitions, just tell us how many public figures were prosecuted on corruption charges during Jonathans regime and please do not give me the yam and goat theory. Am not a primary school pupil.

@bolded...Yes you're not but reason like one undecided

Grab a copy of both speeches by him and cure your ignorance...

Google our constitution opinion on both too...then come back and let's talk...thanks
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
How do you judge the level of corruption in Jonathan's administration?

Does it include corruptions perpetrated in States and Local Government?

From corruption index, the non transparent outlook of State Governments was reported as key element in downward rating of Nigeria in perception index.

The question every Nigeria must seek should aimed at extracting evidences to prove that corruption was prevalent with specifics and not that APC continues to sing it hoping it sticks. It is all fallacy without empirical evidence and court pronouncements - Fact

Don't be deceived, ask questions and never believe a single statement by an APC supporters or party Stewart. Their lies are poisonous and at same time contagious.

Avoid accepting APC lies and propaganda. They know common Nigerians like to see high caliber looters pay for their crimes but are APC propaganda machines court to convict and execute judgment - the answer is hell No.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Goke7:

na wa for una hypocrisy o should we say buhari was right in the usage of the 95% and 5% analogy? some also agree that buhari was right but not politically right too abi?

Plz...don't compare apple and orange...they aren't same...

Google will give you both speeches or media chats of Jonathan...then also pick our constitution's opinion on the duo too from Google...then we can talk...thanks
Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
How do you judge the level of corruption in Jonathan's administration?

Does it include corruptions perpetrated in States and Local Government?

From corruption index, the non transparent outlook of State Governments was reported as key element in downward rating of Nigeria in perception index.

The question every Nigeria must seek is evidence to prove that corruption was prevalent not that APC continues to sing it hoping it sticks. It is all fallacy without empirical evidence and court pronouncements - Fact

Do be deceived ask questions and never believe a single statement by an APC supporters or party Stewart. Their lies are poisonous and at same time contagious.

Avoid accepting APC lies and propaganda. They know common Nigerians like to see high caliber looters pay for their crimes but are APC propaganda machines court to convict and execute judgment - the answer is hell No.

Ever imagined why same people that chant corruption on Jonathan refuse to ask why APC states like Lagos, Oyo etc refuse to domesticate FOI and not open their books to any scrutiny... but call someone who threw his open the thief...Some Nigerians are either too dull or simply devilish...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Ever imagined why same people that chant corruption on Jonathan refuse to ask why APC states like Lagos, Oyo etc refuse to domesticate FOI and not open their books to any scrutiny... but call someone who threw his open the thief...Some Nigerians are either too dull or simply devilish...

Though I am not denying that certain degree of corrupt practices were committed by individuals who served directly or indirectly under Jonathan's administration but I hate false accusations, even the court of law (justice) prefers acquitting criminals to condemning an innocent citizen.

As an Engineer, I am in love with details and specifics, I hate application of guess work (in practicals and real businesses) among my subordinates and employees alike hence I wouldn't commit myself to half truth and falsification of facts. The disadvantages outweigh any temporal gains it offers.

The government should stop bringing allegations before the court of public opinion without thorough investigations and concrete evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Fought Corruption,may Have Orchestrated US Backlash/support 4 Oppostion by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Though I am not denying that certain degree of corrupt practices were committed by individuals who served directly or indirectly under Jonathan's administration but I hate false accusations, even the court of law (justice) prefers acquitting criminals to condemning an innocent citizen.

As an Engineer, I am in love with details and specifics, I hate application of guess work (in practicals and real businesses) among my subordinates and employees alike hence I wouldn't commit myself to half truth and falsification of facts. The disadvantages outweigh any temporal gains it offers.

The government should stop bringing allegations before the court of public opinion without thorough investigations and concrete evidence.

Bolded is fact...and won't stop anytime soon...

Do you know much already looted under superman buhari...It's a continuum...it can only be minimized using strong institutional framework like Jonathan was doing not any jail threat of buhari ....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And Body Language: A New Deal Or Crude Sycophancy? - Drss / Introducing The Real Peter Obi (part 1) By Obiora Aghadinuno / Marginalisation Of Muslims In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.