Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,608 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine (23114 Views)

Four Underage Girls, Others Nabbed During Cult Initiation In Ogun State. Photos / 14-year-old Cultist, Others Nabbed With Gun And Charms In Abia State. Photos / Pastor, Others Nabbed Over ATM Scam, Burglar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by flourish001(m): 2:22am On Sep 02, 2015
A 28-year-old university graduate of Economics, Nonso Akubueze, has been arrested along with four other suspects by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for alleged drug trafficking.

It was learnt that Akubueze and the other suspects – Simon Omoluonye, Obidike Onodyer, Friday Onyeabor and Emma Ifoh – were apprehended at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, with 11.5 kilogrammes of cocaine substances valued at N57m.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the suspects had smuggled the drug into the country from Brazil.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2810290_thesuspects360x225_jpegafce8807b9356b3339c75feb89cf16d5

Akubueze, who was found with 1.1kg of cocaine hidden in his luggage, said he had left Nigeria for Brazil with the hope of getting a good job but his expectation was dashed on getting there.

He said, “I am a 2009 graduate of Economics but I have no job. I left Nigeria in search of job opportunities. My condition of living in Brazil was worse than when I was in Nigeria. It was my friend that gave me the bag containing the drug.”

Omeluonye , 28, said he was to be paid N1m for the mission, adding that he had intended to use the proceed to start a business and further his education.

Forty-year-old Onodyer, told NDLEA investigators that he was paid N200,000 for the 11 wraps of cocaine he ingested.

He said, “Drug trafficking was my last option to free myself from the harsh condition of living in Brazil. Unfortunately, I could only swallow 11 wraps so I was paid N200,000.”

The commander at the MMIA, Mr. Hamza Umar, said the seized drug comprised white and crack cocaine concealed in tins, among others.

He said, “Different methods were adopted in concealing the drug. One of the suspects, Omoluonye, was caught with both white and crack cocaine in tins weighing 7.8kg. Akubueze had 1.1kg by the side of his luggage while Onodyer ingested 11 wraps of cocaine weighing 0.5 grammes. Onyeabor was found with 74 wraps weighing 1.3kg and Ifoh was caught with 34 wraps weighing 0.7 grammes.

“Apart from Onyeabor, who hails from Enugu State, the four other suspects are from Anambra State.”

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, called on members of the public to shun drug trafficking and engage in legitimate business ventures.

http://www.punchng.com/news/graduate-four-others-nabbed-with-n57m-cocaine/

2 Likes

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by donholy28(m): 2:23am On Sep 02, 2015
their own don finish

8 Likes

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by 1stGenius(m): 2:23am On Sep 02, 2015
Let them dance to the tune they initiated.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by Chidexter(m): 3:01am On Sep 02, 2015
Lucky Bastards, its better to be arrested here in your country, than at brazil, only God know wetin dem for do una when caught.

Stay clean, responsible and hardworking thats the way forward

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 02, 2015
Simon Omoluonye,Obidike Onodyer,Friday Onyeabor,Emma Ifoh

Before opening this thread, I made a bet with my sister that they're yeeboes. i don chop her money

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by PentiumPro(f): 3:29am On Sep 02, 2015
Beafraud will be a country of cocaine pushers.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by funlord(m): 5:09am On Sep 02, 2015
grin
They were in love with da "COCO"! Baking soda I hope dey gat baking soda?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by uniklinkum(m): 5:12am On Sep 02, 2015
Just came in to confirm the names and I wasn't disappointed.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by ElekeNtioba: 6:12am On Sep 02, 2015
Kaakulator:

Before opening this thread, I made a bet with my sister that they're yeeboes. i don chop her money

Inbreeder how many rounds (by 3 a.m) did you go with your sister before the bet.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by konkonbilo(m): 6:29am On Sep 02, 2015
The word 'drug' is synonymous to igbo. Yes, I said igbo. When you look at our pharmaceutical industries today in Nigeria, most of them are owned by the igbo, e. g Evans, Dr Meyers etc. Theses are companies owned by the igbos producing our tablets and syrup. E. G practamol and so on(legitimate business men). But when you look at it the other way round, there are still the same group of people found with all kinds of hard drugs e. g cocaine and so on all over the world. It's in the blood and there's nothing anybody can do about it. We can only preach for the bad eggs among them to change their ways and stop giving the country a bad name. Proudly Nigerian.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by fulanimafia: 6:50am On Sep 02, 2015
konkonbilo:
The word 'drug' is synonymous to igbo. Yes, I said igbo. When you look at our pharmaceutical industries today in Nigeria, most of them are owned by the igbo, e. g Evans, Dr Meyers etc. Theses are companies owned by the igbos producing our tablets and syrup. E. G practamol and so on(legitimate business men). But when you look at it the other way round, there are still the same group of people found with all kinds of hard drugs e. g cocaine and so on all over the world. It's in the blood and there's nothing anybody can do about it. We can only preach for the bad eggs among them to change their ways and stop giving the country a bad name. Proudly Nigerian.

This is baseless because the UK is one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturing countries but has one of the lowest rates of drug trafficking among its citizens. How do you rationalize that?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by bigerboy200: 7:10am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmmm...not surprised but jes disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by olasmith10(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2015
Over ambitious nature sometimes sha....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by bigerboy200: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2015
I repeat.. Fear Them..I no mention any name ohhhh... if I say BIA and u add FRAUD and another person says Biafra,na una sabi ohh..my hand no dey dere...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by kennyman2000(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmmm..
Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by Tonniey(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2015
This drugs tinz na luck oooo

1 Like

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by MadCow1: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Dear Fellow Nairaland Afenifere and Odua Tribalists..

This is a collabo crime.

Let's call a truce. grin

Signed..

Ohaneze. cool

6 Likes

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by Burger01(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2015
I just came to check their names. That's all smiley

Igbo Kwenu!smiley

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by gurunlocker: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2015
just waiting for tribalist to comment
Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by Chidexter(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Kaakulator:

Mtchhewww. People like you is the reason why Nigeria isnt moving forward.
Tribalism is totally bad: besides Emma Ifor and Simon Omoluonye doesnt sound igbo to me

Peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by MsRemarkable(f): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
No be small thing o.
Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by Diesel1(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
PentiumPro:
Beafraud will be a country of cocaine pushers.
it pains me that after school there will be no job...... That's d main reason ur parents got divorced #h*rlot

3 Likes

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by blackpanda: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Always igbos!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Coccaine no dey pAy..Nigerian Youths Get that stucked into ur encephallopathy

2 Likes

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by lifezone247(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
donholy28:
His own don finish
Thire own
Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by juliusocean(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
is it that other countries don't have the coco? why naija carry am for head like church work?

imagine u dey inside flight to indonisia na ur phone con dey ring like .......
i'm inlove wit d coco ....baking soda I got baking soda grin

chaii. no b my phone o na my guy own o
Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by efilefun(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
The elders are busy raping while the young ones are busy pushing cocaine... Which way forward
Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by petux(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2015
lols..dae don use deir destiny to play ludo game

1 Like

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by homirefacuny(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Kaakulator:

Stop cracking my ribs.... In other news... Nairabet sure. Your sister enter one chance. Awon Yeebos were jatijati

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by NinaArsenal(f): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2015
E don be for them.
Re: Graduate, Four Others Nabbed With N57m Cocaine by kestolove95(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2015
Igbos again?...nawa o

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Killed By His Family In UK After Being 'possessed By Evil Spirit' / Boko Haram: Vigilantes Threaten To Withdraw From War Front In Borno / Policeman Attacks Immigration Officer In Benue, Breaks Jaw, Tooth (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.