Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (44099 Views)

"Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2015
Norenal:
U're d 1st person telln me this tho
Like u don't dig, dangerous as in ppl here can be irritatingly insulting.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Norenal(f): 11:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Like u don't dig, dangerous as in ppl here can be irritatingly insulting.
oh' lol.... yea I hv seen many sha
but since U thought of dat y den did U stil ask d question undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 06, 2015
Norenal:
oh' lol.... yea I hv seen many sha but since U thought of dat y den did U stil ask d question undecided
Cos i've got the heart af a tiger grin
I'm always like ; 'Fire me I thunder U' grin cheesy wink
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 06, 2015
Norenal:
oh' lol.... yea I hv seen many sha but since U thought of dat y den did U stil ask d question undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Norenal(f): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

lol' U sheee yaself
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Norenal:
lol' U sheee yaself
tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Norenal(f): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by ghetto101(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
My wife went to uni in U.S and Canada and me i manage to finish secondary in Lagos,she also earn almost double of my salary but today she is my wife and I'm happy to have a wife with such education.

the money she earn's is for the family.

kstadaura:
Can you marry a lady that is more educated,richer than you?. or she is working and you are unemployed?

Is she going to be loyal in the long run?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by joe4christ(m): 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
good question.
She jam her luck under my roof so therefore the money will be 70/30 grin 70 for me 30 for her. After all I am still the head of the family and the family responsibility is still on me smiley if you marry your 'own' wife, she can even put the money under your care as the head

Very much on point!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Positive attitude is the key. A woman's strata- academic, economic, social shouldn't matter, those aren't suppose to be a cause of concern to any able, sane and sound man. Only a man that would demand for servitude instead of to strive to earn a woman's loyalty and respect when in better position than the woman is equally the same kind of man that will find it hard to settle down with a woman with positive attitude and of better academic and economic strata than him.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by castro316: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
butanep:

Please educate me on the differences...

From my understanding about knowledge & wisdom. One is what you derived from earthy materials such as books and the other which is wisdom is divine. I.e infused into a man's life by God.

Those with wisdom in the bible were never poor or below average. King Solomon is a key example of a man with wisdom. He was the richest and most influential man during his time.

The wise men that went to see Jesus went with Gold, frankincense & myrrh. You should know how expensive these stones were during the early days. It shows they were living very fine.

Don't come here to contradict things. Your knowledge and wisdom is measure on the achievements you have made through it.

The bottom line is to marry a woman you can control both financially and emotionally. No matter your wisdom, money is the key language that speak.

If you can't control a woman, then you become her remote control. Ask your dad if he is still alive.

First knowledge is to know about the things of this world. Acquiring more knowledge means to know certain facts about this world that may be useful to you, in contrast to wisdom which is to discern what is true or not Having Good judgment using the experience knowledge or acquired reasoning.

Wisdom and knowledge, both recurring themes in the Bible, are related but not synonymous. The dictionary defines wisdom as “the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting.” Knowledge, on the other hand, is “information gained through experience, reasoning, or acquaintance.” Knowledge can exist without wisdom, but not the other way around. One can be knowledgeable without being wise. Knowledge is knowing how to use a gun; wisdom is knowing when to use it and when to keep it holstered.

For instance the way u handled women when u were 14 should be different from how u handle them now. Some ppl call it maturity but I call it wisdom being that patience enables you to see further and find out more facts than instant reaction like the way you behaved when you were young

In the aspect of handing women some times u have to use the surrender tactic to catch their hearts and when u have their hearts on ur plate, it is now left to you to use them as you please.

I am not disputing the fact that u must control ur woman, trying to control some of them is just adding petrol to fire But there are others ways of handling them like giving them space or understanding their inner self. This way they will respact you for that.

That's enough lecture for theday.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by agarawu23(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
joe4christ:

Very much on point!
wink
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Victosin09(f): 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
teeowl:
It is not supposed to be an issue... except your masculinity is based on money and educational qualification then it would be a big problem.
Well said
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Obaf16(f): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
ojun50:
That the kind of ladies am looking for. Interest lady should PM me
Lol
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Obaf16(f): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
ojun50:
That the kind of ladies am looking for. Interest lady should PM me
Lol
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Obaf16(f): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
good question.
She jam her luck under my roof so therefore the money will be 70/30 grin 70 for me 30 for her. After all I am still the head of the family and the family responsibility is still on me smiley if you marry your 'own' wife, she can even put the money under your care as the head
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,70-30 very good.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Neverquit(f): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
Succinctly said. grin

Why should a man demand for respect because of his financial strength?

Instead, y'all should strive to earn that respect regardless of your financial status?

All I see is some form of inferiority complex.

Empero1:

Positive attitude is the key. A woman's strata- academic, economic, social shouldn't matter, those aren't suppose to be a cause of concern to any able, sane and sound man. Only a man that would demand for servitude instead of to strife to earn a woman's loyalty and respect when in better position than the woman is equally the same kind of man that will find it hard to settle down with a woman with positive attitude and of better academic and economic strata than him.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by agarawu23(m): 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
Obaf16:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,70-30 very good.
grin grin
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by FRANKOXY(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
IF THE LOVE IS THERE, WHY NOT? THOSE THINGS MATTERS IN THOSE DAYS.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
instinct57vm:

If you ve followed this thread carefully&understood wat warrants the ilustration he made, or perhaps if you are a man, or if you ve had to deal with egolistic ladies, I tink you would have understood the guy better instead of writing this epistle just to spite him...One of the tinzz dt makes a man a man is how he manages the opposite sex..And so far he's or he was in the shoes, he's been doin wat exactly he tot is needed to manage the feminine&is been working for him...so U should be the one not to exaggerate. peace
NB>IF you are a lady, u myt stl argue abt my comments, but men has very little or zero tendency to argue abt this simple stuff

k.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
oshaosha2014:
You have to leave the wonderland and join us in the reality. You are watching too much of american films.

k.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
hensben:
with your comment, men riding their wives as slave in their home is justifiable right.

You're interpreting something else, not that post I made. Definitely not.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Ikiriye(m): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
No woman can intimidate me.just do the right thing and provide for the family.it's your God given responsibility.if you have 5k give her to make her hair even if she wants 20k hair fix.that's what you can provide full stop.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
passionate88:
Sorry for intruding, but I think I should say something. Many men are not disturbed at a woman's level of education and/or wealth. It is the ladies that always remind the men of their place. You will hear a lady calling a man 'small boy' just because she's richer and/or more educated than him. Some ladies don't want to settle for 'less'. Only they know what that 'less' really means.

Intruding? Naaaaaa...

The truth is, men who are already prejudiced against such ladies would see nonexistent arrogance in them. Should such ladies call them small boys, they would be in trouble. Should the ladies call them lord, they would say she is being sarcastic. That would be trouble too.

And yes, most women don't want to settle for 'less', not with the men on this thread poised to 'humble' them. They don't want someone who will try to maltreat them, just to remind his insecure self of his headship.
They want someone who is as intellectually sound, and naira-loaded as they are. Don't blame them, that's their attempt at avoiding the 'is it because you are a PhD holder?' kind of argument in the future. The stance of these ladies is the symptom. The disease is the insecure men. Let's focus on the disease.

Beautiful week ahead.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Terenceike(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
YourMain:

Lol no I'm laughing cause of how fragile the male ego is. Is it a bad thing to be intelligent or rich ?

My dear it's not in any sense, but we can't deny the fact that such marriages does the man of the house little good. Truly men value their ego so much. personally I prefer respect to love.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Lobolintin(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yes
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Topman0001(m): 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Though i'm not married yet but my fiancee has Msc and i have just my first degree. But i command respect with my earnings.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by regalregal2: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
Its very easy for guys to say they can settle with a woman who is richer or is more educated but let share this. When i was in the university one of my lecturers who has a doctorate in pharmacy added barrister to his title and we were wondering how he got the title only for him to tell us that he married a barrister and he was fed up wit his wife trying to intimidate her with her legal precedents so he had to write waec, jamb and studies law this was wen he already had his phd oo, so imagine if he didnt even have a phd. Again 1 of my inlaws told me he dated and almost married the daughter of a former senator (i have verified his claim) and he advised me neva to get married to a woman that has been (is) exposed to somuch cheese than you. My point is its very easy to say you can if she is more educated or wealthier than you but women will always be women. If a woman is at pole position then her man should be ready to get ridden like a horse. Shikina
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Captainswag225(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
regalregal2:
Its very easy for guys to say they can settle with a woman who is richer or is more educated but let share this. When i was in the university one of my lecturers who has a doctorate in pharmacy added barrister to his title and we were wondering how he got the title only for him to tell us that he married a barrister and he was fed up wit his wife trying to intimidate her with her legal precedents so he had to write waec, jamb and studies law this was wen he already had his phd oo, so imagine if he didnt even have a phd. Again 1 of my inlaws told me he dated and almost married the daughter of a former senator (i have verified his claim) and he advised me neva to get married to a woman that has been (is) exposed to somuch cheese than you. My point is its very easy to say you can if she is more educated or wealthier than you but women will always be women. If a woman is at pole position then her man should be ready to get ridden like a horse. Shikina
u should also know that not all women use their money and wealth to intimidate men.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by mikolo80: 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
MarvellousGod:
grin grin grin grin grin... Dreamer grin grin
everybody cannot limit theirself to loneliness and sufferhead and unhappiness. life is simple. what do you say about sugar sons and house husbands
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by mikolo80: 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
ireneidiva:

Why should a jobless man even get married?
why do jobless women get married

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.