Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Why African Women Must Go Natural - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why African Women Must Go Natural (33462 Views)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Gorgeous Big Booty East African Women / Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by MrBasketball: 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
Blossom023:

I only defended my fellow lady cos your reply was rude. I can compare them, the same way people over use their phones,the same way people over use these weavons.. That is their own problem. Don't impose your believe on anyone please.
Nawao...

Laziness in typing no good. cheesy

How i wish today is next week in which i will pick my typing form... I would have let you know some. embarassed
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
fayahsoul:

My nigga am just short of words. The level of ignorance being displayed here is outstanding. Imagine people saying whites invented soap, tooth paste, shaving stick, tooth brush and every other item in the market. They dont know that there was a time in europe when bathing was abhored. It was the black moors from west africa who changed their thinking. In fact there was a saying then that a moor might lack anything but not soap. They were obsessed with hygiene. I have said it before and i will say it again, most parents of today are not honourable becos they are the primary agents of socialization. They transmit their self-hate and inferority complex to posterity using religion as a vehicle. The fundamental tenets of religion are anti-african in all ramifications. This intergenerational madness can be traced all the way back to slavery and colonization.

The tragic thing about your angry post/rant is.....
....that are right....very right
@natural hair......the truth is that the black woman has embodied the white beauty stereotype....without being aware of it
This is intergenerational......and will take a major revolution ...that WILL be resisted thoroughly, fiercely, "liberated-ly" by BLACKS to curb this malady
We have embodied white weddings too....and giving children white names to reflect our levels of enlightenment lipsrsealed
......however, I do not mean to digress, and those are arguably more excusable.....so back to hair...which we are not (dodgy )as I quote Mz Badu

I think it will be easier to get Africans to accept homosexuality and all its ramifications that it will be to get us to embrace our natural hair! cry
And that is saying a lot seeing how anti-gay our society is!
Gawd! This is sad, big time
It embarrasses me like no end to see the "beautiful" hairdos we have with Brazilian, Indian, Peruvian, synthetic and Martian hair!

A girl in primary school has her hair permed to make it more manageable! shocked
You see what you are up against?
Total embodiment! While being unaware....and resisting
If we all grew up just dealing with our natural hair......no one would be angry when asked to drop weaves
......because we would have all been horrified by them! And rightfully so !!!

Difference between our approaches is that while you are angry and blaming and cussing out women / us
...I am angry at the people who sold us their culture as gold ! I just feel overwhelmingly sorry for us....
I could break things, honestly cry

I once saw some white and Asian women laughing at a black lady with weaves...after one of them had gone to her, touched her hair and asked her something I didnt hear....she was replying and fiddling with her her "humanrightshair" ...just the way a long haired white would toy with her hair as she flirts
Oh the snickers! They laughed at and made fun of her
I wish it happened now...I would have gone up staright to them to punch out a face....the most smirking one of them! Or two faces!!
Nanchench
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
MrBasketball:

Nawao...

Laziness in typing no good. cheesy

How i wish today is next week in which i will pick my typing form... I would have let you know some. embarassed

Concern you... If you guys feel that girls should change, say it politely. Please, don't result to calling of names. It's not right.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by MrBasketball: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Blossom023:

Concern you... If you guys feel that girls should change, say it politely. Please, don't result to calling of names. It's not right.

Guys are always on point so adhere to it.

And who told you am a guy? sad
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
Blossom023:

I only defended my fellow lady cos your reply was rude. I can compare them, the same way people over use their phones,the same way people over use these weavons.. That is their own problem. Don't impose your believe on anyone please.
Look, scientific and technological advancement is a global effort. If you visit the research and development department of the various companies that manufacture these devices you would see a conglomerate of races. Blacks have invented many things of which i know you are unaware of. Also bear in mind that the tech advancements we see today was built on an african foundation. Nothing is new under the sun and what you see today is actualy a crude version of what was. Dont get sh1t twisted. Technology is the best known efficient means to an end. Anyone that can afford it benefits from it. It has nothing to do with inferiority complex. However when you look in the mirror and feel some physical, spiritual or mental aspect of you is inadquate and substandard and at the same time envy and admire the nature of those corresponding attributes in another race of people then you have a complex. This complex which is inferior then compels you to buy and attach those items that mimic those of the other races thereby giving you a false sense of selfesteem,confidence and sophistication. Now that's self hate and inferiority complex. Why is this so difficult for you lot to understand?
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
milychocs:

The tragic thing about your angry post/rant is.....
....that are right....very right
@natural hair......the truth is that the black woman has embodied the white beauty stereotype....without being aware of it
This is intergenerational......and will take a major revolution ...that WILL be resisted thoroughly, fiercely, "liberated-ly" by BLACKS to curb this malady
We have embodied white weddings too....and giving children white names to reflect our levels of enlightenment lipsrsealed
......however, I do not mean to digress, and those are arguably more excusable.....so back to hair...which we are not (dodgy )as I quote Mz Badu

I think it will be easier to get Africans to accept homosexuality and all its ramifications that it will be to get us to embrace our natural hair! cry
And that is saying a lot seeing how anti-gay our society is!
Gawd! This is sad, big time
It embarrasses me like no end to see the "beautiful" hairdos we have with Brazilian, Indian, Peruvian, synthetic and Martian hair!

A girl in primary school has her hair permed to make it more manageable! shocked
You see what you are up against?
Total embodiment! While being unaware....and resisting
If we all grew up just dealing with our natural hair......no one would be angry when asked to drop weaves
......because we would have all been horrified by them! And rightfully so !!!

Difference between our approaches is that while you are angry and blaming and cussing out women / us
...I am angry at the people who sold us their culture as gold ! I just feel overwhelmingly sorry for us....
I could break things, honestly cry

I once saw some white and Asian women laughing at a black lady with weaves...after one of them had gone to her, touched her hair and asked her something I didnt hear....she was replying and fiddling with her her "humanrightshair" ...just the way a long haired white would toy with her hair as she flirts
Oh the snickers! They laughed at and made fun of her
I wish it happened now...I would have gone up staright to them to punch out a face....the most smirking one of them! Or two faces!!
Nanchench

I dont know how my post can come across to you as a rant. Perhaps it seems so because its the truth and we know it aint easy on the ear neither is it easy to swallow. Yes i admonish my self hating sistas because its their responsibility to discover and develop themselves but fear has crippled them. Well be that as it may, i see that you are conscious. We need females like you to spread the word to your peers that way it will holds more weight. Keep your head up. It takes courage to stand out.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
fayahsoul:

I dont know how my post can come across to you as a rant. Perhaps it seems so because its the truth and we know it aint easy on the ear neither is it easy to swallow. Yes i admonish my self hating sistas because its their responsibility to discover and develop themselves but fear has crippled them. Well be that as it may, i see that you are conscious. We need females like you to spread the word to your peers that way it will holds more weight. Keep your head up. It takes courage to stand out.

One of two things....or both
I was being tongue in cheek about the rant......and or I see a rant cos I am a ranter too cheesy
Either way, I am with you
......cheers
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
milychocs:

One of two things....or both
I was being tongue in cheek about the rant......and or I see a rant cos I am a ranter too cheesy
Either way, I am with you
......cheers
cheers dear.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
fayahsoul:

Look, scientific and technological advancement is a global effort. If you visit the research and development department of the various companies that manufacture these devices you would see a conglomerate of races. Blacks have invented many things of which i know you are unaware of. Also bear in mind that the tech advancements we see today was built on an african foundation. Nothing is new under the sun and what you see today is actualy a crude version of what was. Dont get sh1t twisted. Technology is the best known efficient means to an end. Anyone that can afford it benefits from it. It has nothing to do with inferiority complex. However when you look in the mirror and feel some physical, spiritual or mental aspect of you is inadquate and substandard and at the same time envy and admire the nature of those corresponding attributes in another race of people then you have a complex. This complex which is inferior then compels you to buy and attach those items that mimic those of the other races thereby giving you a false sense of selfesteem,confidence and sophistication. Now that's self hate and inferiority complex. Why is this so difficult for you lot to understand?

So who told you Africans don't do weaves too... Who told you those that use most of these devices are not suffering from inferiority complex? If you feel its not good, fine! Train your daughter that way but don't you dare say those people using weaves are prostitutes or suffer inferiority complex.. Personally I carry my natural hair but cos of school, I do have classes by 7, I cant start combing my hair, so I put on a weave that doesn't need combing. I am proud of myself, if Na fine face I get am, hair I get am, even figure join am. I'm not suffering from any thing, it has made life easier for me.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 12:15am On Sep 05, 2015
Blossom023:

So who told you Africans don't do weaves too... Who told you those that use most of these devices are not suffering from inferiority complex? If you feel its not good, fine! Train your daughter that way but don't you dare say those people using weaves are prostitutes or suffer inferiority complex.. Personally I carry my natural hair but cos of school, I do have classes by 7, I cant start combing my hair, so I put on a weave that doesn't need combing. I am proud of myself, if Na fine face I get am, hair I get am, even figure join am. I'm not suffering from any thing, it has made life easier for me.
FYI the koreans own and control the artificial hair industry, cashing in on the weakness of our sistas. And no, some one operating a device does so for either efficiency or entertainment and not inferiority complex.
So in other words you are saying that you are too lazy to comb your hair and explore other alternatives to natural hair care and treatment. The suprising thing is that you dont find anything weird about that. Ok even if you neglect your hair due to laziness why must you resort to wearing weaves? More importantly weaves that have european texture? why not hats and scarfs? I have a question for you and i hope you answer truthfully: when you hear the name jesus is the image that immediately comes to your mind that of a black or white person?

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
fayahsoul:

FYI the koreans own and control the artificial hair industry, cashing in on the weakness of our sistas. And no, some one operating a device does so for either efficiency or entertainment and not inferiority complex.
So in other words you are saying that you are too lazy to comb your hair and explore other alternatives to natural hair care and treatment. The suprising thing is that you dont find anything weird about that. Ok even if you neglect your hair due to laziness why must you resort to wearing weaves? More importantly weaves that have european texture? why not hats and scarfs? I have a question for you and i hope you answer truthfully: when you hear the name jesus is the image that immediately comes to your mind that of a black or white person?

First of all... I do have classes by 7 so I don't have time to make up or even eat. When I hear the name of Jesus tbh nothing comes into my mind. Until now that I'm trying to think about it.

Using of devices is a sign of inferiority complex too. Don't sideline it. You know it is.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Blossom023:

First of all... I do have classes by 7 so I don't have time to make up or even eat. When I hear the name of Jesus tbh nothing comes into my mind. Until now that I'm trying to think about it.

Using of devices is a sign of inferiority complex too. Don't sideline it. You know it is.
Nothing comes to your mind when you hear the name? lol be honest with yourself haba. That your class starts by 7am is still no excuse for not taking care of yourself. Prioritize your time accordingly. If it means waking up a lil earlier then adjust. Come on sis, if there's a will there's a way. But the koko be say you no suppose resort to weaves. There is really no logical reason to it. Out of every other stuff available that could be used to cover your unkempt hair it has to be weaves, weavons and wigs that catches most sistas eyes. Funny enough when they attach this fur on their head they now go btw 1 to 3 months without washing their hair and yet they turn around and call it sophistication. That's unacceptable. Finally, In regards to your claim that the use of tech devices and other industrial products is a sign of inferiority complex, i just need you to elaborate on how the quest, discovery, application and then subsequent advancement in science and technology which betows man with an expanded ability to, among other things, control his environtment, ease the hardship of physical labour, increase production exponentially and accelerate the mobility of people, goods and services, is a sign of inferiority complex. Go ahead am listening.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
fayahsoul:

Nothing comes to your mind when you hear the name? lol be honest with yourself haba. That your class starts by 7am is still no excuse for not taking care of yourself. Prioritize your time accordingly. If it means waking up a lil earlier then adjust. Come on sis, if there's a will there's a way. But the koko be say you no suppose resort to weaves. There is really no logical reason to it. Out of every other stuff available that could be used to cover your unkempt hair it has to be weaves, weavons and wigs that catches most sistas eyes. Funny enough when they attach this fur on their head they now go btw 1 to 3 months without washing their hair and yet they turn around and call it sophistication. That's unacceptable. Finally, In regards to your claim that the use of tech devices and other industrial products is a sign of inferiority complex, i just need you to elaborate on how the quest, discovery, application and then subsequent advancement in science and technology which betows man with an expanded ability to, among other things, control his environtment, ease the hardship of physical labour, increase production exponentially and accelerate the mobility of people, goods and services, is a sign of inferiority complex. Go ahead am listening.

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
lol i thought as much. I knew i shouldnt cast pearls to swine. My bad.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
fayahsoul:

lol i thought as much. I knew i shouldnt cast pearls to swine. My bad.

Wait so I'm the swine because I don't go by what you believe in? Are you really in your right senses? No tell me... You want people to change from what you feel is bad but you call them names because in your term they find it hard to understand.. Is that really gon' work for you? If you want people to understand you, be subtle. That is my problem w most y'all niggas... You feel you have come out with something so boom... Lemme start abusing people.

The guy that said that white girls answer questions fast w/out thinking are one of the reasons some girls do these things,you make them feel inferior by comparing them to white girls and expect them not to wannabe like 'em... Work on yourself first.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 11:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Blossom023:

Wait so I'm the swine because I don't go by what you believe in? Are you really in your right senses? No tell me... You want people to change from what you feel is bad but you call them names because in your term they find it hard to understand.. Is that really gon' work for you? If you want people to understand you, be subtle. That is my problem w most y'all niggas... You feel you have come out with something so boom... Lemme start abusing people.

The guy that said that white girls answer questions fast w/out thinking are one of the reasons some girls do these things,you make them feel inferior by comparing them to white girls and expect them not to wannabe like 'em... Work on yourself first.
Here we go again. merry go round. Look sis, i think i have said enough. If the message is for you then it will sink in eventually but if not, then what the hell na your cross. Oya Carry go.

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by kelechiMarie(f): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2015
Story story
Here we go again;today's women are lazy blah blah blah that is why they cant keep their natural hair. Whatever happened to live and let live? You are just being cowardly bullies by trying to shove your opinions down other people's throats.
It's my hair and i can go natural,cut it,relax it,dye it it has nothing to do with insecurity. If you all spent less time in other people's business we'd probably move ahead.
And to those saying natural hair is easy to care for,you must be joking. I usually help my sister style her hair and somedays the hair just has a mind of its own. If you have 7am lectures and stay in d hostel you'd probably end up wearing a scarf to class
Anyway,everyone is entitled to his/her own beliefs pls try not to shame others for not towing your line. Thanks
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 08, 2015
Not washing your hair for weeks or months is nasty. Full stop. If you can't afford to change your weave regularly then wear wigs undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently / A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Emir Sanusi's Kano Emirate Admits Spending N3.4 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.