Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332681 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by buddiemm: 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good afternoon Justwise & Co. I applied for Administrative Review in September and I received a message from the Administrative Reviewer that they are currently conducting further checks on my application. Please what does this mean? I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which was refused because the ECO said my sponsor does not provide the mission statement of the charity and also that my sponsor did not confirm I am not filling a permanent position but I submitted employment letter that confirms a temporary appointment. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
ujugirl88:

Hi dear,pls have you gotten your passport back? If yes, did you pick it from the embassy or vac centre?

After the AR was turned and I resubmitted my passport it took 3months and this happened because the school stepped in before my visa was issued.I hope yours is different sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrgamers: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
Can anyone tell how much time are they taking to stamp after successfull admin review. Submitted 13 october and still waiting. Pls share .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tush1986: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
mrgamers:

How long it took to get stamp after submission

9 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 1:23am On Oct 20, 2017
timmiey:
I inquired from my school and they require a 28 day statement before I can get a CAS.
Thank you for the options you have given.
I intend to make my aunt my legal guardian by getting a court affidavit.
What do you think?

Please go ahead I used it provided you attach a letter signed by your anty giving her consent to release this funds to you I did same and am in the uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:42am On Oct 20, 2017
christisam:

Please go ahead I used it provided you attach a letter signed by your anty giving her consent to release this funds to you I did same and am in the uk.

You are misleading him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by endyyoung: 8:42am On Oct 20, 2017
mrgamers:
Can anyone tell how much time are they taking to stamp after successfull admin review. Submitted 13 october and still waiting. Pls share .

I take it you submitted to vac, did you pick an AVS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hello all, congratulations to those that recently got their visas. i hope you are all settled in. few advice for those here or planning to come for studies.

1. Start applying for jobs immediately your are settled. i know it being said before but i cants stress the importance of this.

2. Only apply for job from companies on the tier 2 list.

3. Download and familiarise yourself with all sections on the tier 2 and tier 4 guidance for both sponsors and applicant. This would enable you to stay in confines of the law in anything you are doing.

3a. General tier 2 requirement does not apply to a tier 4 student. their is still provisions for post-study work. YES THEIR IS PROVISION FOR POST STUDY WORK IN THE TIER 2 GUIDANCE. below are a few points for your reference (paraphrasing)

Section 1.9: Employers do not need to pay the immigration skill charge for a Tier 4 student visa holder which is currently in the UK.
Section 26.4 -26.5: Exempt tier 4 student from requiring the minimum salary of £30,000 per year down to £20,800.
Section 28.9: This exempts an employer from carrying out the resident labour market test.

4. Network and meet people. this is as important as your education, the right introduction to the right person would work wonders.

good luck in your studies and God bless.

cc OlowoB, Justwise

Edited some links added.
[url]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/616206/Tier_25_guidance_05-2017.pdf
[/url]
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/606677/Tier_4_Sponsor_Guidance_-_Doc_1_-_Applying_for_a_licence.pdf

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2017
Teegirl101:
Hello all, pls need help all the knowledgeable pips in d house.
My timeline so far
Online application 29 Sept
Biometric and interview -3rd Oct
Mail from Sheffield -4th Oct
2nd mail frim Sheffield needing previous Bsc certificate (studied in uk) -11th Oct
submitted same day
-----Nothing from TSL/UKVI till date

Paid priority, Ikeja TSL

Pls what could be the delay?
Shld I go to d VAC despite no e-mail? undecided

New update
Decison mail at 11am ish collection mail 3pm ish same day , 19th Oct
Pictked up today -20th oct
Visa stamped on 11th Oct

Glory be to God, He has done it again smiley

Thanx to all, esp ever reliable SLEYFLASH and Justwise

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
At last.. congratulations dear.. London here u come..

Teegirl101:

New update
Visa stamped on 11th Oct

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Teegirl101:

New update
Visa stamped on 11th Oct

Congratulations !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 2:48am On Oct 21, 2017
christisam:

Thank you all for the suggestions. My aunt transferred the funds to my account to be on the safe side. Counting steadily the 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 2:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Teegirl101:

New update Decison mail at 11am ish collection mail 3pm ish same day , 19th Oct Pictked up today -20th oct Visa stamped on 11th Oct
congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 21, 2017
Pls which airline is cheap to use? Also anyone here in Teesside university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2017
bestbian:
Air Morocco, Kenya airlines, medview airline, u can download cheap flights app. It will help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
timmiey:
congrats
Aaaw...hugs... thnx Timmiey smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2017
Teegirl101:
Aaaw...hugs... thnx Timmiey smiley
Oya what school are you going to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 11:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
buddiemm:
Good afternoon Justwise & Co. I applied for Administrative Review in September and I received a message from the Administrative Reviewer that they are currently conducting further checks on my application. Please what does this mean? I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which was refused because the ECO said my sponsor does not provide the mission statement of the charity and also that my sponsor did not confirm I am not filling a permanent position but I submitted employment letter that confirms a temporary appointment. Thanks
Don't you think you just have to wait for their review and background check on you? If you have filled correct info and documents, you need not worry your head.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
timmiey:
Thank you all for the suggestions. My aunt transferred the funds to my account to be on the safe side. Counting steadily the 28 days.
This will avoid unnecessary documents. Goodluck to you, bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by endyyoung: 12:04am On Oct 23, 2017
hello guys, Can anyone please help, I joined the forum quite late.

I am expecting a reply for my administrative review this week, applied 10 Oct, I expect the refusal to be turned and need to prepare for what to do next as there's no time, my programme started 18th sept. (I was refused for not providing an official Birth Certificate which I actually provided - NPC attestation of birth, no need to go into details on that).

So 1st question(s): What are the next steps to take if refusal is overturned? Will I send my passport to Sheffield or TLScontact? Will priority service make any difference in this case? Will I need to resubmit all documents for fresh scanning? (I live in ph‎ so I can begin to make travel arrangements) Will there be any fees/charges? etc, anything to know to prep me,

Secondly, I also noticed the eco stated my application was NOT ASSESSED as it already falls on other grounds for refusal.
2nd question: does this mean if I resubmit my passport, the application will now be assessed for the first time and can still be refused for other reasons, or does the ECM do a complete assessment before overturning refusal and one can be rest assured of getting the visa?

because I read somewhere about the reasons for someone's refusal on this blog, and it was because during interview they gave generic answers to questions about why study this course in the UK, I also gave quite generic answers too, like a UK degree provides many opportunities in Nigeria, the schools have updated curriculum in the subject matters, the degree adds some color to your CV (still can't believe I said that), bla bla bla etc and I fear this might affect me.

Any help is appreciated pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by endyyoung: 12:12am On Oct 23, 2017
bestbian:

I am for Teesside Uni but haven't gotten visa yet, are you undergrad or postgrad? Do you know of any enrolment deadlines?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 2:52am On Oct 23, 2017
@Endyyoung,

Stop troubling yourself......Since you have applied for AR, they will look at your documents and if they realise they are the ones that made a mistake, they will ask for your passport and stamp your visa. If they require further documents, they will get across to you.

As for the answers you gave, stop troubling yourself. Did you speak good English, where you audible enough? Of cos a masters from UK looks good on your CV .... you should be more concerned about you submitting the right documents and filling forms correctly.

But at this stage, who worry help? The deed has been done. My brother go and pray and come share testimony with us for here. Free your mind. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:02am On Oct 23, 2017
@christisam,

Are you really sure of what you posted? You entered UK with that method?��� you must be joking right.

@umarwy

Good information you posted but there are somethings I don’t just want to say, so that it does not look like I am discouraging people from studying in the UK. I will leave it at that for now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 3:17am On Oct 23, 2017
timmiey:
Oya what school are you going to?
Pardon my late response... University of the west of Scotland, London Campus .going for MBA .
are u in/moving to London ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:14am On Oct 23, 2017
OlowoB:
@christisam,

Are you really sure of what you posted? You entered UK with that method?��� you must be joking right.

@umarwy

Good information you posted [b]but there are somethings I don’t just want to say, so that it does not look like I am discouraging people from studying in the UK. [/b]I will leave it at that for now.

I think you should say those things. It will be if tremendous help to many more people if you say those things, please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2017
umarwy:
Hello all, congratulations to those that recently got their visas. i hope you are all settled in. few advice for those here or planning to come for studies.

1. Start applying for jobs immediately your are settled. i know it being said before but i cants stress the importance of this.

2. Only apply for job from companies on the tier 2 list.

3. Download and familiarise yourself with all sections on the tier 2 and tier 4 guidance for both sponsors and applicant. This would enable you to stay in confines of the law in anything you are doing.

3a. General tier 2 requirement does not apply to a tier 4 student. their is still provisions for post-study work. YES THEIR IS PROVISION FOR POST STUDY WORK IN THE TIER 2 GUIDANCE. below are a few points for your reference (paraphrasing)

Section 1.9: Employers do not need to pay the immigration skill charge for a Tier 4 student visa holder which is currently in the UK.
Section 26.4 -26.5: Exempt tier 4 student from requiring the minimum salary of £30,000 per year down to £20,800.
Section 28.9: This exempts an employer from carrying out the resident labour market test.

4. Network and meet people. this is as important as your education, the right introduction to the right person would work wonders.

good luck in your studies and God bless.

cc OlowoB, Justwise

Edited some links added.
[url]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/616206/Tier_25_guidance_05-2017.pdf
[/url]
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/606677/Tier_4_Sponsor_Guidance_-_Doc_1_-_Applying_for_a_licence.pdf

These sounds great!

I would encourage that for anyone going for studies in the UK, the person should concentrate MORE on the studies, rather than the Job side.

As for your submission that POST-STUDY provision exist, I wish you should also highlight the bottlenecks too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2017
Teegirl101:

Pardon my late response... University of the west of Scotland, London Campus .going for MBA .
are u in/moving to London ?
Alright. London metropolitan University is mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
LaaJiblik:

These sounds great!

I would encourage that for anyone going for studies in the UK, the person should concentrate MORE on the studies, rather than the Job side.

As for your submission that POST-STUDY provision exist, I wish you should also highlight the bottlenecks too.

I think I did that by mentioned the section of the tier 2, which relates the misconception for tier 4 students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
umarwy:

I think I did that by mentioned the section of the tier 2, which relates the misconception for tier 4 students

Your post made it sound like there is still provision for POST-STUDY Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
LaaJiblik:

Your post made it sound like there is still provision for POST-STUDY Visa.

Yes that is exactly what i am saying.

though it is different from the pre 2015 work visa.

find attached.

last post
sorry for derailing thread.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
LaaJiblik:

These sounds great!

Did he say you should concentrate on job? I guess, he wasn't talking of casual jobs. You probably didn't understand his advice.
You can't always be studying 24 hrs. You have other premise for watching football, film, cooking, applying for jobs that will commence Sept 2018.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.