Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters (13747 Views)

Turkey Disowns Ipob Turk Propagandist... Supports Nigeria's Territorial Integrit / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 / Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by realnas(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
it is a welcome development that drones will be use to conduct surveillance on the pipelines however wat I want to knw is has nnpc purchased d drones? If yes then they shuld give us the drone's specifications i e how long it can stay in the air ,the type of cameras it has whether those cameras have forward looking infrared capabilities[flir] ,the use of a forward lookin infrared camera is that it allows the drone to be able to see in darkness and bad weather conditions since it detects heat signature from humans and machines and also whether the drone is armed [whether it has missile carrying capabilities]. The reason y I asked is as of 2006 baba iyabo's govt purchased some aerostar drones frm israel under the usual magu magu defence contract prevelent in our defense sector and in less than a year these drones simply broke down and stopped working the israelis that sold these drones to nigeria demanded for a veri large sum inorder for them to bring them back to life,this is after nigeria paid a grossly inflated sum for the purchase of these drone hope we will learn this tym around

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by ocelot2006(m): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
I understand the need to patrol our territorial waters, but this is not the way to go. There is The Nigeria Airforce Maritime Patrol unit in Benin and the Nigeria Navy Western and Eastern Naval Commands are very very active. USE THESE UNITS! If it means buying additional drones or retasking existing UAVs (with the exception of our CH-3A UCAV fleet) then do so. But getting the NEW directly involved in patrols make no sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by olatex25(m): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
PublicAssurance:
waste of money....before you know it now....we will start to hear about the $20 billion Drone contract scam....Awon educated robbers..always robbing us with their pen and xtra Zeros
scam in Bugatti era, I bet d person will rot in jail.. observing from far.. @#olalee

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by luthorcorp: 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
lolz can Nigeria pay for drone services I mean not that the cash is not there but wouldn't it be too much to spend on surveillance considering the predicament of the nation,in fact very few countries have been able to afford american and russia drones
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by airsaylongcon: 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Drones don't stop the damage to pipelines. They only identify the locations of the leaks. The militants freedom fighters will just be blowing up multiple locations while wearing masks. Plus these drones can be shot down if dem over worry as they will not be super hitech drones flown by d US. Bottom line, work with the locals

2 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
brixton:
Talk is cheap but doing the work? Welcome to govt of promises and nothing to show for it! This is simply a guise to settle a few thieves and no one will hear of drones by year end.
You guys will wail even if baba turns Nigeria to heaven
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Sidajili: 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Talk is indeed cheap. (Sips tea), Someone has succeeded in confusing somebody... again

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by oluwaahmed: 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
PublicAssurance:
waste of money....before you know it now....we will start to hear about the $20 billion Drone contract scam....Awon educated robbers..always robbing us with their pen and xtra Zeros

My broda ur post is very reasonable. I jst lament wen I see d youths of 2day tukin like senseless pple. We had drones and dey did not use it 2 locate d chibok gurls? Or flush out BH 4rm deir hidin place? I av noticed dat dis govt does a lot of tukin witout action. I will probe dis, we will buy dis? Ii will appoint dis too much tuk no action. How many pple av bn probed. Why not shut up, get d drones & den tell us. because pple 4rm oda countries had reasonable slides & practical presentatns @ d summit n 1 mumu said dey will use drones 2 monitor tins, jst so dat 9ja will belong. Mtscheew!

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by calliking(m): 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Impressive. This is the new GMD that Buhari just appointed already working. Change is really here grin Things are improving, this is less than 100days. Nigeria shall be great again. Sai Buhari!!!

Dont be gullible LADY F... Honestly i assume you smarter ...
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by calliking(m): 10:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
ladyF:
Impressive. This is the new GMD that Buhari just appointed already working. Change is really here grin Things are improving, this is less than 100days. Nigeria shall be great again. Sai Buhari!!! grin

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Dont be gullible LADY F and waste your praises. These are but mere hear says. You are more beautiful when you dont use that last phrase ...Sai ***"
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
ladyF:
Impressive. This is the new GMD that Buhari just appointed already working. Change is really here grin Things are improving, this is less than 100days. Nigeria shall be great again. Sai Buhari!!! grin

Hmmmm! I pray o
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Rockie: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
NIMASA have always deployed drones to monitor our territorial waters during GEJ Admin. Nothing new, this is security matter no need to announce it to the press, hence the the vandals will shoot it down.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by CSTR2: 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Loud mouthed talkers.
They have not acquired drones to finish a more lethal threat in bokoharam.
Empty heads.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by ololo12: 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
PublicAssurance:
Nigeria will be a better country when Lady F finds a Job o

I concur! This girl no get work. 24 hrs she dey on nairaland dey drag for FP

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by nationwide1(m): 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Shame on APC. Shame on NNPC.

Drones in oil producing states and the bokoharam is feasting on human lives daily without resistance.

What will Nigeria do when Southside split from Nigeria. I dey laugh because this government is showing cluelessness o.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Chidoo74: 1:11am On Sep 02, 2015
Exactly, I have been expecting b/4 now,
My GMD you have our support,
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by nduchucks: 2:23am On Sep 02, 2015
Lets hope the drones are armed with fully loaded missiles.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Olukat(m): 3:04am On Sep 02, 2015
ladyF:

Don't be fooled by careless statement from an "eye service" fella!
Before you start dancing to your chanji music, pls tell me;
1. Do NNPC have the capability to monitor the coast?
2. Is NNPC a security outfit now?
3. Can NNPC effect any arrest as a body?
I think everybody is keying-into the fact that a dullard somewhere near the rock, cannot comprehend most of their bogus lies.
angry

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Midazman(m): 6:17am On Sep 02, 2015
Kachikwu's appointment is one of the best so far by PMB..The man is so intelligent...a new Nigeria has come!!!...proudly nigerian!
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by persius555(m): 7:08am On Sep 02, 2015
atlwireles:
Deploy drones through the Niger delta mangrove canopy undecided Maybe, the NNPC spokesperson does not understand the crude oil pipeline layout.
And u do not understand the technologies behind the efficiency of a drone.:|
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Ramsey247(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2015
As if they did not promise to deregulate. These guys are not ready to implement PIB. why spend money on drone when u are planning to privatize.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by rolchi(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2015
atlwireles:
Deploy drones through the Niger delta mangrove canopy undecided Maybe, the NNPC spokesperson does not understand the crude oil pipeline layout.

My brother, this PMB people just tire me! Really, it is a government of the media, for the media and by the media.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by macino1(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2015
Who do the stealing: the high and mighty in connivance with those who are suppose to secure the oil, the very same people who will still be manning the drones. God help nija!
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Akanniade(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2015
atlwireles:
Infra-red imaging will sort that out.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by thundafire: 10:43am On Sep 02, 2015
NNPC use drone monitor ship with oil haha very funny contract awarded to GMD company dis country dy truly run on ba3 dy cnt even locate BH boys na to guard oil wer dier mind is focus scam ooooo
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by erico2k2(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Oil theft IS another form of terrorism sir.
The proceeds of the oil, which would have been used to better the lives of ordinary Nigerians will now be used for elites. If that's not terrorism, nothing else is.
Wen was Oil money ever used by the govt to better the lives of youths? Sad as it sounds it's these thieves /vandals who give the boys money to carry out these act.and the big fish are the people in govt cos u need to be at a certain level to endodge so if U ask me nah Dem Dem
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by erico2k2(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Akanniade:

Infra-red imaging will sort that out.
If U know about infra red U will have known it works in darkness absence of light.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Disarm Fulani Herdsmen Now, South-east Monarchs Tells FG.. / President Muhammadu Buhari Diagnosed With Cancer - TheTrentOnline / Buhari Spent $2.6bn On Boko Haram Crisis –CDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.