Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336777 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cindylee: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
Please @ Justwise, I really need your assistance. I was refused dependent visa for tier 4 doctoral extension scheme. This is the second time I am refused visa. This last one was really disappointing.

Husband and I got married in December 2016 but have been dating since 2011. Gone to visit him 3 times and was granted visiting visa 3 times.

First refusal was based on insufficient maintenance far and just this last one was based on tuberculosis test and the fact that we didn't submit communication chats of emails. We are actually weak as we have spent to much money just for this.

My issue now is we want to make a fresh application, please anyone who has gone to join thier spouse on tier 4 doctoral extension scheme should let me know the documents to submit. Both relevant and irrelevant. We want to get it right this time as we didn't know that I had to do tuberculosis. I will really appreciate everyone's inputs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Vicrown:
Please house, I just discovered that my school made a mistake on my CAS by adding an additional figure to my passport number. Is it true that they cannot change it even though am yet to apply for a visa?

Have you complained to your school about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
bennyjiks:
Hello House,

Please do I need to include my original university transcript with my visa application? I have my degree certificate but do not have an original copy of my official transcript. Hope this will not be a problem when I apply.

It might not create any problem, however, endeavor to include all the documents listed on the CAS which the university based their assessment before giving you admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hello Dear, they've gone paperless. They want you to make copies of all your original documents on an A4 paper, at TLS they only scan them and give you back. Check their website you would see it, here is the link and just below you would see it

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/index.php

bennyjiks:
Hello House,

Please do I need to include my original university transcript with my visa application? I have my degree certificate but do not have an original copy of my official transcript. Hope this will not be a problem when I apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Vicrown:
Please house, I just discovered that my school made a mistake on my CAS by adding an additional figure to my passport number. Is it true that they cannot change it even though am yet to apply for a visa?

If they cannot change it, they will write a comment below it to indicate the mistake. Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
xpizzy:
My thoughts on this issue are highlighted below but let me issue a disclaimer that I am not a subject matter expert.
To start with, the reason for your refusal can be likened to the proverbial saying of giving a dog a bad name just so we can kill it. The term "genuine" as used by the UKBA is more vague than the "vague answers" they claimed against you.

Having said that, I want to implore you to consider the options available to you before taking any decision. I discuss this options below.

Option 1

This option is going through the AR process and giving very strong defense points. However, the ECM rarely overturns decisions that were refused based on "genuine student". If the outcome of your AR is negative, don't despair there is a last resort that a lot of students don't explore. It is called a Judicial Review and you would need the services of a UK based solicitor.

An ECO had refused Mushtaq on the basis of not being a genuine student but after a Judicial Review, the judge upturned the decision and awarded costs against the home office.

Another benefit of the JR is that your solicitor would first send the Home office a pre action notice, giving them 14 days to change their decision or face legal action.

Most times the decision would be reversed as the treasury solicitor who represents the home office would review the case and deem it sensible to avoid litigation.

If however the Home office decides to go to trial, the JR could be a lengthy and costly (between 500-2000£) process but you'd surely prevail.

Option 2

Shop for another school if Ulster won't issue you a fresh CAS and ensure you address the issue by preparing better for the interview.

My 2 cents

Please don't give him false hope because you can't take legal action against British govt because visa refusal, that info you gave there is misleading.

I also don't think a student is entitled to judicial review, i maybe wrong but prove me wrong first.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
cindylee:
Please @ Justwise, I really need your assistance. I was refused dependent visa for tier 4 doctoral extension scheme. This is the second time I am refused visa. This last one was really disappointing.

Husband and I got married in December 2016 but have been dating since 2011. Gone to visit him 3 times and was granted visiting visa 3 times.

First refusal was based on insufficient maintenance far and just this last one was based on tuberculosis test and the fact that we didn't submit communication chats of emails. We are actually weak as we have spent to much money just for this.

My issue now is we want to make a fresh application, please anyone who has gone to join thier spouse on tier 4 doctoral extension scheme should let me know the documents to submit. Both relevant and irrelevant. We want to get it right this time as we didn't know that I had to do tuberculosis. I will really appreciate everyone's inputs.

You did not prepare your application well because you can't submit dependant visa application without TB test result and proof of communication as a married couple. Financial requirement and TB test are core requirements you can't submit your application without any of those.

Your chances of getting it next time is high if you submit those mentioned documents.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
@Emexnairaland

Go for AR you still have a lot of time.

I don't see the reason for the refusal as a strong one, so go for it and be positive about it.

I know exactly how you feel now because i have been there and i took my time to write my case and represented myself at the tribunal and won.

Take your time and explain what you were doing during those 'gap-years' and explain how this course will benefit you career wise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
MrsDaniels:

Thanks love....been a while how ve u been @Justwise? how u enjoying this summer weather. Regards dear.

I'm good, have being enjoying the summer until today when rain shows up. grin grin

Hope you are ok?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
mimilyrics:
Okay. Thank you so much. Do I need to let them(the school/staff at the IC) know I'm inputting their detail or just fill in? Pardon my many questions Biko....

Nope.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
Justwise please what do you advice me to do? Because I am planning to seek for admission in any good Ireland universities to further my studies, hope this unjust refusal won't affect me . Though I am now loosing interest in UK.
justwise:

Please don't give him false hope because you can't take legal action against British govt because visa refusal, that info you gave there is misleading.

I also don't think a student is entitled to judicial review, i maybe wrong but prove me wrong first.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yeah, that's what I will do next but to be honest with you, I feel very sad about the decision because I am very sure I did everything I could do to maintain a genuine student. Though I will go for review with strong points but my likeness for UK education just dropped because of this.
justwise:
@Emexnairaland

I don't see the reason for the refusal as a strong one, so go for it and be positive about it.

I know exactly how you feel now because i have been there and i took my time to write my case and represented myself at the tribunal and won.

Take your time and explain what you were doing during those 'gap-years' and explain how this course will benefit you career wise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by xpizzy(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
I think you should have played the "berean card" (Acts 17 vs 11) before concluding that I am misleading anyone. A Judicial Review is not an entitlement that's why you pay for the services.

If you had read about Adnan Mushtaq in the link I included, i think you'd have refrained from your accusation.

As a resident of the UK I am sure you have friends here and there, who may be solicitors. Why don't you ring them up to verify before you vilify?

The fact that aggrieved students don't Go through the JR process is not an evidence of its non existence sir. Ignorance and existence are not Siamese twins neither are they directly proportional.

Finally sir, I have no business proving you wrong because facts are the same yesterday, today and forever and be kind enough to recant your false accusations after you realise the fact.

justwise:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
@xpizzy

Thanks bro, for your time and kind concern . Heaven knows that I so much appreciate. But will this unjust refusal affect my visa chance if I choose to go for my study in Ireland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by xpizzy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Emexnairaland:
@xpizzy

Thanks bro, for your time and kind concern . Heaven knows that I so much appreciate. But will this unjust refusal affect my visa chance if I choose to go for my study in Ireland?

Bro, I am not abreast with Ireland's process at all. But what I do know is that you should be honest in your future applications and state why you were refused.

You can see from this thread that UK is becoming unattractive to international students.

The world is aware that they are becoming phobic to non-eu migrants and other countries are opening their borders to international students.
Good Luck.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
xpizzy:
I think you should have played the "berean card" (Acts 17 vs 11) before concluding that I am misleading anyone. A Judicial Review is not an entitlement that's why you pay for the services.

If you had read about Adnan Mushtaq in the link I included, i think you'd have refrained from your accusation.

As a resident of the UK I am sure you have friends here and there, who may be solicitors. Why don't you ring them up to verify before you vilify?

The fact that aggrieved students don't Go through the JR process is not an evidence of its non existence sir. Ignorance and existence are not Siamese twins neither are they directly proportional.

Finally sir, I have no business proving you wrong because facts are the same yesterday, today and forever and be kind enough to recant your false accusations after you realise the fact.

All you are trying to do is to indirectly advertise that London based immigration solicitor but its not going to work here.

You haven't provided any official link to proof that Tier 4 visa refusal can be appealed or go for judicial review.

I'm pretty sure that the right of appeal was removed sometime in 2015 leaving only AR for Tier 4 visa refusal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
Emexnairaland:
Justwise please what do you advice me to do? Because I am planning to seek for admission in any good Ireland universities to further my studies, hope this unjust refusal won't affect me . Though I am now loosing interest in UK.

The refusal will not affect you as long as you declare it in the form.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by xpizzy(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
@ justwise I am not contending issues with you. In the past I have been stuck and asked you for directions.

Your decision to remove a post by me that is not only educative but further evidence to counter your earlier accusation is far from appropriate.

I challenge you to openly state your rationale for removing the post.

I am not scared of bans because you are the Jury, the bench, the prosecution and judge at the same time.

But i pray thee sir, be a prisoner of conscience and let the streams of truth course through your veins.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
Glory to God!Got up this morning,prayed and headed off to Victoria island.After waiting close to two hours,I was given my passport with visa.God answers prayers.I have so missed my husband.Tank you all

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
xpizzy:
@ justwise I am not contending issues with you. In the past I have been stuck and asked you for directions.

Your decision to remove a post by me that is not only educative but further evidence to counter your earlier accusation is far from appropriate.

I challenge you to openly state your rationale for removing the post.

I am not scared of bans because you are the Jury, the bench, the prosecution and judge at the same time.

But i pray thee sir, be a prisoner of conscience and let the streams of truth course through your veins.

It was copied from an immigration website you have being trying to advertise here that was why i removed it.

Try harder next time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by xpizzy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
justwise:

All you are trying to do is to indirectly advertise that London based immigration solicitor but its not going to work here.

You haven't provided any official link to proof that Tier 4 visa refusal can be appealed or go for judicial review.

I'm pretty sure that the right of appeal was removed sometime in 2015 leaving only AR for Tier 4 visa refusal

I take offense for saying am advertising. I am not I am not a lawyer , I don't live in UK and we are not related in anyway. My post is for educative reasons .

You could have taken out the advert parts or the website but leave the message.

JR is a different ball game sir and right of appeal was removed for tier 4 students late 2014 up to April 6 2015

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
Rutharu:
Glory to God!Got up this morning,prayed and headed off to Victoria island.After waiting close to two hours,I was given my passport with visa.God answers prayers.I have so missed my husband.Tank you all

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by xpizzy(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
justwise:

It was copied from an immigration website you have being trying to advertise here that was why i removed it.

Try harder next time.

@Justwise you have left me in a frenzy of amusement. Me Advertise ? For what ?

For the sake of others , please speak to your mates that are solicitors and kindly come and give us feedback. We don't need to be fencing on the matter. One love
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by xpizzy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Rutharu:

Congratulations all the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
@Justwise and house, please help me answer this question.

What about someone who was refused a short term student visa twice last year, first was in May 2016 and second was June/July 2016. My application to attend the Kings College London summer school was rejected based on
1) I used my guardian as my sponsor but I didn't submit any evidence of his guardianship and also the origin of the fund in his account.
2) No relationship between my present course (economic) and my chosen summer school programme(Greek)

The second time when I apply using my uncle bearing same name with me.

2) No evidence of subsisting relationship with my uncle.
3) No evidence of tie to Nigeria because I was schooling in Ghana but applied for visa in Nigeria.

In view of this, I want to apply for tier 4 student visa soon, and I would like to confirm whether my past two refusals won't affect the future?
Also, can I change some information I entered on the Visa form when I'm applying for my tier 4, or they should remain the same?

I'm always scared each time I hear UK visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
Rutharu:

congrats,and I thank God for your life.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Congrats Ruth......
Rutharu:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks
justwise:
@Emexnairaland

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Alright, thanks
justwise:

The refusal will not affect you as long as you declare it in the form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 6:28am On Jul 12, 2017
Don't be scared bro, the UK visa is actually one of the easiest (reasonable processing time) to get if you give the right documents genuinely, compose yourself well for their Skype interview, and have enough money in the account. Now to avoid the wahala why not have the money put in your account or parents account (where you can get a court affidavit stating they are your parents etc) to avoid any long ish?
They want to see that the course you are applying for is relevant to your profession or past studies, and also is a progression in some way from your previous studies.

Question1:
@Justwise and house, please help me answer this question.

What about someone who was refused a short term student visa twice last year, first was in May 2016 and second was June/July 2016. My application to attend the Kings College London summer school was rejected based on
1) I used my guardian as my sponsor but I didn't submit any evidence of his guardianship and also the origin of the fund in his account.
2) No relationship between my present course (economic) and my chosen summer school programme(Greek)

The second time when I apply using my uncle bearing same name with me.

2) No evidence of subsisting relationship with my uncle.
3) No evidence of tie to Nigeria because I was schooling in Ghana but applied for visa in Nigeria.

In view of this, I want to apply for tier 4 student visa soon, and I would like to confirm whether my past two refusals won't affect the future?
Also, can I change some information I entered on the Visa form when I'm applying for my tier 4, or they should remain the same?

I'm always scared each time I hear UK visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 7:14am On Jul 12, 2017
Mzstephh:
Don't be scared bro, the UK visa is actually one of the easiest (reasonable processing time) to get if you give the right documents genuinely, compose yourself well for their Skype interview, and have enough money in the account. Now to avoid the wahala why not have the money put in your account or parents account (where you can get a court affidavit stating they are your parents etc) to avoid any long ish?
They want to see that the course you are applying for is relevant to your profession or past studies, and also is a progression in some way from your previous studies.

Thanks mate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.