Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,942 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332746 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
LaaJiblik:
Next time, take BA.
Their Sandwiches are good.

Alternatively, you could hire a small Private jet. In that case,you can cook your own food....

In my naughty mind, I'm already imagining what you and hubby are doing... after such a long time.

Heheheeeere....

Na you Sabi,BA Ke!I no get plenty cash then and Turkish was d only available and affordable flight.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vicrown(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
Please, do I need to submit utility bills and a photocopy of my data page for a tier 4 visa? Please kindly list that items I need to take along...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Vicrown:
Please, do I need to submit utility bills and a photocopy of my data page for a tier 4 visa? Please kindly list that items I need to take along...

No sir/ma.

Ensure you have all documents listed on your CAS letter intact. Otherwise, you may try and read page 1 of this forum you'll find list of other documents.

When is your appointment?
Which Uni are you heading?

All da Best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ShockWeaver: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
Good day,
I recently got my CAS from Oxford University which is one of the 4 universities under the Tier - 4 Pilot Scheme. It says I only need to submit my TB screening result. Though, I have to keep other documents handy, but I will not need to show evidence of maintenance fees, English, academic certificates or transcripts.
Has anyone utilized this privilege?? how did it go

I have attached the page from the home office's tier - 4 guidance document.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by humblemoi: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
Good day everyone.

Please I'd like to find out how prospective applicants calculate in naira equivalent of living expenses for applicants intending to live outside London. I believe it's about £9,200 approx.

How can be this converted to know the naira, and with what website?

Thank you as I await your response?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
humblemoi:
Good day everyone.

Please I'd like to find out how prospective applicants calculate in naira equivalent of living expenses for applicants intending to live outside London. I believe it's about £9,200 approx.

How can be this converted to know the naira, and with what website?

Thank you as I await your response?

Use Oanda rate. The rate changes everyday so the rate on the day you begin your 28day count is the way to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by humblemoi: 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Use Oanda rate. The rate changes everyday so the rate on the day you begin your 28day count is the way to go.

Thank you. So all that black market rate and interbank rate don't apply here. Officially it should be Oanda currency converter rate if I am correct, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yes. Only what is available on Oanda is used for UK visas.

humblemoi:

Thank you. So all that black market rate and interbank rate don't apply here. Officially it should be Oanda currency converter rate if I am correct, right?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by humblemoi: 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
Yes. Only what is available on Oanda is used for UK visas.

Thank you very much!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
humblemoi:

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vicrown(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
HELP O! I did my tuberculosis test today. However, I noticed when I got home that an extra letter was added to my surname. I'm freaking out. How serious is this error?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Go back and get the certificate replaced. If the mistake is from them, you might get it replaced free of charge but if not, you'd need to pay N8,400 for a new certificate.
PS: Did they give you to check the accuracy of the details on the certificate before they stamped,sigbed and placed their hologram on it? They usually do this after you do your x-ray and see the doctor for your health history questioning. If they didn't do this, you have a valid reason for not paying for the renewal but if they gave it to you to verify before printing and you okayed it, you'll need to pay for the reissuance.
Call them to let them know and hear what they have to say though.
Vicrown:
HELP O! I did my tuberculosis test today. However, I noticed when I got home that an extra letter was added to my surname. I'm freaking out. How serious is this error?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
That's not quite right. It's the Oanda rate for the day you submit your application after the 28day rule has been satisfied that will be used. So if you deposited the money by on July 1st and your 28 day is complete by July 29, if you submit your application+Pay your IHS and visa fees on July 30, it's the rate that applies on July 30 that will be used for your application, not the date of deposit. So just put a little extra of about maybe £1,000 so that any fluctuations will not affect what you should have in your account for the 28 days
Nchabuomo:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oluwadelana(m): 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
Please house, does the 28 days include weekends?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
That's not quite right. It's the Oanda rate for the day you submit your application after the 28day rule has been satisfied that will be used. So if you deposited the money by on July 1st and your 28 day is complete by July 29, if you submit your application+Pay your IHS and visa fees on July 30, it's the rate that applies on July 30 that will be used for your application, not the date of deposit. So just put a little extra of about maybe [b]£1,000[/b]so that any fluctuations will not affect what you should have in your account for the 28 days
Well this is what my school sent me:
"This means that, when you apply for your visa, you will need to provide evidence, such as bank statements, showing that you have this money in your account on the date you apply and pay for your visa and for the whole 28 days immediately before that. Therefore, if you apply for your visa on 1 August, you will need to prove that you have had this money since 2 July without any break. Remember that the exchange rate of your currency will affect the equivalent amount you have in British pounds."
Although your recommendation of also insulates the individual should he decide to follow your suggestion.
Yes the 28 days includes weekend @Oluwadelana
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
For anyone who wants to pay using Naira MasterCard, GTBank has increased the limit on its Naira MasterCard to $1,000 so if you're just paying 1 year study visa fees(1 year programs) + IHS, you can use the GTBank Naira MasterCard. But note that the rates may be higher. I applied for, funded and used my $ card for payment but I noticed that the day I bought $ at black market rate of N367, GTBank was trading $ for N375 for online Naira MasterCard transactions ( the charge might be higher than what's advertised too). So make your choice wisely.
Total I paid was $755.7 5 (£335 for 1 year T4 visa + £225 for IHS) using my dollar card. That's about £560.
I just thought that you should all know Incase you need the information/options available.
PS: My dollar card was ready for pick up in 3 days, activation took less than 10mins. Cost issuance plus maintenance cost was N7,344 or its equivalent in the currency of any of the account you want to be debited for. You need to have an existing domiciliary or current account to request a dollar card. you can request online via internet banking or physically at any of their branches. I don't know about other banks for now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yes, it does.

oluwadelana:
Please house, does the 28 days include weekends?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
For anyone who wants to pay using Naira MasterCard, GTBank has increased the limit on its Naira MasterCard to $1,000 so if you're just paying 1 year study visa fees(1 year programs) + IHS, you can use the GTBank Naira MasterCard. But note that the rates may be higher. I applied for, funded and used my $ card for payment but I noticed that the day I bought $ at black market rate of 367, GTBank was trading $ for N375 for online transactions ( the charge might be higher that what's advertised too). So make your choice wisely.
Total I paid was $755.7 5 (1 year T4 visa + IHS) using my dollar card.
I just thought that you should all know Incase you need the information/options available.

This is informative. Thanks @mimi. But did you pay for priority visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
That's not quite right. It's the Oanda rate for the day you submit your application after the 28day rule has been satisfied that will be used. So if you deposited the money by on July 1st and your 28 day is complete by July 29, if you submit your application+Pay your IHS and visa fees on July 30, it's the rate that applies on July 30 that will be used for your application, not the date of deposit. So just put a little extra of about maybe £1,000 so that any fluctuations will not affect what you should have in your account for the 28 days

Practically Nchabuomo is right, you can't be held responsible for the fluctuation because its impossible to keep up with that.

Each time you topup because of exchange rate fluctuation it means restarting the 28days counting again.

I have never seen anybody that refused because of that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
If you had taken your time to read through well, you'd have seen that what I typed wasn't different from what your school sent to you. My recommendation doesn't insulate the individual from anything, it is to avoid a case where the balance in the account falls below what is required due to exchange rate fluctuations. Even the T4 guide advises that.
You put in what you require for the 28day period if you're using a Naira account and an extra of about the equivalent of £ 1,000 in Naira, such that any fluctuation will not have any negative effect on your balance through out the 28 day period. You can only submit your application online once the 28day rule is fulfilled. The day of your submission is regarded as the date of your application so it's the Oanda exchange rate for that day that will be used.

Nchabuomo:

Well this is what my school sent me:
"This means that, when you apply for your visa, you will need to provide evidence, such as bank statements, showing that you have this money in your account on the date you apply and pay for your visa and for the whole 28 days immediately before that. Therefore, if you apply for your visa on 1 August, you will need to prove that you have had this money since 2 July without any break. Remember that the exchange rate of your currency will affect the equivalent amount you have in British pounds."
Although your recommendation of also insulates the individual should he decide to follow your suggestion.
Yes the 28 days includes weekend @Oluwadelana
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
No. I paid for the visa yesterday and I chose standard visa processing. Available interview dates were from today through to the 1st week of next month. Hopefully, when you're ready to apply the dates available will be close enough for you if you don't want to pay for priority visa.

Question1:

This is informative. Thanks @mimi. But did you pay for priority visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
No. I paid for the standard visa processing on yesterday and available interview dates were from today through to the 1st week of next month. Hopefully, when you're ready to apply the dates available will be close enough for you if you don't want to pay for priority visa.

I guess you still have enough time to apply for standard Visa and travel since you'd like to travel around August. But in my own case I might apply for priority in early august(by God's Grace) because of the 28 days thingy. I started it last week.

Thanks sha. And prepare well for you interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
While I'm not disputing what you said, I didn't ask him to top up every time. I only said that an extra equivalent of £1,000 in Naira should be put into the account before the 28 day count starts to avoid the balance dipping because of the difference in the exchange rate on the date of application. Either that or he pays more of his fees to the school without touching what is in the account if the 28 day count has started and his account balance might be negatively impacted. I have highlighted and attached the part of the T4 migrant guide that deals with that. My school also emphasized the same thing with the exception of when the account is a £ account. I know of someone that it affected. It's better safe than sorry.
We all don't have the same experiences and I don't claim to know it all but at the end of the day, he could also use the date he started the 28 day count which is before the date of application if he has started counting, miracles do happen and favour does speak when all else fails. It also boils down to the use of the ECO's discretion.

justwise:

Practically Nchabuomo is right, you can't be held responsible for the fluctuation because its impossible to keep up with that.

Each time you topup because of exchange rate fluctuation it means restarting the 28days counting again.

I have never seen anybody that refused because of that.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
While I'm not disputing what you said, I didn't ask him to top up every time. I only said that an extra equivalent of £1,000 in Naira should be put into the account before the 28 day count starts to avoid the balance dipping because of the difference in the exchange rate on the date of application. Either that or he pays more of his fees to the school without touching what is in the account if the 28 day count has started and his account balance might be negatively. I have highlighted and attached the part of the T4 migrant guide that deals with that. My school also emphasized the same thing with the exception of when the account is a £ account. I know of someone that it affected. It's better safe than sorry.
We all don't have the same experiences and I don't claim to know it all but at the end of the day, he could do use the date he started the 28 day count which is before the date of application if he has started counting, miracles do happen and favour does speak when all else fails. It also boils down to the use of the ECO's discretion.

That is unnecessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
No offence meant @Justwise. That's meant for anyone who may have used the date they started their 28-day count and still got their visas approved as the ECOs who treated their files may have discarded the guide and used their discretion. It wasn't directed at you.

justwise:

That is unnecessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yes, you're right. I'm sure preparing for it. I pray it all works out well. I'll post updates when I have any information that might be useful.

Question1:

I guess you still have enough time to apply for standard Visa and travel since you'd like to travel around August. But in my own case I might apply for priority in early august(by God's Grace) because of the 28 days thingy. I started it last week.

Thanks sha. And prepare well for you interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
Yes, you're right. I'm sure preparing for it. I pray it all works out well. I'll post updates when I have any information that might be useful.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hi Justwise, thanks for your help in the past, Please would it be advisable to apply for a tier 4 visa from any ECOWAS country as a Nigerian (I work off shore). I am going for my masters (sept intake) (just completed my BA last year and left the UK). Your prompt response would be much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
You should be present legally in the country or territory you’re applying from. If you can get a residential permit in the ECOWAS country you are currently in, it will make life easier for you.

Teegirl101:
Hi Justwise, thanks for your help in the past, Please would it be advisable to apply for a tier 4 visa from any ECOWAS country as a Nigerian (I work off shore). I am going for my masters (sept intake) (just completed my BA last year and left the UK). Your prompt response would be much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MissKayD(f): 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hi.
Is it okay to open a new account and deposit the money for the maintenance funds in it and start the 28 days count or does it have to be an account that has been running for longer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lafad11(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hello to everyone in the house. Kudos to the gurus in the house, you guys are doing a great job.
I have some questions that I need urgent answers for.
1. My sponsors are my brothers and they reside permanently in UK. Do I need to tell them to send the money to me to deposit in my account? Or can I use their own bank statement and a letter from them indictating they are my sponsors. Though I have a reasonable amount that can take care of my living expenses in my own account.

2. Are there designated medical centres for the TB test. If yes, kindly send them to me.

Pls kindly put me through cos I'm a bit confuse
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.