Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) (37163 Views)

MTN Illegally Transferred 'mind Boggling' Sum Out Of Nigeria- Yahoo News / NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards / Is You Sim Properly Registered? NCC Is Blocking Pre-registered Sims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by damilareoye: 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
I don't know their problem..... Imagine the kind of cue waiting to verify their sim here... mitcheeew, make dem block my sim, will buy another.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Illega what?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by kevoh(m): 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
MTN maitama abuja just cost me 4 productive hours because of this their yeye SIM update. I won't be surprised if they ask us to do it again.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by ladodo: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
I was at their office yesterday to unlock my own line, it was stressful, i got to there at 10:33AM and was through by 5:18PM.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Ndywin: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
dave2meek:
I just broke my blocked sim...
No time to waste
Am joining you right away... They blocked my Sim today and even when I took the pains to get to their office they made me look like a jambite begging to write aptitude test
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Fundango: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
Starships4u:
Hit like if u believe those who commented exactly 2:40 are robots....
240000 Likes 2400000 shares 0 dislikes
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Enoquin(f): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
otabuko:
I bought 2008, retrieved about 5 times... I just don't understand their point... I already got ready for the block abi ban with Etisalat...

Is Nigeria not synonymous with chaos?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by teamchocolate: 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
Same here bro.. I re-registered yday after spending abt 2 hours in their office and they still had the effontery to be threatening me with ban since mrng.. make them really do their worst.. Nonesense... undecided undecided

eagleeye2:
The funny thing is that I re-registered two days ago and a congratulatory message was sent to me. But this morning I am being threatened by MTN that my sim will be blocked.
I really don't have the time to go to their office again. So let them do their worst.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by cluewebhost(m): 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
bomasek:
Boss is that port code(3232) Etisalat

Thats the code I used to Port, not sure if its the same across all networks
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by eagleeye2: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
cluewebhost:

Thats the code I used to Port, not sure if its the same across all networks
If I port can I my contacts still be able to reach me without me being given a new number
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by amaka42(f): 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
Na wao
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by LamiHandsome(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Why is it that it is only this screwed MTN that keeps disturbing us about registration shii??

***grabs.pen***

***write.to.NCC***
MTN; Mighty Total Nonsense

Eri.yin.ar.yi.ni... eyin on'damu oshi yii... shior
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by cluewebhost(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
eagleeye2:

If I port can I my contacts still be able to reach me without me being given a new number

No one would know. Same number.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by eagleeye2: 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
cluewebhost:

No one would know. Same number.
Thank you. Am sure going to Etisalat center tomorrow.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by einsteino(m): 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
happney65:
I dont know if this is the right section to post this,If not MOD's should gracefully move it to the right section which exactly is the Front-page..Today Marks exactly 2weeks this issue started..I am an MTN User,A loyal customer at that..Today marks 2weeks have not being able to mark nor receive phone calls in my area here in Ibadan..Everybody is complaining as it is making Life Hell on earth for us whenever we are Home..Before now,The service here is super fast and everything is on point.

I have called their Customercare number times without number,they keep on telling us they would fix it..Have being to their Head office here in Ibadan,yet no response..I was able to get to know what exactly happened,Was told their Generator packed up or something,I dont know how long this would take to be recitified as it seems the non-challant attitude of we Nigerians in things like this at Play here..

The Area in question is Adeosun,Area of Awotan Apete,Ibadan and the Local-Goverment is Ido-Local Government..

MTN Should please come to our resuce and fix things asap..I would so much appreciate

Seun, lalasticlala Please help move this to Front Page so their Oga go see am...

Thanks

sad to hear this, i served in apete during nysc. hope they fix it soon
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by happney65: 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
einsteino:

sad to hear this, i served in apete during nysc. hope they fix it soon

I pray so too.I pray ohh.thanks bro
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by ehis05(m): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Afta registering my sim n taking a photo of me... dey still sent a msg dat I shud visit any of dere centres so my pix can b uploaded again...yeye people..wetin una use d 1st 1 do?

1 Like

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by skondo09(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
How I wish Nigerians can learn to appreciate their own thing and grab glo as their first network then all others can follow.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by jayuuk: 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
MTN has just proved they are incompetent,this is a sim i bought in 1999 with hard earned money,i have registered three times prior to now,i was in their office last two weeks with DL and got pics taken by their staff,they even sent me congratulatory message for updating my data with them,MTN still went ahead and blocked my line today.its so annoying.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by adonismuller(m): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
ladodo:
I was at their office yesterday to unlock my own line, it was stressful, i got to there at 10:33AM and was through by 5:18PM.
please what was the questions and steps taken to unlock the line?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by otabuko(m): 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Enoquin:

Is Nigeria not synonymous with chaos?
Lol.... Chaos plenty oh.... We don't even know the way forward sef....
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by kazzonline: 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Read this,it might be a lil solution for now

https://www.nairaland.com/2574404/advice-all-mtn-blocked-there
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by greyce: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Patiently waiting 4 mine to be blocked.i have all d networks so i dnt rili give a damn
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by God2man(m): 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hmnnn. There are other network. Why worry?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by king406(m): 10:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
with their slow network shocked undecided
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by mystyque: 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Time to port to Glo. Made in Nigeria
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by opey112(m): 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
bmxshop post=3763271Toyin9:
The Pic above is definitely MTN Office Festac Town.
no that is fatai atere in ladipo

1 Like

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by igbakigba2t15: 12:19am On Sep 04, 2015
WAHALA WITHOUT END....EVERYTHING IS BLAMED ON THE POOR MASSES WHO ARE MADE TO SUFFER ENDLESSLY FOR THE INEFFICIENCY OF THE HIGHLY CORRUPT MTN AND NCC. TO FELLOW NIGERIANS...JUST SWITCH OVER TO A MORE CARING NETWORK. TO HELL WITH MTN!
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by baloney: 2:16am On Sep 04, 2015
Koo
Kk
Not a bad move
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 04, 2015
smiley
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by eliwa47(m): 3:12am On Sep 04, 2015
Keneking:
Ok..useless network shocked
This is how they rank in terms of quality of service in South Africa
1.Vodacom 2. Telkom 3. CellC 4. Virgin Mobile 5. MTN
But Mtn is the most widely used network in sa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / MTN SIM Registration Again! / Samsung Sues Ksenia Sobchak, Ambassador For Using An Iphone X On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.