Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! (21804 Views)

Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by gbagyiza: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
I dnt need any explanation 2 be able 2 understand ur situation,I am in that situation right nw in my place of work.they will push u 2 d wall n tell u NT to talk..all I just want 2 say is that u culd hv exercise more patient,pray n keep searching 4 another job once u get it,then pour out ur heart to ur boss b4 leaving.u will feel bad 4 sometime but am assuring u that at d end of everything u will leave 2 thank God 4 allowing things 2 happen this way.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by histemple: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
DrumStickz:
This is the height of injustice I've ever seen

I've been patient and keeping quiet for months just last week I decided to voice out and my boss just told me to my face that I'm fired

Because I complained which is 'disrespect to him'

Just short of words

Please can you give us the details of what transpired? Do you have your offer letter and termination letter?
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by gbenga4my(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Curvinus:
What did you complain about and how valuable are your skills in that office? I'm asking this because there is a chance of him accepting you back if you're not that easily dispensable.

My boss once fired me for dissent but I went back and begged for mercy and was reabsorbed into the system because I had vital skills and other workers also pleaded on my behalf. I was a bit heady then but now I can see the folly of my ways.

You might want to go back and ask for forgiveness and promise not to rebel any further as this might soften his/her heart.

The economy of this country is in ruins at the mo and the last place anyone wants to be is at home unemployed. Even employers aren't finding it funny which might explain the seeming injustice you complained about. You just have to walk in their shoes for a while to get a clearer picture.

Try to do something quickly as you have bills to pay and you do not want to become a burden to anyone. Goodluck.
Best advice ever
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Lexusgs430: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Price a whistle-blower pays, when adequate employee protection is not in situ.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by sichri(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
DrumStickz:

I've been patient and keeping quiet for months just last week I decided to voice out and my boss just told me to my face that I'm fired

Just short of words
The question is, how did you present your case? Most times it is not always about what you said but HOW was it presented?
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by amaka42(f): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
Na wa
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by abali29(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
y complain when ur salary didn't complain
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by kinibigdeal(m): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Private companies and lawlessness. Well, is a private man now
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
DrumStickz:

Just short of words
Get job opportunities and start working from home! Register at http://blogjob.com/?ref=tobirush
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Temimported(f): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
afolayangs:
There are polite ways of doing things like this. However, where no union exist, you need to explore option like your suggestion box in the office.

furthermore my own personal idea is that is not a must you work for them so just find suitable employment elsewhere

Like it's easy to get a Job else whr
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by luthorcorp: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
the internet has blindfolded some to them thinking they are in the US or Uk,Oga if I were you I amend my ways or you will fins yoursrlf begging in no time
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by KINGPIN26(m): 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
DrumStickz:

Just short of words

not only u my broda, same tin happened to me last two month, dat can only happen wen no appointment leta to it. Nw we just have to pray for d best
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by ushafe(m): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
therealdeal10:
If others stayed quiet u shuld av too, at least 4 sm tym

Hope u get a beta wan
Keeping quite to join others is not always the best but dnt speak base on self pride.
First u ve freed ur mind, secondly, as man be ready to bear result of actions
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by sonnie10: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Next time, try to differentiate how you address people on Nairaland and how you address your boss.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by ushafe(m): 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
wunmi590:
as far u were contributing to growth of the company in ur capacity, watch out ur service will soon be needed in a better establishment
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by flokii: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
E be like say na yankee dis OP skol...
na Naija you dey o you better wake up BTW God will give you a job with better conditions.. datz if you av faith

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by redsun(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Did you not sign a contract before you started?Read through it again and see whether you might have case against with a conscientious lawyer to aid you.It is time we start making some rules and living by it.We can't just continue to live like wild and lawless animals.Even primates in the jungles have some kind rules that maintains order in the jungle communities.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by MissOpe(f): 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
charix:
Good thing you finally spoke out against injustice. Although you're without a job your mind is finally at peace.
How can someone who is without a job be at peace, how does he intend to pay his upcoming bills?, JST wondering.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
MissOpe:

How can someone who is without a job be at peace, how does he intend to pay his upcoming bills?, JST wondering.
His mind is at peace concerning a pressing issue at the time. For him not to think about the future when complaining means it was giving him sleepless nights.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by oluwanoni: 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
Unfortunately if you work in a one man owned business and not a multinational corp..just keep doing what you do, look for ways to make the environment condusive for yourself.

A bird at hand is worth two in the bushes, and when the right surfaces I.e when you have another offer, then you can let your grievances known.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by toyese01(m): 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Aluta spirit never leave †̥ђε guy body, you think say nh ur VC Dey dia abi, now that u have been put on an indefinite strike wetin you go do now? Complaining sha, who is paying who?
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by obstead200(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
charix:
Good thing you finally spoke out against injustice. Although you're without a job your mind is finally at peace.
guy u must be sarcastic ooo. Stop yabbing the OP at his trying times abeg.
Oya, OP, u just received a salary of "peace of mind". Carry am go buy garri for market.

On a serious note I am Sory for ur loss. The Almighty will open greater doors for u in Jesus name.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by semochendo1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
If you were fired at the point of making that point, my brother, it was your manner of presentation. Learn from that, diplomacy and manner of presentation matters. I hope you learn from your mistake. I feel your pain thou. All the best.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by osemudiame(m): 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
U never secure another job and u come go dey form ninja
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Seventeen(f): 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Eyaaaaa, sorry oo. U for just de manage while u find another job naa. What where u thinking wen u complained to ya oga, did u think he was going to pat u on the back and apologise? U just come bak from yankee ne? O boy na naija u dey oo.
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Seventeen(f): 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
gommex:
U never secure another job and u come go dey form ninja
i tire oo
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by cruzyteejay(m): 11:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
(in 2pac's voice)only God can judge him now
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by bummyla(m): 12:00am On Sep 04, 2015
sorry! God will open a greater door of opportunities for you in Christ Jesus! Amen! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by oshaosha2014(m): 12:16am On Sep 04, 2015
Hello o! I support you 100 percent. Some people here, their dignity can be bought with "stable, safe employment," they have never left the university where they were always told what to do. They keeping fearing the unknown, preferring to hold on to a job just to pay bills; such people can't be independent. People prefer not to make mistakes or fail because school has conditioned them to be like that. I can assure you that such experience will make you stronger than most of them gainfully employed here, working really hard to actualise another man's dream.

Am sure after losing the job because u complained you did not die. I would advice you pick yourself up, go out there and make things happen again; don't change who you are because of one job that is not permanent. Majority of them here are governed by fear... I like that you are not like them. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 04, 2015
hmmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon / Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.