Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? (2222 Views)

African Union Taps Buhari To Lead Anti-corruption Fight In Africa. / Why South-east Lost Senate Presidency - Okorocha / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by OutlukBabe(f): 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2009
u too

Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by Horus(m): 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2009
[img]http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/media/ALeqM5iua9j-Xr04VU8vzW0WEEdElLmIJw[/img]
South African President Kgalema Motlanthe

[size=15pt]South Africa hails G20 commitment to developing nations[/size]

LONDON (AFP) — South African President Kgalema Motlanthe said Thursday the G20 summit had agreed to protect financing for developing countries, and pledged to conclude talks on a new global trade deal.
Motlanthe said his country, the only African country present in the G20, was "quite pleased with what came out of this summit".
"There's a recognition,  that the developing countries offer an opportunity for growth," he said. "There's a commitment to ensure that developing countries receive finances particularly in infrastructure."
He added that the previously agreed Gleneagles aid commitments would be honoured.
Motlanthe also said leaders had agreed that the Doha development round of trade talks, which world leaders have struggled to finish, "will be concluded," although did not put a firm timescale on this happening.

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hZvq9Y2SbOPwjXNYaWaW4KL0EsoQ
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by blacksta(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2009
Waste of time summit
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2009
Yar Adua must feel bad not to be in that picture.
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by mustafar1: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2009
what makes you think he knows the picture was taken? or know such a summit was worth being at?
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by bawomolo(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2009
They should have invited bashir of Sudan. That way they can arrest the gay during the G-20 meetings.
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by beystwin: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2009
Just to put things into perspective for all of you who think Nigeria deserves an invite, Our economy of 150 million people  is $100 million (US dollars) smaller than that of Czech Republic's. Czech is 10 m people.

I thought Nigerian economy was larger than that of Czech.

Czech Republic: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ez.html
Nigeria: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by naijaman7: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2009
U know what guys, even if the "AU" represented Africa or even every president it still wouldn't make a difference, cos believe me they would have nothing to offer, if they did it would have reflected down here and as for the South Africans been invited,it really didn't excite me cos at the end of the day the whole "20's" will still put their various countries first so guys lets not feel cheated, there is no collective benefit.
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by strangleyo: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2009
Just to re-iterate? What makes any of you think Nigeria is worthy of a G-20 invite?

Tell me 1 virtue we have, 1 thing that makes us important other than our OPEC membership. Please.

1 THING??
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 03, 2009
Why was anyone expecting Naija on that list? Are we Africans really dumb? I mean look at us. We have arable land and the people still starve? Bleep the resources. Food and shelter first. Stop sending aid money to Africa please. If the people get hungry and they can't farm, let them die. We are talking of landmass that is 80% arable yet more than 60% Africans don't have enough food. Zimbabwean idiots have a land mass 90% Arable yet they can't capitalize on the land. If the people don't starve, other things will be become simple to solve. Are we really dumb in Africa? Rain forest dey yafun yafun yet some bozos are waiting for aid? Starve to death idiots or go to farm.

I didn't mean to discriminate against my own people but the fact that we none of these leaders or even the people see arable land as an 100% cure for starvation. Grown men doing banbiala at G.20 meeting.
Re: Why South Africa Instead Of African Union? by panafrican(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2009
They invited South Africa  because its has european( white )population, that is it. The mindset against Africa has thousand lives. It won't die.
Just disgusting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Goal Is To Become First Black Councillor In The Hague — Osuji, Nigerian / The Spate Of Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives in the US Is Alarming / Pdp Exposes Buhari On Corruption •gets Ribadu's Record Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.