Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA (36237 Views)

Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / Nigerian Embassy Has No Stamp In South Africa, As Man Blasts Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by delishpot: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
majekdom2:
will the problem be solved on here, is this a right channel.... what proof have we that femi collects R120. Why can't he be set up.

It may be solved through this meduim. Someone who has the power may see this post and investigate the said femi or the staff as a whole. He brought his case out so people will know what is happening there. By the look of things he is not the only one that mentioned the illegal 120 rand being collected by staff of the Embassey.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by golddeejay(m): 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Osisie:
Wetin this op still dey do for SA? undecided

Niggaaa, u wan die? lipsrsealed

Come house b4 dem finish u o. angry
And be killed by boko haram, kidnapped or come to others evils we are rearing her instead?
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by kenyad: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2015
This is a petition that must be channel to apprioprate authority. I also sent email to that same embassy in April 2013, I receive no reply until now. I was trying to find out how I could get ETC then. That consulate stinks with corruption with impunity, the problem with Nigeria about service delivery is that civil service had been compromised. This Femi guy is just a least junior officer employed in SA, not posted from Nigeria to SA as I was told. He is damn corrupt that he had made everything money issue. This must be brought to the president attention.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by armadeo(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2015
175:
Who else noticed this thread has been peaceful and with geniue condemnations so far? cheesycheesy

The involvement of a certain Femi and Ifeanyi put the tribal warlords at leash. . . . gringringrin

Igbo and Yoruba, the second bane of Nigeria!
Oya minorities plus Hausa it's a field day gringrin
Alas we won't because we reason better than them!

Lol
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by kenyad: 7:44am On Sep 03, 2015
@Majekdom2, this is real, all the touts that are duping people and helping people to get service from Nigeria Consulate in Johannesburg, work with this guy. I know about three guys that call themselves agent, they all works with him. Although, there are other officers involved but to my experience so far, its Femi.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by kenenbcc: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2015
NA JONATHAN CAUSE AM.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by ayoola648(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2015
hakimade:
are spoiling the nations name more or u are reporting femi to the world?

what are you saying ? how long should they keep covering the truth ?
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by 812clothings(m): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2015
I used to read comments before I make my comment but this morning,it's different.
I'm interested in making this move far and I've sent a mail. pls,send your full name,twitter handle as source.
Thanks.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 03, 2015
typical of Nigeria institutions.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2015
812clothings:
I used to read comments before I make my comment but this morning,it's different.
I'm interested in making this move far and I've sent a mail. pls,send your full name,twitter handle as source.
Thanks.
I replied your email, my name is Ajibola Akinsete. My twitter handle is @madejibo
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by iou: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2015
This is very shameful....however, you can send a petition to the National Assembly's committee on foreign affairs, and also copy the Permanent Secretaries, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Internal Affairs.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 8:49am On Sep 03, 2015
I laugh when people say you need a secret agent to catch Femi and co, you don't need anyone just go there and see. The corruption is not hidden at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by lozanni(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2015
Now I understand how a Lebanese terrorist was able to get a Nigerian Visa using a fake Palestinian Passport: He bribed corrupt Nigerian Embassy officials.
The corrupt officials above do not seem to care that the terrorists they let through, could bomb members of their own families to the after life, so long as their palms get greased with money !!!
PMB should set up a Presidential task-force to undertake unscheduled visits to Nigerian Embassies around the world to nip cases of absenteeism, corruption and non-performance in the bud.

4 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by petermichaels(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmn! 9geria!! Dat "9" wey dey our name show say we no complete in many things. We have a notable,stamped trade mark.....CORRUPTION!!!
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by mystyque: 10:40am On Sep 03, 2015
This needs to be dealt with asap. I believe with adequate publicity and protests against those SA Nigerian embassy folks who feel like demigods, something got to give. Power to the people
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Charly68: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2015
Thank God for social media page- Femi is already in trouble with his Oga patapata at that end.. Baba go slow should replace the Ambassador in that end to give room for efficiency & effectiveness...these diplomats are messing us up in most of the countries they are to represent the nation well..
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by ogashman(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2015
typical Nigerian public servants behavior.
wat surprises me is,everyone one be crying that there re no jobs.but wen given a job finally,they don't do it diligently.even those DAT worked so hard in private firms n later get employment with d federal government,re also bitten by d bug of "unwholesome work ethics".

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by obinnajr(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
IGWE ( BUHARI ) MUST HEAR THIS
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by kastroveli: 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
chai mr femi and mr ifeayin making cool cash
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by hallmarkacademy: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
The writer of the article gave an exact picture of what is happening here. I met ifeanyi and femi personally. I even spoke to them when I was there last week and 5 weeks ago. Nigeria high commission in south africa is smelling and dirty of indecency and corruption. What the writer wrote is an understatement of things there. I was there to re new my passport. I don't know when I alter the statement why I mine a Nigerian? Shameful is an understatement of things there. I wish people in authority can help Nigerians in SA.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Babaelemu: 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
just on 27th of august me n my friend paid femi 2150 rands to help renew our passports cos we too busy to go through the process. on the day of capturing we found out that passport renewal normal fees is just around 1000 rand. damn we rejected not going through the normal process that was a big reap off! that embassy corruption starts from the gateman. i have femi contact can post it here if you all want it
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Babaelemu:
just on 27th of august me n my friend paid femi 2150 rands to help renew our passports cos we too busy to go through the process. on the day of capturing we found out that passport renewal normal fees is just around 1000 rand. damn we rejected not going through the normal process that was a big reap off! that embassy corruption starts from the gateman. i have femi contact can post it here if you all want it

Hi boss please post Femi's contact, if u can't please send me a mail and I will post it. We need to deal with that guy
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by kolaosita4(m): 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Baba most hear dis
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Babaelemu: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
madejibo:

Hi boss please post Femi's contact, if u can't please send me a mail and I will post it. We need to deal with that guy
Boss your re right buh i think the person who should be responsible for ill functioning of the embassy must be the ambassador its either he/she incapable or corrupt. lets deal with the ambassador! !!!!
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by hodusglobal(m): 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good Day Guys! The only way to deal with those guys is by getting some evidence to proof. e.g: photograph or video during the time someone is paying him bribe. If you have this, to report him to the ICPC and EFCC is very easy. They will need an evidence!
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
If you want make we deal with this embassy people, write a collective letter to the president. Mention names as u did here or send the mail/letter to punch news. Our new president dey read papers. Action will be taken immediately. Facebook,twitter,instagram etc.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by kenyad: 7:12am On Sep 04, 2015
I think it will be better to get this beyond nairaland, lets try and write it via news media also. Lets use punch, the nation, premium times, daily trust and others. Please lets rise up in protest against corrupt civil service, it is now or never cause we have a president that is ready to combat corruption. I will suggest a nation wide protest against corruption in our public institutions.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by xtgozie(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2015
This is a matter type we handle here. I suggest the person concerned lodged complaints through the union of Nigerians in SA. I know they are strong and also the person should get full names of these people and make this into a letter forwarded to the Foreign Affairs Minister in Nigeria.

The Union is on Facebook with the name "Nigerian Union South Africa-NUSA"
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 9:59am On Sep 04, 2015
xtgozie:
This is a matter type we handle here. I suggest the person concerned lodged complaints through the union of Nigerians in SA. I know they are strong and also the person should get full names of these people and make this into a letter forwarded to the Foreign Affairs Minister in Nigeria.

The Union is on Facebook with the name "Nigerian Union South Africa-NUSA"
The Union thrives because of corrupt officials in the embassy, is like reporting the devil to a demon. They both work together. The union on its own is frudulent, at times you will go to the embassy and they won't process your request till you bring a letter from the union, to get a letter you have to pay the union

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Some Nigerians in South Africa have lamented alleged corrupt practices of officials of the Nigerian Embassy in Ilovo, Johannesburg.

They accused the officials of high-handedness in several things, including the collection of illegal fees for confirmation of driving licenses and passport renewal.

According to them, Nigerians go through hardship to do all these things while their foreign counterparts are given better treatment.

Ayodele Efunsetan (not real name), who is a student based in Johannesburg, told The PUNCH that money was usually collected from Nigerians by the embassy for them to have their driving licenses converted to South Africa’s.

Efunsetan, who has stayed in South Africa for two years, narrated an experience he had while processing a driving license.

He said, “The process is usually very simple. South African authorities will send the Nigerian embassy a message, asking for a confirmation of your Nigerian driving license and after that, the person is issued the South African license.

“My friend stays in Cape Town, and he met someone in the Traffic department of the embassy, who sent a message via an e-mail to the Nigerian embassy three months ago. There was no response. From Cape Town to Johannesburg, it is just 20 hours by road and two hours by flight.

“Since I stay in Johannesburg, I went to the embassy. The workers said they did not receive any message. I told my friend and he pleaded with the South-African officials to resend the message, which they did on August 24.”

Efunsetan said a week after, there was still no response, forcing him to return to the embassy.

He said after waiting for five hours, he was told the official in charge did not resume for duty. He said he was frustrated because he had yet to bribe the officials.

He lamented that Nigerians in South Africa were made to go through harrowing pain for passport renewal. He noted especially that the two men (names withheld), who sat behind the counters, were behind the problem.

“The legal fee for passport renewal is $160, which you pay online with your credit card. But when you get to the embassy, one of the two men will say you must pay an additional 120 Rand, for which there is no receipt. He says if you want the passport fast, you must pay 2,000 Rand, which is about N28, 000.

“If you don’t pay, your may never get your passport even after six months,” he added.

It was learnt that to get a passport, Nigerians were sometimes mandated to get a letter of recommendation from the Nigerian Union in South Africa.

The association, it was gathered, worked for the Nigerian embassy, and in a way, it was an avenue to milk Nigerian citizens in South Africa.

Another Nigerian, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said people were mandated to pay 2,500 Rands to be a member of the group.

“If you want to get a new passport, they will ask you to bring a letter from the Nigerian Union. This union actually works pari pasu with the embassy. And before you get their letter, you must pay 2,500 Rands, which is the registration fee.

“Foreigners, who go to the embassy because they want to travel to Nigeria, get their visa the same day. I asked a foreigner I met at the embassy if he was coming for the first time and he said ‘yes.’ I asked him when he would be travelling to Nigeria and he said the next day. This man got his visa the same day. They call it ‘Express Visa’ and the fee is very high,” he said.

Another Nigerian, who did not want to be identified, said there was a syndicate in the embassy in Johannesburg.

The Cape Town-based worker alleged that one of the two men behind the counter in the Nigerian embassy headed the syndicate and the Nigerian Union was the group’s tool.

He said, “Firstly, you have to have a US dollar account to pay for the passport application online. Because majority of Nigerians don’t have that, the Nigerian Union in South Africa collaborate with officials of the embassy and the Nigeria Immigration to use their personal account to transact the payment of the fee and charge about 600 to 800 Rand.”
www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-in-safrica-decry-corruption-in-embassy/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos / Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.