Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335778 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 1:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Thanks. I bought Ethiopian airlines to Heathrow on the 28th December for 283K

austinice4:

It means decision was taken 30th November, just that she didn't receive the Visa on time. I guess it's a new trend now by either VO's in Sheffield or TLS to dispatch and send decision mails weeks after decision has been taken on one's application.

All the same, a big CONGRATS.

Check KLM's website. As at this morning, I saw USD869.00 for 25th Dec. you can set return say 12th March. Also check Lufthansa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2016
Good morning house. Please I need advice on this:

In 2008, my youngest sis was issued a passport in Benin City, Nigeria as she intend applying for a study in the UK. Then the passport was misplaced/stolen and she had to go do another passport of which she was told to go to the HQs in Abuja. She went and a new passport was issued at the HQs Abuja with the issuing officer telling her not to worry about the old passport. She then applied for a UK study visa in 2009 with the new passport and was issued a 4 years study visa. She completed her studies in 2013 and returned home for her NYSC. This year, 2016 she applied for her MSC in Scotland and was offered admission. School fees paid, account statement sent to the school and she's waiting for her CAS to be provided by the school. Her studies begins Jan 19, 2017.
Now the worrying part: One week after her CAS preview letter was sent to her to confirm all details was correct and she did confirmed, hoping to receive her CAS this week, she receive a mail from the school telling her that she had a visitor refusal visa on her old passport (the misplaced/stolen) and she should contact UKVI to provide more details on the refusal as the details the UKVI provided to them (school) is insufficient. Going through UKVI site I noticed that you have to send a form to their office in the UK and emails are not allowed, thus taking more time to send and also days in replying. Note: she has barely one month before her studies and this is happening.
Please I need help on what she should do next.

Ps: she had sent a mail informing the school about the old passport and how she had canceled it at the HQs before applying for a visa which was granted.

HELP PLEASE

Cc: Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dongreat:

In 2008, my youngest sis was issued a passport in Benin City, Nigeria as she intend applying for a study in the UK. Then the passport was misplaced/stolen and she had to go do another passport of which she was told to go to the HQs in Abuja. She went and a new passport was issued at the HQs Abuja with the issuing officer telling her not to worry about the old passport. She then applied for a UK study visa in 2009 with the new passport and was issued a 4 years study visa. She completed her studies in 2013 and returned home for her NYSC. This year, 2016 she applied for her MSC in Scotland and was offered admission. School fees paid, account statement sent to the school and she's waiting for her CAS to be provided by the school. Her studies begins Jan 19, 2017.
Now the worrying part: One week after her CAS preview letter was sent to her to confirm all details was correct and she did confirmed, hoping to receive her CAS this week, she receive a mail from the school telling her that she had a visitor refusal visa on her old passport (the misplaced/stolen) and she should contact UKVI to provide more details on the refusal as the details the UKVI provided to them (school) is insufficient. Going through UKVI site I noticed that you have to send a form to their office in the UK and emails are not allowed, thus taking more time to send and also days in replying. Note: she has barely one month before her studies and this is happening.

Ps: she had sent a mail informing the school about the old passport and how she had canceled it at the HQs before applying for a visa which was granted.

HELP PLEASE

Did she make any police report in 2008, when the passport was stolen? If yes, I think you should start from the HQ in Abj, get them to give you a clearance that the passport was actually stolen and cancelled without prejudice. Then contact UKVI with the police report and clearance letter from immigration HQ.

That's my opinion..... anyone else can share his/her thoughts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
austinice4:

Did she make any police report in 2008, when the passport was stolen? If yes, I think you should start from the HQ in Abj, get them to give you a clearance that the passport was actually stolen and cancelled without prejudice. Then contact UKVI with the police report and clearance letter from immigration HQ.

That's my opinion..... anyone else can share his/her thoughts.

Ok. She didn't make any police report as she was directed to the HQs by an issuing officers in Benin when she went to complain about the old passport. In the HQs she was told never to worry about the old one as it's already been cancelled and made void. It was with this assurance from the HQs that she applied for a uk student visa and it was successful. So I am surprised that after 4 years of study in the UK without any problem and she returned home as required by UK immigration law, it's now difficult to get another visa (1 year) for her MSC. She apparently sent the school a clearance mail to check her immigration history as far back as June this year and it seems fine until her file was passed to another office in the school and now this. Thanks for your suggestions brother, I am grateful and I will inform her about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dongreat:

HELP PLEASE

The question here is: Did your sister apply for visiting visa with the old passport and was refused? If yes, what was the reason(s) for the refusal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
justwise:

The question here is: Did your sister apply for visiting visa with the old passport and was refused? If yes, what was the reason(s) for the refusal

She didn't apply for it and certainly have no idea about the reasons for the refusal. If she had then she still will be using the old passport and not bothered going to the HQs then for a new one. The school told her that UKVI told them about all her immigration details but not why the visitor visa on the old passport was not granted ie no details about the old passport from UKVI was provided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
It's really strange they are questioning her visiting visa. Usually they check for academic progression and/or if you are currently living in UK and what the current visa status is. Except she's been banned by ukvi but again you said she didn't apply for a visiting visa.

Dongreat:

She didn't apply for it and certainly have no idea about the reasons for the refusal. If she had then she still will be using the old passport and not bothered going to the HQs then for a new one. The school told her that UKVI told them about all her immigration details but not why the visitor visa on the old passport was not granted ie no details about the old passport from UKVI was provided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
Bourne007:
It's really strange they are questioning her visiting visa. Usually they check for academic progression and/or if you are currently living in UK and what the current visa status is. Except she's been banned by ukvi but again you said she didn't apply for a visiting visa.

My brother is very strange o. Not like she hasn't been to the Uk after the refusal which she unaware of. After her 4 years studies she came back so I don't see how she pose a threat to the immigration rules. Well I have helped her to compose a mail to the school telling them to contact UKVI again if they think the details provided by UKVI to them is insufficient. After all UKVI knows why she was refused and if the school thinks the details they have from UKVI is not detailing then there's no more information to give.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dongreat:

justwise:

Bourne007:

Since you said the passport was missing/stolen, I suspect someone else must have used it to apply for a UK visa (people can do anything these days) and got denied. Probably this must have happened before she went for a new one or again it's also very possible that it was not properly cancelled before the office in Abj. issued a new one. (I have a friend who is currently in Germany, at the point of renewing his Nigerian passport in Germany, it was then he found out that records of his old passport he thought was cancelled without prejudice back in Nigeria was still in the system).

That's why I asked initially if there was a police report to back up the theft claim. But I think you should go to the passport office also to seek more clarification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
austinice4:

Since you said the passport was missing/stolen, I suspect someone else must have used it to apply for a UK visa (people can do anything these days) and got denied. Probably this must have happened before she went for a new one or again it's also very possible that it was not properly cancelled before the office in Abj. issued a new one. (I have a friend who is currently in Germany, at the point of renewing his Nigerian passport in Germany, it was then he found out that records of his old passport he thought was cancelled without prejudice back in Nigeria was still in the system).

That's why I asked initially if there was a police report to back up the theft claim. But I think you should go to the passport office also to seek more clarification.

Wow so sad for your friend. Well the said passport will already be expired by now. Infact it was at 2013 based on the 4 years validity on Nigeria passport. Well she has decided to wait for response from the school.
I noticed that it's a different office other than the admission office that gave her the CAS preview form earlier to check if the details were correct before issuing the CAS, that's contacting her now and my guess is someone in the new office is acting smarting pants thinking the details UKVI gave to the school earlier about her immigration history is not sufficient enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
How many days does Super priority Visa takes and how much in Naira.
Cc: justwise, fizzile, olowob et all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
waynee2baba:

Thanks for your response.

1. Yes
2. Yes

Bruv, hope I'd be fine without this consent letter saga ? I'm just worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
[b
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
Why is he not eligible for super priority?

teejay21111:

You are not entitled to super priority service if you are applying for tier 4, but you can use the priority service which takes between 5-7days. Priority service costs just £150.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
Please what can I do? I just discovered that I didn't submit the evidence of the IHS payment and don't write the IHS reference number on my visa application print out. My application is currently under consideration in sheiffield. I don't know how they would be able to get my IHS reference number. Please advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dongreat:

Then that is what she needs to explain to the school. If somebody else did with the stolen passport then fingerprint evidence you clear your sister's name. The UK embassy introduced fingerprint in 2008 but i'm not sure of the month. If that was before the fingerprint then they will have the picture and other documents of whoever made the application then
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
justwise:

Then that is what she needs to explain to the school. If somebody else did with the stolen passport then fingerprint evidence you clear your sister's name. The UK embassy introduced fingerprint in 2008 but i'm not sure of the month. If that was before the fingerprint then they will have the picture and other documents of whoever made the application then

Ok. Thanks for your opinion man. Always helpful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chinaylo: 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
hello, i have just concluded a Msc in Uk and wish to pursue another masters as soon as possible. Can i extend my visa here in the UK without going to Nigeria?, is it is feasible to get a january/February entry admission? Cc Justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
chinaylo:
hello, i have just concluded a Msc in Uk and wish to pursue another masters as soon as possible. Can i extend my visa here in the UK without going to Nigeria?, is it is feasible to get a january/February entry admission? Cc Justwise.

1.Well yes you can apply to continue your study here as long as the application is made before your current visa expires.

2. Is the new course you want to study related to the one you just finished?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chinaylo: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
Thanks. The course i just completed is business related, same as the new course. My visa would expire in February. is this period too short to apply for a renewal?

justwise:

1.Well yes you can apply to continue your study here as long as the application is made before your current visa expires.

2. Is the new course you want to study related to the one you just finished?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
chinaylo:
Thanks. The course i just completed is business related, same as the new course. My visa would expire in February. is this period too short to apply for a renewal?

See my attachments

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/571885/T4-migrant-policy-guidance-november-2016.pdf

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 9:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
Someone should help me with this please

teejay21111:
Please what can I do? I just discovered that I didn't submit the evidence of the IHS payment and don't write the IHS reference number on my visa application print out. My application is currently under consideration in sheiffield. I don't know how they would be able to get my IHS reference number. Please advice on what to do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
teejay21111:

No need to be worried dear, you don't need to write the ihs number on ur application form, it's not needed, since your visa application is paid for, the ECO knows you ve paid for your ihs,so no evidence is needed again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
teejay21111:

Lol there's no issue sef. You can't proceed if you don't pay for the IHS. So relax
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by myright: 5:58am On Dec 17, 2016
can I use a voters card as a national ID card for visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Anyone?? sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

I got no idea but i guess this info is in their website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2016
myright:
can I use a voters card as a national ID card for visa application?

Nope.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harrrry: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
PLEASE HOUSE JUST GOTTEN AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER WHAT NEXT PLEASE? GOING FOR MSC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
justwise:

OK, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
justwise:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
Has anyone made a withdrawal with their Naira MasterCard recently in the UK? Has the ban been lifted?
Also, if possible what's the limit on GTB Naira MasterCard

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.