Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336873 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

Then what is the maximum amount for which multiple account is accepted? I am just hearing about this now. I still doubt it though.

I dont know about the Max accounts that can be used. But you are required to show prove of funds in your account or that of a legal guardian.
i guess as long as you can show prove of funds is what they are after

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
elope:

yh they do. that was what i used for application for my visa and was given. they look at the summary

Ok fine, I am willing to learn more. So how did you submit multiple accounts for tier 4 visa? And which summary will they look at?

You are permitted to submit even 5 statements but the site says that they would only use the account that has the highest money in it.

You submitted multiple statements did not mean they used both. They most likely used just one.

And I am talking of the person him/herself applying for Tier4 visa. Multiple accounts can be submitted but only one will be considered. It is written on their site.

When I did my own tier 4 visa also, I submitted 2 account statements but I am very sure they only used one. They never added anything together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

I dont know about the Max accounts that can be used. But you are required to show prove of funds in your account or that of a legal guardian.
i guess as long as you can show prove of funds is what they are after

Well I think you were responding to MsF owns situation which is different. She is applying for her kid (she just clarified up there)

Thought you were talking about the person applying for him/herself. Now I understand you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

Ok fine, I am willing to learn more. So how did you submit multiple accounts for tier 4 visa? And which summary will they look at?

You are permitted to submit even 5 statements but the site says that they would only use the account that has the highest money in it.

You submitted multiple statements did not mean they used both. They most likely used just one.

And I am talking of the person him/herself applying for Tier4 visa. Multiple accounts can be submitted but only one will be considered. It is written on their site.

When I did my own tier 4 visa also, I submitted 2 account statements but I am very sure they only used one. They never added anything together.

OwoloB can you send the link to the site you are referring to. because in the tier 4 policy guidance document there is no mention to number of accounts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

OwoloB can you send the link to the site you are referring to. because in the tier 4 policy guidance document there is no mention to number of accounts

I never said there is a limit on the number of accounts. I only said the VO will only use the account with the highest amount even if the person were to submit 20 statements of account.

Ok let me understand you well, maybe I am the one wrong then. Correct me if I am wrong.

Under the home office rules, they will only use one account.... Either your parents, legal guardian or your own personal account.

The last time I did my visa (except they have changed the rules which I doubt) I do not know of any joining of account together (i stand to be corrected on this). If that is the case, people complaining of fluctuating rates can easily join accounts then...NO?

The site is www.gov.com. I am on my phone now, when I get home on my laptop, I wil give you the exact page number.

Modified

@umarwy you were right, 2 accounts can be used but what happens to the fluctuating rates? Can they then use the other account as top up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

issorait. then one can pay the whole money in one account then
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muami(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
For the records, the Tier 4 Policy Guidance allows the use of as many accounts as possible as long as they are in the name of the applicant or the applicant's parent in appropriate cases.

"195. Where evidence from two or more accounts is submitted, we will assess the funds available to you as being:
• the closing balance of one account, plus
• any additional money available to you on the date of that closing balance, for which you have provided the required evidence."

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
muami:
For the records, the Tier 4 Policy Guidance allows the use of as many accounts as possible as long as they are in the name of the applicant or the applicant's parent in appropriate cases.

"195. Where evidence from two or more accounts is submitted, we will assess the funds available to you as being:
• the closing balance of one account, plus
• any additional money available to you on the date of that closing balance, for which you have provided the required evidence."

Very coreect, I just saw it now also on the site but the point is that the additional account, will the money not be held in the account for 28days?

Can students who the fluctuating rate is affecting now just use another account in their name that is not up to 28 days and use it as top up for ge account that has been fixed already?

That exactly is my question. I don't know it all and I am willing to learn.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
yomiselmer:

You can actually use 2 accounts, but they 2 accounts must have fufilled the 28 days rules, and they will use the amount on the closing date of one account and add it to the balance of the 2nd account on that same day.

[img] [/img]

Someone already showed me above about the 2 accounts.

The 2 accounts dissent solve the fluctuating rate issue then. It is well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
yomiselmer:

You can actually use 2 accounts, but they 2 accounts must have fufilled the 28 days rules, and they will use the amount on the closing date of one account and add it to the balance of the 2nd account on that same day.

[img] [/img]

Someone already showed me above about the 2 accounts.

The 2 accounts does not solve the fluctuating rate issue then. It is well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

I never said there is a limit on the number of accounts. I only said the VO will only use the account with the highest amount even if the person were to submit 20 statements of account.

Ok let me understand you well, maybe I am the one wrong then. Correct me if I am wrong.

Under the home office rules, they will only use one account.... Either your parents, legal guardian or your own personal account.

The last time I did my visa (except they have changed the rules which I doubt) I do not know of any joining of account together (i stand to be corrected on this). If that is the case, people complaining of fluctuating rates can easily join accounts then...NO?

The site is www.gov.com. I am on my phone now, when I get home on my laptop, I wil give you the exact page number.

Modified

@umarwy you were right, 2 accounts can be used but what happens to the fluctuating rates? Can they then use the other account as top up?

I see your question has been answered. I only suggested multiple accounts to mrsf because she only needed 182 naira as top up. And I assumed she has another account that has fuffield the 28 days with 182 naira . I hope it helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

I see your question has been answered. I only suggested multiple accounts to mrsf because she only needed 182 naira as top up. And I assumed she has another account that has fuffield the 28 days with 182 naira . I hope it helps

Oh ok then I get it. Was thinking there was a rule were it was possible for students to now use an extra account to balance up if there is a shortage of funds in the previous account fizzed for 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks guys i dont have an account that has been untouched for 28 days so im gonna say a little prayer and see what happens next week. I know this ppl can be very funny cant believe its 45pence difference that is causing all dis headache.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
MrsF:
Thanks guys i dont have an account that has been untouched for 28 days so im gonna say a little prayer and see what happens next week. I know this ppl can be very funny cant believe its 45pence difference that is causing all dis headache.

It doesn't need to be untouched as long as it does not go below the required amount (185naira)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
umarwy:

It doesn't need to be untouched as long as it does not go below the required amount (185naira)

You mean the 2nd account doesnt have to fulfill the 28 day rule it can be an account that has transactions going in and out?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
MrsF:

You mean the 2nd account doesnt have to fulfill the 28 day rule it can be an account that has transactions going in and out?

The 28 day rule applies.

but the rule does not prevent you from using the accounts for transactions. the rule says the amount in the account shouldnt go bellow the required funds

so as long as you have an account that has not gone below 185 naira in the last 28 days.
all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmmm so y did i think all this time that i needed to hv the money untouched for 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
For those wanting to chck the guidance/ rules on using 2 accts its page 48 number 195
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Two accounts

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

I guess you did not understand the question raised earlier by fizzle (that was why i mentioned you). Not to bother, i think bourne007 has already clarified.

cheers.

I do and my answer actually should make it easier for him to decide which rate to use.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlowoB:

Just hearing about this now. Multiple accounts accepted for tier 4 visa? can you quote your source? Page number or heading under the tier 4 visa where this was stated?

Cheers.

You can use multiple account statements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
Bourne007:
If they are going to issue you a visa, it will be your 1 year + additional 4 months. If you no want the additional 4 months, tell ECO to forget the 4 months say the one year don do you grin grin

Tb test is N26500 last time I checked and I have no idea why Ikeja charges extra £52

TB is not excluded to anyone esp if you are spending more than 6 months. Are you undergrad? otherwise you might need to pay more for IHS

Yeah, undergrad 5yrs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:27am On Jul 30, 2016
@Justwise and @olowob pls justwise said i shud print both the day i deposit my tuition and maintainance money in acc for 28 and the day i am going to print my balance i shud print the oanda exchange rate. Pls what if the rate has fluctuated by d end of 28days? And @justwise pls explain more why u said i shud print the last day oanda rate too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:30am On Jul 30, 2016
One more thing should the arrangement of how am going to input naira to pounds be like dis? Cos its naira i have @Justwise

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2016
I just thought of something for those that are yet to aplly for visa because of the fluctuations in fx.

I think it would be best to buy dollars/pounds from BDC and deposit in a dorm account instead of topping your account in naira. Then you can start counting 28 days again.

It's not necessary to convert the full amount. One just need to have about 1000-2000 USD or GBP to

Because the fluctuation has affected even those that deposited 400-410 per pound and the projection for tomorrow is 426

I think topping account in fx should make the account more stable to fluctuation

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:14am On Jul 30, 2016
MrsDaniels:
@Justwise and @olowob pls justwise said i shud print both the day i deposit my tuition and maintainance money in acc for 28 and the day i am going to print my balance i shud print the oanda exchange rate. Pls what if the rate has fluctuated by d end of 28days? And @justwise pls explain more why u said i shud print the last day oanda rate too.

I don't understand your question well but what the rule states is that the rate the VO will use is the rate of the day you apply for Visa (I.e the rate on the day you make payment for your Visa and IHS fees online)

You can either print out the Oanda exchange rates of the day used and attach it to your application or write it boldly on yiur application form the rates as at the day you made payment for your application and take them along with your other documents to the embassy.

Also, considering the fact that the exchange rate is fluctuating, no one knows what will happen if the rate goes higher on the day and you still decide to print and submit that way. What is happening now, is a completely different scenario that has never happened before.

I should think that the VO's would be lenient with the rates or else, they should expect fewer students in Uk this year and lots of refusals.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2016
MrsDaniels:
One more thing should the arrangement of how am going to input naira to pounds be like dis? Cos its naira i have @Justwise

Yes, type the amount you want and check it with the rate in pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2016
umarwy:
I just thought of something for those that are yet to aplly for visa because of the fluctuations in fx.

I think it would be best to buy dollars/pounds from BDC and deposit in a dorm account instead of topping your account in naira. Then you can start counting 28 days again.

It's not necessary to convert the full amount. One just need to have about 1000-2000 USD or GBP to

Because the fluctuation has affected even those that deposited 400-410 per pound and the projection for tomorrow is 426

I think topping account in fx should make the account more stable to fluctuation

Cheers

Good suggestion.

Also thought of 2 methods now.....

Method 1

for students who have not completed their fees and has not yet been issued CAS number yet, I will suggest you just pay extra money into the schools account instead of start counting another 28 days, that should work.

Method 2

or if you have finished paying, ask your school if it is possible to pay extra money into the school account and they will write it On the CAS that you have extra money with them. I think the home office allows for extra £1,400 or something pounds as either accommodation or maintenance fees that can be added as payment into the school. This amount will then be deducted from the maintenance funds you are supposed to put in your account when the VO is calculating what you needed to have fixed in your account.

Please note, I don't know if method 2 is possible is possible ( I have never used it before) but confirm from your school.

All the best guys.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:45am On Jul 30, 2016
MrsDaniels:

We have argued this far too many times here before but surprisingly people still ask the same question.

Since I started contributing here..getting to 7 years now I haven't seen a single person who was refused because of exchange rate fluctuations.

You can't control the market and you can't keep topping up and restarting counting the 28days. The important thing here is to pay the required amount from day one and start counting then print the oanda rate of the day you deposited the amount and the printed the bank statement for submission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2016
justwise:

We have argued this far too many times here before but surprisingly people still ask the same question.

Since I started contributing here..getting to 7 years now I haven't seen a single person who was refused because of exchange rate fluctuations.

You can't control the market and you can't keep topping up and restarting counting the 28days. The important thing here is to pay the required amount from day one and start counting then print the oanda rate of the day you deposited the amount and the printed the bank statement for submission.

Well there you have it. All students, I think if I were in your shoes, I would go with the post above based on the experience he has had.

No point start recounting anything and also UK likes money they cannot afford to loose all the students coming in.

All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
So @olowoB u mean one cant use the printout of the oanda rate page for the first day money is deposited just as justwise told me to do? Pls @justwise dont be angry am just scared cos of the crazy way the rate is fluctuating. But now am relieved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.