Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332852 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshstore: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2015
spawne:

Thanks poshstore. I realise that.. Just trying to deal with the anxiety the way I know how smiley
Thanks again
Its well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2015
I applied for a visiting visa and did my biometric 2nd of sept and was told it will take 15working days,now am worried because haven't get a reply from them because i paid for text and no reply in my email as well on when am to come for the collection...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hi all, I got a mail from TelePerformance today that my application has been assessed and decision has been made, but I didn't get the mail from LAGOSVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk. Please what could be the cause of this Can I travel down to lagos to check on Monday? I just feel the mail should come from lagosvisainfo@fco.gov.uk rather than Tls. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with acceptance or refusal. It's my first time, nd dats y I'm like this. Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Opportunity for Nigerians http://howafrica.com/2016-commonwealth-scholarship-for-masters-and-phd-study-in-uk-fully-funded/

Those already in the UK are not eligible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oracles: 3:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Pls does any one know how to got abt booking for the TB test. The clinic's phone numbers I got online aren't going through. In addition, how long does it take to get the results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2015
Oracles:
Pls does any one know how to got abt booking for the TB test. The clinic's phone numbers I got online aren't going through. In addition, how long does it take to get the results.
google other oim call numbers where're for Lagos or Abuja branch..they have not just one number then for the certificate,you can get it the same day but you will have to inform the doctor that you need it that day then he will tell you to come sometime from 5pm downwards

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 8:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Someone answer this now please!!!!!!!

What amount of pounds is the max to travel with that these uniformed robbers stationed in the airport won't gimme issues about!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2015
derbylicious:

What amount of pounds is the max to travel with that these uniformed robbers stationed in the airport won't gimme issues about!!!!!!

Anything above 10k is money laundering, so you can carry below that. Give nobody a penny if asked.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mubarak39: 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2015
narpheesarh:
Mubarak did u pay for priority service too? And is this your first visa application? Just wondering y mine isn't out yet.

Yes i paid for priority service, and it's my first application. When did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mubarak39: 1:05am On Oct 04, 2015
narpheesarh:
Hi all, I got a mail from TelePerformance today that my application has been assessed and decision has been made, but I didn't get the mail from LAGOSVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk. Please what could be the cause of this Can I travel down to lagos to check on Monday? I just feel the mail should come from lagosvisainfo@fco.gov.uk rather than Tls. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with acceptance or refusal. It's my first time, nd dats y I'm like this. Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks

You should never expect any notification from the visa office, just focus on the tlsContact emails, and that's there main duty (to inform you about the progress of your application).
Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and decisions, and is playing no role in the decision-making process.

So just wait for the collection email from TLScontact tomorrow before you go.

Good luck!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynssy: 4:42am On Oct 04, 2015
meena28:
Hi everyone. Great and completely useful thread. Wondering if there is anyone heading to the University of Reading here. If there is any, have you secured accommodation or does anyone know anyone who needs a flatmate or know of a spare room available. I had no idea it would be this difficult getting private accommodation especially trying to do it without being in the UK. Any help would be well appreciated. Thanks

hi, I'll be heading to reading, but I'm yet to get my visas. The accomodation stuff has been a source of worry to me too. I'm sure sharing a flat won't be a bad idea. I'm a lady and interested. guess we should talk. cheers....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 5:20am On Oct 04, 2015
@ Mubarak, Jazakumullahu khoiron..Thank you so much. Will wait for their collection mail then. Decision mail by Tls since Friday 02-10-2015.i just pray I can get it latest by Tuesday. Anyone heading to Middlesex University pls??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mubarak39: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2015
narpheesarh:
@ Mubarak, Jazakumullahu khoiron..Thank you so much. Will wait for their collection mail then. Decision mail by Tls since Friday 02-10-2015.i just pray I can get it latest by Tuesday. Anyone heading to Middlesex University pls??

Expect it by Monday. I'm sure your visa is ready. All the best Nafisah!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2015
Hello Everyone here. Great job my oga at d top (@Justwise n co).
Anyone going to Glasgow Caledonian or anybody on NL that knows who is going to Glasgow Caledonian Uni, abeg holla. Its for accomodation issue, wont mind sharing a flat for private accomodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 3:02am On Oct 05, 2015
For those of you who have got your visa and are travelling very soon, please take these along amongst your other useful stuff:

1. Thick sweaters and cardigans

2. Thick jeans

3. Good portable umbrella

4. Portable heater (if you have already) this is particularly relevant for those staying in shared apartments, as you don't want to run the bills because you are just heating your room.

5. Adaptor and extension wire box

6. Your favourite african meals

7. Aboniki or robb

8. Slippers or Flip Flop

9. Plenty socks

10. Your favourite movies (boredom overload)

11. Powdered milk and milo

12. Vaseline or lotion

If you forget anthing, know that whenever you decide to buy it at the stores in the UK, please don't convert to naija currency, because you will be terribly bitter.

Don't be overly excited, pack the relevant and necessary stuff!

Anyways, safe trip folks and good luck in your studies.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 3:05am On Oct 05, 2015
derbylicious:

Well, when I travelled, nobody asked me any stupid cross questions on how much I was carrying. Just take as much money as you need but not above 10,000 pounds. You can always withdraw at the cash machines here or use their POS. Whatever works for you.

P.S: they really don't fancy Western Union or Money Gram in some of these fancy banks here.

Goodluck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 3:09am On Oct 05, 2015
ufeedoh:
Please I need urgent answers to my questions got admission to Swansea University, I sent a mail for deferment when my dad was not forth coming and now my dad wants me to go. Is it possible to get the deferment cancelled and transfer the fees,apply for a visa and still meet up with the latest enrollment date being 12th October?I have the tb test result already,I also have my dad statement with money over 28days. all I need do is pay fees, get CAS and Visa. Will pay for priority.

Yes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:19am On Oct 05, 2015
eljaye:
For those of you who have got your visa and are travelling very soon, please take these along amongst your other useful stuff:

1. Thick sweaters and cardigans

2. Thick jeans

3. Good portable umbrella

4. Portable heater (if you have already) this is particularly relevant for those staying in shared apartments, as you don't want to run the bills because you are just heating your room.

5. Adaptor and extension wire box

6. Your favourite african meals

7. Aboniki or robb

8. Slippers or Flip Flop

9. Plenty socks

10. Your favourite movies (boredom overload)

11. Powdered milk and milo

12. Vaseline or lotion

If you forget anthing, know that whenever you decide to buy it at the stores in the UK, please don't convert to naija currency, because you will be terribly bitter.

Don't be overly excited, pack the relevant and necessary stuff!

Anyways, safe trip folks and good luck in your studies.

Portable heater will skyrocket your electric bill and your landlord or Flatmates will not find that funny.

Most of the things you listed there are cheap in the UK if you know where to shop

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spawne: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
Just got decision mail. I pray it's successful.
Read the mail like ten times hoping to see "successful " somewhere.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
Alhamdulilah.my visa was issued today. Thanks everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
I applied for a visiting visa and did my biometric 2nd of sept and was told it will take 15working days,now am worried because haven't get a reply from them because i paid for text and no reply in my email as well on when am to come for the collection...
Pls i need answers if is too late or not to get reply from them....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by PresidentialiQ: 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hey Nairalanders, I would love to share the story of student visa application for masters study in the UK.

My initial plan was to use my bank account statement which shows my outstanding course fee and also an undertaking from my uncle who is a British citizen saying I would be staying with him and he would take care of all my living expenses. The reason I wanted to use that was because I saw in the UK VISA GUIDE that you can stay with an "intended carer" and they stated the documents and things you need to supply from that "Intended Carer" you will be living with.

I thought everything was good, although I sometimes felt as if I might be doing the wrong thing.

Because I had a feeling I might be wrong, I always checked the internet everyday trying to find out if anyone has used that method and if it worked or something,I just needed someone on the same boat with me.
Finally! I saw a post on Nairaland from someone asking a question relating to staying with his uncle while doing his masters in the UK and the documents he would need. Because I am also in the same boat with him, I decided to lend an helping hand explaining the documents he would need and offered him a choice to contact me if he needed a sample of the undertaking from his uncle should look like, little did I know I was helping myself.

When next I checked he post, I saw someone had commented saying "Thanks for your reply, but I think you are getting the instruction from the wrong part of the guide., that instruction is for the Tier 4 child student" .... Immediately I read that , my heart sank because it was around ending of August, and school resumes September. ( mind you; have always had a feeling the instruction am using was for child student but because it wasn't PROPERLY stated who the instruction was for, I decided to take it that it applies to both child and adult as long as you have a close relative in the UK who is willing to vouch for you.

I felt so lost, destabilised , scared and without a clue of what to do next because sincerely speaking, the only money I can show is my course fee because I would really be staying with my uncle. Then is saw that, a letter from an international company saying they would take care of all your expenses can also be used as proof to show maintenance. Luckily for me, there is a company I work with/for in the UK that has a status of an international company because they aren't only just in the UK but also operate across different countries.

I called the CEO of the company and told him how stuck I feel and that the only thing I can use now is a letter from them saying they would sponsor me. He was glad to do so and drafted the letter with the guide of the visa website, the day he drafted the letter to send was on the 7th of September. Give or take, if it would get to me , it would take like 7days or so.
I told him to send it via DHL which will deliver to my house in 3days or less but he sent it via Royal Mail because as a white man he thinks any mail courier will do the job not knowing that in Nigeria, if you want a sure package delivery! you use either DHL or EMS or any courier thst offers a tracking number.
Royal Mail said it won't be able to be tracked and that it should get to me by 5days, , mind you I was really scared because it's getting so close to the resumption date of the school and I don't have a visa. Nothing is more stressful than an incoming parcel with no ability to track. I finally got another means of getting the same letter on the 14th of September. I then applied for the visa on the 15th of September and also paid the £120 fast track fee, have heard a lot of stories from people saying the priority service wasn't worth it but I just followed my heart and went for it.
My interview was scheduled for the 17th of September , super scared and anxious, I went for the appointment to submit my documents and attended the interview which I did well at because it was a skype interview and because I work for an international company , we Skype everyday.

Due to the holiday upon holiday , I finally got my visa on the 5th of October and I intend to travel on the 9th. Mind you, school resumed on the 28th of September but as a naija guy, we go survive.

The purpose of this mail is to enlighten everyone who may be getting the guidelines for the UK visa application wrong and for those who have all the needed documents but are always scared about the outcome - if your documents are correct and checks out, YOU WILL GET YOUR VISA!!! They want you to come spend your money in their country so nothing dey happen.

God bless the forum admins and others who take time out to enlighten others in the process of getting their visas.

Anybody attending Middlesex University.. Let's link up!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spawne: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
Guys, I got my passport back today and yes, my application was successful.
I give God thanks and appreciate all the help I got from you all. Y'all aces in my book.
Best wishes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mubarak39: 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
narpheesarh:
Alhamdulilah.my visa was issued today. Thanks everyone.

Congrats!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
spawne:
Guys, I got my passport back today and yes, my application was successful.
I give God thanks and appreciate all the help I got from you all. Y'all aces in my book.
Best wishes.
Congrats bruv.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olatejucole: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
hello house how much exchange rate will bank charge if someone will use MasterCard to pay tuition fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spawne: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
davide470:
Congrats bruv.
Oga mi, thanks. Na anoda level of hustling we dey go do so. God dey sha.
How u been?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
olatejucole:
hello house how much exchange rate will bank charge if someone will use MasterCard to pay tuition fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 7:09am On Oct 08, 2015
@olatej.it depends on the bank. For zenith, it was 350 to a pound when I used it early last month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hey people!!!!!!

It's bleeping cold in Colchester....equate it to horrid harmattan!!!! My jackets feel like bikini to it...today is Thursday market hope to get a coat,infact I'd ask for one that'd make it seem like I'm in hell... I'm allergic to cold but I'm here for a purpose so I have to be focused.

Thanks to justwise et al,you guys deserve French kisses!!!
Take care *shivers*

French kisses

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by gentlestrides: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Goodday All... The house seems very dry these days, it looks like all September students have all left.
Well, let me encourage someone here today and at the same time share my Testimony.
I applied for a Tier 4 in August and was refused, after getting all 40points for PBS. The ECO refused my entry clearance based on his own judgements that:
1. I didn't know my travel cost from Nigeria to UK
2. I didn't explain my academic gap after leaving school for sometime
3. I had no living arrangements
4. I didn't show my personal financial status(I am a sponsored student ooooo). All these reasons were given even after stating all of these during the credibility interview and even some questions I wasn't asked, I was been given denial reasons for not been a genuine student.

Well, my school refused to issue me another CAS, so I had to go for an administrative review, which I did-with the wisdom of God enabling to counter their reasons and giving a good "representation" according to them.

23 days after, I got an email that my Administrative review decision had been overturned and was successful that I should send my passport to the VAC where I applied for onward submission to Sheffield before my last Enrolment date which is 12th. However, my school had moved last Enrolment date to 19th.

My people, God is real oooo... Throughout this period, I have prayed and trusted God like never before.

I submitted my passport on the 2nd but am yet to get any update or email for collection. I sent an email to the Sheffield office this morning, no response.

Bros @justwise @scoobs...Please any idea on how I should go about the collection or when am likely to get it so I can carry my bags and go... Lol

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.