Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church (13149 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Appearance At Aso Rock Villa Mosque Today / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed / Jonathan’s Body Guards Posted Out Of Aso Rock Villa At Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by TechWalker007: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church

Buhari has moved against Christian religious activities within the precincts of the Aso Rock presidential villa, a source familiar with the matter has disclosed to The Trent.

The Aso Rock Villa Chapel serves as the official church of Aso Rock where Christian activities inside the presidential villa are conducted.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to The Trent on Thursday, September 3, 2015 on condition of anonymity, heavily armed men stormed the Aso Rock Chapel on Sunday, August 30, 2015 denying worshippers access to the church.

“Normally, services begin by 7am at the church but when we got there, we met armed security men who said we cannot enter. They said they were acting on orders from above. We waited outside till a few minutes past 8am before they allowed us to enter,” the source disclosed.

A visibly embarrassed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who worships at the Villa Church, arrived the Chapel and could be seen managing to conceal a worried expression over the incident.

When our reporter contacted Presidential Spokesman Garba Shehu to confirm the development, he claimed he was not aware of the incident. “What you are telling me is news to me. I am not aware of this issue. There is a lot we are dealing with and I hope you are aware the church was handed over to Vice President Osinbajo. So please call Prince Laolu Akande, his spokesman to confirm this issue”, he said.

Further investigations by The Trent have revealed that Sunday’s move was the second in a series of brazen attempts to shut down Christian activities in the Villa.

Less than two months ago, the Children’s Church of the Villa Chapel where the wife of the Vice President, Mrs. Oludolapo Osinbajo worships with the children was closed down on orders from above. According to our source, “security concerns were given as reasons for the closure of the Children’s Church.”

Attempts by this newspaper to reach Vice-Presidential spokesman Laolu Akande failed as his phone lines were unreachable at the time of filing in this report.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/intolerance-president-buhari-orders-closure-of-aso-rock-villa-church-details/
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by krak101(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Any good reason?
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by TechWalker007: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Observe and you'll see Christians from the South defend him.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by glassjar1: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nigeria embassy in INDIA was converted to NIGERIA MOSQUE .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by loomer: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
Make dem find somewhere else worship na
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by okeyglm: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
this is serious
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by tp10: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Fake stories full of lies.capish.

35 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by glassjar1: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
divide NIGERIA NOW BEFORE WAR ESCALATES warning to boohitler / hari cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by ficfic(m): 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Implementation of sharia in progress.....i smh for those people still shouting sia baba

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by atlwireles: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin No surprise, this was expected.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by kossyablaze(m): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmmm is it wah I'm thinkn?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by KingKonga: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
EWOOOOO
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Compliance(m): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
You don't need a prophet to tell you this before the election. He is gradually releasing the bird from the pocket.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by nikkiking(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
Islamising at a stake.
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by sammyj: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wailers with their propaganda again. Hmmmm , time will tell!!!

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by glassjar1: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
we are biafrans fighting for our freedom in the name yanwe abiama / earth quakes ,truth Biafra radio/ hurricane , typhoon ,sink holes , comets and fire stone / prayers , twitters / referendum we shall conquer .

REPUBLICAN 2016

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Blakjewelry(m): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
How true is this story

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by bjdon: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Even though I don't support Buhari, I simply can't believe this story. Whatever else you say about Buhari, I want to believe he's an office and a gentleman and would not do such a thing. This really sounds like one of those made up stories.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Rad1cal: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha !!!!! grin

Changi !! Changi !! Changi !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by jaykaylegend(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
ficfic:
Implementation of sharia in progress.....i smh for those people still shouting sia baba
SAI BABA

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by OnReflection: 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
$1000 on the table that this news is completely fabricated and intended to appeal to the sentiments of clannish TANoids like @OP.

Why would Buhari close down the church, when the mosque continues to operate unimpeded?

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday participated in the weekly Juma’at prayer at the Presidential Villa Mosque.

“President Buhari did so out of consideration for avoidable hardships imposed on members of the public by road closures and other security measures which Presidential movements to the National Mosque necessitate,” the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said in a statement Friday.

“Accordingly, the President has decided that henceforth he will mostly observe the Juma’at prayers with other Muslims at the Presidential Villa Mosque.

Source:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185720-why-i-will-now-attend-jumaat-service-at-aso-rock-buhari.html

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by menix(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Chaii...

The much anticipated change...
And blive mii some bedeviled South West Christians would still support this..

Well, with time all christian in nigeria will certainly turn Muslim or u leave.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
I'm cöck sure this lie is from a christian. No wonder Paul called some Galatians fools.

13 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by koboko69: 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Mtcheeeeeeeew!
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by coolitempa(f): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
More lies from the PDP......... grin

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
No peace for the Islamic government APC

They will fail

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Islie: 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
I hate this lies that the newspaper is spreading now

So, tell me why they won't screen news that is on the web pages when someone can tell this kind of ballant and bizarre lies

Why can't we be tolerant of our political differences

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Starships4u(m): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Ddaji(m): 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Useless job less set of people, that called themselves bloggers. Spreading lies and blackmailers that is why one of them is cooling in prisoner now,always spreading rubbish. Censorship of social media isn't a bad idea

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Captainswag225(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
i knew it, buhari is a dictator in disguise. Thats the start to a successful islamization of nigeria.... Christians in nigeria rise up now or be lost. Onomeglo, i see u.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by egift(m): 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Is this volume of lies and falsehood against Buhari, the plan of PDP to return to Power? What a big shame.

This Lies from the #WailingLooters failed them in the election. It will fail forever. Only a very big foooool will believe this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Onyejiuwaokoh: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
It is always difficult for Arab or fulani practicing Moslems to believe in Christian ideology or live in the same vicinity with Christians peacefully.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Enemies Within.....Looters, Saboteurs & Terrorists!! / Capital Importation Is Increasing, Atiku Got This Wrong Again - Onanuga / Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.