Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332474 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:37am On Oct 09, 2015
derbylicious:
Hey people!!!!!!

It's bleeping cold in Colchester....equate it to horrid harmattan!!!! My jackets feel like bikini to it...today is Thursday market hope to get a coat,infact I'd ask for one that'd make it seem like I'm in hell ... I'm allergic to cold but I'm here for a purpose so I have to be focused.

Thanks to justwise et al,you guys deserve French kisses!!!
Take care *shivers*

French kisses

grin grin try aboniki then
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:40am On Oct 09, 2015
gentlestrides:
Goodday All... The house seems very dry these days, it looks like all September students have all left.
Well, let me encourage someone here today and at the same time share my Testimony.
I applied for a Tier 4 in August and was refused, after getting all 40points for PBS. The ECO refused my entry clearance based on his own judgements that:
1. I didn't know my travel cost from Nigeria to UK
2. I didn't explain my academic gap after leaving school for sometime
3. I had no living arrangements
4. I didn't show my personal financial status(I am a sponsored student ooooo). All these reasons were given even after stating all of these during the credibility interview and even some questions I wasn't asked, I was been given denial reasons for not been a genuine student.

Well, my school refused to issue me another CAS, so I had to go for an administrative review, which I did-with the wisdom of God enabling to counter their reasons and giving a good "representation" according to them.

23 days after, I got an email that my Administrative review decision had been overturned and was successful that I should send my passport to the VAC where I applied for onward submission to Sheffield before my last Enrolment date which is 12th. However, my school had moved last Enrolment date to 19th.

My people, God is real oooo... Throughout this period, I have prayed and trusted God like never before.

I submitted my passport on the 2nd but am yet to get any update or email for collection. I sent an email to the Sheffield office this morning, no response.

Bros @justwise @scoobs...Please any idea on how I should go about the collection or when am likely to get it so I can carry my bags and go... Lol

Contact the embassy to remind them of your resubmission date and I also keep emailing Sheffield
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 00francis: 8:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello Everyone!

I have been a silent follower of the thread...I read all parts and even the sister thread on survival in the UK before my application, and I can't thank you all enough for the great wealth of information you have all shared.

I applied on the 14th of September, made sure I called my bank(Skye) before paying for it visa fees to avoid any hiccups, and it went smoothly on the first attempt. I booked for interview on the 16th at Abuja VAC. when I got there a lot of guys haggling at the entrance telling me my passport was the wrong one...instinctively I ignored. To large extent the interview went smoothly, only struggled because I mentioned I might transport myself to school using a bicycle and I was asked how much the bike will cost...I didn't know. I also struggled to answer the timeline between my school application and response.

I got my decision mail on the 28th(6 working days if u remove the public holidays).

When booking for flights please go direct to the airline's website. I got an Air France return ticket from PHC for (204,338) $1021...from Lagos its $939. I traveled on the 4th of October(night flight) and arrived Cranfield on the 5th.

The schedule here in Cranfield has been crazy... 9-5pm daily...the cold on Thursday was something else and we're not in winter yet.

I had some free time yesterday and so I went down to the post office at Milton Keynes to pickup my BRP...I was told it was not there and they gave me a form to contact UKVI...anyone here had a similar thing? I'll like to know how it was resolved.

Oh yeah thanks to this online community I was able to contact someone here who accommodated me in his room for 3 days for free until I got my own accommodation yesterday... I would have lost some good cash paying for a hotel so thank you all.

I've got lyca and lebara...I need advice on which one to actually use and how to activate the plan.

Once again thank you all so very much.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drunkenmaster: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Get an EE sim (10GBP plan)and a Tesco International call card. Even better when you download their app on the phone.
I think the only reason why most people use Lyca and Lebara is because they want to make international calls.

Anyways, best of luck mate.

00francis:
Hello Everyone!

I have been a silent follower of the thread...I read all parts and even the sister thread on survival in the UK before my application, and I can't thank you all enough for the great wealth of information you have all shared.

I applied on the 14th of September, made sure I called my bank(Skye) before paying for it visa fees to avoid any hiccups, and it went smoothly on the first attempt. I booked for interview on the 16th at Abuja VAC. when I got there a lot of guys haggling at the entrance telling me my passport was the wrong one...instinctively I ignored. To large extent the interview went smoothly, only struggled because I mentioned I might transport myself to school using a bicycle and I was asked how much the bike will cost...I didn't know. I also struggled to answer the timeline between my school application and response.

I got my decision mail on the 28th(6 working days if u remove the public holidays).

When booking for flights please go direct to the airline's website. I got an Air France return ticket from PHC for (204,338) $1021...from Lagos its $939. I traveled on the 4th of October(night flight) and arrived Cranfield on the 5th.

The schedule here in Cranfield has been crazy... 9-5pm daily...the cold on Thursday was something else and we're not in winter yet.

I had some free time yesterday and so I went down to the post office at Milton Keynes to pickup my BRP...I was told it was not there and they gave me a form to contact UKVI...anyone here had a similar thing? I'll like to know how it was resolved.

Oh yeah thanks to this online community I was able to contact someone here who accommodated me in his room for 3 days for free until I got my own accommodation yesterday... I would have lost some good cash paying for a hotel so thank you all.

I've got lyca and lebara...I need advice on which one to actually use and how to activate the plan.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Me nkor, French Kiss?
Find deals online for Trench Coats and basically thick clothings.

Cheers

derbylicious:
Hey people!!!!!!

It's bleeping cold in Colchester....equate it to horrid harmattan!!!! My jackets feel like bikini to it...today is Thursday market hope to get a coat,infact I'd ask for one that'd make it seem like I'm in hell... I'm allergic to cold but I'm here for a purpose so I have to be focused.

Thanks to justwise et al,you guys deserve French kisses!!!
Take care *shivers*

French kisses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
As always, you have spoken well Sire. @Justwise
People will be doing 'overKaKu'.

justwise:

Portable heater will skyrocket your electric bill and your landlord or Flatmates will not find that funny.

Most of the things you listed there are cheap in the UK if you know where to shop
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
GTB won't process 950GBP.
Use a FirstBank card or process a Form A.

drunkenmaster:
Hi house, in a present predicament. I need to pay the fees for my student visa and it will cost 950 pounds. Which bank card can I use? Anyone here used GTB?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 00francis: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
muteEcho:
Get an EE sim (10GBP plan)and a Tesco International call card. Even better when you download their app on the phone.
I think the only reason why most people use Lyca and Lebara is because they want to make international calls.

Anyways, best of luck mate.

Thanks you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
muteEcho:
As always, you have spoken well Sire. @Justwise
People will be doing 'overKaKu'.

grin grin What does that mean? Never seen that combination before
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ishilove: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
justwise:

Hi grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spawne: 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
00francis:
Hello Everyone!

The boss has spoken...!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bicorn: 5:59am On Oct 10, 2015
Hello house, I got my student visa yesterday to study at Coventry University. It's quite late now and school accommodation has been filled up. Is there anyone here currently studying at Coventry who can advise on where to get accommodation and where to stay during my first few days of arrival? Urgent help is highly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by blank(f): 7:26am On Oct 10, 2015
justwise:

Over calculation. (Stingy) .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2015
blank:

Over calculation. (Stingy) .

Oh! grin grin thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2015
Ishilove:

Hi grin

Hi grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by greeners222(m): 11:09am On Oct 10, 2015
@ justwise. Please I need your help. I'm not suppose to post this on this forum but I noticed this is d last post u view so u can get to see my message asap. I need you to leave me your email address or yahoo IM I need you to help me with some letters please thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2015
greeners222:
@ justwise. Please I need your help. I'm not suppose to post this on this forum but I noticed this is d last post u view so u can get to see my message asap. I need you to leave me your email address or yahoo IM _ I need you to help me with some letters please thanks

Not a good idea.

Let me know the sort of letter you are referring to if i can't help others will.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by greeners222(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Thanks for the quick response. Errmmmm you know the UK letter goes for example
The Consular
12, Walter Carrington
Victoria Island
Bla bla bla
So I've got a cousin who wanted to address to France embassy in Lagos but we don't know where to address that to. We don't know if we should just put the new address in Lekki. My cousin wanted to apply a France tourist visa. Is not the letter I want you to help with but where to address it to. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
greeners222:
Thanks for the quick response. Errmmmm you know the UK letter goes for example
The Consular
12, Walter Carrington
Victoria Island
Bla bla bla
So I've got a cousin who wanted to address to France embassy in Lagos but we don't know where to address that to. We don't know if we should just put the new address in Lekki. My cousin wanted to apply a France tourist visa. Is not the letter I want you to help with but where to address it to. Thanks

If the application will be made in Lekki then address it to Lekki or Abuja if the application will be made there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by greeners222(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
Right, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
greeners222:
Right, thanks

Good luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by greeners222(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
Please one more thing. Who do I address th letter to
French high commission or do I start by French Consulate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
greeners222:
Please one more thing. Who do I address th letter to
French high commission or do I start by French Consulate?

It does not matter any of those will do

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2015
Hi all, it has been quite a while. It has been a busy and cold time for me, I am still trying to adjust. I see so many people have been successful in their visa application. Congratulations... And to those waiting or planning to apply, I wish you all the best.

I don't know if I am overstepping my boundaries here but I wrote an article for my school's blog and I wanted to share. It contains tips on how to get a scholarship. @justwise if i am out of line, please let me know....

Happy reading and please comment on the blog and share with others...
[url]Https://blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/internationalstudentlife/2015/10/08/a-scholarship-winner-shares-her-tips-for-making-a-successful-application/[/url]

Happy Sunday...

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good morning all
Please I want to ask 2 questions.. Thanks a lot

1. How much will it cost me to write IELTS/TOEFL in Lagos and where will I go to?
2. How much does it cost to acquire international passport, what is the validity and what is the procedure?

Thanks again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
KingJB:
Good morning all
Please I want to ask 2 questions.. Thanks a lot

1. How much will it cost me to write IELTS/TOEFL in Lagos and where will I go to?
2. How much does it cost to acquire international passport, what is the validity and what is the procedure?

Thanks again

Use google.it will give you the website which has all the info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
crazydove:

Use google.it will give you the website which has all the info

OK thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
just to be sure, what's the charge of using master card for purchases here(POS)? is it uniform or each bank has its own charge?

precisely zenith bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
I applied for a visiting visa and did my biometric 2nd of sept and was told it will take 15working days,now am worried because haven't get a reply from them because i paid for text and no reply in my email as well on when am to come for the collection...
Pls i need answers if is too late or not to get reply from them....@justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
Lexyp:
I applied for a visiting visa and did my biometric 2nd of sept and was told it will take 15working days,now am worried because haven't get a reply from them because i paid for text and no reply in my email as well on when am to come for the collection...
Pls i need answers if is too late or not to get reply from them....@justwise

Go and check your passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
@spikec,my passport is still with them no reply yet my passport was submitted with my document.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.