Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - (711 Views)

Remi Sonaiya & Her Nephew Mock Buhari(pic) / Honourable Moji Lawal Gets Married (photos) / Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by efilefun(m): 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lagos – Prof. Oluremi Sonaiya, the 2015 presidential candidate of the KOWA Party, has described the public declaration of assets by President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Yomi Osinbajo as honourable.

Sonaiya said in an interview in Lagos that the President had kept to his earlier promise to publicly declare his assets.
“President Buhari promised he would publicly declare his assets, so it is good he has done it.
“Now that he has set the example, all those who work with him will have to follow suit,” she said.
The Coordinator, Credible Alternative Alliance, Dr Damian Ogbonna, also commended the President for the gesture.
“Good first step, we now await vetting.

“Let us hope that he will require his appointees as well as other elected officials to follow suit,” Ogbonna said.
The President of the Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Mallam Yerima Shettima, also spoke in the same vein.
“Indeed it is a good development and we expect other political office holders to queue in and use their discretion to do it right.
“By so doing, we will be able to access them throughout their tenure’’, Shettima said.

However, the Lagos State Chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Mr Nkem Lemchi, said he was not impressed by the gesture.
“What has happened is an effort in deceit in order to calm down the growing apprehension on the Presidents integrity.
“How come a press aid of the president rather than the bureau of code of conduct declare an incomplete unverified assets and want Nigerians to take him serious.

“We are not fools and there is no need for this escape tendencies from the needful by the government’’, Lemchi said.
The Presidency had on Thursday declared that President Muhammadu Buhari had about N30 million in his bank account before taking office on May 29, while Mr Yemi Osinbajo had N94 million and $900,000.
Details from the asset declaration forms filed by the two leaders at the Code of Conduct Bureau revealed that the president owns five houses in Kaduna, Daura, Kano and Abuja.

He also has two undeveloped plots of land, one in Kano and the other in Port Harcourt, including farms, an orchard, ranch, livestock including 270 cattle, 25 sheep, five horses, a variety of birds and a number of economic trees.
The statement said he has an unstated “number of cars”.

Osinbajo owns 4-bedroom residence at Victoria Garden City, Lagos and a 3-bedroom flat at 2 Mosley Road, Ikoyi.
He also has a 2-bedroom flat at the popular Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and a 2-bedroom mortgaged property in Bedford, England.
Apart from his law firm, known as SimmonsCooper, the vice president owns hares in Octogenerium Ltd., Windsor Grant Ltd., Tarapolsa, Vistorion Ltd., Aviva Ltd. and MTN Nigeria.(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/buharis-declaration-of-assets-honourable-says-sonaiya-others/#sthash.wHHF7GTZ.dpuf
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by efilefun(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
cc Afam4eva, OAM4J lalasticlala
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by KingOfFTC(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Very Honourable..... It is a welcome Idea!!!!

Sai Baba #Vision2020
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by efilefun(m): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
You can never ever be FTC on my thread laiye!!! lol
KingOfFTC:
k
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
This old man should go and write more "stories", he's a political illiterate, one begins to wonder how and who gave him a nobel price.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by KingOfFTC(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
efilefun:
You can never ever be FTC on my thread laiye!!! lol

YEa!!! Cheating runs deep In Your bllood Thats why!!!!
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by agarawu23(m): 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
This old man should go and write more "stories", he's a political illiterate, one begins to wonder how and who gave him a nobel price.
but he get sense pass u grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by Mogidi: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
Great
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by efilefun(m): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Out of hatred you just spewed thrash, you just showed the world you the illiterate, cuz its only illiterates thats gonna do what t you just did. "Prof. Oluremi Sonaiya, the 2015 presidential candidate of the KOWA Party" so how does she look like Soyinka?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by Benedict44(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
ok....i wish to tank all those that came for my birthday party....Hit LIKE for me if you are just hearing it because is not easy to survive in this jungle called nigeria..
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by shaddoww: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please wen will our legislooters declare their asset oooo, cos I want to know d number of plots of land Akpabio has in d whole 36 States dat he is still looking for
Re: Buhari’s Declaration Of Assets Honourable, Says Sonaiya, Others - by Caseless: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
Don't let the cretinous wailers hear you.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Man Accused Of Raping And Murdering A 15yr Old Boy Stoned And Burnt By M / Sorry, I changed my mind and deleted this. Emotional! If you must read, continue / Mama H.I.D Awolowo Ti Lo Sun Ninu Oluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.