Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336775 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
BTW, I'm headed to Hull. Is anybody in the Yorkshire region?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
BarrEgo:
Hello all. I'm an ardent fan of this website and of Justwise's but I often follow the discussions mutely. grin
Anyways...Please, I'm a bit confused. I applied for Tier IV visa (a bit late) on 29/09/2015, attended my biometrics appointment on 12/10/2015, the docs arrived the UK on 13/10/2015 and when asked in my application form when I want to be in the UK I answered 16/10/2015, because the deadline for my uni's registration is 19/10/2015. Today I got an email TLSContact that my passport and docs are on their way to me, but nothing was said about a decision being made and the track your application page doesn't indicate whether or not a decision was made. Is this normal? Should I be worried? The docs will most likely be here (I'm writing from Netherlands) by tomorrow but my heart is pumping that something might be wrong.

Absolutely. They don't give you the indication whether your application is successful or not, they used to but not anymore.

So relax and wait for it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
BarrEgo:
BTW, I'm headed to Hull. Is anybody in the Yorkshire region?

Hull? Good school but the city...well you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Okay. Thanks Justwise. I'll stay positive. smiley

justwise:

Absolutely. They don't give you the indication whether your application is successful or not, they used to but not anymore.

So relax and wait for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
BarrEgo:
Okay. Thanks Justwise. I'll stay positive. smiley

Good for your state of mind.... grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
LOL...I've heard a lot of negatives about the town, but I'm excited still. Living in NL has been super fun but getting a legit part-time/studenty job is IMPOSSIBLE! Sooooo many rules!

justwise:

Hull? Good school but the city...well you will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
BarrEgo:
Hello all. I'm an ardent fan of this website and of Justwise's but I often follow the discussions mutely. grin
Anyways...Please, I'm a bit confused. I applied for Tier IV visa (a bit late) on 29/09/2015, attended my biometrics appointment on 12/10/2015, the docs arrived the UK on 13/10/2015 and when asked in my application form when I want to be in the UK I answered 16/10/2015, because the deadline for my uni's registration is 19/10/2015. Today I got an email TLSContact that my passport and docs are on their way to me, but nothing was said about a decision being made and the track your application page doesn't indicate whether or not a decision was made. Is this normal? Should I be worried? The docs will most likely be here (I'm writing from Netherlands) by tomorrow but my heart is pumping that something might be wrong.

That is just 5 days processing period. I don't know about the duration of Netherlands but I am putting my money on outright refusal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
BarrEgo:
LOL...I've heard a lot of negatives about the town, but I'm excited still. Living in NL has been super fun but getting a legit part-time/studenty job is IMPOSSIBLE! Sooooo many rules!

That may not change in Hull grin however....Hull residents are work-shy and depend so much on state benefit so you may be able to get part time job with minimum wage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
spikesC:

That is just 5 days processing period. I don't know about the duration of Netherlands but I am putting my money on outright refusal.

People get their visas in 3days in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hey! You wicked oh! No chill pill on your end at all! Outright refusal say I be terrorist, or what?!! sad

spikesC:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Minimum wage eh?! Chai!

justwise:

That may not change in Hull grin however....Hull residents are work-shy and depend so much on state benefit so you may be able to get part time job with minimum wage.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
That is my story! Amen. grin

justwise:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
BarrEgo:
Hey! You wicked oh! No chill pill on your end at all! Outright refusal say I be terrorist, or what?!! sad

I wicked? No be me dey stamp passports nah grin
Sorry for being 'too' blunt but I am using facts here. Amsterdam's current minimum processing time is 10 days for 10% of all applications.
Nevertheless, there's still a possibility of success as peak period has passed. Just do fasting and prayer

justwise:

For the sake of the press, no comment! cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
BarrEgo:
Minimum wage eh?! Chai!

lol...how much you wan earn? grin grin in cities like Hull with fewer jobs employers take advantage of the situation to pay people close to nothing because they know that people are desperate for job

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sadly, true. shocked

justwise:

lol...how much you wan earn? grin grin in cities like Hull with fewer jobs employers take advantage of the situation to pay people close to nothing because they know that people are desperate for job
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oracles: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
Pls house, is it possible to get visa under 5days of application even without paying for priority service. I'm a sponsored applicant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hello all. I got the visa. All is in order. Thank you, Justwise for the tips and encouragement. Bless!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
Boy! Am I happy that your "blunt"negativity was wrong! Visa granted within 4 days. Lesson: don't be hasty in arriving at negative conclusions.

spikesC:

I wicked? No be me dey stamp passports nah grin
Sorry for being 'too' blunt but I am using facts here. Amsterdam's current minimum processing time is 10 days for 10% of all applications.
Nevertheless, there's still a possibility of success as peak period has passed. Just do fasting and prayer

For the sake of the press, no comment! cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
BarrEgo:
Hello all. I got the visa. All is in order. Thank you, Justwise for the tips and encouragement. Bless!

Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
BarrEgo:

Really happy for you. Congratulations and welcome to the UK

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
BarrEgo:
Boy! Am I happy that your "blunt"negativity was wrong! Visa granted within 4 days. Lesson: don't be hasty in arriving at negative conclusions.

Don't take it personal. Like I said before, am not the one issuing visas. We deal with facts and common sense around here.
When people ask for help, we give them 'advice' based on past experiences and UKBA guidelines.
I just don't get why you don't understand that. You getting denied does not benefit me in anyway, but rather, I am well overjoyed when someone I help is successful.

Congrats on your visa cool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2015
Hi all, its been a while. How's is everyone settling and those that yet to come in, I pray for a successful results . The MBA modules in cardiff is getting busier daily leaves me little time for myself but cardiff is a nice youthful and social city. I can't even differentiate between night and day it's all booming.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iretide1: 8:53am On Oct 23, 2015
good morning house,
i'm a newbie here on this forum. please i need an urgent advice as regards tier 4 visa.
i want to apply for a tier 4 visa for myself and dependant visa for my husband and kid,
can i use two different accounts (my husband's and my dad's) to show the money available for the maintenance fund?
thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mmarvo: 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
00francis:
Hello Everyone!

I have been a silent follower of the thread...I read all parts and even the sister thread on survival in the UK before my application, and I can't thank you all enough for the great wealth of information you have all shared.

I applied on the 14th of September, made sure I called my bank(Skye) before paying for it visa fees to avoid any hiccups, and it went smoothly on the first attempt. I booked for interview on the 16th at Abuja VAC. when I got there a lot of guys haggling at the entrance telling me my passport was the wrong one...instinctively I ignored. To large extent the interview went smoothly, only struggled because I mentioned I might transport myself to school using a bicycle and I was asked how much the bike will cost...I didn't know. I also struggled to answer the timeline between my school application and response.

I got my decision mail on the 28th(6 working days if u remove the public holidays).

When booking for flights please go direct to the airline's website. I got an Air France return ticket from PHC for (204,338) $1021...from Lagos its $939. I traveled on the 4th of October(night flight) and arrived Cranfield on the 5th.

The schedule here in Cranfield has been crazy... 9-5pm daily...the cold on Thursday was something else and we're not in winter yet.

I had some free time yesterday and so I went down to the post office at Milton Keynes to pickup my BRP...I was told it was not there and they gave me a form to contact UKVI...anyone here had a similar thing? I'll like to know how it was resolved.

Oh yeah thanks to this online community I was able to contact someone here who accommodated me in his room for 3 days for free until I got my own accommodation yesterday... I would have lost some good cash paying for a hotel so thank you all.

I've got lyca and lebara...I need advice on which one to actually use and how to activate the plan.

Once again thank you all so very much.

00francis, has more or less said it all, except for a few differences, as i submitted at the Lagos-VI VAC...if you are to apply for a student visa, just read up this tread right from the beginning and almost all of your questions would have been answered.
There's one thing I would like to add, which is about getting errors on your BRP card corrected (esp. work hrs/wk) and the process involved.
I'm actually still on the process but once I get it done; I'll post for all to see.

To the unknown, unseen MODs and contributors... a BIG shout-out, you all have done great and unknowingly aided thousands!

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
Good day,please i need help to know the next step i should take on my application,did my submission on 2nd of September and was told will get a feed back in 15 working days,am worried now because is now 5 weeks and three days and i haven't heard from them and have been to the submission centre it's not there,so i need to know if everything is going on fine,need you advise on what to do,is a visiting visa am applying for.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fongsaiyuk: 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hi all, I'm a silent follower of this thread and I want to thank you all. I have benefited immensely from what members have posted here. Even though this is coming late because I have been in the UK like 2 weeks now, I believe it is better late than never. Applied for visa on 28th of September (the same day my school resumed), interview was on the 5th of October and visa came out on the 9th of October and latest resumption date was 12th October, though I payed for priority service at the abuja centre, when I was there to collect my visa met someone there who also paid for priority, had applied before me and has not yet got a response. I would say guys should also pray, as God's priority service is the best and most reliable.
I thank Justwise, even though he was so blunt with me when I was getting worried and contacted him, but that doesn't take away the great work he's doing here. I also thank spawne, he was there to answer my questions when i was filling my visa application forms.
I read here of a lady who had only N100 notes to give our officials at the airport, i did exactly the same thing. One immigration officer was the 1st to ask me for money, I just removed 2 of those, folded and gave to him, by the time he saw it he was like what is this? I wanted to tell him that was what I had, he just intercepted and said just go annoyingly lol. Others collected gladly as I proceeded.
Finally, I don't know if it is me that got the wrong impression, but from what I have read here it appears as though one can only come in via Heathrow airport, cos I've seen a lot of people going to Scotland that talked about taking trains or coaches from London to Scotland. I booked an Emirates airline to London, and in dubai I was told I didn't have to go to London if my school is not there and there's an international airport in the city my school is. It was all fun though. I thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oya where are they? Nosa, Kayode, all of them that have started calling me 20hrs work permit! Come here o! I told you that they must change it by force or fire and to the Glory of God, they have o. My new BRP had been ready since the 9th of October but I have not been at home to receive it. And I didn't even pay 1 pence to change it, I posted the old one free of charge to the BRP correction office at the post office.

If I catch any of those Nottingham people calling me 20hours ehen, una go hear am o.

P.S: I don't even think I can work up to 10hours sef but at least I am not restricted in case a nice flexible job comes up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
Please, where can one get hard copy IELTS study materials in Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 1:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Please, where can one get hard copy IELTS study materials in Lagos?

go to their office at Ikoyi or call them to see if it's possible to get it delivered to your door step
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
1step2right:

go to their office at Ikoyi or call them to see if it's possible to get it delivered to your door step
I know they sell it at their office. I wont be that stupid to buy that leaflet 4,500
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
slimmy05:
I know they sell it at their office. I wont be that stupid to buy that leaflet 4,500

That's the only place the sell hard copies except you go online.they are free

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.