Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone (27021 Views)

Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku / "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by princdebola201(m): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2015
SW- yorubas re the majority
S.E - igbos re the majority
SS. Which ethnic group is the majority..?

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by bokohalal(m): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2015
Edo.

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by princdebola201(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2015
bokohalal:
Edo.
Re u sure..?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Mogidi: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2015
Ijaw

6 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Mogidi: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2015
bokohalal:
Edo.
Edo is not an ethnic group but a state.

24 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by mightyhaze: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2015
princdebola201:

na yoruba na! Only dia agbo peddler population surpass d whole tribes in d whole ss put 2geda. Dats y dey r regarded as d most travelled group in nigeria,nay africa

26 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by NCP: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2015
Ijaws. They are RIGHTFULLY the 3rd Largest ethnic group in Nigeria followed by the Igbos.

9 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by zendy: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2015
The majority in the SS might be Igbos. Delta-Igbos make up over 30% of Delta state. Rivers Igbos also have 30% of Rivers state. With smaller pockets of Igbos in Edo, Akaibom and Bayelsa, Igbos could be the largest ethnic group in the SS

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by forgiveness: 11:28am On Sep 05, 2015
One of these, Ibibio/efik, Benin, Uhrobo or Ijaw.

1, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa; Ibibio/efik

2, Bayelsa, Rivers(dominate), Delta & Akwa Ibom(not many); Ijaw

3, Edo, Delta; Benin

4, Delta; Uhrobo(largest tribe in Delta)

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 05, 2015
Ijaw for real men. They are also the strongest politically in the whole of the south after the Yorubas.

6 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Iykopee(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2015
zendy:
The majority in the SS might be Igbos. Delta-Igbos make up over 30% of Delta state. Rivers Igbos also have 30% of Rivers state. With smaller pockets of Igbos in Edo, Akaibom and Bayelsa, Igbos could be the largest ethnic group in the SS

^^^^ bros do they have igbo speaking people in akwa ibom state? I simply think ijaws are the big weight of the SS.

13 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by zendy: 11:43am On Sep 05, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^^ bros do they have igbo speaking people in akwa ibom state? I simply think ijaws are the big weight of the SS.

Yes there are Igbo speaking people in Akwa ibom from what I have been told. The immediate past Governor of the state is said to be from the Igbo speaking part

28 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by bobomee(m): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2015
BobomeeWeeklyProfit (RANKING=7)
Yes 20 percent weekly profit is possible,
Lets Us enter “mber” Months with profit of 20percent(ROI) weekly.
My 10 years (consecutive) experience in Forex trading is yielding good result. Just INVEST.
http://www.forextime.com/forex-investments/investment-program/rating/2019749/
http://www.forextime.com/forex-investments/investment-program/rating
You will smile next week.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by patrick89(m): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2015
princdebola201:

Attention Attention !
Do not reply this type of thread again! The mission is simple, divide them let them fight amongst themselves!!!

What is the second major tribe in SW after yorubas? stupid tiger face vultures!! left for me and you guys, your media preponderance will crumble. I wonder why people should fall for this silly move!!!

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by princdebola201(m): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2015
patrick89:

Attention Attention !
Do not reply this type of thread again! The mission is simple, divide them let them fight amongst themselves!!!

What is the second major tribe in SW after yorubas? stupid tiger face vultures!! left for me and you guys, your media preponderance will crumble. I wonder why people should fall for this silly move!!!

Illiteracy is a disease..

18 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by princdebola201(m): 11:50am On Sep 05, 2015
zendy:
But urhobo re the majority in delta state

5 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by cheruv: 11:51am On Sep 05, 2015
NCP:
Ijaws. They are RIGHTFULLY the 3rd Largest ethnic group in Nigeria followed by the Igbos.
There's no tribe called Igbo in Nigeria..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by cheruv: 11:52am On Sep 05, 2015
patrick89:

Attention Attention !

Ijebu is the second largest after Yoruba

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by patrick89(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
cheruv:

Ijebu is the second largest after Yoruba

ijebu are not yoruba and they can never be! they are the most industrious in SW. Egun are like hausas in the North they don't even go to school, they very backward! while aworis have missed with slaves deported from Brazil.
kwara people are not yoruba. The name of the king of Ife is different from the king of lagos(meanwhile it is bini territory) in ogun state, egba is the most educated.. they are not like bush people from ijesha or greedy people of ijebu..

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by erikcantona: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
Yoruba men hahahahaha kai they like puting wahala !! This your divide and rule tactise in your inblood I swear, very intelligent ethnic group but there cowardice and betrayal envious nature is what I detest so much

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
No o Akpabio ia Aannag not Igbo though his wife is from Ezeagu in Enugu, Igbos of Ndoki stock in Akwaibom can be found in Ukanafun local govt, Ukanafun has a boundary with Ukwu East where Adolfus Wabara is from
zendy:

Yes there are Igbo speaking people in Akwa ibom from what I have been told. The immediate past Governor of the state is said to be from the Igbo speaking part

12 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jobless Yoruba man

20 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Classicool(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
patrick89:

ijebu are not yoruba and they can never be! they are the most industrious in SW. Egun are like hausas in the North they don't even go to school, they very backward! while aworis have missed with slaves deported from Brazil.
kwara people are not yoruba. The name of the king of Ife is different from the king of lagos(meanwhile it is bini territory) in ogun state, egba is the most educated.. they are not like bush people from ijesha or greedy people of ijebu..
You are the Biggest Mumu ever to comment on NL..... So if those you mentioned are not Yoruba... What language do they speak.... Why is it that they trace their roots to Ile-Ife and Oyo respectively.... And you can also say Benin are also not a clan of yoruba... If you say so answer this questions... Why is it that every head of dead Oba Benin must be buried in Ile-Ife?.... And why they also share our names....?

5 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by patrick89(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
Classicool:

You are the Biggest Mumu ever to comment on NL..... So if those you mentioned are not Yoruba... What language do they speak.... Why is it that they trace their roots to Ile-Ife and Oyo respectively.... And you can also say Benin are also not a clan of yoruba... If you say so answer this questions... Why is it that every head of dead Oba Benin must be buried in Ile-Ife?.... And why they also share our names....?
Are ijebus yoruba?
are aworis yoruba?
are Egun yoruba?
if ekiti people are the same with egba why did awolowo discriminate against them? why did he give the ekiti people only useless courses to study? course like yoruba, culture, religion etc.. while he gave egbas doctor, engineers accountant etc! this is the main reason why we have highest number of professors in ekiti!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by patrick89(m): 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
erikcantona:
Yoruba men hahahahaha kai they like puting wahala !! This your divide and rule tactise in your inblood I swear, very intelligent ethnic group but there cowardice and betrayal envious nature is what I detest so much
I know them like my palms, two of my type will cripple their business!!

15 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by patrick89(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
princdebola201:

Illiteracy is a disease..
I will e-slap you if you write rubbish to me.. vulture!

20 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by seunny4lif(m): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
grin grin
Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by princdebola201(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
patrick89:
I will e-slap you if you write rubbish to me.. vulture!

Am not suprised , cos u use sliding tackle and slap to wake ur parents at home...so it's a norm to you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by Classicool(m): 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
patrick89:

Are ijebus yoruba?
are aworis yoruba?
are Egun yoruba?
if ekiti people are the same with egba why did awolowo discriminate against them? why did he give the ekiti people only useless courses to study? course like yoruba, culture, religion etc.. while he gave egbas doctor, engineers accountant etc! this is the main reason why we have highest number of professors in ekiti!!
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes...
Because they all have their Origin traced to Ile-Ife,Oduduwa....
If you are not a daft... those you mentioned,are they not worshipping IFA.... Or don't they worship same deities with the rest of their clan... Before civilisation....
On Issue of Awolowo giving some courses to some people to study.. Who fed you with blatant fool lies.... If Ekiti,Ijebu,Awori,Egun are not Yoruba what are they..?
Mumu.

5 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by erikcantona: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
patrick89:
I know them like my palms, two of my type will cripple their business!!
. I dey tell you
Re: Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone by SonOfEl(m): 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
NCP:

in your dreams.....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion / How Femi Gbajiamila Rigged The Election To Become Speaker - G70 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.