Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead (73319 Views)

Halima Maude Fernandez Weds Zubair Rudasingwa, Younger Rwandan Lover (Photos) / Inside The £8.7billion Estate Deinde Fernandez Left Behind / Antonio Dehinde Fernandez Buried (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 02, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Anyone who doesn't know Deinde Fernández must be Indomie kid.
Don't mind those indomie kids jare . . . .

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:40am On Sep 02, 2015
Niyinficient:
Chei! Just weeks after he appeared on nairaland, he's dead? Blacks, Una don do d guy wetin una do titanic abi? God dey o!

Falls down from the chair.
Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:47am On Sep 02, 2015
bandely:
Read about this man in current affairs in the late 90s early 2000s! This man had hit the billions before there was Dan talkless of Gote! Himself and one Ibadan billionaire that plays/own golf (course), I'm not too sure of that Ibadan man again. Those guys were damn rich!

I'm waiting for something from naptu2, I'm sure he has an info or 2 abt him!

Baba naptu2, please mention me when you do.

... before there was Dan talkless of Gote!

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

You adults af those days ... Old things have passed away! grin
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Pls tell them cheesy
pharmow:
I'm a little surprised there are handful of people that don't know who Deinde Fernandez was. Truly there are many kids on Nairaland. In the 1980s and 90s, years before Dangote, Adenuga and Otedola becomes household names synonymous to wealth in Nigeria. The likes of Deinde Fernandez, Harry Akande and MKO Abiola wealth are the type you pray to God to bless you with. This is a man that held ambassadorial positions in many countries around the world, he was a deputy prime minister in a country outside his country of origin, a very highly diplomatic man respected all over the world, we were told he owned a private island, he owned cars that were owned by the royal family, this man defined poshness and classy of wealth. With reasons best known to him, he didn't do so much on the home front (Nigeria).

RIP sir

Some info for the indomie generation

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Sexologist:

u self..... wetin dey make u laff like this I don dey suspect u o
Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I'm just having a good laughing time.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:54am On Sep 02, 2015
Sexologist:

Pass some this side o, me can't find sleep anywhere around.... so I Berra start laughing too

Ok start by just laughing out loud: Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:56am On Sep 02, 2015
Jarus:

I'm below 35 and I know about him very well. Some of us started reading newspapers and magazines and following events since primary school.

Thank you oh. Internet no dey back then. So we gats to read newspapers and magazines.

3 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:58am On Sep 02, 2015
Jarus:
Another abroad-based billionaire Nigerian many people may find strange when he dies (may he live long) is Kase Lawal.

He's a US-based oil magnate.

Start researching him now.

Auto-correct na wa. I wan Google the man and it changed his name to last lawal.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:00am On Sep 02, 2015
Sexologist:

see you that was busy washing plates ....and going to the stream.... when did u read newspapers?

I grew up in the city and not in the village.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:03am On Sep 02, 2015
bandely:

Given the African standard, and if you are not talking about investment kinda billionaire, then yes! He was a Warren Buffet of Africa! The man was what over 6billion pounds! One thing that made him stand out was the flamboyant but yet covert lifestyle he lived! The man buys the best things for himself! What I actually envied most about him is the political appointments he had in different African countries. That still surprises me.

Me too
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:05am On Sep 02, 2015
Urine:

He was very reclusive but influential, one of his daughters Teju Philips was a commissioner under Tinubu. Guess he wasn't ready to deal with naija wahala.

I remember Mrs Teju Philips

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by eki2000(m): 2:34am On Sep 02, 2015
Most people here are saying R.I.P to a dead man they never knew. Your wealth still speaks even after you are dead.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by lakesidepapa(m): 2:34am On Sep 02, 2015
lalasticlala:
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1043410_ANTONIO-DEINDE-FERNANDEZ-IYANIWURA-1_gifd44aa9ba8fd01fa9900e828db455ae24[/img]

Announcing his demise in a tweet at about 9.pm on Tuesday, Nigerian Journalist/Publisher, Dele Momodu, said: “Nigeria, and indeed Africa, has just lost one of its greatest sons; Ambassador Chief Antonio Dehinde Fernandez is gone!”
Details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/breaking-news-billionaire-deinde-fernandez-is-dead/#sthash.cU9cw49Z.dpuf

Meanwhile, if you want to read more about the man and his wealth, follow this nairaland link
https://www.nairaland.com/1241189/antonio-oladeinde-fernandez-nigerias-reclusive-billionaire

IJEBU to the core
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by mikolo80: 2:40am On Sep 02, 2015
Abdullateef77:
we have lost a great man
RIP
upon all that money,he just has to leave it
how is he ours how is he great how have we lost a gaddem thing please explain it to me Dangote g can understand adedibu even last last babangida but this guy WTF
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by joyli: 3:07am On Sep 02, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

pharmow:
I'm a little surprised there are handful of people that don't know who Deinde Fernandez was. Truly there are many kids on Nairaland. In the 1980s and 90s, years before Dangote, Adenuga and Otedola becomes household names synonymous to wealth in Nigeria. The likes of Deinde Fernandez, Harry Akande and MKO Abiola wealth are the type you pray to God to bless you with. This is a man that held ambassadorial positions in many countries around the world, he was a deputy prime minister in a country outside his country of origin, a very highly diplomatic man respected all over the world, we were told he owned a private island, he owned cars that were owned by the royal family, this man defined poshness and classy of wealth. With reasons best known to him, he didn't do so much on the home front (Nigeria).

RIP sir

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by enigstil(m): 3:27am On Sep 02, 2015
Finally, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.Oluwo lo, egun Ile ni e, oun she eni angba loju, afin Ile ni e, oun she eni anti laya, apoti to fi joko o dohun akunlebo.
To ba dele, okile, toba de orun, she orun 're o.Ma jokun ma je ekolo, ohun ti won ba nje lohun ni koba won je.Naija has truly lost a very rare gem.Majority of folks out there don't know this guy, but in all honesty, this guy is richer than Dangote,SUN 'RE O.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by SmartMugu: 3:37am On Sep 02, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Ok start by just laughing out loud: Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
What language are u laughing in? How do u pronounce this type of laughter?
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by livinbygrace: 3:38am On Sep 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:

IJEBU to the core

Point of correction ,he is from Lagos Island.

3 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by SmartMugu: 3:41am On Sep 02, 2015
mikolo80:
how is he ours
how is he great
how have we lost a gaddem thing
please
explain it to me
Dangote g can understand
adedibu even
last last babangida
but this guy
WTF
Yup. I don't know of anyone that has benefited a dime of his wealth. If he didn't create jobs for anyone in Nigeria nor had any known businesses that helped make their lives easier, I have no idea why people are saying we lost a gem after his demise. I'd respect the likes of MKO, Ezego etc before him.

3 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by totalhouse(m): 4:03am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
First time af hearing that name really.... Some people just get very famous posthumously ... And he's even a billionaire How come I dint knnn...well shit hapinz !

Less I forget RIP.. Hope he's gotten a donation for Naija in his will too grin
Just admit that u didn't know him before his demise. He was a famous Nigerian billionaire before his death. ..so famous posthumously according to you is not true.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by xreal: 4:17am On Sep 02, 2015
LatestTrend:
More than 75% of folks here don't know this man.

But why adding "Oluwo" ?

No spoil business for this man before God oo. grin

Vanity upon vanity.

JESUS IS COMING BACK. grin

The man will be happy with that wherever he is.

He has ever been a proud member of the Ogboni Cult.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by GodMode: 4:31am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Am not talking about a billionaire that is not reaching out well enough! Real wealth is not in what one can do for oneself don't you think?
That's why his money is so silent someone like me don't even know he exists! Imaging, A Dantata an Indimi that isn't as rich commands my respect and recognition just because they invested their money in so many's life through their biznesses . That 's what I call wealth mehn!

Dantata and most of the Nigerian billionaires you hear of are not rich...

They used the government to make money due to oil blocks they got..

Take away their oil blocks and see how quickly they'll go broke...

Its Southern Nigeria's money..

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 02, 2015
If only money could buy life.....soon it will, very soon
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Naff24(f): 4:43am On Sep 02, 2015
pharmow:
I'm a little surprised there are handful of people that don't know who Deinde Fernandez was. Truly there are many kids on Nairaland. In the 1980s and 90s, years before Dangote, Adenuga and Otedola becomes household names synonymous to wealth in Nigeria. The likes of Deinde Fernandez, Harry Akande and MKO Abiola wealth are the type you pray to God to bless you with. This is a man that held ambassadorial positions in many countries around the world, he was a deputy prime minister in a country outside his country of origin, a very highly diplomatic man respected all over the world, we were told he owned a private island, he owned cars that were owned by the royal family, this man defined poshness and classiness of wealth. With reasons best known to him, he didn't do so much on the home front (Nigeria).

RIP sir

lol... Indomie generation una don hear
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by popez: 4:43am On Sep 02, 2015
Truly an indomie and BBM generation. Most peeps on here don't know this man. One of the most diplomatic and Respected Nigerian in the world. RIP sir!!

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Naff24(f): 4:45am On Sep 02, 2015
Sunofgod:
All these 'Naira Billionaires' self - I don't know 99% of them!

(I Blame Buhari (and fracking))
U won't knw cz u r indomie generation, only if u spend this....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by mikolo80: 4:49am On Sep 02, 2015
SmartMugu:

Yup. I don't know of anyone that has benefited a dime of his wealth. If he didn't create jobs for anyone in Nigeria nor had any known businesses that helped make their lives easier, I have no idea why people are saying we lost a gem after his demise. I'd respect the likes of MKO, Ezego etc before him.
a toh
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Cholison(m): 5:04am On Sep 02, 2015
Dust to dust, it is finished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MMM Participants In Fear As Ultimate Cycler Crashes / Mircea Popescu, Bitcoin Billionaire Dies After Drowning In Costa Rica Sea / Lady Removes Her Slippers At Diamond Bank In Abia Before Entering Inside (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.