Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1334383 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Use oanda.com to convert that because British embassy uses that website for £-naira exchange rate

Then when its time to buy the pounds, will he buy at oanda's rate, wouldn't it be at black market (abokifx's rate)?

I told him to use abokifx cos there's nothing wrong with over estimating! Everyone knows that the Naira fluctuates like a yoyo! He can check Oanda today and it might be N420 per pound, while abokifx will tell him its 490 per pound, if tomorrow, something happens, at least he will be assured that it wouldn't go higher than 490 per pound!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deolutolu(m): 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
Chiefs in the house I mean fee for tier 2 visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
deolutolu:
Chiefs in the house I mean fee for tier 2 visa application

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ezilytina(f): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
adeoyeyemi:
Hello brothers and sisters.

Please, i would be grateful if someone can kindly help me peruse a personal statement i would be submitting for an Msc Scholarship at a UK university.

Much Thanks.
Bros can you pls send me a copy of your personal statement. I want to use it as a guide in writing.I would be submitting mine this week for an MSC Scholarship at a UK University this week Below is my email address
Ezilytina2003@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ezilytina(f): 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
Pls Gurus in the house, can someone help me with a copy of a powerful personal statement, want to use it as a guideline to write mine. I would be submitting it this week for an Msc in a University in UK. Will be very grateful is my request is granted. Send it to Ezily2003 @yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ezilytina:
Pls Gurus in the house, can someone help me with a copy of a powerful personal statement, want to use it as a guideline to write mine. I would be submitting it this week for an Msc in a University in UK. Will be very grateful is my request is granted. Send it to Ezily2003 @yahoo.com

A better option would have been for you to draft YOUR personal statement and post it.
Then ask readers to critique it.
How would folks send you a sample “powerful personal statement” when no one knows jack about your personal goals? Or the course you are applying for? Or what drives you?

Start here:
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/postgraduate-study/masters-degrees/personal-statements-for-postgraduate-applications

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by owoade25(m): 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello Everyone, i do not wish to derail this thread. Certainly, leaving the country and having an international degree gives a competitive edge. However, i do notice there are lots of people like me on this thread, not born with a silver spoon, trying to succeed no matter the challenges . And since UK does not allow one to remain after studies unless you get a job offer from a reputable company.

Questions:
1. how easy is it to get a company to sponsor one after studies?
2. if there is no sponsor, what next?
3. then is it worth it for silver spoon-less people like me to gather so much money and then drop it in one country that does not want me around for so long...

your candid (and if possible brutish) comments are welcomed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
owoade25:
Hello Everyone, i do not wish to derail this thread. Certainly, leaving the country and having an international degree gives a competitive edge. However, i do notice there are lots of people like me on this thread, not born with a silver spoon, trying to succeed no matter the challenges . And since UK does not allow one to remain after studies unless you get a job offer from a reputable company.

Questions:
3. then is it worth it for silver spoon-less people like me to gather so much money and then drop it in one country that does not want me around for so long...

If your purpose is a job after school leave the UK alone. You can still risk it if you are going to Oxford or Cambridge. At least if you come back to Nigeria jobless, you can brag to your friends that you went to oxford grin

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
Go Ireland they needs you badly and give 2 years post study visa
owoade25:

Questions:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 4:19am On Mar 06, 2018
owoade25:

Questions:

You can also consider Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur route if you can come up with a credible business venture. Sponsorship is quite easy to get as it's underutilised

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by akfaa: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2018
I recently completed my MSc in the UK in November 2017. I was offered a studentship at another university in the UK for my PhD and I am hoping to start on May. My husband and son are applying as dependants so we need to have maintenance money for them as the studentship does not cover this. The maintenance money is in my UK account which I opened while I was in the UK. My questions are these
1. Can I use this UK account? The account is in my name but my tier 4 visa expired in January
2. Can I print an online statement and request a letter of authenticity from the bank, this is allowed under the UKVI policy, but is there any one who has done this and was successful?
3. Can I submit a stamped statement from the bank (which will be a scanned copy)

I am not very sure how to go about this. Pls I need your advice.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
akfaa:
I recently completed my MSc in the UK in November 2017. I was offered a studentship at another university in the UK for my PhD and I am hoping to start on May. My husband and son are applying as dependants so we need to have maintenance money for them as the studentship does not cover this. The maintenance money is in my UK account which I opened while I was in the UK. My questions are these
1. Can I use this UK account? The account is in my name but my tier 4 visa expired in January
2. Can I print an online statement and request a letter of authenticity from the bank, this is allowed under the UKVI policy, but is there any one who has done this and was successful?
3. Can I submit a stamped statement from the bank (which will be a scanned copy)

Thank you.

1.Yes you can

2. yes and get your bank to stamp it

3. sure you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
akfaa:

Thank you.

Since October 2017, UK banks no longer provide in branch nor stamped statements for visa purposes. Just print off online and submit it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
akfaa:

Thank you.

I submitted printed copies of my Barclays online statements in December. My wife and son (dependents ) are currently inside the room; they said the Beast from the East will kill them if they step out.

Go for it!
You are Good to go.

Studentship is sweet my sister.

Besides, you can ask your bank to send youu weekly account statements close to the date, to also include alongside the online printed statements .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by akfaa: 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
Thanks to everyone that answered this question I posted. I contacted my bank in the UK and they stated that they will neither stamp the bank statements nor provide a letter of authenticity. I would have collected my ad hoc statement but I am in Nigeria now. Is there any suggestion on what else to do?

akfaa:

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by akfaa: 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Pls did you apply from the UK or Nigeria?
LaaJiblik:

I submitted printed copies of my Barclays online statements in December. My wife and son (dependents ) are currently inside the room; they said the Beast from the East will kill them if they step out.

Go for it!
You are Good to go.

Studentship is sweet my sister.

Besides, you can ask your bank to send youu weekly account statements close to the date, to also include alongside the online printed statements .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by akfaa: 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Their immigration website states that online statements have to be stamped on all pages or a letter of authenticity provided. Is this not required for bank accounts domiciled in the UK?
spikesC:

Since October 2017, UK banks no longer provide in branch nor stamped statements for visa purposes. Just print off online and submit it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
These ppl shaa .. Do you know the reason why?

spikesC:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
akfaa:
Thanks to everyone that answered this question I posted. I contacted my bank in the UK and they stated that they will neither stamp the bank statements nor provide a letter of authenticity. I would have collected my ad hoc statement but I am in Nigeria now. Is there any suggestion on what else to do?

Request for your bank statement to be sent to your UK address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by owoade25(m): 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ameera2018:
This may not be the right forum, but i am new to nairaland and gurus in the house kindly advise.

1. What do you thin about doing an MBA vs doing a specialized course like logistics and supply chain management in the UK, taking into consideration of getting a job when i move back to Nigeria and international employment opportunities.

2. I have a 5 years UK visiting visa will it be cancelled when i apply for a tier 4 visa?

Thanks

First, let me say this is a personal opinion and I will attempt to answer only No 1.

Any Uk degree certificate will give a superior recruitment advantage over other applicants anywhere in the world.
Both are management courses; while MBA teaches more about leading and managing people, Logistics and SCM teaches more on operations and transportation.
while i might be tempted to go for Logistics and Supply chain Management because it sounds specialized and employers might fall for it, an MBA can also work in the same field.
For job prospect, i would go for Logistics and SCM, if I want to start my own company that is not transport related, I would opt for MBA.
However, If my plan involves scouting for job in the UK, i will first check the timetable for the academic year and see which one of the two gives room to search for job and work during the day without interruption ( please never dream of working regularly at night, it's a bad thing, avoid it if you can).

Finally, let me say this "Life and success depends on many factors: being in the right place at the right time, luck, hard-work, focus, (maybe what you studied), ...and also what do you really want?"

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TrumpsWall: 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2018
For those in the UK, I beg una sign this petition oo loll .. Of all the petition that's been raised in the past, this is the one looking promising and hopefully the authorities will look into

https://www.change.org/p/gareth-johnson-reduce-unrealistic-home-office-fees-for-immigrants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 3:15am On Mar 09, 2018
akfaa:
Their immigration website states that online statements have to be stamped on all pages or a letter of authenticity provided. Is this not required for bank accounts domiciled in the UK?

It's not required anymore. I was told by the bank that home office verifies the statement with them during the decision process
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 3:16am On Mar 09, 2018
Bourne007:
These ppl shaa .. Do you know the reason why?

IMHO, digitalisation. Most banks are closing down branches
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deolutolu(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello guys, Please when is the best time to go for UKVI tuberculosis test for tier 2 visa. How long does the result takes to come out or is it like canada that generate a document you add to your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by akfaa: 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
If you mean time of the year, that should be between October and May when there arent a lot of rush from tier 4 visa applicants looking to resume in September/October. Their office hours for testing is 7:30 till 11:30 so maybe try the earlier booking slots as you will not have to wait too long.
Your TB test certificate is given to you on the same day and you will attach it to your application.
deolutolu:
Hello guys, Please when is the best time to go for UKVI tuberculosis test for tier 2 visa. How long does the result takes to come out or is it like canada that generate a document you add to your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by smallsuper: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hello, I am new here. I need some information on Nursing Top-up programme at the University of Derby. The program Assistant has not been replying my several emails.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
smallsuper:
Hello, I am new here. I need some information on Nursing Top-up programme at the University of Derby. The program Assistant has not been replying my several emails.

https://www.derby.ac.uk/online/course/nursing-studies-bsc-hons-top-up-degree-online-course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by valchino: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
Good day everyone,is been nice having a platform like nairaland which has aided so many people..I am greatful to GOD for you guys..

Please I just got admission into Northumbria university United kingdom, for a tier 4 study programme in Electrical/Electronics Engineering...
Anybody going my way or intend going my way...
Let's share ideas

And my admission was not with ielts oooo
God is gracious
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2018
valchino:
Good day everyone,is been nice having a platform like nairaland which has aided so many people..I am greatful to GOD for you guys..

Please I just got admission into Northumbria university United kingdom, for a tier 4 study programme in Electrical/Electronics Engineering...
Anybody going my way or intend going my way...
Let's share ideas

And my admission was not with ielts oooo
God is gracious

Provided you have a C or better in your WAEC you don't need IELTS for a UK University.

Also, even with a third class, i'm sure some schools in the UK will admit anyone. There's nothing hard or special about getting the admission to a UK uni, as far as you don't need a scholarship and its not to a top 10 university... but yes, God is gracious!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by valchino: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
OK sire...
Thank you, I still maintain is Grace, cause I was rejected with even higher criteria in a lsbu and other lower ranking universities compared to northrumbia...

That aside...

Please my question now is, do I need the ielts to apply for visa, since i was admitted without one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
valchino:
OK sire...
Thank you, I still maintain is Grace, cause I was rejected with even higher criteria in a lsbu and other lower ranking universities compared to northrumbia...

That aside...

Please my question now is, do I need the ielts to apply for visa, since i was admitted without one?

Seem like you dread the thought of IELTS.

Okay, you may rest now. Your Uni will declare on your CAS that you already meet the English Language requirements.
So don’t sorry. You don’t need IELTS.

Meanwhile, why are you so scared of IELTS? Which is about the Simplest test anyone could write? Especially someone who already holds your kind of qualifications?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.