Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332495 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
Teegirl101:
Hi Justwise, thanks for your help in the past, Please would it be advisable to apply for a tier 4 visa from any ECOWAS country as a Nigerian (I work off shore). I am going for my masters (sept intake) (just completed my BA last year and left the UK). Your prompt response would be much appreciated. Thanks

If you have permanent status in that country yes you can else apply from Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
MissKayD:
Hi.
Is it okay to open a new account and deposit the money for the maintenance funds in it and start the 28 days count or does it have to be an account that has been running for longer?

Yes you can do that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
lafad11:
Hello to everyone in the house. Kudos to the gurus in the house, you guys are doing a great job.
I have some questions that I need urgent answers for.
1. My sponsors are my brothers and they reside permanently in UK. Do I need to tell them to send the money to me to deposit in my account? Or can I use their own bank statement and a letter from them indictating they are my sponsors. Though I have a reasonable amount that can take care of my living expenses in my own account.

Thanks

Ask your brothers to pay the money into your account because you can't use their account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
1. Let them send it to your account. Your parents are the only family that can sponsor you if the money isn't in your account.
2. The TB test centre is at 1 Isaac John street, GRA Ikeja. Note that it's at the junction of Isaac John street and Oduduwa way.
It costs N47,500 for an adult(11 years and above) and N19,000 for children below 11years.
You will need to book an appointment by mailing iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int or calling 234807 219 1112.
After your booking has been confirmed, you'll need to pay at any standard chartered bank and take the teller +your passport to IOM office on your test date. Note that there's a different teller for IOM payments so ask for it when you get to the bank.
IOM account number is : 0001847002
Account name: international organization for migration.

I hope that helps.

lafad11:
Hello to everyone in the house. Kudos to the gurus in the house, you guys are doing a great job.
I have some questions that I need urgent answers for.
1. My sponsors are my brothers and they reside permanently in UK. Do I need to tell them to send the money to me to deposit in my account? Or can I use their own bank statement and a letter from them indictating they are my sponsors. Though I have a reasonable amount that can take care of my living expenses in my own account.

2. Are there designated medical centres for the TB test. If yes, kindly send them to me.

Pls kindly put me through cos I'm a bit confuse
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MissKayD(f): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
justwise:

Yes you can do that
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
MissKayD:
Hi.
Is it okay to open a new account and deposit the money for the maintenance funds in it and start the 28 days count or does it have to be an account that has been running for longer?

[/b]If I were you, I wouldn't do that. I would use an existing account. It's suspicious to just have new account, no previous transactions, no latter transactions. Just 1 huge deposit of over 4,000,000 naira. Then a statement. I hope you realise that the bank statement you will then submit will simply be 1 page and 1 line?[b]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lafad11(m): 6:08am On Jul 19, 2017
I appreciate you all that took time to read and reply my post. I'm in a fix right now. Telling my brothers to send money from UK, changing it to naira and later changing
it back to pounds is kinda difficult for me.

Like I said earlier I have more than my living expenses (£9k)funds in my account but the the balance of the tuition is what I dont have in my account.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MissKayD(f): 6:12am On Jul 19, 2017
LaaJiblik:

[/b]If I were you, I wouldn't do that. I would use an existing account. It's suspicious to just have new account, no previous transactions, no latter transactions. Just 1 huge deposit of over 4,000,000 naira. Then a statement. I hope you realise that the bank statement you will then submit will simply be 1 page and 1 line?[b]
Thanks for your reply. That's my worry too. Please is there anyone who used a new account and their application was successful?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2017
lafad11:
I appreciate you all that took time to read and reply my post. I'm in a fix right now. Telling my brothers to send money from UK, changing it to naira and later changing

Like I said earlier I have more than my living expenses (£9k)funds in my account but the the balance of the tuition is what I dont have in my account.

Thanks

i will advise you. just look for the balance of your tuition fee and add with your maintenance fund.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2017
Since you can use 2 accounts, you can put the £ in your domiciliary account if you have 1. The would save u the stress of changing. The following info is from the T4 guide.
217. Where evidence from two or more accounts is submitted, we will assess the funds available to you as being: the closing balance of one account, plus any additional money available to you on the date of that closing balance, for which you have provided the required evidence.
218. We will always use the closing balance date from the account that most favours you.

Or you can ask your brothers to use the money to pay for outstanding balances on your tuition fee to you school and have your CAS updated. That way, the money in your acct will be sufficient for you application.

lafad11:

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2017
MissKayD:

Thanks for your reply. That's my worry too. Please is there anyone who did that and it worked?
I did that in 2009 and 2013 and it worked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennyjiks: 8:25am On Jul 19, 2017
Im getting ready for my visa application this week.

Im concerned that i dont have my original degree transcript. But i have my original degree certificate.

Its scanned copy i sent to the school. Are trsnscripts necessary if u have your degree cert? Who has applied without it plz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 19, 2017
bennyjiks:

Im concerned that i dont have my original degree transcript. But i have my original degree certificate.

Its scanned copy i sent to the school. Are trsnscripts necessary if u have your degree cert? Who has applied without it plz
4. Documents you must provide

When you apply for the visa you must provide:
•a current passport or other valid travel documentation
•proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course - this will vary depending on your circumstances
•proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
•proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian
•your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test

You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.

You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.

Read the guidance and appendix for the full list of documents and how much money you’ll need according to your situation.
HO have left that transcript discretion to the schools to deal with, once you have received your CAS and no transcript Visa conditions on it then apply with documents requested by the HO above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:01am On Jul 19, 2017
lafad11:

Thanks

In your opinion, what do you now think is the way out?

There is no fix here. Rules are rules. You either abide by them, or you fail to get what you want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by diego2015(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2017
LaaJiblik:

In your opinion, what do you now think is the way out?

There is no fix here. Rules are rules. You either abide by them, or you fail to get what you want.
i suggest you pay the remaining tuition fees to the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MissKayD(f): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2017
Advisory:

I did that in 2009 and 2013 and it worked
Thank you. Advisory, can you please give details of how you went about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 10:59am On Jul 19, 2017
bennyjiks:

The Short answer is: NO. Transcripts are NOT neccessary. What is important is that your HEI had evaluated you, found you suitable and issued you an UNCONDITIONAL admission, and a CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2017
MissKayD:

Thank you. Advisory, can you please give details of how you went about it?
2009 I had a salary account of 190K and I paid my fees £10250 from the account. by the time I was ready to apply for visa 2 months after paying fees, I had only about 90k left in the account so I asked that my Fixed Deposit be liquidated and dropped into my account (3m). I printed the statement to reflect a days transaction. People did say I wouldn't get it then though lol and I did

2013. I came to Naija to apply for Visa, this time my account was dormant reactivated it and I put a stop so no debit can come out to assure my friend that I will not run with his money. It had about 20K in it asked the friend to transfer 8m, and printed a days statement again.
Now I have always filled into all my Visa applications that I had investment to the tune of the money I always transfer so if they ask or something I would have said it was a fixed deposit.
NOTE: A fixed deposit in a bank used to work this way, money comes into your account, bank opens a fixed account at head office and money leaves your normal account. when investment matures money is dropped into your normal account if you not interested in rolling over.
Investment could be anything from Fixed Deposit, to FOREX, to fund management.
etc
I hope it makes sense
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MissKayD(f): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2017
Advisory:

2009 I had a salary account of 190K and I paid my fees £10250 from the account. by the time I was ready to apply for visa 2 months after paying fees, I had only about 90k left in the account so I asked that my Fixed Deposit be liquidated and dropped into my account (3m). I printed the statement to reflect a days transaction. People did say I wouldn't get it then though lol and I did

2013. I came to Naija to apply for Visa, this time my account was dormant reactivated it and I put a stop so no debit can come out to assure my friend that I will not run with his money. It had about 20K in it asked the friend to transfer 8m, and printed a days statement again.
Now I have always filled into all my Visa applications that I had investment to the tune of the money I always transfer so if they ask or something I would have said it was a fixed deposit.
NOTE: A fixed deposit in a bank used to work this way, money comes into your account, bank opens a fixed account at head office and money leaves your normal account. when investment matures money is dropped into your normal account if you not interested in rolling over.
Investment could be anything from Fixed Deposit, to FOREX, to fund management.
etc
I hope it makes sense

Thank you for the details. Makes a lot of sense. Appreciate your help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 19, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pondat99: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello all i need your help i just got a school in the uk for my flying training cos all aint tier 4 sponsors and this school says i must go throouh short term study visa and when before it expires return and reapply till i finish but do i have to keep funds in my dads account for 28days and do i have to take the TB test and pay IHS please i need answers thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
pondat99:
Hello all i need your help i just got a school in the uk for my flying training cos all aint tier 4 sponsors and this school says i must go throouh short term study visa and when before it expires return and reapply till i finish but do i have to keep funds in my dads account for 28days and do i have to take the TB test and pay IHS please i need answers thanks all
1. Overview

You can apply for a Short-term study visa if:
•you’re doing a short course of study in the UK
•you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
•you meet the other eligibility requirements

You need a Standard Visitor visa if you’re an academic visitor.

You can’t apply if you qualify for British citizenship - including if you can have dual nationality. You must apply for British citizenship instead.

What you can and can’t do

You can:
•do a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course
•do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad

You can’t:
•study at a state school
•work (including on a work placement or work experience) or carry out any business
extend this visa[b][/b]
•bring family members (‘dependants’) with you - they must apply separately
•get public funds

How long you can stay

You can stay in the UK for:
•6 months - for any short course (including English language courses), or short period of research if you’re 18 or over
•11 months - if you’re 18 or over and taking an English language course

Fees

It costs:
•£93 for a 6 month visa
•£179 for an 11 month visa

How long it takes

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you’re applying from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
lafad11:

Thanks

Tell your uncle to pay the balance of your tuition fee and I know the university will update your CAS immediately.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
pondat99:

Go to the website and read the requirements foe SHORT TERM study visa.

Read it YOuRSELF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ibukunoluwa01: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good evening, is it possible to transfer to a university in UK for the January 2018 semester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pondat99: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
I have read but even the ukvi website doesnt give full information like here so im trynna be sure man not like i didnt read
LaaJiblik:

Go to the website and read the requirements foe SHORT TERM study visa.

Read it YOuRSELF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vicrown(m): 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks house for your pieces of advice. The issue with my CAS has been resolved. The error on my name in my tuberculosis test report has also been corrected. My university (LSE) has equally sent me the letter confirming my full scholarship. I successfully applied for a one year student's visa today and paid $775 for both IHS and visa fee (approximately 283,000). I also booked a Friday appointment for the interview. Please what kind of questions should I expect?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ajoke007(f): 2:48am On Jul 20, 2017
Hello everyone.thanks for all the informative posts. I want to ask if
1. The value added service - **NEW** Application and Document Checks £ 30 per Applicant is worth it.

2. is it compulsory the statement is dated for exactly one month

3. The statement i have is in my parents company name but there is an attached letter from the bank saying they are both signatories. Will that be an issue

4. I got the statement a month ago because i intended to apply earlier but couldn't due to some issues with thr sch. Is it outdated?

my interview is on friday so there is little i can do and i only came across this forum tonight but i want to be prepared just in case.

I really appreciate all the efforts going into this forum. God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:35am On Jul 20, 2017
ajoke007:
Hello everyone.thanks for all the informative posts. I want to ask if
1. The value added service - **NEW** Application and Document Checks £ 30 per Applicant is worth it.

2. is it compulsory the statement is dated for exactly one month

3. The statement i have is in my parents company name but there is an attached letter from the bank saying they are both signatories. Will that be an issue

4. I got the statement a month ago because i intended to apply earlier but couldn't due to some issues with thr sch. Is it outdated?

my interview is on friday so there is little i can do and i only came across this forum tonight but i want to be prepared just in case.

I really appreciate all the efforts going into this forum. God bless.

Did you just say Company's Account? My honest opinion is that you use your own account. Otherwise an account that bears your parent name according to what you have on your Birth Cert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.