Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (44142 Views)

"Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by ExInferis(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
ojun50:
That the kind of ladies am looking for.
Interest lady should PM me

Why would any woman who's richer and smarter be interested in you?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by toksbisola: 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
@Op; it takes a strong man to marry a woman richer and more educated then him.

On the other hand, it takes a humble and virtuous woman with good character to not lord it over her man if she is richer and more educated than him.

Some women have this instinct in them to belittle a man who is not at par with them be it with education/riches. A woman would need to train her instincts to remember that even though she is richer and more educated than her man; he’s still the head of the home and should be respected as such accordingly.

Men are advised to watch their lady closely in the area of her trying to correct your every wrong due to her being more educated and richer. If that occurs, then that man should know that problems would arise if that misconception is not addressed immediately.

Just as unemployed women marry employed men; why can’t the same be for an unemployed man marrying an employed lady? It’s not as if the man would remain unemployed in the long-run through the marriage. With her help and encouragement, he can get a job/business later on.

Loyalty to ones mate comes from within and not related to whether the person is educated, rich or unemployed as the case me be.

In all, marriage should be to a partner who you can have/build a happy home with; irrespective of whether they are richer, more educated or unemployed.

I rest my case

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by igbinigiejeff(m): 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
CandyBar:

In the long run.................If you stay uneducated, not hardworking....and stay jobless.

She'll get tired of "submitting" to you.....and disloyalty sets in.

What makes a man a man is not found inbetween his thighs.
You'd said it all !

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Williamsobodo(m): 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
Midehi:
its only true love that can answer that
"true love" is that someone's name or what ? are we watching Bollywood again or is it Telemundo
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by islandmoon: 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
as long as I remain on top! every night, i will Bleep her brain off down to my level..
she must succumb or else she will not enjoy my joystick cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by flokii: 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
@OP Why not?.. at least m educated.

BTW the worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry an illiterate... so better av that at the back of ur mind
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by hensben(m): 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2015
bamidele029:

All human beings are essentially the same either male or female. Man also use their position or wealth to intimidate their wives at times so it won't be because she's a woman but because she's human.
feminist don come.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by bummyla(m): 12:03am On Sep 06, 2015
Of course but all lot depends on her character and respect for me The HEAD of the Family! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 06, 2015
ojun50:
That the kind of ladies am looking for. Interest lady should PM me
Me too.#teamambitousandhardworking ladies
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by lacicrips(m): 12:04am On Sep 06, 2015
kstadaura:
Can you marry a lady that is more educated,richer than you?. or she is working and you are unemployed?

Is she going to be loyal in the long run?

What's your definition of education?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2015
No, I absolutely cannot marry a lady that is either more educated or more wealthier than I am.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Shymm3x: 12:08am On Sep 06, 2015
More educated than me? - it will hard to find such a woman based on my projection educationally, by the time I'm mentally ready for marriage. That's if I ever wanna get married. Heck, right now, I'm far more educated than the overwhelming majority of chics around my age. And I would likely marry someone about 3-7 younger than me. So, this one is basically up in the air.

Richer than me? - I don't mind and I honestly don't care about how much anyone has got. Riches come and go, and I'm self-made - got my own shiit. So this shouldn't be a problem. And it's more or less a blessing in disguise, since she won't be a pest trying to suck my money. I'd take her everyday of the week. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 06, 2015
flokii:
@OP Why not?.. at least m educated.

BTW the worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry an illiterate... so better av that at the back of ur mind
#lobatan.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by stanvesco(m): 12:08am On Sep 06, 2015
kstadaura:
Can you marry a lady that is more educated,richer than you?. or she is working and you are unemployed?

the problem is not marrying a lady richer or more educated...
The main problem wud be staying poorer n less educated.....e.g
If a serious minded entrepreneur like me catch a more educated and richer lady.....
Allah na Godwiiin o

no more appying 4 youwin,diamond bank,gtb bank,or Boi grants or loans....

Shebi,shes my wife...
See free grant o...
Sharply i wil colect loan of 20milion naira,
establish an ultra modern poultry farm,
extra 10milion ,
establish an ultra modern diagnostc centre,
den,
we sit bak n make babies,
no worying to pay bak,no busy body grant monitors 2 folo u,

in a decade i wil return d loan,
even if shes stil richer n more educated,i don try....

D truth is dat,na pipu mouth go dey wory d man,
but 4 me,
my wife can be richer or more educated,
i wont be intimated

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 06, 2015
viktor01:
what....! NEVER.....my mum specifically warned me against such.
Whether you believe it or not, women are naturally domineering, it's innate in everyone of them and money is the fertilizer on which it grows.
ever wonder why your female superiors who always want to exhibit authority over the male? it runs in their DNA.
Take a good look @ the new nnpc boss and his wife career....you don't want something like that?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 06, 2015
stanvesco:

the problem is not marrying a lady richer or more educated...
The main problem wud be staying poorer n less educated.....e.g
If a serious minded entrepreneur like me catch a more educated and richer lady.....
Allah na Godwiiin o

no more appying 4 youwin,diamond bank,gtb bank,or Boi grants or loans....

Shebi,shes my wife...
See free grant o...
Sharply i wil colect loan of 20milion naira,
establish an ultra modern poultry farm,
extra 10milion ,
establish an ultra modern diagnostc centre,
den,
we sit bak n make babies,
no worying to pay bak,no busy body grant monitors 2 folo u,

in a decade i wil return d loan,
even if shes stil richer n more educated,i don try....

D truth is dat,na pipu mouth go dey wory d man,
but 4 me,
my wife can be richer or more educated,
i wont be intimated
Yes oh,I can see many man are intimidated by a womans position but for me it would rather be a stepping stone and ladder for me to get to the top

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by EwejeOyewole(m): 12:22am On Sep 06, 2015
Use Dangote daughter to try me and you will know the answer
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 06, 2015
Willswise:
If I start, I might end up writing epistle but I have one or two things to say.
Yes I will and I can marry a girl far richer and more educated than i am because,
if she's financially Alright I must be industrially industrious.
If she's more educated I must be more smarter, innovative, must be able to forecast into the future. my wealth of experience will make me more wealthier than she is as the husband thereby command me the desired respect. Above all, the money collected from her will be judiciously put into productive use and at the end makes me the MAN..........

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by hismercy01(m): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2015
Der s ntin bad in it if der s love dre
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by daniel56(m): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2015
What unemployment can cause u never can tell and individual differency, not every body reason the same.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by stanvesco(m): 12:33am On Sep 06, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Yes oh,I can see many man are intimidated by a womans position but for me it would rather be a stepping stone and ladder for me to get to the top

i tell u my broda,
how else can God bles a man by giving him an assest rada dan a liability...
Imagine i see a gal dat kan gv me a soft loan of 10million....
I go dey talk can i or can i not.....
Disrespect is staying in 1rum n paying d bills rada dan staying in a duplex owned by a lovin wife

foolishnes is prefering to ride okada,dan having a range rover ownd by my butiful wife

madnes is prefering 2 boro 300k 4 wedding ceremony rada dan aving a posh celebratn sponsored by a rich wife

stupidity is prefering to be insulted by a poor wife in d midu of a publik compound,

dan bin insultd by a rich wife in ur own compound.

Who says a poorer n les educated wife wont tie wrapa n insult d hel outa her husband

abeg o,

God,
abeg i know am going to be extremely wealthy in life,
but if d breaktru wud be frm a rich wife,abeg brng her

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Just make sure you pound her silly continuously ,she'll forget her title. cheesy

Bad guy
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
wink You know the drill nau.
Drill ke....you don come again Na oil well?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 06, 2015
stanvesco:

i tell u my broda,
how else can God bles a man by giving him an assest rada dan a liability...
Imagine i see a gal dat kan gv me a soft loan of 10million....
I go dey talk can i or can i not.....
Disrespect is staying in 1rum n paying d bills rada dan staying in a duplex owned by a lovin wife

foolishnes is prefering to ride okada,dan having a range rover ownd by my butiful wife

madnes is prefering 2 boro 300k 4 wedding ceremony rada dan aving a posh celebratn sponsored by a rich wife

stupidity is prefering to be insulted by a poor wife in d midu of a publik compound,

dan bin insultd by a rich wife in ur own compound.

Who says a poorer n les educated wife wont tie wrapa n insult d hel outa her husband

abeg o,

God,
abeg i know am going to be extremely wealthy in life,
but if d breaktru wud be frm a rich wife,abeg brng her
I have heard stories of men here in PH who made it in life via their wife/wives parents one of them got a big contract with shell jet the world around anyhow he his from Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by SmartMugu: 1:17am On Sep 06, 2015
oreos:

How can a woman with PhD go out with a guy like you? No wonder she won't stop taking about her PhD.

‘She has seen you finished'
Anyways on some real talk, I'm not illiterate myself so a PhD is just extra to me at this point. I'm not a professor and don't have any need for it. I had HND in Nigeria, a BSc here in the US and two Masters here in the US as well. Does that still make me less than someone with a PhD?
As far as I know, i could have spent the same length of time to get a PhD while working on the second Masters.
At the end of the day, it's who actually makes more money that matters, so education only counts to some point for me. I've read enough and I'm done.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Ugosample(m): 1:23am On Sep 06, 2015
SonOfEl:
yes I can, both don't expect her not to use it against you at some point, because that's a woman for you. mind you what makes you a man is much deeper than more money and a bigger career. you wise judgements in crucial issues makes her trust you and obey you, because she will respect your views. two, if you are a romantic lover and fantastic in BEDmatics, she will call you lord, trust me.... three, once you are not the nosy and possessive type, it makes her free and herself with you..... there are many more deep things that tames any amazon queen or lioness as so called.
Oga, chop knuckle....... You smart, You sabi
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by queenfav(f): 1:27am On Sep 06, 2015
The average nigerian man has a complex problem..I am not surprised by the comments here.Like the the former petroleum minister and other women in power didn't have husbands abi?Learn to live with a woman's success.If she doesn't strive to be anything useful to the society,u guys wil still complain that she is lazy and unmotivated.Na wa!

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by morethanadoll(f): 1:31am On Sep 06, 2015
Personally, I wouldn't marry a man who is unemployed. However, if he was already my husband and lost his job, I would stand by and support him in his time of need. I don't think that a man should be intimidated by a woman who is educated and wants to better her life since she will be able to contribute her part financially to the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by DedeNkem: 1:31am On Sep 06, 2015
kstadaura:

Why not? Haven't you seen poor women that are not marriage material?
Majority of divorces involve women who earn less than their husbands. So level of earnings doesn't matter because a bad woman is a bad woman no matter what.

There're good and bad poor women, the same applies to rich women or women who earn more than you.
Everything depends on personality irrespective of social or economic class.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Ugosample(m): 1:38am On Sep 06, 2015
The kind of society we live in here in Nigeria makes it difficult for some men to entertain the idea of marrying a woman richer or more educated than he is, as opposed to how the society in the west is designed.

That said, i can marry a woman richer than i am, but i have to be self reliant and capable of taking care of her myself... Richer than get levels.
For example, consider these two scenerios
Scenario 1
Man's networth= N10,000 grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Woman's networth= N2,000,000

Scenario 2
Man's networth=N10,000,000
Woman's networth= N15,000,000- N20,000,000

I would consider marrying my girlfriend if the situation looks similar to the second scenerio, but anybody who tries scenario 1, sorry would be his name grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

As for education, it is not possible, except there is a higher degree than PhD
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 06, 2015
oreos:
These are the foo.ls that won't stop screaming ‘gold digger' at a woman.

I swear I was just about to post the same thing! cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Ezeego1(m): 1:44am On Sep 06, 2015
dukeolumde:

My point exactly. Otherwise she go just wake up one morning and decide to throw me out of d bedroom window grin grin grin grin

Hahaha... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / Picture : See Why This Bride is Special!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.