Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead (73814 Views)

Halima Maude Fernandez Weds Zubair Rudasingwa, Younger Rwandan Lover (Photos) / Inside The £8.7billion Estate Deinde Fernandez Left Behind / Antonio Dehinde Fernandez Buried (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Babe2sure(f): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2015
Fearcom:
Am not cursing anyone but soooo many people yap and yap and yap without thinking because it is sooo easy to look at another person's life and start asking dumb questions like: He was rich, what did he do for the masses; what did he do for his country; what did he...? Do you know where you will end up? Or how you will end up? Many young millionaires do nothing but flex their gold chains and wrist watches and show off with different girls having wild parties on yachts and mansions parked with several choice cars, as if they are the first to be rich. I remember this man trying several times years back to establish big business here in Nigeria only to be frustrated because he refused to bribe and cut corners with corrupt elements who saw his wanting to go into business as a way of 'cashing in' by demanding he gives them kick backs and percentages in return for providing him a 'conducive environment to do business'. Many foreigners have been frustrated from doing business in Nigeria because of the environment. And please before you mention people like Dangote as well as businesses like MTN many of us don't know what it entails doing business in a place like Nigeria. The consumers are at the receiving end as we are being milked. It is well sha.

You are making a case for him right?
My dear, he was not the only Nigerian that has been frustrated in the bid to establish business in Nigeria. Virtually all billionaires face that, it is borne out of corruption which has become systemic and endemic in Nigeria and is invariably slowing Nigeria's progress over the years. Coupled with pettiness and incurable jealousy that reigned supreme in this country.

Be that as it may, we are talking of helping the masses. Trying to establish business in Nigeria is not the only way to help, obviously. He could sponsor any causes of people suffering, when you are in a priviledged position, one should help the less priviledged, but he did none of that, all we hear about is his stupendous wealth. Phew!
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by kristonium(m): 9:28am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

No fuss! Beht tha way you said it... Like he was the Warren Buffet of Africa ?
well,he was actually!
just go online and do a little research on him and u will be shocked!

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by subnormal: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2015
Jarus:
Another abroad-based billionaire Nigerian many people may find strange when he dies (may he live long) is Kase Lawal.

He's a US-based oil magnate.

Starjt researching him now.

Kase Lawal, owner of Camac oil now Erin energy. Also owns one of the biggest banks in Texas
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by tobtap: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2015
bandely:
Read about this man in current affairs in the late 90s early 2000s! This man had hit the billions before there was Dan talkless of Gote! Himself and one Ibadan billionaire that plays/own golf (course), I'm not too sure of that Ibadan man again. Those guys were damn rich!

I'm waiting for something from naptu2, I'm sure he has an info or 2 abt him!

Baba naptu2, please mention me when you do.
the ibadan man is CHIEF HARRY AKANDE
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by stinggy(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2015
pickabeau1:

Its not about indomie

what did he achieve with his money

He just holed up in the UK..
US you mean.

I agree with you though, not even a Foundation to his name here. But there are always references to him in many foreign media.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by pickabeau1: 9:41am On Sep 02, 2015
stinggy:

US you mean.

I agree with you though, not even a Foundation to his name here. But there are always references to him in many foreign media.

Ok

Thanks for the correction

He was estranged from the country so why do u guys think he will be known

However this does not negate the premise of the youth being obsessed with social media et al
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by stinggy(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2015
pickabeau1:

Ok

Thanks for the correction

He was estranged from the country so why do u guys think he will be known

However this does not negate the premise of the youth being obsessed with social media et al

Yea, obsessed with the social media but reads only news about Wizkid's gold chain, Skibii having only one pair of jeans or Tonto cooking with long nails.
I will rather read on a Deinde than waste time reading 'junks' from those bloggers.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by davidque007(m): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2015
OGBONI CHIEFTAIN
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by gwas(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

I know af Dantata , still met some af his heavy trucks plying our Roads lol and yh , I'm in my early 20's .. So, my ignorance can be forgiven
That's why is good to read, read anything readable.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Fearcom(m): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2015
Babe2sure:

You are making a case for him right?
My dear, he was not the only Nigerian that has been frustrated in the bid to establish business in Nigeria. Virtually all billionaires face that, it is borne out of corruption which has become systemic and endemic in Nigeria and is invariably slowing Nigeria's progress over the years. Coupled with pettiness and incurable jealousy that reigned supreme in this country.

Be that as it may, we are talking of helping the masses. Trying to establish business in Nigeria is not the only way to help, obviously. He could sponsor any causes of people suffering, when you are in a priviledged position, one should help the less priviledged, but he did none of that, all we hear about is his stupendous wealth. Phew!

I'm not making a case for him. I don't need to. His businesses scattered all over the globe have several employees, obviously. But one thing I loved about him is that he was a very quiet man, he's wasn't a noise maker at all, despite his wealth, influence, and philanthropic activities. That's why several people NEVER heard about him until now that he died. That's what I call class.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by LaconicINC: 10:38am On Sep 02, 2015
He is 76 years old. He Is A Billionaire. Reputed To Have Not One, But SIX Private Jets. He Owns A Chateau In France, Once Occupied By Napoleon Bonaparte, The Emperor Of France. Friend Of Mobutu. Ally Of Kofi Annan. Associate Of Mandela. I Call Him The Emperor of Blinding Swagger. Terrific Swagger. He Is So Classy That Whenever He Enters A Restaurant To Eat, Everyone Else Must Leave Because He Cannot Eat With The 'Commoners'. He Takes Over Entire Restaurants For The Night To Avoid Encountering 'RiffRaff'. (Chai! Poor Man Don Suffer). Of All The Richest Nigerians I Know, None Comes Close To This Man When It Comes To The Level Of Style, 'Tooshness' & Money-Backed Aloofness. But Who Is He? How He Made His Money? His Marriages? Why He Left His House For A Hotel?

I have heard of the name once read about him back in the days, I just hope he had a relationship with Jesus before he departed, that is what will make the difference for him
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by longevity1(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2015
All u small girls looking for wat is not lost.If u attend his funeral party U will hook up with Ogboni men like him.perharps they will use u to prolong their lives and u trust wat God will do to U.
shizzy7:
THIS MAN IS SOOOO RICH,,

His burial will be an AWOOF party..

Single Ladies where are you
In the man's burial Party you'll find Handsome,, Calm,,Responsible,,Money-miss-road MEN

The kind of parties I like attending BUT not to look for men oooo

AS FOR THE MEN,, Go after this Chick,,that's he's last Born AND you're damn Rich...
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Money can't buy death, this man would have been able to afford it

...................King Solomon said its all vanity!

RIP

If money can buy death,will you buy one?.

Am only asking oo.no offence oo.

I think death is a racist,didn't it see George bush senior,Rothschilds or even queen of England.Why this man or because he's a Nigerian?.I never hear or see a billionaire die,except only he's a Nigerian.we nor go gree oo,we nor go gree.

Rip sir,death will surely visit every home.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Babe2sure(f): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fearcom:

I'm not making a case for him. I don't need to. His businesses scattered all over the globe have several employees, obviously. But one thing I loved about him is that he was a very quiet man, he's wasn't a noise maker at all, despite his wealth, influence, and philanthropic activities. That's why several people NEVER heard about him until now that he died. That's what I call class.

Oh yes, he doesn't flaunt his wealth. I like that about him as well.He was a recluse.
Philanthropic activities? ?? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by malikisah: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

That you know EVERY RICH man in Nigeria! ... Its an achievement I think u deserve an award grin... Smh for some af us sha... cool
very well then!
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by armadeo(m): 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
drnairalov:
yes everything is vanity..his wealth wouldn't follow him..who doesnt know that? but that doesnt mean someone shouldnt strive for God success and wealth

enough of the broke man mentality of e no carry d money along.

RIP DEINDE..one of dose silent billionaires

I planned to say this after reading to the end. My question is this

Deinde was a billionaire no doubt as far back as late 90's his was the name you heard everywhere. A reclusive billionaire. But why are broke people's shouting vanity, did he Cary his money along.

The question is did he stop you from getting rich too? With the little you have have you even touched one life? Why is it in this country it's always what did he do for the poor?

Agreed philanthropy is a lovely gesture but its not by force. I am sure he helped a lot of people and told them to keepbquiet. All the same hustle for yours and help others when it's your turn not sitting down with arms rained up in supplication to the rich.

@nairamaniac
He who said money doesn't buy happiness is shopping in the wrong place.... lovely quote.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by billyG(m): 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
lalasticlala:
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1043410_ANTONIO-DEINDE-FERNANDEZ-IYANIWURA-1_gifd44aa9ba8fd01fa9900e828db455ae24[/img]

Announcing his demise in a tweet at about 9.pm on Tuesday, Nigerian Journalist/Publisher, Dele Momodu, said: “Nigeria, and indeed Africa, has just lost one of its greatest sons; Ambassador Chief Antonio Dehinde Fernandez is gone!”
Details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/breaking-news-billionaire-deinde-fernandez-is-dead/#sthash.cU9cw49Z.dpuf

Meanwhile, if you want to read more about the man and his wealth, follow this nairaland link
https://www.nairaland.com/1241189/antonio-oladeinde-fernandez-nigerias-reclusive-billionaire
Iz he a naijerian?a brazillian Yoruba?or a belgian congo i wuld hav advice him 2 wore a crown in that portrait,he has d Diginity of an Emporer.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by olusholaonipede(f): 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
No, the last born is from the last and 4th wife, Halima Maude from Kano State.

shizzy7:
THIS MAN IS SOOOO RICH,,

His burial will be an AWOOF party..

Single Ladies where are you
In the man's burial Party you'll find Handsome,, Calm,,Responsible,,Money-miss-road MEN

The kind of parties I like attending BUT not to look for men oooo

AS FOR THE MEN,, Go after this Chick,,that's he's last Born AND you're damn Rich...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by stevSKY(m): 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Yes Halima. That's her name.

ItsMeAboki:

Yes, he married a Hausa woman from Kano, I think her name is Halima, maybe she is the one you are talking about.

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by nairamaniac: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
armadeo:

I planned to say this after reading to the end. My question is this

Deinde was a billionaire no doubt as far back as late 90's his was the name you heard everywhere. A reclusive billionaire. But why are broke people's shouting vanity, did he Cary his money along.

The question is did he stop you from getting rich too? With the little you have have you even touched one life? Why is it in this country it's always what did he do for the poor?

Agreed philanthropy is a lovely gesture but its not by force. I am sure he helped a lot of people and told them to keepbquiet. All the same hustle for yours and help others when it's your turn not sitting down with arms rained up in supplication to the rich.

@nairamaniac
He who said money doesn't buy happiness is shopping in the wrong place.... lovely quote.

thanks. nice post from u.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by babaireti(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Abdullateef77:
we have lost a great man

RIP

upon all that money,he just has to leave it
You have lost a GEM,anyway RIP to the dead
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ttmacoy: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
You realize he died aged 78 and lived a fulfilled life right?

I'm not sure the point of all this talk about why his billions didn't save him. He lived, he fulfilled and died.

DankemzI:
Where is his Billions when he needs it the most

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Fearcom(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2015
Babe2sure:

Oh yes, he doesn't flaunt his wealth. I like that about him as well.He was a recluse.
Philanthropic activities? ?? lipsrsealed

My dear I think the world recluse is misunderstood and thrown around a lot all the time. He was what I would call a GLOBETROTTER. When you have six custom made private jets you could be in Florida today and Japan tomorrow and Dominican republic the next three days. I once heard of an instance where he was at his island home and he said he wanted to eat locally made amala and gbegiri soup: he simply jumped on one of his jets, flew into Nigeria where an helicopter took him to Nicon hilton hotel. He had a meal of hot amala, jumped back into the helicopter, went back to his jet and flew back! He was so rich and powerful that When you are super rich with six custom made jets and mansions all over the world, you can't sit in one place. And remember, he didn't have any business enterprises here in Nigeria but he did have in other african countries: oil wells to diamond mines.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by valboy20(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2015
ichidodo:
Yeah, like a billion Years ago...

shi.t don't pay?
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ichidodo: 10:29am On Sep 03, 2015
valboy20:

shi.t don't pay?
Talk of the devil, give right hand and collect left hand.. besides we have a REAL job already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mobile Cook: Man Fries Eggs By Moving From Place To Place / Jimoh Ibrahim Buys 2017 Rolls Royce For N300m As 50th Birthday Gift (Photo) / RAGP (recharge And Get Paid ) Is A Very Big Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.