Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335750 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
spikesC:
Has anyone made a withdrawal with their Naira MasterCard recently in the UK? Has the ban been lifted?
Also, if possible what's the limit on GTB Naira MasterCard

90 pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pato231(m): 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dongreat:

Ok. Thanks for your opinion man. Always helpful
From my experience they might have flagged your sisters name after her intended university verified with UKVI. This could be caused by name similarity, as was in my case. When I was studying in the U.K. I travelled round Europe quite often, after a few months unnoticed on my return back into the country the Immigration officers asked me more questions than normal, this continued until on another day I returned from I think Brussels the officer was black and a Nigerian, so he told me each time my passport is swiped it flashes an alert because I was just denied a visa in Lagos Nigeria so how can I be here in the U.K. I was perplexed and he checked and saw my first and last name was same with the guy denied in Lagos hence the system sees me as the person just because of the similarity. This might be what's at play here, I am sure further checks will reveal just a slight system error. Stay blessed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2016
pato231:

From my experience they might have flagged your sisters name after her intended university verified with UKVI. This could be caused by name similarity, as was in my case. When I was studying in the U.K. I travelled round Europe quite often, after a few months unnoticed on my return back into the country the Immigration officers asked me more questions than normal, this continued until on another day I returned from I think Brussels the officer was black and a Nigerian, so he told me each time my passport is swiped it flashes an alert because I was just denied a visa in Lagos Nigeria so how can I be here in the U.K. I was perplexed and he checked and saw my first and last name was same with the guy denied in Lagos hence the system sees me as the person just because of the similarity. This might be what's at play here, I am sure further checks will reveal just a slight system error. Stay blessed

Thanks man. I have decided to call the guy in charge of the admission office on Monday to explain everything to him cos my sis is quite down and angry too and she is at her worse state to make the right call.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dongreat:

Thanks man. I have decided to call the guy in charge of the admission office on Monday to explain everything to him cos my sis is quite down and angry too and she is at her worse state to make the right call.

Well said.....I think it's good you call them to explain and probably get more information from them as well as clarify all that needs to be resolved. But bear in mind they may not give you all the attention and necessary information as they would your sister (cos of data protection and 3rd party). If that happens your just have to console her n put her in d right state of mind to clear it out with them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 18, 2016
Please guys, what is the current exchange rate? i mean GBP to NAIRA? and also.. will 8m - 9m (bank statement) be enough to sustain ones self and wifey for a year in a city like manchester, everton or leicester and can anyone suggest a very cheap school in those cities with hot courses you know sells very good in these very cities? and will the embassy issue a visa based on that bank statement? thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayla1: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
@justwise @OlowoB and other members, I'm not sure you guys remember my case. I was the one that lost my scholarship cos I cud not save enough for maintenance. Now I do and I will be travelling with my partner.

I will appreciate any advice coming from you all in order to have a successful visa application process. I started counting my 28days from 25th November. I have my CAS already.
My questions
1) Can I print the statement out on the 23rd Dec.( Pls note that my resumption date is 11th Jan 2017)

2) My partner has applied to renew his passport since a month ago at Ikoyi but they kept saying 'no booklet yet' . Can we go ahead and apply using his old passport which will expire in April 2017 while we wait for the new one?

3) Is black market the only way to pay for the visa fees & health surcharge or can you suggest any other means.

Every comment will be appreciated. MrsF, Mrs Daniel, Fizzle, Umarw, everyone!

PS: The guide and support you all give to one another on this forum is incomparable. Una too much!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mysteriouspee: 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
Please I am in a fix. I actually am supposed to travel to Nigeria the 4/1/2016. I just realized my passport expired after I had booked my flight. I tried to initiate the renewal process here in the UK and made payment without checking if i could get an early appointment date. Unfortunately, the appointment I got is days after my flight date and someone told me it might take like 2 months before i get my passport. I will like to find out if it is possible for me to travel to Nigeria with the expired passport and I will renew the passport in Nigeria. Has anyone faced this situation before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
1) Depending on when you are applying. The rule is it shouldn't be more than 31 days before your application but it's advisable to print 3-5 days before.

2) Passport has to be valid for 6 months minimum

3) A debit/credit card is required to pay online. Not sure what you mean by paying via Black Market

ayla1:
@justwise @OlowoB and other members, I'm not sure you guys remember my case. I was the one that lost my scholarship cos I cud not save enough for maintenance. Now I do and I will be travelling with my partner.

I will appreciate any advice coming from you all in order to have a successful visa application process. I started counting my 28days from 25th November. I have my CAS already.
My questions
1) Can I print the statement out on the 23rd Dec.( Pls note that my resumption date is 11th Jan 2017)

2) My partner has applied to renew his passport since a month ago at Ikoyi but they kept saying 'no booklet yet' . Can we go ahead and apply using his old passport which will expire in April 2017 while we wait for the new one?

3) Is black market the only way to pay for the visa fees & health surcharge or can you suggest any other means.

Every comment will be appreciated. MrsF, Mrs Daniel, Fizzle, Umarw, everyone!

PS: The guide and support you all give to one another on this forum is incomparable. Una too much!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
It usually takes a week to get your passport renewed. I've done this 2ce before.

Travelling back to your own country with an expired Passport should be possible. Definitely coming back will be the problem but you would've renewed anyways.

You can as well call the embassy in London to verify this.

mysteriouspee:
Please I am in a fix. I actually am supposed to travel to Nigeria the 4/1/2016. I just realized my passport expired after I had booked my flight. I tried to initiate the renewal process here in the UK and made payment without checking if i could get an early appointment date. Unfortunately, the appointment I got is days after my flight date and someone told me it might take like 2 months before i get my passport. I will like to find out if it is possible for me to travel to Nigeria with the expired passport and I will renew the passport in Nigeria. Has anyone faced this situation before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayla1: 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
Thank you for your comment. Does that mean I can use my normal master card(GTB) to pay? I thought there's a limit of $100? Your response will be appreciated.
Bourne007:
1) Depending on when you are applying. The rule is it shouldn't be more than 31 days before your application but it's advisable to print 3-5 days before.

2) Passport has to be valid for 6 months minimum

3) A debit/credit card is required to pay online. Not sure what you mean by paying via Black Market

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
I thought the limit was more than $100. If you look back the forum, it's been answered several times. Sorry can't help much with this as I don't use them cards.

ayla1:
Thank you for your comment. Does that mean I can use my normal master card(GTB) to pay? I thought there's a limit of $100? Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 4:42am On Dec 19, 2016
I'd say it's possible to travel to ur home country with an expired passport and I must warn that the Nigerian House in london are having difficulty with their passport printing machine (according to them) so you might have to wait longer than the 2weeks suggested and also u will have to pay for the 64 pages one instead of the 32 pages...

mysteriouspee:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2016
Hello good people,I made a Priority PBS Tier 2 application exactly 20working days ago(28 calendar days).
I got an email from TLS that application was received by UKVI on 22nd November.Interestingly,i got another email from Sheffield that application has been received and will be considered shortly just this morning(after 20 working days).
Is there anyone who has experience with this,its really confusing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2016
drobadebayo:
Hello good people,I made a Priority PBS Tier 2 application exactly 20working days ago(28 calendar days).
I got an email from TLS that application was received by UKVI on 22nd November.Interestingly,i got another email from Sheffield that application has been received and will be considered shortly just this morning(after 20 working days).
Is there anyone who has experience with this,its really confusing.
It could be system error, not sure tho. But you can contact UKVI customer service and inquire abt the status of your visa application, they will respond within one working day, if you inquire today, they will respond before the end of today. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2016
obynwanyioma:

It could be system error, not sure tho. But you can contact UKVI customer service and inquire abt the status of your visa application, they will respond within one working day, if you inquire today, they will respond before the end of today. All the best
Did that actually,they claim there are no current updates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mysteriouspee: 11:53am On Dec 19, 2016
omopapa:
I'd say it's possible to travel to ur home country with an expired passport and I must warn that the Nigerian House in london are having difficulty with their passport printing machine (according to them) so you might have to wait longer than the 2weeks suggested and also u will have to pay for the 64 pages one instead of the 32 pages...

Thanks bro. I'll just forfeit the money i've paid for the renewal and go do it in Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
drobadebayo:

Did that actually,they claim there are no current updates.
Hmmm, that's strange, well you can write them again with your full details and request that your case be escalated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
obynwanyioma:

Hmmm, that's strange, well you can write them again with your full details and request that your case be escalated
It has been escalated twice actually,weird isn't it.And they kept asking me to wait.But just when I thought I was going to get a decision email,i got that message instead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
drobadebayo:

It has been escalated twice actually,weird isn't it.And they kept asking me to wait.But just when I thought I was going to get a decision email,i got that message instead.
Eyah, so sorry about that, lets hope it's resolved soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 1:09am On Dec 20, 2016
Dynamitehimself:

90 pounds

Thanks very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
Just wondering why it's taking long to get decision and the process started quite fast initially (Priority). I submitted on Thursday and my application was transferred to UK same day, then I received email that my application is now being prepared for considered by an ECO on Friday morning. Is it wise for me to ask for the status of my application via email or I should give them more time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
teejay21111:
Just wondering why it's taking long to get decision and the process started quite fast initially (Priority). I submitted on Thursday and my application was transferred to UK same day, then I received email that my application is now being prepared for considered by an ECO on Friday morning. Is it wise for me to ask for the status of my application via email or I should give them more time?
Bros where did u submit this application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
drobadebayo:

Bros where did u submit this application.

VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
teejay21111:

VI
Well,it looks like priority applications are not really being dealt with as priority these days.I submitted in Ikeja and TLS claimed it was received by UKVI on 22nd November(priority).
Got an email yesterday from Sheffield thinking it was finally a decision email after 20 agonising working days despite paying for priority,but the mail read "application received in Sheffield and is being considered bla bla.
Yes you read that right "received".
Bottomline;they are pretty messed up right now.I guess you ll just have to wait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
drobadebayo:

Well,it looks like priority applications are not really being dealt with as priority these days.I submitted in Ikeja and TLS claimed it was received by UKVI on 22nd November(priority).
Got an email yesterday from Sheffield thinking it was finally a decision email after 20 agonising working days despite paying for priority,but the mail read "application received in Sheffield and is being considered bla bla.
Yes you read that right "received".
Bottomline;they are pretty messed up right now.I guess you ll just have to wait.

I will give them another 24 hours, afterwards they will hear from me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
No point getting too upset and shouting.

You should notice that in the UK and many other countries it is the Christmas festive period.
Postal systems are overloaded and many people take extended holidays.
Delivery times get stretched!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nomad26: 7:30am On Dec 21, 2016
worry359:
No point getting too upset and shouting.

You should notice that in the UK and many other countries it is the Christmas festive period.
Postal systems are overloaded and many people take extended holidays.
Delivery times get stretched!

That is not a valid excuse, they can't collect more money and then waste people's time. In my opinion, it could be that there is something peculiar about your application (i.e have you had any previous rejection or maybe they need to carry out further investigation on some documents). If I were you, I'd email them asking why a priority application is taking forever.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 8:24am On Dec 21, 2016
nomad26:

That is not a valid excuse, they can't collect more money and then waste people's time. In my opinion, it could be that there is something peculiar about your application (i.e have you had any previous rejection or maybe they need to carry out further investigation on some documents). If I were you, I'd email them asking why a priority application is taking forever.
Trust me,been there,done that.When you call Hgs,they take your money and don't really help.If your application has no issues,you probably don't need them,if there are issues,they ll just keep escalating your case until you are frustrated or broke.
Simply put,there is really not much you can do until they are done.
Today is day 22(working days) for me and I also paid for priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2016
drobadebayo:

Trust me,been there,done that.When you call Hgs,they take your money and don't really help.If your application has no issues,you probably don't need them,if there are issues,they ll just keep escalating your case until you are frustrated or broke.
Simply put,there is really not much you can do until they are done.
Today is day 22(working days) for me and I also paid for priority.

Just calm down bro, I strongly believe all things are working for our good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 10:24am On Dec 21, 2016
teejay21111:

Just calm down bro, I strongly believe all things are working for our good.
Chief,am now very humble.Did you apply for tier 4 or 2?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2016
drobadebayo:

Chief,am now very humble.Did you apply for tier 4 or 2?

Tier 4

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.