Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338267 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Yes you right but doesn't have to be online. Though IHS has to be paid online, visa fees can also be paid in person at the centre.

MrsF:

Date of application is the date of the online application right? That is the day yu pay yur visa fees and ihs fees not the day yu submit yur documents?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2016
Bourne007:
Yes you right but doesn't have to be online. Though IHS has to be paid online, visa fees can also be paid in person at the centre.

Thanks just calculated the differenc btw todays rate when converted and my account balance its N2182.38. If they make an issue out of 2k then there are sick in the head becos the rate is nolonger stable so what u have to pay today is not the same as what you will pay tomorrow so if theres a balance of school feed to pay the applicant would definitely need to add more since the exchange rate is all over the place.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2016
Sorry the difference is N182 .23 after calculating
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2016
yomiselmer:

i plan on going before september 9th, by God's grace. when did you initiate your form A with diamond bank, and how long did it take?

i am being tempted to start using debit cards that why?

is patner on nairaland or you mean your partner as in girlfriend, fiancee or wife?

and we can go together why not?

but me I will most likely go with the cheapest flight i can find o (no money)
lol.. patner as in spouse.legal patner. who will wanna go with expensive flight this injury time... diamond took a week... from monday last week to this monday.. i think fbn does transfer as i was told by a staff there so u might wanna check
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:58am On Jul 29, 2016
I know it sounds crazy but they really adhere to the rules. I know someone who forgot about his Direct Debit, bank deducted money from his account and was just few pence short and he basically had issues. I really hope it will come down and once you notice, you can atleast pay online and book an appointment within 31 days.

I will advise not to take that risk even though it's just N182.23 difference.

MrsF:
Sorry the difference is N182 .23 after calculating

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 11:59am On Jul 29, 2016
MrsF:

Thanks just calculated the differenc btw todays rate when converted and my account balance its N2182.38. If they make an issue out of 2k then there are sick in the head becos the rate is nolonger stable so what u have to pay today is not the same as what you will pay tomorrow so if theres a balance of school feed to pay the applicant would definitely need to add more since the exchange rate is all over the place.

I think tha way the point base system works, you are giving 10 point if you have full maintenance and nothing if you don't have sufficient money.

The best way to handle it is if you have another account in your name(even if it was a dormant one) you should use both statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

You know to be honest, i have never thought of this before sha, well i am not too sure but when i used mine sometimes back, i used selling rate grin. I never even bothered to notice the difference back then. I just used what i saw on the site. Never bothered looking below to see other rates grin

Looking back now, i think i should have used the buying rate (i could be wrong though).

I would like to hear what others used when they did their own tier 4 Visa too years back

cc: SpikesC Bourne007
I still don't get this selling and buying thing you guys are talking about, can you please explain clearly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
Bourne007:
I know it sounds crazy but they really adhere to the rules. I know someone who forgot about his Direct Debit, bank deducted money from his account and was just few pence short and he basically had issues. I really hope it will come down and once you notice, you can atleast pay online and book an appointment within 31 days.

I will advise not to take that risk even though it's just N182.23 difference.
I am applying for a child student visa fr my son so the way it works is that it is his carers in the UK his uncle and aunt that hv to have the maintenance funds in their acct also fr 28 days they are not affect by the rates as their acct is in pounds what i have to have is the equivalent of the school fees in naira for 28 days even aftr making full payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
elope:

lol.. patner as in spouse.legal patner. who will wanna go with expensive flight this injury time... diamond took a week... from monday last week to this monday.. i think fbn does transfer as i was told by a staff there so u might wanna check

sorry elope, please, can you tell me the exact branch you initiated thre transaction, so i go there started mine with stanbic last week monday, and nothing tangible yet

are you advicing dbn or fbn?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
yomiselmer:

sorry elope, please, can you tell me the exact branch you initiated thre transaction, so i go there started mine with stanbic last week monday, and nothing tangible yet

are you advicing dbn or fbn?
DBN for form A at ajose in VI. transfer as i was told by an FBN staff at Allen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
elope:

I just called Diamond bank, and they told me it should not take more than 24 to 72 hours. tuesday will make it 2 weeks since I started with stanbic. at this point, I am confused, because stanbic also told me the same thing that it would be ready in 24 to 48 hours when I started with them.

should I stick with stanbic and be patient or go to diamond bank is the question here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
elope:

DBN for form A at ajose in VI. transfer as i was told by an FBN staff at Allen

The problem is that I am in Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
yomiselmer:

I just called Diamond bank, and they told me it should not take more than 24 to 72 hours. tuesday will make it 2 weeks since I started with stanbic. at this point, I am confused, because stanbic also told me the same thing that it would be ready in 24 to 48 hours when I started with them.

should I stick with stanbic and be patient or go to diamond bank is the question here?
no harm in trying dbn.. its totally up to u on what you want to do. personally, I'm not a very patient person but if the bankers told u that amd they are certaon, while not give it a trial
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

I still don't get this selling and buying thing you guys are talking about, can you please explain clearly.

No need to bother about it, just use the rate you see on Oanda for the particular day. You will be good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
Bourne007:
Hmmm, didn't realise that's been paid in full. Not sure what to suggest really as the rate can't be predicted. Unless you want to see how things go in the next few days. Are you using the Uni's accommodation?

Hello Bourne007, I think MrsF can go ahead and print since it has gotten to the 28th hoping that sometime next week, the rate will reduce. Then once it does, she can then pay. Meaning her payment is dependent on the day d rate reduces. That means she should be monitoring cos I believe the home office calculate based on the rate on the date of application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

I think tha way the point base system works, you are giving 10 point if you have full maintenance and nothing if you don't have sufficient money.

The best way to handle it is if you have another account in your name(even if it was a dormant one) you should use both statement

Wrong sir, home office will only use one account of the person.

In a case where you submit 2 account statements, they will use only the account with the highest money in it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

No need to bother about it, just use the rate you see on Oanda for the particular day. You will be good to go.
You mean for the maintenance fee or Visa payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

I think the issue here is the current rate and not really having another account. Even if the person deposits the maintenance in another account,if the rate doesn't favour it then it certainly won't be complete.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
MrsF:
My 28days is complete now and the pound has risen up to 410 which makes me about N3000 short do i go ahead and apply today or whats the next step becos theres no guarantee it will drop or add money and strt counting all over again?? Suggestions pls
Do i also hv to print my statement before making the online application or after or it doesnt matter either way
Thanks

I am just thinking outside the box......

why don't you suggest to your school to pay extra money and they include it on your CAS as you having extra money and then you apply online .....

I don't know if that is possible but just thinking out loud.....

actually, have you been given CAS? did your school not check your statement and what did they say?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

You mean for the maintenance fee or Visa payment

Maintenance fees is Oanda rate and IHS fees and visa fees will be paid online according to what your bank charges......

IHS is £150 per year and I think visa fees is £320 (please confirm)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

I am just thinking outside the box......

why don't you suggest to your school to pay extra money and they include it on your CAS as you having extra money and then you apply online .....

I don't know if that is possible but just thinking out loud.....

actually, have you been given CAS? did your school not check your statement and what did
they say?
Its for my sons child student visa they dont require your statement also i have been given my CAS reference number alrdy. Plus the more money i pay the worse the situation is all i need is the rate to drop to abt N1.50 then the money in my acct is sufficient
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
Guys, paying through a relative will take school how many days to send CAS, and is it possible paying and also going for interview in a week or two weeks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

Maintenance fees is Oanda rate and IHS fees and visa fees will be paid online according to what your bank charges......

IHS is £150 per year and I think visa fees is £320 (please confirm)
Thanks
Am I to pay Visa plus IHS fees together, kindly list payments to be made under Visa.
To get the Visa done, what are the payments to pay.

Thanks as you help list them out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
IHS - 1 year + 4 months = £150 + £75 a total of £225
Visa fees - £328

If using Ikeja, i You will pay additional £52 while VI and Abuja doesn't

Whatamidoinghere:

Thanks
Am I to pay Visa plus IHS fees together, kindly list payments to be made under Visa.
To get the Visa done, what are the payments to pay.

Thanks as you help list them out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
Bourne007:
IHS - 1 year + 4 months = £150 + £75 a total of £225
Visa fees - £328

If using Ikeja, i You will pay additional £52 while VI and Abuja doesn't

What's the 4months all about, and the £52 is for what?
What about the TB Test they've been talking about, is that one excluded for an undergrad?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

Wrong sir, home office will only use one account of the person.

In a case where you submit 2 account statements, they will use only the account with the highest money in it.

No ukvi accept multiple accounts. They take the sum
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
fizzile:
I think the issue here is the current rate and not really having another account. Even if the person deposits the maintenance in another account,if the rate doesn't favour it then it certainly won't be complete.

Mrsf said the difference is just 182 naira. That's why I suggested such. It won't work If the difference is much.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
MrsF:

Its for my sons child student visa they dont require your statement also i have been given my CAS reference number alrdy. Plus the more money i pay the worse the situation is all i need is the rate to drop to abt N1.50 then the money in my acct is sufficient

Oh ok, I get it now. Hopefully CBN does something about it next week and it will drop.

All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

No ukvi accept multiple accounts. They take the sum

Just hearing about this now. Multiple accounts accepted for tier 4 visa? can you quote your source? Page number or heading under the tier 4 visa where this was stated?

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

Mrsf said the difference is just 182 naira. That's why I suggested such. It won't work If the difference is much.
Thanks

Then what is the maximum amount for which multiple account is accepted? I am just hearing about this now. I still doubt it though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
If they are going to issue you a visa, it will be your 1 year + additional 4 months. If you no want the additional 4 months, tell ECO to forget the 4 months say the one year don do you grin grin

Tb test is N26500 last time I checked and I have no idea why Ikeja charges extra £52

TB is not excluded to anyone esp if you are spending more than 6 months. Are you undergrad? otherwise you might need to pay more for IHS

Whatamidoinghere:

What's the 4months all about, and the £52 is for what?
What about the TB Test they've been talking about, is that one excluded for an undergrad?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

Just hearing about this now. Multiple accounts accepted for tier 4 visa? can you quote your source? Page number or heading under the tier 4 visa where this was stated?

Cheers.
yh they do. that was what i used for application for my visa and was given. they look at the summary

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.