Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1334863 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:24am On Dec 10, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Heyy buddy,

How's studies going over there, hope you're coping??
Am gud..studies have been smooth but tasking. we must conquer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
fizzile:
Am gud..studies have been smooth but tasking. we must conquer
Good, all the best bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:12am On Dec 11, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Good, all the best bro smiley
Thanks bro. Sup with your plans? Hope its in progress.
cc: whatamidoinghere

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harrrry: 11:33am On Dec 11, 2016
Applying to leeds for masters please do I need apply through UCAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
Just apply directly on the application portal

harrrry:
Applying to leeds for masters please do I need apply through UCAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
teejay21111:
Just thinking this morning about this: I absconded from NYSC to go for my masters and upon completion I got another offer for my PhD in UK. Do I need to briefly discuss this during my interview? Am just thinking if there is any tie between the ECO and NYSC.
Outside Nigeria it's meaningless, but inside Nigeria you NEED it. Unless you want to work with foreign firms let me explain.
1. If you did your secondary education in Turkish secondary school, most Turkish firms in Nigeria would employ you without a second thought and not even ask of NYSC.
2. A friend of mine was in a similar dilemma, immediately after graduation,he made a first class, Cambridge came calling for MSC, he left without NYSC, after MSC top of his class he landed a job with UN was running his PhD in Europe. 2015 Buhari/Osibanjo won the elections. One of them happened to be close to his supervisors in his undergraduate program, he was recommended for appointment.During documentation NYSC crept up to hunt him, of cause he was quickly mobilized and deployed to serve in the office he was appointed to.
Crux of my story. If you have the time come and serve, there are ways you can fix it up. But don't let what you can do now, deprive you of something in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
agalamanyi:

Outside Nigeria it's meaningless, but inside Nigeria you NEED it. Unless you want to work with foreign firms let me explain.
1. If you did your secondary education in Turkish secondary school, most Turkish firms in Nigeria would employ you without a second thought and not even ask of NYSC.
2. A friend of mine was in a similar dilemma, immediately after graduation,he made a first class, Cambridge came calling for MSC, he left without NYSC, after MSC top of his class he landed a job with UN was running his PhD in Europe. 2015 Buhari/Osibanjo won the elections. One of them happened to be close to his supervisors in his undergraduate program, he was recommended for appointment.During documentation NYSC crept up to hunt him, of cause he was quickly mobilized and deployed to serve in the office he was appointed to.
Crux of my story. If you have the time come and serve, there are ways you can fix it up. But don't let what you can do now, deprive you of something in the future.

Great response, thanks so much!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 12:27am On Dec 12, 2016
agalamanyi:

What a joke grin
Come and serve who exactly? What is that motivation for you to serve? What's the benefit?
The same certificate you can actually buy exemption letters for

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 12:57am On Dec 12, 2016
fizzile:
Thanks bro. Sup with your plans? Hope its in progress.
cc: whatamidoinghere
Yeah bro, God is in control smiley
By God's grace, it will surely come out well.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
Can someone help me on how to get to the Victoria Island TLS from Ojota?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AbdulKola: 10:07am On Dec 14, 2016
please how do I pay ihs and visa application fee online. my account officer said I can pay with my naira master card but it shows payment declined.

what is the best way to pay easily. Am thinking of transferring to another bank account but want to know which bank I can use easily.

Also I wont be charged at black market exchange rate I think.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hello guys.

Can one deduce from the email sent by TLS or visa office that a visa is granted or refused?

NB: TIER 4 dependant visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
jelmusboy:
Hello guys.

Can one deduce from the email sent by TLS or visa office that a visa is granted or refused?

NB: TIER 4 dependant visa
Bro,finally.You got the email today right?
BTW,there is really no way to know.All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
Yes sir. Now is another fear of the unknown.
It shall be well

drobadebayo:

Bro,finally.You got the email today right?
BTW,there is really no way to know.All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
jelmusboy:
Yes sir. Now is another fear of the unknown.
It shall be well

It ll be fine bro,you ll get it tomorrow.
Still waiting for mine.Its day 17 today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2016
@justwise and everyone

Good evening, I applied for a UK STUDENT VISA today. I spoke very well but I've got some issues. I submitted my documents without my dad's consent letter. Although, before my CAS was issued, the University requested for a consent letter but didn't ask me to submit it with d VISA application. They also asked how long the funds have been in my sponsor's bank account. I said 28 days because I wasn't too sure but it stayed more than that. My application is tied to my dad's, he also made an application because he'd be following me.

Also, I was asked the means of transportation I'd use from my University to the Student accommodation. I forgot that it's a minute on foot and I said I'd rent a bike. I was asked the price and I said about 40 quids weekly. Can all these affect their decision ?

*My Interview didn't even take up to 5 minutes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 8:02am On Dec 15, 2016
waynee2baba:
@justwise and everyone

Good evening, I applied for a UK STUDENT VISA today. I spoke very well but I've got some issues. I submitted my documents without my dad's consent letter. Although, before my CAS was issued, the University requested for a consent letter but didn't ask me to submit it with d VISA application. They also asked how long the funds have been in my sponsor's bank account. I said 28 days because I wasn't too sure but it stayed more than that. My application is tied to my dad's, he also made an application because he'd be following me.

Also, I was asked the means of transportation I'd use from my University to the Student accommodation. I forgot that it's a minute on foot and I said I'd rent a bike. I was asked the price and I said about 40 quids weekly. Can all these affect their decision ?

1 did you use your dad's account or your own?
2 a new bike cost less than what you are willing to pay for a month to rent it. And you can buy 2 used bike as well with a weeks rent

Good luck, you just have to wait for the results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Dec 15, 2016
umarwy:

2 a new bike cost less than what you are willing to pay for a month to rent it. And you can buy 2 used bike as well with a weeks rent

A new bike cost less than £40? Please give me the shop name or website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2016
waynee2baba:
@justwise and everyone

1.You applied together with your daddy?

2. Are you between the age of 16-20?

If you spent £40 weekly on renting bike your maintenance money will be gone before the end of of the year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2016
justwise:

A new bike cost less than £40? Please give me the shop name or website

If you read well, You will see i said what he is willing to pay for a month.
£40 weekly * 4 = £160
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2016
umarwy:

If you read well, You will see i said what he is willing to pay for a month.
£40 weekly * 4 = £160

umarwy:

Yes i read well and still want to know how a new bike will cost less than £40
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2016
justwise:

Yes i read well and still want to know how a new bike will cost less than £40

I never said a bike would cost less than £40 Quid. the OP said he would rent the bike for £40 weekly I said a new bike Would cost less than £160 (What he would pay for renting a bike for one month. 4 weeks in a month multiplied by £40 weekly.). and you could find adult bikes for less just by doing a simple google search.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
justwise:

1.You applied together with your daddy?

2. Are you between the age of 16-20?

If you spent £40 weekly on renting bike your maintenance money will be gone before the end of of the year

Thanks for your response.

1. Yes
2. Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
umarwy:

I used my dad's account.

And Thanks for your response, I'm hopeful that the outcome would be positive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
After exactly 30 days of submission of Tier 4 dependant visa, my wife got her visa today.

Vignette expires on 30th December 2016.
Thought the Vignette will stay till around mid-January cos ticket is expensive now.

Any idea of where I can get cheap tickets to Manchester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
waynee2baba:

Thanks for your response.

1. Yes
2. Yes

Then you will be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
justwise:

Then you will be fine

Okay thanks bruh. What if someone makes a mistake whilst filling the courier form(TLS) ? My details were correctly filled in the Main VISA APPLICATION FORMS but in the courier it's saying I'm gonna be staying less than 6 months even tho it's student visa application... Will this affect the result?

I hope you understand it. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
...and I just finished my first semester exams today. Whoosh...best of luck to everyone waiting for their visas and those planning to apply too.
Compliments of the season also.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Yababoy:
...and I just finished my first semester exams today. Whoosh...best of luck to everyone waiting for their visas and those planning to apply too.
Compliments of the season also.

Good luck bruv... And thanks man... While we hope for the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
waynee2baba:

Okay thanks bruh. What if someone makes a mistake whilst filling the courier form(TLS) ? My details were correctly filled in the Main VISA APPLICATION FORMS but in the courier it's saying I'm gonna be staying less than 6 months even tho it's student visa application... Will this affect the result?

I hope you understand it. Thanks

I don't see that as a problem since your CAS and the main form carry the correct study duration

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
jelmusboy:
After exactly 30 days of submission of Tier 4 dependant visa, my wife got her visa today.

Vignette expires on 30th December 2016.
Thought the Vignette will stay till around mid-January cos ticket is expensive now.

Any idea of where I can get cheap tickets to Manchester

It means decision was taken 30th November, just that she didn't receive the Visa on time. I guess it's a new trend now by either VO's in Sheffield or TLS to dispatch and send decision mails weeks after decision has been taken on one's application.

All the same, a big CONGRATS.

Check KLM's website. As at this morning, I saw USD869.00 for 25th Dec. you can set return say 12th March. Also check Lufthansa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.