Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) (37164 Views)

MTN Illegally Transferred 'mind Boggling' Sum Out Of Nigeria- Yahoo News / NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards / Is You Sim Properly Registered? NCC Is Blocking Pre-registered Sims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by CaptainSmart: 4:04am On Sep 04, 2015
Not all disconnected SIMS are illegally pre-registered.
I also got the SMS from MTN requesting I produce a photo ID. I have been using the sim since 2008 and I registered it once they started the so-called SIM registration exercise. The question is "how is my SIM illegally pre-registered?" according to the title of this post.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Fundango: 6:53am On Sep 04, 2015
skondo09:
How I wish Nigerians can learn to appreciate their own thing and grab glo as their first network then all others can follow.
My brother even GLO have join MTN in this mess ,infact my GLO sim is just doing press up Before porting to Etisalat.
The mods should do the needful things"FP"pls
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Fundango: 7:05am On Sep 04, 2015
mystyque:
Time to port to Glo. Made in Nigeria
my brother even GLO is just about to join the eMpTy heN in this drama.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Folksyharry(m): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2015
CaptainSmart:
I also got the SMS from MTN requesting I produce a photo ID. I have been using the sim since 2008 and I registered it once they started the so-called SIM registration exercise. The question is "how is my SIM illegally pre-registered?" according to the title of this post.

I get very angry when I hear the "illegally registered". I have been using this number since February 2009 and I have never lost it. I registered long before the deadline back then. They sent me the message last week and I went to their office the next day to verify my number only to disconnected yesterday.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Folksyharry(m): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2015
CaptainSmart:

I get very angry when I hear the "illegally pre-registered". I have been using this number since February 2009 and I have never lost it. I registered long before the deadline back then. They sent me the message last week and I went to their office the next day to verify my number only to disconnected yesterday.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by ladycomfort(f): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2015
cluewebhost:
if you haven't been blocked

Port to another network
Fill a form &
send PORT to 3232

Took me 3 hours(in my office not standing in MTN's hopeless queue) in total to port

10 mins to re-register with Etisalat.

Time is precious!
. Please what will happen after porting is it that one will still retain the line while loading the other networks recharge card or what exactly.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Reflex123(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2015
I dont know if this is the right section to post this,If not MOD's should gracefully move it to the right section which exactly is the Front-page..Today Marks exactly 2weeks this issue started..I am an MTN User,A loyal customer at that..Today marks 2weeks have not being able to mark nor receive phone calls in my area here in Ibadan..Everybody is complaining as it is making Life Hell on earth for us whenever we are Home..Before now,The service here is super fast and everything is on point.

I have called their Customercare number times without number,they keep on telling us they would fix it..Have being to their Head office here in Ibadan,yet no response..I was able to get to know what exactly happened,Was told their Generator packed up or something,I dont know how long this would take to be recitified as it seems the non-challant attitude of we Nigerians in things like this at Play here..

The Area in question is Adeosun,Area of Awotan Apete,Ibadan and the Local-Goverment is Ido-Local Government..

MTN Should please come to our resuce and fix things asap..I would so much appreciate

Seun, lalasticlala Please help move this to Front Page so their Oga go see am...

Thanks

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this problem? If so kindly reply or send me a private message.

Cheers
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Bossman(m): 11:32am On Sep 04, 2015
Exactly! I went to their office and registered the sim, took picture, they took my fingerprint. Well, I got a text that my line has been blocked. Currently out of the country,and will not be back in Nigeria for a few months. What a bunch of morons!

AmeLonRo:
If they are banning the illegal ones how about the legal ones? How will they know this. Was there not a time for sim registration? What happened then? What about Nigerians who have travelled or who are indisposed at this time and cant show up for their validation?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by cluewebhost(m): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Please what will happen after porting is it that one will still retain the line while loading the other networks recharge card or what exactly.

If you Port from MTN to Glo, you retain your MTN number but you load glo cards and evrything about your line is glo.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by onyxo76(m): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
i don't understand this useless mtn after doing the registration on monday,they still went ahead to block my sim today,after all the wahala at their mtn center na to block my sim abi?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by onyxo76(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
jayuuk:
MTN has just proved they are incompetent,this is a sim i bought in 1999 with hard earned money,i have registered three times prior to now,i was in their office last two weeks with DL and got pics taken by their staff,they even sent me congratulatory message for updating my data with them,MTN still went ahead and blocked my line today.its so annoying.
same here oo
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by ukaegbuch(m): 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
My dear Nigerians, i have loosed soo much money because of this nonesence, i have already sued mtn for this attrocity, i dont have time to go there office, if mtn is not shot down in nigeria , i shot down my company, if my lawyers are not competent i will get more lawyers, they will refund me 500M if not i close them
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by LilyJo: 1:10am On Sep 05, 2015
Please does anyone has issues with data? I paid for the 4.5 gb after the validation exercise. I couldnt browse the next day and today MTN is telling me I have used up my entire data amounting to almost 8gb from roll over of last last month. That's N2500 down the drain. I kept having one problem or another after the validation thing. They still blocked my line, the pop up msg to validate kept disturbing all I did and then between Sept 2nd and Sept 4th MTN is telling me that I have used up 1.5gb + 6.94gb. That they have records. Note I wasn't even able to browse on 3rd and 4th of Sept. My line was blocked. I bought my sim myself and registered it back then. Still validated it and got MTN's confirmatory message. It is just crazy how things can be in this country. I just checked my line and saw 0mb. I have never ever been able to finish that night data. You can see the Data on thingy in the pic. The customer care told me to send that to 131. The customer care can't even see that this is a problem from them. From the day of validation till today, all i got was craziness. I kept contacting all their customer care channels. Facebook, the live chat, email. Absolutely no help.This is just to let people know of my experience with the validation nonsense.

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by skondo09(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
Fundango:
My brother even GLO have join MTN in this mess ,infact my GLO sim is just doing press up Before porting to Etisalat.
grin
Fundango:
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
onyxo76:
i don't understand this useless mtn after doing the registration on monday,they still went ahead to block my sim today,after all the wahala at their mtn center na to block my sim abi?
They should have unblocked it after 24hours, haven't they?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by leo1234(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2015
ladodo:
I was at their office yesterday to unlock my own line, it was stressful, i got to there at 10:33AM and was through by 5:18PM.

Can you send and receive text messages with the blocked sim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / MTN SIM Registration Again! / Samsung Sues Ksenia Sobchak, Ambassador For Using An Iphone X On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.