Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Glorious Quran - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glorious Quran (11944 Views)

Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi Predicts Glorious 2015 / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary ( Sorrowful & Glorious ) / Scientific Miracles Of The Glorious Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2007
all this attempt to change the wife beating,Mohammed/aisha chest thumping mode?
good job!!
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2007
twinstaiye:

Facts about scientific subjects and the news delivered to us about the past and future, facts that no one could have known at the time of the Qur'an's revelation, are announced in its verses. It is impossible for this information, examples of which we have discussed in detail in this book, to have been known with the level of knowledge and technology available in 7th century Arabia. With this in mind, let us ask:

Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known that our atmosphere is made up of seven layers?

Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known in detail the various stages of development from which an embryo grows into a baby and then enters the world from inside his mother?

1. Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known that the universe is "steadily expanding," as the Qur'an puts it, when modern scientists have only in recent decades put forward the idea of the "Big Bang"?

2. Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known about the fact that each individual's fingertips are absolutely unique, when we have only discovered this fact recently, using modern technology and modern scientific equipment?

shocked and these are the long awaited miracles?

you also conveniently forgot to mention how anyone in 7th century arabia could have known that the sun sets in a muddy spring and that the earth was flat with mountains as tent pegs!

1. your so called modern scientists have only proposed the theory of the big bang! There is NO empirical proof to show it actually happened unless only Allah knows!

2. Even a yoruba proverb says all fingers are not equal! Our fore fathers did not require modern technology or scientific equipment to figure out mere common sense!
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2007
twinstaiye:

Facts about scientific subjects and the news delivered to us about the past and future, facts that no one could have known at the time of the Qur'an's revelation, are announced in its verses. It is impossible for this information, examples of which we have discussed in detail in this book, to have been known with the level of knowledge and technology available in 7th century Arabia. With this in mind, let us ask:

Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known that our atmosphere is made up of seven layers?

Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known in detail the various stages of development from which an embryo grows into a baby and then enters the world from inside his mother?

Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known that the universe is "steadily expanding," as the Qur'an puts it, when modern scientists have only in recent decades put forward the idea of the "Big Bang"?

Could anyone in 7th century Arabia have known about the fact that each individual's fingertips are absolutely unique, when we have only discovered this fact recently, using modern technology and modern scientific equipment?

The only answer to these questions is as follows: the Qur'an is the Word of the Almighty Allah, the Originator of everything and the One Who encompasses everything with His knowledge. In one verse, Allah says,
[b]"If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it." (Qur'an, 4:82) [/b]Every piece of information the Qur'an contains reveals the secret miracles of this divine book.

The human being is meant to hold fast to this Divine Book revealed by Allah and to receive it with an open heart as his one and only guide in life. In the Qur'an, Allah tells us the following:

This Qur'an could never have been devised by any besides Allah. Rather it is confirmation of what came before it and an elucidation of the Book which contains no doubt from the Lord of all the worlds. Do they say, "He has invented it"? Say: "Then produce a sura like it and call on anyone you can besides Allah if you are telling the truth." (Qur'an, 10:37-38)

And this is a Book We have sent down and blessed, so follow it and have fear of Allah so that hopefully you will gain mercy. (Qur'an, 6:155)

maybe you've never seen this site.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/#internal
Re: Glorious Quran by twinstaiye(m): 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2007
To say that the Quran is God’s word is a big assertion. We can even show two alternatives for those who deny that the Quran is the word God:

1) Either the Quran is the biggest truth. What can be more important than the words of the creator of all things?

2) Or the Quran is the biggest lie. (What can be a bigger lie than saying that it is from God? There is no bigger deception of attributing to Him since there can not be a greater entity than Him.)

No one can say that the Quran is an ordinary book. Even the disbelievers do not accept this. And all the miracles we saw all through this book takes place in the Book (the Quran) which has the biggest claim and the most extraordinary book. All the signs throughout the book present that the Quran’s claim is true; this book with the biggest claim is also the biggest miracle. A “lie” does not and can not fit in a book which is 100% correct on subjects so much different from each other. After the things we learned in this book, let us answer the questions we ask. (Some of the answers we gave for the Quran is also acceptable for the other books God sent by the other prophets.)

- Is there another book that places God into the center of life and gives the value He deserves? - No.
- Is there another book on the earth with a bigger claim than this? - No.
- Is there another book on the earth, explains the events that can not be known 1400 years ago and all its information true; from the depths of the space to under the seas, from the development in our mother’s womb to the end of the universe? - No
- Is there any serious book which gives meaning to life, and says there is an after life and gives the mankind the hope he needs. - No
- Is there another book which while achieving all these, has also a mathematical code system and keeps together the wholeness in its meaning and code? - No
- Is there another book which confirms all the prophets throughout history, Noah, Moses and Jesus…, the prophets who brought common messages? A Book which approves all the prophets and their books, since it is the last book. - No
- Is there really another reliable book which we can choose as a guide for ourselves? - No
- Does the Quran have an alternative? - No
- Do the disbelievers have an excuse? - No

All the data show that the book which has the biggest claim is also the biggest miracle. The miracles of the Quran never end, everyday a new miracle is revealed:

Say, “If all the humans and the jinns came together in order to produce a The Quran like this, they would surely fail, no matter how much assistance they lent one another.”
17, The Children of Israel, 88.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2007
twinstaiye:

And all the miracles we saw all through this book takes place in the Book (the Quran) which has the biggest claim and the most extraordinary book. All the signs throughout the book present that the Quran’s claim is true; this book with the biggest claim is also the biggest miracle.
What miracles? where are the signs? The nonsense you've been posting in your last three responses?

twinstaiye:

- Is there another book that places God into the center of life and gives the value He deserves? - No.
Really? What about the bible?

twinstaiye:

- Is there another book on the earth, explains the events that can not be known 1400 years ago and all its information true; from the depths of the space to under the seas, from the development in our mother’s womb to the end of the universe? - No
- Is there any serious book which gives meaning to life, and says there is an after life and gives the mankind the hope he needs. - No
- Is there another book which while achieving all these, has also a mathematical code system and keeps together the wholeness in its meaning and code? - No
The above are but unsubstantiated piece of drivel. More like a drowning man clutching at straws! What is the proof for all this grand deception you present us with? How does the quran give meaniing to life and yet demand it to be taken in such vile manner as stoning, cutting off hands and feet, beheading e.t.c?
What is this nonsense about a mathematical code? of what use is it to mankind?
Is there another book on earth that explaiins the sun setting in a muddy spring and hallucinates about a flat earth? - No

twinstaiye:

- Is there another book which confirms all the prophets throughout history, Noah, Moses and Jesus…, the prophets who brought common messages? A Book which approves all the prophets and their books, since it is the last book. - No
Noah and Moses brought a common message, the message of salvation to the world through the body of Jesus Christ and His blood shed on the cross of calvary.
Is there any other book that takes plagiarism to greater heights? - No
How does the quran approve "prophets" that brought a message that was vastly opposite to that of the maurading bandit called mohammed? What books did the quran approve of? The "distorted" bible?

twinstaiye:

All the data show that the book which has the biggest claim is also the biggest miracle. The miracles of the Quran never end, everyday a new miracle is revealed:
Where are these non-existent miracles? Is it only visible to muslims?
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2007
@twinstaiye,

Where are the miracles that Muhammad's *allah performed to bless the lives of the needy?
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2007
the fact that we cannot "see" those "obvious" miracles is a miracle in itself!
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2007
I'm now in the "waiting" mode for that answer. undecided
Re: Glorious Quran by olsmade(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2007
U see, Davidylan, Shahan, n y'all that think the Quran's a joke n dat Muhammad(PBUH) is a fake, let me just say this, get your facts right. it aint enough 2 come on nairaland n start discussing. heaven's sake, this is a thread for people dat have already researched n know d basics of islam. i've read so many of the posts n diz stuff cant be explained on the forum, i must tell you. if U really wanna know about Islam, the quran n Muhammad(PBUH), get books on islam or browse muslim sites. if u cant do this, then aint got nothing 2 say 2 u.

Peace.

N pls if u r gonna reply to dis post, be kind enuf to reply in mild language. this aint no war.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2007
olsmade:

U see, Davidylan, Shahan, n y'all that think the Quran's a joke n that Muhammad(PBUH) is a fake, let me just say this, get your facts right. it aint enough 2 come on nairaland n start discussing. heaven's sake, this is a thread for people that have already researched n know d basics of islam. i've read so many of the posts n diz stuff can't be explained on the forum, i must tell you. if U really want to know about Islam, the quran n Muhammad(PBUH), get books on islam or browse muslim sites. if u can't do this, then aint got nothing 2 say 2 u.

Peace.

N please if you're going to reply to this post, be kind enough to reply in mild language. this aint no war.

grin I laugh! you have said nothing except exhibit the usual islamist escapist strategy whenever they are faced with their own lies and deception. When islam and its demon possessed leader is questioned, they come up with such lame excuses as yours.
Why cant islam be explained on a forum since the christian faith can?
Why do we really have to read about islam in books and browse muslim sites when there are over a billion muslims who can explain to their neighbours why they must die for a fanatical heretic to inherit 72 virgins?

What are really this amorphous "basics of islam"? Are there other things that we are not privy to?
why cant you as a person constructively give us answers to our most pressing questions rather than being evasive or promptly pointing out some bible verse ferreted out from the webpage of deluded miscreants?

No one has argued that mohammed is a fake! We all know he existed at one point, it is his handiworks that we are up in arms against.
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 8:12pm On Jan 19, 2007
@olsmade,

There's no need to feel intimidated by asking for mild language in replies to yours. People on Nairaland are intelligent folks who are reasonable and civil enough to address issues. I think your plea is more suited to your apologists who are very often losing the plot.

In any case, can you please tell us what you have researched about Muhammad, the Qur'an and the religion of Islam? We've been to many Islamic websites and back, and might we add that we were appalled by the duplicity most muslim scholars employ to cover-up the grey areas of Muhammad.

Meanwhile, can you also take the challenge to read the life and ministry of Jesus Christ in the Bible? Can you come away after that and still see Jesus Christ as a "slave" to *allah against the backdrop of Muhammad's self-confessed sins?
Re: Glorious Quran by mrpataki(m): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2007
olsmade:

U see, Davidylan, Shahan, n y'all that think the Quran's a joke n that Muhammad(PBUH) is a fake, let me just say this, get your facts right. it aint enough 2 come on nairaland n start discussing. heaven's sake, this is a thread for people that have already researched n know d basics of islam. i've read so many of the posts n diz stuff can't be explained on the forum, i must tell you. if U really want to know about Islam, the quran n Muhammad(PBUH), get books on islam or browse muslim sites. if u can't do this, then aint got nothing 2 say 2 u.

Peace.

N please if you're going to reply to this post, be kind enough to reply in mild language. this aint no war.

Agreed that this forum is meant for one to be enlightened and educated on things we never saw or realised. One of such is the falsehood of Islam , and squalid idea that originated with it, and this as well includes Mohammed. No where has any question be thrown at us that we have not backed our answers with the Word of God.

Honor beckons on you and your fellow muslim brothers to do likewise!
Rather you refer us to pre-judiced websites that go as well to authenticate the pedantry that exist in Islam.

It would rather be appreciated if your response to the questions that we raise about islam are addressed rather than adopt the escapist strategy.
Re: Glorious Quran by mukina2: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2007
shahan:

There's no need to feel intimidated by asking for mild language in replies to yours. People on Nairaland are intelligent folks who are reasonable and civil enough to address issues. I think your plea is more suited to your apologists who are very often losing the plot.

Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 1:11am On Jan 20, 2007
everyone is deluded in his or her own way.

Islam is the most practicing faith i've ever come across. I bet more muslims have a shot into Paradise than christians have shot into Heaven.

and I don't believe Islam is a false religion. Even if you compared early christianity to the one we have now, you probably would think they were different religions. As long as the same God is worshipped (Allah or God, and other names he has), then i don't see any problem with it anyways.

i don't think anyone should be up and arms about the 72 virgin thing. The Quran was written centuries ago. ideas like that were considered the norm. Even the Bible contains some really provocative ideologies. especially Old Testament which was written even at an earlier time period.
but then, we're in the 21st century and a lot of muslims don't believe in that especially the ones who live in secular. . .oops i mean westernized christian countries.

yeah many middle eastern muslims still believe in it? well, many christians in Africa also still believe in accusing their parents,anyone and everyone of witchcraft. I don't see the difference.

even President Obasanjo who was christian (and more westernized since he doesn't live in a farm village anymore at least) supported throwing homosexuals into jail and whatnot. I really don't see how much of a difference that is with Sharia.

The early American puritans were christians too (there are still some of them around) lipsrsealed do you want to defend their actions? They're following the bible aren't they?

I personally don't judge religion as a whole because it's impractical to do that. Plus, people interprete their bibles, qurans differently.
just look at the people's good and moral deeds as well as the level of their practicality (in their faith).

as much as western propaganda might like you to think, all muslims aren't suicide bombing terrorists. ok? grin
we have the extreme muslims and the regular muslims like Munika2. don't hate on Islam

@Davidylan, why is God refered to as "HE" in the bible always. why aren't there any much females and all that except for the few Ruth, Deborah, Sarah etc compared to the plethora of males.

You sure there's no such thing as gender bias in the bible? lol lipsrsealed

and they'll call others delusional
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 1:29am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

I presume that pretty much sums up your own delusion, judging from the fact that you neither know for certain what both faiths are actually about.

WesleyanA:

I personally don't judge religion. just look at the people's good and moral deeds as well as the level of their practicality. Muslims win hand down on this.

Lol, you personally don't judge religion. . . then at the end you judged what you claim you don't.

WesleyanA:

why is God refered to as "HE" in the bible always. why aren't there any much females and all that except for the few Ruth, Deborah, Sarah etc compared to the plethora of males.

Neither Ruth, nor Deborah, nor Sarah are God - there. The fact that they're mentioned should set the stage as to why no woman is prominently mentioned as playing a historical part in Islamic theological eschatology.

WesleyanA:

In just precisely the way they've demonstrated the point to be called such.
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 1:48am On Jan 20, 2007
shahan:

I presume that pretty much sums up your own delusion, judging from the fact that you neither know for certain what both faiths are actually about.

Lol, you personally don't judge religion. . . then at the end you judged what you claim you don't.

Neither Ruth, nor Deborah, nor Sarah are God - there. The fact that they're mentioned should set the stage as to why no woman is prominently mentioned as playing a historical part in Islamic theological eschatology.

In just precisely the way they've demonstrated the point to be called such.

I don't think any deluded person will call his/herself deluded. remember how they used to say "mad people don't believe they're mad"

Muslims win hands down in their practicality is what I intended and then I realized that you guys will misinterprete me so i took it out. doesn't matter anyways. The second line of my post mentions the same thing in a more understandable way. They pray more, etc and follow their faith more than christians do. That's not judging religion. It's judging practicing believers. Muslims does not equal Islam

I never called Ruth, Deborah or Sarah God. don't twist my words. Men are prominently mentioned because the book was written centuries ago and the perceptions of the people then were almost extremely biased gender-wise (according to today's standards), so there!
People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you believe muslims are delusional, they also believe that YOU are delusional.
That's why i said everyone is delusional in his/her own way.
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 2:19am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

I don't think any deluded person will call his/herself deluded. remember how they used to say "mad people don't believe they're mad"

Precisely - and I'm just about wondering if that is self-descriptive about you (and sincerely, I wouldn't even wish it so by any stretch).

WesleyanA:

Muslims win hands down in their practicality is what I intended and then I realized that you guys will misinterprete me so i took it out.

Nevermind, we're all misunderstood one way or the other; and in the arena of fair reason we just never get lucky these days about reading entries that mean what they say and say what they mean. This applies both ways, trust me, as I'm not erudite enough as not to make mistakes. cheesy

WesleyanA:

doesn't matter anyways. The second line of my post mentions the same thing in a more understandable way.

Okay.

WesleyanA:

They pray more, etc and follow their faith more than christians do.

What a laugh. You really have a small view of what prayer means to practising Christians. Muslims gather five times a day for prayers in open squares and mosques doesn't prove that Christians pray less. I personally know Christians who are committed in prayer far more beyond the outward expression by which you measure their Muslim counterparts.

WesleyanA:

That's not judging religion. It's judging practicing believers. Muslims does not equal Islam

Let's just take this as grown-ups. Where is the Muslim without Islam? In real Islamic ideology, you just do not separate the one from the other - and any Muslim will tell you that. The Muslim who denies that may do so just for the sake of arguments, and not because it holds true.

WesleyanA:

I never called Ruth, Deborah or Sarah God. don't twist my words.

You sounded like it, so don't lose your cool about it.

WesleyanA:

Men are prominently mentioned because the book was written centuries ago and the perceptions of the people then were almost extremely biased gender-wise (according to today's standards), so there!

Applause. And where does that leave the winning side - Muslim or Islam??

WesleyanA:

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Both ways. Actually I throw rocks!! cheesy
Ok, Wes. . . just chill. I've been pelted one too many times, and who says one can't have some fun and see the brighter side of life?

WesleyanA:

If you believe muslims are delusional, they also believe that YOU are delusional.

Not new, and no big deal, actually. Before I became a Christian, I heard that being blared endlessly by Muslim clerics. What is quaint is that the R-IQ of those folks on Nairaland is unmatched, thankfully.

WesleyanA:

That's why i said everyone is delusional in his/her own way.

You mean. . . like yours? Okay, I actually don't waste time on that and can focus on vital issues on just about any topic.

The thing is, there's this idea that people banter words about so that Islam is given a cosmetic face-lift. Good for anyone who is deluded enough to miss the obvious, as long as they allow me to suffer my own delusion to reject the pretended claims of the Quraish prophet.

All the same, cheers Wes. cheesy
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

What an excellent way to prempt the conclusion reached about you by any reader who takes more than a cursory glance at your disjointed ramblings that are bereft of critical reasoning.

WesleyanA:

Islam is the most practicing faith i've ever come across. I bet more muslims have a shot into Paradise than christians have shot into Heaven.
What do you define as "most practicing faith"? That they kneel down openly to pray 5 times daily while christians do theirs behind closed doors?
Here is what Christ Himself said: Mathew 6: 5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Classic example of the more you look the less you see. Not everyone with eyes is truly with sight!
Could you please enlighten on why muslims are shot to paradise and christians to heaven? What is the difference between the two since the bible also uses both interchangeably? Since you definitely have not the foggiest idea, may i submit that the above line was written without recourse to analytical reasoning.

WesleyanA:

and I don't believe Islam is a false religion.
Neither do i believe you have any knowledge of either christianity or islam as a religion.

WesleyanA:

Even if you compared early christianity to the one we have now, you probably would think they were different religions.
Yep. Now God is more longsuffering! In the days of Paul and Peter, people like you who uttered such blasphemy as these would have perished in the same manner as annanias and saphira!

WesleyanA:

As long as the same God is worshipped (Allah or God, and other names he has), then i don't see any problem with it anyways.
The God you worship must be a different one, perhaps he is the same as that the muslims worship. It cannot be the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! Your seeing "no problem" with it does not change the color of the grass outside.

WesleyanA:

i don't think anyone should be up and arms about the 72 virgin thing. The Quran was written centuries ago. ideas like that were considered the norm. Even the Bible contains some really provocative ideologies. especially Old Testament which was written even at an earlier time period.
but then, we're in the 21st century and a lot of muslims don't believe in that especially the ones who live in secular. . .oops i mean westernized christian countries.
I'm glad you mentioned that those muslims who dont believe in such hideous islamic traditions are those in christian countries. Perhaps their lack of belief is predicated on the fact that sanity prevails in christian countries and marrying more than 1 wife is against the law! The muslims that would be ideal for reference would be those in Saudi Arabia where Islam was founded! You do not make sweeping generalisations about Jews using those living in Uganda as examples!
Could you please enlighten us on the biblical "provocative ideologies"? I'd rather work with detailed examples than mere generalisations based on mere abstract thinking that have no basis!

WesleyanA:

yeah many middle eastern muslims still believe in it? well, many christians in Africa also still believe in accusing their parents,anyone and everyone of witchcraft. I don't see the difference.
Perhaps it would interest you to note that witchcraft beliefs are firmly rooted in the culture of Africans and has absolutely nothing to do with their christian beliefs! A true christian does not sit in fear of wizards and witches! Here is what God said: Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

WesleyanA:

even President Obasanjo who was christian (and more westernized since he doesn't live in a farm village anymore at least) supported throwing homosexuals into jail and whatnot. I really don't see how much of a difference that is with Sharia.
It is easy to detect people who lack wisdom! They use the actions of one isolated mortal as a yardstick for describing an entire population. Where in the bible did it mention a jail term for homosexuals? Is Obasanjo the yardstick by which we measure christianity?

WesleyanA:

The early American puritans were christians too (there are still some of them around) lipsrsealed do you want to defend their actions? They're following the bible aren't they?

I personally don't judge religion as a whole because it's impractical to do that. Plus, people interprete their bibles, qurans differently.
just look at the people's good and moral deeds as well as the level of their practicality (in their faith).

as much as western propaganda might like you to think, all muslims aren't suicide bombing terrorists. ok? grin
we have the extreme muslims and the regular muslims like Munika2. don't hate on Islam
We've heard this a thousand times before. The same crap spewed forth by politically correct pacifists who are neither here nor there. They jump when we criticise islam and say we are hating. Ii would be eagerly looking forward to the next terror attack where these same faceless individuals are directly affected. Then we can now see if they still believe their nonsense.
If mere morals and "levels of praticality" (i refuse to use faith here because you have no idea what it means!) where enough to get us to heaven, none of us would be sitting on the religion threads today. We'd be busy increasing our good deeds count!

WesleyanA:

@Davidylan, why is God refered to as "HE" in the bible always. why aren't there any much females and all that except for the few Ruth, Deborah, Sarah etc compared to the plethora of males.
Perhaps you might want to ask why the earth is gender biased towards the female. I have been wondering why the earth and almost every non-living things is refered to as a "she"! Why arent there any male earths, mountains, storms, hurricanes?

WesleyanA:

You sure there's no such thing as gender bias in the bible? lol lipsrsealed
I like muslims, at least they know where they stand, firmly rooted in the dark. It is those who are lukewarm i dislike, they are neither here nor there! Such are the ones who exhibit this level of ignorance!
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 2:59am On Jan 20, 2007
@ Shahan

That's not judging religion. It's judging practicing believers. Muslims does not equal Islam

Let's just take this as grown-ups. Where is the Muslim without Islam? In real Islamic ideology, you just do not separate the one from the other - and any Muslim will tell you that. The Muslim who denies that may do so just for the sake of arguments, and not because it holds true.
the way I see it:
Muslims are people who practice islam
and Islam is the religion they practice.
you can categorize people as 'radical muslim' or 'moderate muslim'
but you can't say 'radical islam' or 'moderate islam'

so in my opinion, Islam is one and it is the various believer's opinions and views that determine how they'll practice it whether radicaly, conservatively or in between.

at least i won't be saying Islam practice muslims. lol. they're not the same to me.

What a laugh. You really have a small view of what prayer means to practising Christians. Muslims gather five times a day for prayers in open squares and mosques doesn't prove that Christians pray less. I personally know Christians who are committed in prayer far more beyond the outward expression by which you measure their Muslim counterparts.

Sorry but I also had to laugh. lol
I have muslim friends too (nigerians, and middle-easterns) they pray A LOT and never swear.
My christian friends on the other hand ( except for the few that they label as "bible thumpers" you would fall into this category), , oh God it's a different case.
I'm using this proportionally though because there are way more christians than muslims that I'm friends with but propotionally,, yeah.
Also, it's like a common belief that muslims don't usually play with their faith.

The christian nations are getting so secularized and that's the reason (I believe) that many (who are objective) take christianity in higher esteem than Islam.

I guess we have different opinions about stuff which is good. and you're nice about it unlike Davidylan who believes everyone who doesn't accept his opinion is stupid or something.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

@ Shahan

the way I see it:
Muslims are people who practice islam
and Islam is the religion they practice.
you can categorize people as 'radical muslim' or 'moderate muslim'but you can't say 'radical islam' or 'moderate islam'

so in my opinion, Islam is one and it is the various believer's opinions and views that determine how they'll practice it whether radicaly, conservatively or in between.

The "classifications" of muslims into either radical or moderate is purely a media invention and has nothing to do with defining a true muslim.

Islam is one? Thank God you said "in your oppininon"! Perhaps you might want to enlighten us on why we have sunni moslems, shia muslims e.t.c. since islam is one!
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 3:10am On Jan 20, 2007
Lol, @Wes. . . cheesy

Of course, I understood where you're coming from and wouldn't like to stretch it by dragging on any arguments. Yeah, like I said before, loads of people have labelled me variously - and you won't believe that some of them are actually Muslims. So, I'd take that quip as a teaser that Muslims don't swear - they do. You haven't heard half the story when they gather for a so-called protest against the 'infidels'.

All the same, we had fun and good exchanges. Have a very enjoyable night. wink
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 3:31am On Jan 20, 2007
Could you please enlighten on why muslims are shot to paradise and christians to heaven? What is the difference between the two since the bible also uses both interchangeably? Since you definitely have not the foggiest idea, may i submit that the above line was written without recourse to analytical reasoning.

Muslims primarily call it Paradise
Christians primarily call it Heaven

I was being 'sensitivity conscious' so in case you don't come to attack me for saying faithful muslims and christians go on to the same place.
since you dislike Islam so much. lol
I guess it didn't work?

should I call black people African American instead of Black Americans? can i use that interchangeably? grin

Yep. Now God is more longsuffering! In the days of Paul and Peter, people like you who uttered such blasphemy as these would have perished in the same manner as annanias and saphira!

You proved my point I guess. grin

so why are you complaining about the wordings of the Quran
If christians then did such thing and it was okay, why are you condeming the Islam religion for the actions of it's followers?
that's like the christian equivalent of sharia -what i just quoted you on.

Could you please enlighten us on the biblical "provocative ideologies"? I'd rather work with detailed examples than mere generalisations based on mere abstract thinking that have no basis!

what i quoted you on (above). yeah work with it.

I'm glad you mentioned that those muslims who don't believe in such hideous islamic traditions are those in christian countries. Perhaps their lack of belief is predicated on the fact that sanity prevails in christian countries and marrying more than 1 wife is against the law! The muslims that would be ideal for reference would be those in Saudi Arabia where Islam was founded! You do not make sweeping generalisations about Jews using those living in Uganda as examples!

they're not in christian countries, they're in secular countries with secular laws.
Muslims living in christian parts of Nigeria will be just as radical
while ones living in lets say USA will be moderate.

that's why i said this
"The christian nations are getting so secularized and that's the reason (I believe) that many (who are objective) take christianity in higher esteem than Islam."

Perhaps it would interest you to note that witchcraft beliefs are firmly rooted in the culture of Africans and has absolutely nothing to do with their christian beliefs!

was it also rooted in the culture of Puritans? and the witch trials had nothing to do with their christian beliefs? lol

It is easy to detect people who lack wisdom! They use the actions of one isolated mortal as a yardstick for describing an entire population. Where in the bible did it mention a jail term for homosexuals? Is Obasanjo the yardstick by which we measure christianity?
True. even the numerous Nigerian Bishops and pastors that supported it shouldn't be used as yardsticks.
unfortunately, many christians use the "guilt by association" to catigorize the Islamic religion as being suicide-bombing-terrorist-loving-radical-evil.
you see how this is wrong don't you?

btway. that wasn't my point. my point was, it's more likely for jail terms for homosexuals to be supported by christians in Africa than christians in the Western countries.
which also supports my point that muslims in other countries are likely to be more radical than muslims in the western countries

which supports my point that this is not the problem of religion but rather a problem of culture, civilization e.t.c

so yeah there is nothing wrong with the quran or Islam as a religion.
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 3:34am On Jan 20, 2007
shahan:

So, I'd take that quip as a teaser that Muslims don't swear - they do. You haven't heard half the story when they gather for a so-called protest against the 'infidels'.

I take that back then. now that i think about it. lol
I was just stating the attitutes of my friends in general

thanks.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

Muslims primarily call it Paradise
Christians primarily call it Heaven
Doesnt seem you really understand the concept you are talking about. Paradise is used uncountable times in the bible. i wonder where you got the idea that christians primarily refer to it as heaven!

WesleyanA:

so why are you complaining about the wordings of the Quran
[b]If christians then did such thing and it was okay, why are you condeming the Islam religion for the actions of it's followers?[/b]that's like the christian equivalent of sharia -what i just quoted you on.
Still happily quiping in crass ignorance. If you had read the story of ananias and saphira you would notice Peter was not the one who killed them neither is it stipulated in the bible unlike in islam that we must kill all heretics! Rather we are admonished to love them.

WesleyanA:

what i quoted you on (above). yeah work with it.
Last i checked, you quoted nothing. Unless you are refering to ur baseless generalisations.

WesleyanA:

they're not in christian countries, they're in secular countries with secular laws.
What is your definition of a secular country? Virtually all European countries and the USA were founded on the principles of christianity from where they derived most of their present day laws!

WesleyanA:

Muslims living in christian parts of Nigeria will be just as radical
while ones living in lets say USA will be moderate.
This is just pure nonsense. How many radical muslims do we have in Lagos or Edo state?
What makes muslims in the USA moderate and those in christian areas of Nigeria radical?
If by your warped logic, muslims are moderate simply because they live in "secular" countries, are you trying to insinuate that Nigeria is not a secular country which is why muslims here are radical? Is it not because there are laws that are enforced in the US unlike in northern Nigeria where there are not only sacred cows, but goats and chickens?

WesleyanA:

that's why i said this
"The christian nations are getting so secularized and that's the reason (I believe) that many (who are objective) take christianity in higher esteem than Islam."
you are just confused. First you call them secular countries, next you say christian nations are getting secular! Two quotes above you claimed these "moderate" muslims are NOT in christian countries but in secular countries, now you claim that christian nations are getting secular. Pray, where are these secular countries that are different from christian countries that your dear "moderate" muslims live?

WesleyanA:

unfortunately, many christians use the "guilt by association" to catigorize the Islamic religion as being suicide-bombing-terrorist-loving-radical-evil.
you see how this is wrong don't you?
I see nothing but an ignorant individual trying to push through an incoherent point. Many of you are guilty of ignorance and political correctness rather than genuine objectivity. If only you had bothered to pore through a few of the commandments in the quran!

WesleyanA:

btway. that wasn't my point. my point was, it's more likely for jail terms for homosexuals to be supported by christians in Africa than christians in the Western countries. (many Nigerian Bishops even supported it)
which also supports my point that muslims in other countries are likely to be more radical than muslims in the western countries
the jail term for homosexuals was passed by a nigerian senate that is majority muslim! It was not canvassed by our pastors and christian brothers! Madam, you could do with some thinking outside the box!
Do muslims become radical simply because bishops support a jail term for homosexuals? Are the muslims in western countries really moderate because homosexuality is not against the law?
Did you know that home grown terrorists were involved with the July 7 bomb attacks in London? Are there jail terms for homosexuals there?
What of the oklahoma city bomber timothy mcveigh? what of richard ried the shoe bomber? Are these men from nigeria?

WesleyanA:

which supports my point that this is not the problem of religion but rather a problem of culture, civilization e.t.c
Again you really have no point here! What is this universal culture that is making islamic fundamentalism rear its ugly head in London, USA, Nigeria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Indonesia, Australia, Spain e.t.c.? What civilization are you talking about here?

WesleyanA:

so yeah there is nothing wrong with the quran or Islam as a religion.

All that nonsense to come to this conclusion? By all means convert to islam!
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 4:49am On Jan 20, 2007
Doesnt seem you really understand the concept you are talking about. Paradise is used uncountable times in the bible. i wonder where you got the idea that christians primarily refer to it as heaven!

lol. Christians do primarily refer to it as heaven. quit arguing over nonsense and rubbish.
You call it heaven all the time and you know it. how many times have you or christian pastors said stuff like "sit on the right side of God in paradise"
no muslim usually use that. christians use "heaven" lol

Last i checked, you quoted nothing. Unless you are refering to your baseless generalisations.

I was refering to your allusion to ananias and sapphira and the rest of the stuff that went on (in the bible and among christians) before God decided to be more "longsuffering"

What is your definition of a secular country? Virtually all European countries and the USA were founded on the principles of christianity from where they derived most of their present day laws!

uh-uh!! and that's why it's now illegal to use prayer in schools and govt workplaces/ spaces in general.
It's also why it was being debated whether to rename the "christmas tree" at the white house to "national tree"
and that's why it's also ok for priests to be gay (gay marriage is legalized in massachusetts. i don't know about that and principles of christianity. do you?)
And that's also why many of the laws are being modified to fit the modern day.

lol. take it. Most western countries are becoming more and more secular everyday. why do you argue over what you yourself know to be true?

This is just pure nonsense. How many radical muslims do we have in Lagos or Edo state?
What makes muslims in the USA moderate and those in christian areas of Nigeria radical?
If by your warped logic, muslims are moderate simply because they live in "secular" countries, are you trying to insinuate that Nigeria is not a secular country which is why muslims here are radical? Is it not because there are laws that are enforced in the US unlike in northern Nigeria where there are not only sacred cows, but goats and chickens?

USA is more liberal and Nigeria is more conservative
If you ask a muslim in lagos if he/she believes in 72 virgins and Sharia, he/she is more likely to tell you YES than a muslim in the US,
because the liberal western culture (women rights, human rights e.t.c) would have influenced the American Muslim. Trust me I have them as friends and i bet you do too.

it's perfectly logical and you yourself know that.

you are just confused. First you call them secular countries, next you say christian nations are getting secular! Two quotes above you claimed these "moderate" muslims are NOT in christian countries but in secular countries, now you claim that christian nations are getting secular. Pray, where are these secular countries that are different from christian countries that your dear "moderate" muslims live?

I think you're the one confused.
this section of your post makes no sense whatsoever. read it yourself. lol

western countries are becoming more and more secular period. the US can actually be called a secular country in regards to the government. beliefs are practiced in personal spaces and don't conflict with how the nation is governed (unlike countries in the middle-east where religion has way way more influence)

when religion had a lot of influence in early America, we know what happened with the puritans. lol
i don't know why you didn't try to argue that.

If only you had bothered to pore through a few of the commandments in the quran!
yeah. what i haven't already seen in the Bible? God commanded people to go kill women and children.
you said it yourself that he has become more "longsuffering"
so what's your point. lol
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 5:03am On Jan 20, 2007
Again you really have no point here! What is this universal culture that is making islamic fundamentalism rear its ugly head in London, USA, Nigeria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Indonesia, Australia, Spain e.t.c.? What civilization are you talking about here?

for some reason, these fundamentalists are immigrants or 2nd generation. so they're really not Western.
most of them are from the middle-east basically.
and the rest of them most likely aren't integrated with the rest of the western world/culture.

I refuse to see the problem as the fault of a religion. If it was so, we would still be having witch trials in America today. even slavery (some southerners used the bible as an argument for slavery)

to me, it has to do with civilization and culture basically. things change and perspectives about things change. but in some countries they don't. usually the underdeveloped countries are more likely to be like that.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

lol. Christians do primarily refer to it as heaven. quit arguing over nonsense and rubbish.
You call it heaven all the time and you know it. how many times have you or christian pastors said stuff like "sit on the right side of God in paradise"
no muslim usually use that. christians use "heaven" lol
Luke 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

2 Corinthians 12:4
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Revelation 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Maybe you can tell the bible to stop saying rubbish and nonsense!

WesleyanA:

uh-uh!! and that's why it's now illegal to use prayer in schools and govt workplaces/ spaces in general.
It's also why it was being debated whether to rename the "christmas tree" at the white house to "national tree"
and that's why it's also ok for priests to be gay (gay marriage is legalized in massachusetts. i don't know about that and principles of christianity. do you?)
And that's also why many of the laws are being modified to fit the modern day.

lol. take it. Most western countries are becoming more and more secular everyday. why do you argue over what you yourself know to be true?
That christian nations (aka western nations) are becoming more secular has never been in doubt from day 1. That christianity is being stripped from government is thanks to those who are bent on separating church from state quite unlike what obtains in your beloved muslim nations where the state is the religion!
And stop using the same hollow arguments that muslims use, gay priests do not represent the vast majority of christians. That there are homosexuals in america does not suddenly portray all americans as homosexual!  Gay marriage being legalised in massahusetts, i thought you told us that the US was now a secular state? What is the connection between the legalisation of gay marriages and christian principles?

WesleyanA:

USA is more liberal and Nigeria is more conservative
If you ask a muslim in lagos if he/she believes in 72 virgins and Sharia, he/she is more likely to tell you YES than a muslim in the US,
because the liberal western culture (women rights, human rights e.t.c) would have influenced the American Muslim. Trust me I have them as friends and i bet you do too.
Just keep digging your hole deeper. When did you conduct your survey on muslims in Lagos and America? Where are the Lagos muslims who are running after 72 virgins that are SPECIFICALLY RESERVED FOR MUSLIM MARTYRS!!!!! How many Lagos muslims have opted to be martyred for the 72 virgins?
Pray, why did this same "liberal western culture" not influence the home grown London bombers? I know you have friends, unfortunately they are not the face of islam!

WesleyanA:

western countries are becoming more and more secular period. the US can actually be called a secular country in regards to the government. beliefs are practiced in personal spaces and don't conflict with how the nation is governed.
Is anyone arguing this? U might want to compare and contrast this with what obtains in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Sudan, Egypt e.t.c.!
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 5:11am On Jan 20, 2007

The "classifications" of muslims into either radical or moderate is purely a media invention and has nothing to do with defining a true muslim.

Islam is one? Thank God you said "in your oppininon"! Perhaps you might want to enlighten us on why we have sunni moslems, shia muslims e.t.c. since islam is one!

I should have said "liberal" "moderate" and "conservative" muslims and in between.
The more conservative ones are usually referred to as being "radical"
of course they are not radical in their states (the 'liberal' ones would be "radical" in muslim states)
so, it's not a media invention.
African Americans carrying Afros are considered to be radical in the US.

Islam is ONE if you go by the Quran. People however have different interpretations of Allah's words and the difference might have etched it's place in too deep.
Just like christians. we have the catholics who interpret the bible differently and the Jehovah witnesses who interpret the bible differently than lets say celestians or protestants.

but all in all, core beliefs make the religion ONE even though ideologies might be different.
Re: Glorious Quran by WesleyanA(f): 5:14am On Jan 20, 2007
Davidylan, QUIT IT. most christians refer to it as HEAVEN full stop. when the other christians come on here, we'll ask them whether they refer to it as paradise or heaven.

yeah God is also Jehovah but most christians refer to him as God
yeah Jesus is also Messiah but most christians refer to him as Jesus

so quit it. doesn't matter what word choice i use.ok?

you know what. fine muslims and christians go to paradise. you happy now? lol

making a big deal out of nothing.

That christian nations (aka western nations) are becoming more secular has never been in doubt from day 1. That christianity is being stripped from government is thanks to those who are bent on separating church from state quite unlike what obtains in your beloved muslim nations where the state is the religion!
And stop using the same hollow arguments that muslims use, gay priests do not represent the vast majority of christians. That there are homosexuals in america does not suddenly portray all americans as homosexual! Gay marriage being legalised in massahusetts, i thought you told us that the US was now a secular state? What is the connection between the legalisation of gay marriages and christian principles?

Exactly. so you do agree that in muslim nations, the state is the religion! the religion is basically etched into their laws (sharia e.t.c)
gay priets don't represent christians but IT IS ALLOWED. that the point i'm trying to make.
gay marriage IS legalized in Mass. because obviously the people making the laws weren't thinking "omg does the bible support this? freak"

my connection is that: In muslim nations, gay marriages will not be allowed because it goes against the laws that are dependent upon the religion
in US on the other hand, it is allowed because the laws aren't dependent upon any religion.

that's my point.
and in connecting this with culture and civilization, what do you expect from a country that bases all it's laws on a book written centuries ago? rather than modify it at least to fit the modern day.

If the US laws were based on the bible (it has happened before and you know what the results were), the stuff you're saying about muslims, you would find christianity equally guilty of.

so yeah. There is nothing wrong with islam (the religion).
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

for some reason, these fundamentalists are immigrants or 2nd generation. so they're really not Western.
most of them are from the middle-east basically.
and the rest of them most likely aren't integrated with the rest of the western world/culture.

I refuse to see the problem as the fault of a religion. If it was so, we would still be having witch trials in America today. even slavery (some southerners used the bible as an argument for slavery)

to me, it has to do with civilization and culture basically. things change and perspectives about things change. but in some countries they don't. usually the underdeveloped countries are more likely to be like that.

What about the muslims in Nigeria, Sudan, Jordan, Somalia, Indonesia, Spain, Chechnya?

What universal culture makes them to martyr innocent civilians in the hopes of 72 virgins in the hereafter?
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

Davidylan, QUIT IT. most christians refer to it as HEAVEN full stop. when the other christians come on here, we'll ask them whether they refer to it as paradise or heaven.

yeah God is also Jehovah but most christians refer to him as God
yeah Jesus is also Messiah but most christians refer to him as Jesus

so quit it. doesn't matter what word choice i use.ok?

making a big deal out of nothing.

its not making a big deal out of nothing, it is correcting a falsehood that you put forward with so much authority! It does not matter what "all christians" call it, it is what the bible says that matters!
Ad word choices matter especially when they are used to mislead and decieve!

WesleyanA:

I should have said "liberal" "moderate" and "conservative" muslims and in between.
The more conservative ones are usually referred to as being "radical"
of course they are not radical in their states (the 'liberal' ones would be "radical" in muslim states)
so, it's not a media invention.
African Americans carrying Afros are considered to be radical in the US.
Sinking in another deep hole? All the appelations u use above are mere media inventions. The words are not found in any quran neither where they proposed by mohammed!

WesleyanA:

Islam is ONE if you go by the Quran. People however have different interpretations of Allah's words and the difference might have etched it's place in too deep.
Tell that to the shias and the sunnis!
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 20, 2007
WesleyanA:

Hopefully what you mean here is that both muslims and christians go to separate places that are both called paradise! Christians certainly do not go to a paradise where there is no worship and sex, booze, homosexualism and hedonism are primary "rewards" for "steadfast worship"!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

Evangelist Chidi Ibinado Accused Of Fraud / The Christmas Debate- What Is God's Opinion? / See Why It Will Be Difficult For Many To Enter Into Heaven, Don't Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 237
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.