Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse (8916 Views)

Is Allah Everywhere, Sees Everything? / Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? / Allah Will Condemn Men Who Do Not Satisfy Their Women Sexually -imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by HAkorehdeh(m): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Whenever the salaf were asked "Where is Allah" they reply "Allah is on his throne above the seventh heavens. Ar rahman alal arshi stawa
I doubt if you even read the thread from the beginning. It's been treated already!

1 Like

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
I doubt if you even read the thread from the beginning. It's been treated already!

Bros its a question and i only replied. any problem with that?
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by HAkorehdeh(m): 8:12am On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Bros its a question and i only replied. any problem with that?
which of the two groups do you then support?
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
which of the two groups do you then support?

The first group are the only correct group and that's the general consensus of the scholars. Also regarding the second group, Ibn taymiyah has made that easy for us. Allah is everywhere by his knowledge,he does not unite with his creation
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by HAkorehdeh(m): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

The first group are the only correct group and that's the general consensus of the scholars. Also regarding the second group, Ibn taymiyah has made that easy for us. Allah is everywhere by his knowledge,he does not unite with his creation
Anyways... I'm with the the second group!.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Empiree: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2015
This is a very simple subject. It simply depends on how texts are interpreted. But practical experience helps a lot further. Interpreting sacred text sometimes is like a couple texting one another from different locations and they can easily misunderstood each other. Do you people ever noticed that?.

As for opinion of medieval scholars, it's basically their opinion. It's not 100% binding on all muslims. Thats why we see even in their times there were differences. Thats why in most of their fatawa, they usually end with "waAllah Alam". While I believe Allah is above His arsh, that He has Hands etc...these are symbolical or metaphorical. But to believe Allah actually has hands like human is blasphemy. That's literal interpretation...because Allah said there is nothing like Him.

On the other hand, the idea that Allah is everywhere (whatever that means to individual muslim) is a lot more reasonable. We know that even if a man hides himself in the darkest spot on earth Allah see him. Meaning His presence (whatever that means) is there. Now, the difference btw Muslims and non-muslims is they would say (for example) Allah is here(object/subject) and that (subject/object) is God in their creed. This is common in Hinduism/Christianity. That's where they got it wrong. But this is not the case of Muslims - regardless of factions.

Also, believe it or not, Allah's names are in everything. YES, everything. This is beyond theoretical approach. I gave example above, like people who do dhikr a lot are familiar with this. I dont think i should say much now so that some brothers here dont get confused.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Whenever the salaf were asked "Where is Allah" they reply "Allah is on his throne above the seventh heavens. Ar rahman alal arshi stawa

Ma sha Allah. What we say is that you cannot interpret those verses literally. That verse is among the "mutashabihat (ambigous) verses". Allah however gave other verses known as "muhkamat (clear verses)", and made these clear ones as the FOUNDATION OF QURAN upon which the ambiguous ones should be interpreted. {surah al-Imran: 7}

Allah cannot be confined to a Chair or Throne for He is As-Samad - He depend NOT on anything. And having a place to sit literally signify He has a body, shape and structure. Allah is beyond what we ascribe unto Him: "Subhana Rabbika Rabil izati ama yasifun..." {Quran says}.

Interestingly when your shuyukh are ask about the following verse esp. the bold part, they reason it cannot be interpreted literally:

Do you not see that Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth? Nowhere is there a secret counsel between three persons but He is the fourth of them, nor (between) five but He is the sixth of them, nor less than that nor more but He is with them wheresoever they are ; then He will inform them of what they did on the day of resurrection: surely Allah is Cognizant of all things. {surah mujadalah:,7}

Why were they flexible in this ayah but RIGID in the other? Ulterior motives or double-standard?
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:

Ma sha Allah. What we say is that you cannot interpret those verses literally. That verse is among the "mutashabihat (ambigous) verses". Allah however gave other verses known as "muhkamat (clear verses)", and made these clear ones as the FOUNDATION OF QURAN upon which the ambiguous ones should be interpreted. {surah al-Imran: 7}

Allah cannot be confined to a Chair or Throne for He is As-Samad - He depend NOT on anything. And having a place to sit literally signify He has a body, shape and structure. Allah is beyond what we ascribe unto Him: "Subhana Rabbika Rabil izati ama yasifun..." {Quran says}.

Interestingly when your shuyukh are ask about the following verse esp. the bold part, they reason it cannot be interpreted literally:

Do you not see that Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth? Nowhere is there a secret counsel between three persons but He is the fourth of them, nor (between) five but He is the sixth of them, nor less than that nor more but He is with them wheresoever they are ; then He will inform them of what they did on the day of resurrection: surely Allah is Cognizant of all things. {surah mujadalah:,7}

Why were they flexible in this ayah but RIGID in the other? Ulterior motives or double-standard?

I'm not a mufassir plus its a sensitive topic so i'll leave it there but what i'm telling you is that as long as there was hardly any salaf who diagreed with Allah's being on his throne above the seventh heaven, then the case is closed. We do not know more than the salaf
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
babylolaroy:

al baqir....Allah rose over a throne.kilo awkward ninu iyen. He attributed face and hands to himself, kilo bad ninu iyen. much as yu may apply logic to interpret quran, you cant twist all the words and arrive at the conclusion that literal interpretations are not befitting

Salam alaykum dear sister. Otojometa. Welcome back on board.

The issue of "He rose on the throne" has been treated already. Please read and digest. Nobody is here to impose any beliefs on anybody.

As per hands and face of Allah

There are many verses in the glorious Quran that talks about "hands of Allah"; alas, the context vis-a-vis the meaning to these 'symbol' are different. Lets consider these two verses:

1. And the Jew says: The Hand of Allah is tied up! Their hands shall be shackled and they shall be cursed for what they say. Nay, both His hands are spread out, He expends as He pleases... {Surah maidah: 64}

How can a reasonable person say Allah has a real, literal hand (haqiqi) going through this blessed verse? "Do they not ponder upon the Quran?" ~Quran challenges.

Even in every language if we say somebody's hand is tied up, it simply means the person is miser. While spreading or open hands signify philanthropy.

2. Surely those who swear allegiance to you do but swear allegiance to Allah; the hand of Allah is above their hands. Therefore whoever breaks (his faith), he breaks it only to the injury of his own soul...{surah al-fath: 10}

What does hand of Allah means here? Can this be literal as the opponent claims? This is allegiance, bay'a, imule. Allah's hand is over or above their hands: Meaning He is aware of their allegiance.

His face
And to Allah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn your faces, there is the face of Allah {baqarah: 115}

Everything must pass away. And there will endure for ever the face of your Lord {Rahman:26-27}.

If all of you are hell bent that His face and hand are Haqiqi (real, literal), since according to the last verse quoted above that EVERYTHING (KULU) will perish except His Face, so does His hands, legs (hadith mention legs and fingers) and body too will perish?

Quran challenges in many places that only people of understanding, those who reflect, those who think are the ones being address.

Face, hand, throne, chair are Figurative expression as your shuyukh says "He is everywhere" in surah mujadalah is figurative .

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by dekatrons(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
babylolaroy:

al baqir....Allah rose over a throne.kilo awkward ninu iyen. He attributed face and hands to himself, kilo bad ninu iyen. much as yu may apply logic to interpret quran, you cant twist all the words and arrive at the conclusion that literal interpretations are not befitting
Since question wasn't directed to me courtesy demand that I should allow the appropriate person answer the above question
But I will also like to ask you a question,saying Allah attributed an eye a hand a mouth to Himself do you by any means mean dat He possess needs in d sense that He needs the eyes to see,the mouth to talk,the hand nd feet to move? If yes are you going against His attribute which says He is free of need?...if no...what sense does it make having what you dnt need...since ALLAH Does nothing in vein....
pls be kind to throw more light on this really want to know what you actually mean
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I'm not a mufassir plus its a sensitive topic so i'll leave it there but what i'm telling you is that as long as there was hardly any salaf who diagreed with Allah's being on his throne above the seventh heaven, then the case is closed. We do not know more than the salaf
Aareonakakanfo:

I think the problem here is that you haven't study countless of Sunni top Ulama who refuted Ibn Taymiyyah on his theories that Allah's hand, face, leg and body are literal and that He sits on the throne literally; and that He moves from one place to the other.

Among the great Sunni Ulama that refuted Ibn Taymiyyah were:

1. Sheikh Taqi al-Din Subki (d. 735) in his "ar-Rasael al-Subkiyya ala Ibn Taymiyyah"

2. Imam Ibn Hajar al-Haythami in his "al-Fatawa al-hadithiya" p. 116, p. 203.

3. Abu Hayyan al-Andalusi in his "an-Nahr al-Maad"

4. Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in his "Fath al-Barr" vol. 13, p. 410; vol. 12, p. 202 {kitab at-Tawhid}

5. Sheik Muhammad Ouwayss from al-Ahzar in his book "Ibn Taymiyyah laysa salafiyyan"

There are many other Sunni Ulama of Ibn Taymiyyah contemporary. These scholars did not only refuted him, but also gave formal legal opinion (fatawa) that Ibn Taymiyyah was misguided and misguiding in tenets of faith and warned people from accepting his theories.
{English/Arabic Traditional Sunni Manual of Shariah. Reliance of the Traveller ('Umdat al-Salik): A classical manual of sacred law" by Ahmad Ibn al-Naqib al-Misri (d. 769). Publish by Sunni Books, 1991, 1993}

The Hanafi Scholar Muhammad Zahid al-Kawthari writes:

Whoever thinks that all the scholars of his (Taymiyyah) time joined in a single conspiracy against him from personal envy should rather impugn their own intelligence and understanding, after studying the repugnance of his deviations in beliefs and works, for which he was asked to repent time after time and moved from prison to prison until he passed on to what he'd sent ahead."

Ibn Taymiyyah was never sent to prison by any tyrant ruler of his time rather the fatawa of the Sunni scholars of his time end him in prison.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:

I think the problem here is that you haven't study countless of Sunni top Ulama who refuted Ibn Taymiyyah on his theories that Allah's hand, face, leg and body are literal and that He sits on the throne literally; and that He moves from one place to the other.

Among the great Sunni Ulama that refuted Ibn Taymiyyah were:

1. Sheikh Taqi al-Din Subki (d. 735) in his "ar-Rasael al-Subkiyya ala Ibn Taymiyyah"

2. Imam Ibn Hajar al-Haythami in his "al-Fatawa al-hadithiya" p. 116, p. 203.

3. Abu Hayyan al-Andalusi in his "an-Nahr al-Maad"

4. Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in his "Fath al-Barr" vol. 13, p. 410; vol. 12, p. 202 {kitab at-Tawhid}

5. Sheik Muhammad Ouwayss from al-Ahzar in his book "Ibn Taymiyyah laysa salafiyyan"

There are many other Sunni Ulama of Ibn Taymiyyah contemporary. These scholars did not only refuted him, but also gave formal legal opinion (fatawa) that Ibn Taymiyyah was misguided and misguiding in tenets of faith and warned people from accepting his theories.
{English/Arabic Traditional Sunni Manual of Shariah. Reliance of the Traveller ('Umdat al-Salik): A classical manual of sacred law" by Ahmad Ibn al-Naqib al-Misri (d. 769). Publish by Sunni Books, 1991, 1993}

The Hanafi Scholar Muhammad Zahid al-Kawthari writes:

Whoever thinks that all the scholars of his (Taymiyyah) time joined in a single conspiracy against him from personal envy should rather impugn their own intelligence and understanding, after studying the repugnance of his deviations in beliefs and works, for which he was asked to repent time after time and moved from prison to prison until he passed on to what he'd sent ahead."

Ibn Taymiyyah was never sent to prison by any tyrant ruler of his time rather the fatawa of the Sunni scholars of his time end him in prison.

[b]Everything you put up above has been treated by the scholars of sunnah and it will be too long for me to post it here.Ibn baz has treated that,ibn uthaymeen has treated that.I'd try recommending some books for you when i have the chance to.He never said these things, they were all cooked up by his enemies just to defame his character. He was such a genius and some of his peers couldn't help but envy him. One of the staunchest critics of ibn taymiyah was sa'id ramadan al buti.The one who hated shaykh al-albani He said

"And we are amazed when we see the extremists declaring Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allah have mercy upon him, of being an unbeliever. And also at them saying that he was one who held Allah to be a body (mujassid), and I have studied long and hard as to where I could find a statement or a word from Ibn Taymiyyah that he wrote or said which would indicate his holding Allah to be a body as was quoted from him by As-Subki and others [This is a clear indication from Al-Buti of the injustice done against Ibn Taymiyyah by the likes of As-Subki and others], and I have not found anything from him like this. All I found was him saying in his legal rulings, 'Indeed Allah has a Hand as He said, and has risen over the Throne as He said, and He has an Eye as He said.' "

And he adds to this, "I referred to the last work written by Abu'l-Hasan al-Ash'ari, 'Al-Ibanah', and I found him saying exactly what Ibn Taymiyyah said [on the issue of the Names and Attributes of Allah]." ['Nadwa Ittjahat al-Fiqr al-Islami' (pp. 264-265) of Al-Buti]

i can't remember the name of the scholar who refuted ibn hajar al haythami but i'd try getting his name.Even in Nigeria, we once treated all the accusations agianst ibn taymiyah by his enemies and we realized they were all cooked up.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

[b]Everything you put up above have been treated by the scholars of sunnah and it will be too long for me to post it here.Ibn baz has treated that,ibn uthaymeen has treated that.I'd try recommending some books for you when i have the chance to.He never said these things, they were all cooked up by his enemies just to defame his character. He was such a genius and some of his peers couldn't help but envy him. One of the staunchest critics of ibn taymiyah was sa'id ramadan al buti.The one who hated shaykh al-albani He said

"And we are amazed when we see the extremists declaring Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allah have mercy upon him, of being an unbeliever. And also at them saying that he was one who held Allah to be a body (mujassid), and I have studied long and hard as to where I could find a statement or a word from Ibn Taymiyyah that he wrote or said which would indicate his holding Allah to be a body as was quoted from him by As-Subki and others [This is a clear indication from Al-Buti of the injustice done against Ibn Taymiyyah by the likes of As-Subki and others], and I have not found anything from him like this. All I found was him saying in his legal rulings, 'Indeed Allah has a Hand as He said, and has risen over the Throne as He said, and He has an Eye as He said.' "

And he adds to this, "I referred to the last work written by Abu'l-Hasan al-Ash'ari, 'Al-Ibanah', and I found him saying exactly what Ibn Taymiyyah said [on the issue of the Names and Attributes of Allah]." ['Nadwa Ittjahat al-Fiqr al-Islami' (pp. 264-265) of Al-Buti]

i can't remember the name of the scholar who refuted ibn hajar al haythami but i'd try getting his name.Even in Nigeria, we once treated all the accusations agianst ibn taymiyah by his enemies and we realized they were all cooked up.
[/b]

You see Albaqir is very sensitive to letters. You are the one that keep on talking about "salaf salaf salaf" as if all of them agree unanimously on the literal interpretation of the verses in discussion; and you made mention of Ibn Taymiyyah as if he was an authority over every Muslims. I simply need to interject that there are various Sunni Ulama that countered him not to mention of Shi'i Ulama of his time. Should you choose to follow his theories, that's fine but y'all problem is imposing these theories on the neck of others and even declare whoever have a contrast opinion as kafir.

On this very thread, we explore. Not dogmatically adhere to what scholar say.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:

You see Albaqir is very sensitive to letters. You are the one that keep on talking about "salaf salaf salaf" as if all of them agree unanimously on the literal interpretation of the verses in discussion; and you made mention of Ibn Taymiyyah as if he was an authority over every Muslims. I simply need to interject that there are various Sunni Ulama that countered him not to mention of Shi'i Ulama of his time. Should you choose to follow his theories, that's fine but y'all problem is imposing these theories on the neck of others and even declare whoever have a contrast opinion as kafir.

On this very thread, we explore. Not dogmatically adhere to what scholar say.

You said i keep talking about salaf. Who else do you expect us to rely on other than those who lived with the prophet and those who studied from the companions.You? speaking of ibn taymiyah, i mentioned ibn taymiyah specifically because he's the the most famous scholar associated with this topic and he was the one who wrote the most books regarding it. Speaking of the sunni ulama who countered him, i already told you the accusations have been treated by the scholars. As regards the shi'i, you expect me to take seriously people who curse the companions aside the ones from Ali's family? and Sir i never said anyone is a kafir here ooo.

Lastly speaking of the bolded. We're not scholars so its upon us to rely on the general concensus of the scholars.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 4:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

You said i keep talking about salaf. Who else do you expect us to rely on other than those who lived with the prophet and those who studied from the companions.You? speaking of ibn taymiyah, i mentioned ibn taymiyah specifically because he's the the most famous scholar associated with this topic and he was the one who wrote the most books regarding it. Speaking of the sunni ulama who countered him, i already told you the accusations have been treated by the scholars. As regards the shi'i, you expect me to take seriously people who curse the companions aside the ones from Ali's family? and Sir i never said anyone is a kafir here ooo.

Lastly speaking of the bolded. We're not scholars so its upon us to rely on the general concensus of the scholars.

Prophet never ask you to follow anything other than "the Book of Allah and his offspring, the Ahl al-bayt". His blessed statement is crystal clear :"so long you adhere to it, you will NEVER go astray...both (Quran and Ahl al-bayt) will not separate from each other till they meet me at the pool"

There is no guarantee that whatever salad you follow will not deviate from the Quran even within a second. Following them is at your own peril. Kindly read the legacy of the Prophet here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1470614/how-authentic-hadith-leave-amongst

Much have been said about Sunni-Shii issue here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2195624/deen-show-whats-difference-between

You guys love exaggerations a lot. First, the usual slogan is "the Rafidi used to curse the Sahaba". Now additional phrase is being added "except those one of Ali's family". Were Salman al-Farsi, Miqdad al-Aswad, Abu Saeed al-khudri, Abu Ayyub al-Ansari, Muhammad ibn Abu bakar, Bilal, Abu dhar al-Giffari and many other usually praised by the Shia part of Ali's family?

Anyhow on Shahaba-cursing, justice is done here while false taught and thought are put to dust:
https://www.nairaland.com/1903995/religious-authority-sistani-condemns-cursing

We don't need to derail please. Thanks sir.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by MrOlai: 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:

Anyhow on Shahaba-cursing, justice is done here while false taught and thought are put to dust:

Big lie! Taqiya!

Shia rain curses on the first three Caliphs Abubakr, Umar and Uthman (R.A) on their ziyarat-ul- ashura every year!

This is one of the reasons why muslim world descends on them!
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
MrOlai:

Big lie! Taqiya!

Shia rain curses on the first three Caliphs Abubakr, Umar and Uthman (R.A) on their ziyarat-ul- ashura every year!

This is one of the reasons why muslim world descends on them!

You will be kind enough to treat the so-called issue of cursing Sahaba at the appropriate thread. I believe you, abuamam and others contributed in the aforementioned thread while justice was served. So you don't need to be paranoid. Ziyarat ashura was raised in the thread and I responded wholesomely.

Taqiyah? grin you gotta be kidding me bro. Karbala usually welcome the largest religious gathering in the world every year, around 15 - 18 million, for Ashura. And nearly every day of the first 10days of Muharram, Ziyarat Ashura is recited. Your Brothers entertain them with suicide bombers. Tens to hundreds die yet pilgrims never cease. It seem nobody cares with the label of your Taqiyah any longer!
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:

Prophet never ask you to follow anything other than "the Book of Allah and his offspring, the Ahl al-bayt". His blessed statement is crystal clear :"so long you adhere to it, you will NEVER go astray...both (Quran and Ahl al-bayt) will not separate from each other till they meet me at the pool"

There is no guarantee that whatever salad you follow will not deviate from the Quran even within a second. Following them is at your own peril. Kindly read the legacy of the Prophet here:

You guys love exaggerations a lot. First, the usual slogan is "the Rafidi used to curse the Sahaba". Now additional phrase is being added "except those one of Ali's family". Were Salman al-Farsi, Miqdad al-Aswad, Abu Saeed al-khudri, Abu Ayyub al-Ansari, Muhammad ibn Abu bakar, Bilal, Abu dhar al-Giffari and many other usually praised by the Shia part of Ali's family?

Firstly i'm not trying to derail the thread, i'm only passionate about the topic.Secondly you have a way of ignoring everything i say.you will notice i treat everyone of your points one after the other but i can't say the same for you

Back to the topic,

The prophet said you shouldn't follow anything other than the book of Allah. but the question is should you follow the book of Allah according to your own knowledge/interpretations?No. you should practise islam the same way those around him practised it.Is there anyone who understands the book of Allah other than the pious predecessors?No. i think the main issue here is the word salaf which i guess you're not comfortable with.

The pious predecessors were never infaliable and as such when better evidences are presented which negates theirs, then we oppose it and you haven't shown me the better evidences

There's no need to discuss this.The shi'a are not on the right path
Ibn mubarak once warned al fudayl ibn ayyad. that he should never report ahadith from a certain amr bin thabit not to be confused with the comapnion because he use to curse the salaf and al fudayl asked him who are those who curse the salaf and he replied by saying "The shi'a". It should also be known that the pious predecessors including the 6 collectors never took ahahdith from them.

I actually made a mistake Astagfirullah.i meant except those who were loyal to ali. and you got it wrong the Shi'a are of numerous factions. and they curse all the names you mentioned above except those who were loyal to Ali

Its not the condemnation that matters, The doctrines is what matters and the fact that the religious authority condemns it doesn't mean its not part of the core shi'a doctrines. They condemned it probably to avoid violence/backlash in an already tensed situatiom

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
If the whole ayah (verses) of the glorious Quran which "describe Allah" is collapse in just one sentence, this is the sentence in the Quran:

[size=28pt]لَيۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهِۦ شَيۡءٞۖ [/size] [size=28pt]nothing like a likeness of Him; [/size]{Surah Shura, ch. 42: 11}

This, is enough to put literalism of Allah's hand, face, leg, finger, body, chair, throne etc to rest.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:
If the whole ayah (verses) of the glorious Quran which "describe Allah" is collapse in just one sentence, this is the sentence in the Quran:

[size=28pt]لَيۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهِۦ شَيۡءٞۖ [/size] [size=28pt]nothing like a likeness of Him; [/size]{Surah Shura, ch. 42: 11}

This, is enough to put literalism of Allah's hand, face, leg, finger, body, chair, throne etc to rest.

Just a random question are you shi"ee? and please address what i put up above one after the other
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by MrOlai: 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
MrOlai:

Big lie! Taqiya!

Do shia rain curses on the three Caliphs Abubakr, Umar and Uthman (R.A) on their ziyarat-ul- ashura? Yes or No? Albaqir pls answer.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

The prophet said you shouldn't follow anything other than the book of Allah. but the question is should you follow the book of Allah according to your own knowledge/interpretations?No. you should practise islam the same way those around him practised it.Is there anyone who understands the book of Allah other than the pious predecessors?No. i think the main issue here is the word salaf which i guess you're not comfortable with.

Really this is the exact Sahih saying of the Prophet " I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the Book of Allāh – one end of which is in His Hand and the other in your hands – AND my Ahl al-Bayt"

This hadith is Mutawattir. And it is of various sigha. Most of the sigha is highlighted in the link you ignore to read. And the publicized hadith which says "I have left Quran and my sunnah" is exposed to be blatant lie in the thread as stated by Sunni Ulama.

I really love that question of yours "Is there anyone who understand the Book of Allah other than the pious predecessors?" Who are those pious predecessors? All of them or some of them? Hadith Thaqalain which you ignore its link is specific when prophet says: ...both (the Quran and the ahl al-bayt) shall not separated till they meet me at the pool"

And the answer is not far fetched in the Quran also. Allah says:
Most surely it is an honored Quran, In a book that is protected, None shall touch it save the purified ones {surah waqiah: 77-79}

The very literal meaning of this ayah as believed by many mufassir is that "none shall TOUCH it save the purified ones" refer to one who perform Ablution or Ghusl. But going deep, especially when one sees how Allah begins from verse 75 with Swearing upon swearing; and the fact that many touches Quran today without ablution; some even desecrated it. The meaning of "touch" as explain by other mufassir is "interpret".

So Allah introduces the "purified ones" in this ayah:
Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanliness from you, O Ahl al-Bayt! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying {surah ahzab:33}

So I believe while other and every individuals ponder upon the Quran as instructed by Allah, those who have the truest meaning to it are the Ahl al-Bayt.

Aareonakakanfo:

The pious predecessors were never infaliable and as such when better evidences are presented which negates theirs, then we oppose it and you haven't shown me the better evidences

What else do you want?

Aareonakakanfo:

There's no need to discuss this.The shi'a are not on the right path

Your Lord says: "...surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path; and He knows best those who follow the right path{surah Nahl:125}

So who da hell are you to say some are not on the right way?

Aareonakakanfo:

Ibn mubarak once warned al fudayl ibn ayyad. that he should never report ahadith from a certain amr bin thabit not to be confused with the comapnion because he use to curse the salaf and al fudayl asked him who are those who curse the salaf and he replied by saying "The shi'a". It should also be known that the pious predecessors including the 6 collectors never took ahahdith from them.[/color][/b]

Here is Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani:

If someone says: “The narrator of this corroborative ḥadīth (i.e. that of Ajlaḥ) was a Shi’ī, and also in the chain of the main ḥadīth, there is another Shi’ī, and he is Ja’far b. Sulaymān. Does this not justify attack on the ḥadīth and constitute a fault in it?” So, I answer: “Not at all, because the requirements in the transmission of ḥadīth are ONLY truthfulness and sound memory. As for the madhhab (of the narrator), that is between him and his Lord, and He is sufficient for him.

{ Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥmān Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn b. al-Ḥajj Nūḥ b. Tajātī b. Ādam al-Ashqūdrī al-Albānī, Silsilah al-Aḥādīth al-Ṣaḥīḥah wa Shayhun min Fiqhihāh wa Fawāidihāh (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Ma’ārif li al-Nashr wa al-Tawzī’; 1st edition, 1415 H), vol. 5, p. 262, # 2223}

Aareonakakanfo:

]I actually made a mistake Astagfirullah.i meant except those who were loyal to ali. and you got it wrong the Shi'a are of numerous factions. and they curse all the names you mentioned above except those who were loyal to Ali][/b]

Its not about the condemnation that matters, The doctrines is what matters and the fact that the religious authority condemns it doesn't mean its not part of the core shi'a doctrines

[/quote]

Anyway if you refuse to read the linked thread, and rigidly want to adhere to your belief on this, I simply cannot force you.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by MrOlai: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Just a random question are you shi"ee?

He'll answer you tomorrow grin grin grin

To know the answer, check his previous posts and topics in his profile!

This is one of the tactics he uses in indoctrinating unsuspecting Muslims into Shi'ism!
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:

Really this is the exact Sahih saying of the Prophet " I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the Book of Allāh – one end of which is in His Hand and the other in your hands – AND my Ahl al-Bayt"

This hadith is Mutawattir. And it is of various sigha. Most of the sigha is highlighted in the link you ignore to read. And the publicized hadith which says "I have left Quran and my sunnah" is exposed to be blatant lie in the thread as stated by Sunni Ulama.

I really love that question of yours "Is there anyone who understand the Book of Allah other than the pious predecessors?" Who are those pious predecessors? All of them or some of them? Hadith Thaqalain which you ignore its link is specific when prophet says: ...both (the Quran and the ahl al-bayt) shall not separated till they meet me at the pool"

And the answer is not far fetched in the Quran also. Allah says:
Most surely it is an honored Quran, In a book that is protected, None shall touch it save the purified ones {surah waqiah: 77-79}

The very literal meaning of this ayah as believed by many mufassir is that "none shall TOUCH it save the purified ones" refer to one who perform Ablution or Ghusl. But going deep, especially when one sees how Allah begins from verse 75 with Swearing upon swearing; and the fact that many touches Quran today without ablution; some even desecrated it. The meaning of "touch" as explain by other mufassir is "interpret".

So Allah introduces the "purified ones" in this ayah:
Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanliness from you, O Ahl al-Bayt! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying {surah ahzab:33}

So I believe while other and every individuals ponder upon the Quran as instructed by Allah, those who have the truest meaning to it are the Ahl al-Bayt.

What else do you want?

Your Lord says: "...surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path; and He knows best those who follow the right path{surah Nahl:125}

So who da hell are you to say some are not on the right way?

Here is Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani:

If someone says: “The narrator of this corroborative ḥadīth (i.e. that of Ajlaḥ) was a Shi’ī, and also in the chain of the main ḥadīth, there is another Shi’ī, and he is Ja’far b. Sulaymān. Does this not justify attack on the ḥadīth and constitute a fault in it?” So, I answer: “Not at all, because the requirements in the transmission of ḥadīth are ONLY truthfulness and sound memory. As for the madhhab (of the narrator), that is between him and his Lord, and He is sufficient for him.

{ Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥmān Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn b. al-Ḥajj Nūḥ b. Tajātī b. Ādam al-Ashqūdrī al-Albānī, Silsilah al-Aḥādīth al-Ṣaḥīḥah wa Shayhun min Fiqhihāh wa Fawāidihāh (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Ma’ārif li al-Nashr wa al-Tawzī’; 1st edition, 1415 H), vol. 5, p. 262, # 2223}

Its not about the condemnation that matters, The doctrines is what matters and the fact that the religious authority condemns it doesn't mean its not part of the core shi'a doctrines

Anyway if you refuse to read the linked thread, and rigidly want to adhere to your belief on this, I simply cannot force you.

Please i'm busy right now. i'll respond to you when i'm free
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Empiree: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Now, this thread is being sabotaged. It's now about Sunni-Shia rumble. That's old.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Please i'm busy right now. i'll respond to you when i'm free

Just to add to the initial comment of Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani, in order to clear your myth and pseudo-information that none of your 6 most "authentic sahih" recorded any hadith from the shi'a.

Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748) writes:

The minor bid'ah: Like extreme Shi'ism, or like moderate Shi'ism, for this was widespread among the Tabi'in and their followers, despite their devotion, piety and truthfulness. If the ahadith of these people were rejected, part of the teachings of the Prophet would be lost, and that would be a clear evil...
{Mizan al-I'tidal fi Naqd al-Rijal, vol. 1, p. 5-6, #2 (Beirut: 1st edition; 1382H)}

Imam al-Bukhari alone in his Sahih reported hundreds of ahadith from hundreds of Rafidi, Shii.

Please be my guest to contest this!

@Empiree what do you expect from these brothers. They love derailing a lot.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlBaqir:

Just to add to the initial comment of Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani, in order to clear your myth and pseudo-information that none of your 6 most "authentic sahih" recorded any hadith from the shi'a.

Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748) writes:

The minor bid'ah: Like extreme Shi'ism, or like moderate Shi'ism, for this was widespread among the Tabi'in and their followers, despite their devotion, piety and truthfulness. If the ahadith of these people were rejected, part of the teachings of the Prophet would be lost, and that would be a clear evil...
{Mizan al-I'tidal fi Naqd al-Rijal, vol. 1, p. 5-6, #2 (Beirut: 1st edition; 1382H)}

Imam al-Bukhari alone in his Sahih reported hundreds of ahadith from hundreds of Rafidi, Shii.

Please be my guest to contest this!

@Empiree what do you expect from these brothers. They love derailing a lot.

Ooooh i see so you're even Shi'ee.Allaahu musta'aan.Why am i even wasting my time sef no wonder you were getting insultive because you couldn't refute me.Goodbye Sir

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by MrOlai: 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Ooooh i see so you're even Shi'ee.Allaahu musta'aan.Why am i even wasting my time sef no wonder you were getting insultive because you couldn't refute me.Goodbye Sir

Lol! grin grin grin grin grin grin...
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by sino(m): 12:49am On Sep 10, 2015
Assalam alaykum brothers and sisters,

Allah (SWT) says in the glorious Qur’an:

Sahih International

It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.

Muhsin Khan

It is He Who has sent down to you (Muhammad SAW) the Book (this Quran). In it are Verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundations of the Book [and those are the Verses of Al-Ahkam (commandments, etc.), Al-Fara'id (obligatory duties) and Al-Hudud (legal laws for the punishment of thieves, adulterers, etc.)]; and others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation (from the truth) they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking Al-Fitnah (polytheism and trials, etc.), and seeking for its hidden meanings, but none knows its hidden meanings save Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord." And none receive admonition except men of understanding. (Tafsir At-Tabari). (Quran 3 vs 7)

The Prophet (SAW) was reported to have said:

"No people go astray after being given guidance except that they are given to (useless) dispute." [Al-Tirmidhi]

One of the beliefs of a Muslim, is to believe in the names and attributes of Allah (SWT), believing in its completeness and perfection without similitude to his creation or deficiency, He (SWT) chose to describe Himself the way that befits His Majesty and Grandeur…So when Allah (SWT) says: He is the all seeing, the all knowing, He rose over His arsh, He(SWT) has hands, believers would see Him (SWT) in paradise, He (SWT) descends(befitting His majesty and essence) in the last part of the night etc. we believe without questioning “how” or explaining the modalities (kayfiyyah), we take and believe what is apparent (in interpretation and meaning), and worry not about the ambiguity, for Allah (SWT) had clarified what is expected of us (see Quran verse above) and all these (names and attributes of Allah (SWT) ) are well documented and happens to be the interpretation and position of the Prophet (SAW), his companions and the righteous predecessors, hence, I see no reason for a debate, rather I see a fitnah, one in which all Muslims with intellect should flee from.

Ibn Qudamah Al-Hanbali writes:

“Imam Abu Abdillah Muhammad Ibn Idries Ash-Shafi’ie said: “I believe in Allah and in what revelation tells about Him, in the manner He intended and I believe in the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, in the manner he intended”. [“Al-Irshad Sharh Al-Luma Al-I’tiqaad”, 89].

And of the best response to give by a Muslim when asked where is Allah (SWT) is Allah's (SWT) statement:

[size=20pt]الرَّحْمَٰنُ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ اسْتَوَىٰ[/size]

Sahih International
The Most Merciful [who is] above the Throne established.

Muhsin Khan
The Most Beneficent (Allah) Istawa (rose over) the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). (Qur’an 20 vs 5)

Allah (SWT) knows best!

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 8:27am On Sep 10, 2015
@Sino, though your input has been explore already but thanks for your contribution anyway. The funniest part is that you also subscribe to the literalism of Allah having a body, hand, leg and face. And that He sit on the Chair in heavens. My question is what made your Shuyukh interpreted " He is wheresoever you are" (Quran) as non-literal but hell-bent to say "He rose on the throne" is literal?

However, whichever ways according to Quran you choose to describe Allah, the way He describe Himself, Allah want us to have this conclusion:
سُبۡحَٰنَ رَبِّ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ رَبِّ ٱلۡعَرۡشِ عَمَّا يَصِفُونَ Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of power, from what they describe.

Even His Asmaul husna do not do justice to His Essence. Bottom line Allah do not possess LITERAL hand, leg, face, body and does not depend on a chair or throne to sit.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by AlBaqir(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Very unfortunate, man. Your accusations know no bounds. You must have been a JJC on this forum to note that Albaqir is a Shii. And beside, "Albaqir being insultive?" grin Ask your men, MrOlai, abuamam, et al, we've debated a lot on Shiism so I found it amusing when you laid that amateur claim. Lastly, when you say I couldn't refute you, please note, I personally do not engage in a "win-loss dialogue". Usually a person with big mouth do consider himself to have won a debate. Quran gave a guideline for dialogue {Surah an-Nahl:125}. I always try my best to adhere to it. Check my record on NL. The reason why I skipped many of your challenges is simply to avoid derailment of this thread. You guys, MrOlai, love to derail thread. I have already cited like 3 different threads that addressed your challenges but you ignore all of them and now claiming winner oh oh winner.

This thread is so beautiful that what we explore is Quran not Shia. Funny enough you cannot even stomach the opposite view of Sunni scholars that supported the second view. That is not academic. I see your resort ["so you are even a shee'a"] as a fast route of escape. MrOlai, I descibe you with hyena descriptions. He feeds on carcass left by the lions.

Anyway, Salam alaykum and cheers, men.

"...many go astray by it (Quran) and many are lead aright by it. No one go astray except Fasiqun"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse by MrOlai: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Mu'awiyah as-Sahmi reported: "I had some sheep which I kept between 'Uhud and Juwaniyyah with a slave-girl to look after them. One day, I went out to check on my sheep and discovered that a wolf had devoured one of them. Since I am just a human, (I became angry) and struck the girl.

Later on, I came to the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam and reported to him the incident. He terrified me with the gravity of my action. I said, 'Messenger of Allah'! Shall I free her (as an expiation of my sin.) He said 'Call her over'. When I did, he asked her, 'Where is Allah?'She said, 'Above the heavens'. Then he asked her, 'Who am I?' She said, 'The Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam'. Thereupon, the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam ordered me, 'Free her. She is a believer.' " [Imam Muslim, Abu Dawud, and others]

The above hadith, according to Shaykh Kahlil al-Harras, is a luminous proof of the Loftiness of Allah, the Exalted. Here is a man who wronged his female slave by striking her, and wanted to expiate his sin by giving her freedom in return. The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam chose one particular question, Where is Allah?' Then the slave girl gave him the correct answer, Above the heaven'. The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam declared her to be a believer. Does not the above the hadith stand as a solid proof that Allah is above the heaven? Doubtlessly, that slave girl, the shepherdess, knew her Rabb more than those ignorantly claim that Allah is everywhere!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zakat Calculation On Money At Your Finger Tips. / Reflect On These Quran Verses Anytime You Want To Commit A Sin / Jumah Mufeedah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.