Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

"Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha (43048 Views)

2019: Tinubu Cannot Leave APC. See Why / OPINION: This Is Why Igbos Cannot Leave Nigeria / Igbo's Cannot Leave The North Because Of Their Numerous Investments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Suurulere(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and Chief Emmanuel Iwuayanwu Friday called on Nigerians to unite together in order to protect the integrity of Nigeria as one country.

They made this call at the Concord Hotel, Owerri during the opening ceremony of the National Executive Council meeting of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, in the State. According to Okorocha who declared the event open said, ” We have no place to call our own if not Nigeria. We must defend the integrity of this country. “

“The worst thing that will happen to any society is to have a visionless leader ” It was the view of Okorocha, that ” Nigerians must change their attitude toward their leaders and leaders must learn how to talk to their followers. ”

He also expressed sadness that, ” Nigerians are always in the attitude to pull down their leaders, adding that ” what ever you do not appreciate will depreciate. ” Speaking also, the Chairman of the occasion, Chief Emmanuel Iwuayanwu, used the opportunity to call president Mohammadu Buhari to assemble leaders of the country to discuss the the way out Nigeria problems.

He said, ” Nigerians are passing through hard times. These problems have lingered for years. They are not caused by Buhari administration. It is for this reason that Nigerians voted for change. ” ” We have come to a point Mr President should invite leaders in this country for a meeting to discuss how to solve our problems. ”

On the issue of Biafra, he said, ” Igbo are majority in this country and they cannot leave. We are Biafrans, Biafrans are Nigerians. It is the same way we have Arewa and Oduduwa.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/igbo-majority-country-cannot-leave/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by apholaryn: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Flaties over to u.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by dunkem21(m): 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2016

“The worst thing that will happen to any society is to have
a visionless leader ”

cheesy

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by zendy: 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
Okoroawusa has never meant well for Ndigbo. All he cares about is his 2023 presidential ambition.

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by loopmangoat(m): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2016
Blah
blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah
blah

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by dunkem21(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
It was the view of Okorocha, that ” Nigerians must change their attitude toward their leaders and leaders must learn how to talk to their followers. ”

97/5% cool

32 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by dunkem21(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2016

He also expressed sadness that, ” Nigerians are always in the attitude to pull down their leaders, adding that ” what ever you do not appreciate will depreciate. ”

I agree totally..

We called our president; clueless, drunkard, retardedeeen, Jonadafttt and the first lady, SHEPOPOTAMUS.. .

The office of the President depreciated that day and will continue to degenerate and deteriorate till we apologize squarely.

I have said this over a million times.

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by MeAboki(m): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
Who cares; the north has been pushed to the wall and is quietly consolidating itself for disintegration; soon we will be ready to let the Igbos go - so that they can turn their red soiled enclave to Dubai.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by MiyattiAllah: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
We all know They can't Leave because the have nowhere to go.
They can't even leave Maiduguri or Kano talkless of their Heaven (LAGOS).

142 Likes 16 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by malton: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
In "Why Nations Fail", Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson opined that:

States do not fail overnight. The seeds of their destruction are sown deep within their political institutions.

This holds true for Nigeria.

We, as a people, have been utterly unable to take advantage of our society’s huge potential for growth in spite of the numbers.

Our failure, like they alleged, is by design. This too, is true.

I will not stand here and pretend as if the Igbos will be less of a loss to Nigeria than say, the Yorubas, or even the oil rich Delta.

Truth is, those people have contributed to the growth of Nigeria in their own way. They are incredible!

But, we've let the politics separate us; allowed our differences to define us; and have allowed others tell our story for us.

In a nation as diverse as Nigeria, carrying everyone along is important. Unless we tell our leaders the truth, they will continue to come between. After all, the only language they understand is divide and rule.

We've fought battles we shouldn't have. We've won battles but watched others share the spoils.

The average Nigerian lives everyday believing that his next door neighbor is his problem. How untrue that is. We may insult the Igbos all we want - I do that a lot - for fun, actually - but, the truth remains - they are the piece that complete this puzzle.

Stupidity is when Mr. A will want you to believe that Mr. C is your problem... But, be doesn't see any wrong in reaching across to that same person he condemns. Some even go as far as marrying their offspring(s) off to their (your) supposed enemies.

Mr. Rochas, being a majority isn't any consolation. You should channel all that vigor into advising Mr. President on the right thing to do. Our leaders have failed because we have been sycophantic for far too long.

If you want them in Nigeria so badly, you've got to prove to them that they are highly valued, like the rest of the society.

I wouldn't advice my sister to continue in an abusive marriage; for better for worse. Karyan ciwo!

The solution to them staying or not rests squarely on your shoulders (the leaders).

As someone who understands the pareto principle owing to my privileged economics background, I believe that the 5% comment has to be the most reckless, divisive, and belittling sentence that I've heard a president (someone who ironically, should have been a unifying force instead) make.

204 Likes 36 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by nwabobo: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria as long no single south south soil is included.

Be rest assured that we'd not leave any Igbo speaking part of Nigeria behind.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long as no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOB would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring lines listed below:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta.

My question to them: who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography.

My answer to them: words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You are yoruba and Afonja.

My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.They will not leave any Igbo tribe in south south behind when they break away.

My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans are not Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5.We dont want South South because of oil.

You can say that to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work.

My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying our strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.

7. There will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra.

This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice but multiple choices. The choice will and must definitely include the following: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa and others. Niger Delta Republic is our preferred choice as south south people.

8. Nigeria is a creation of white man. They want old eastern region back. The people were not consulted before the almagamation of Nothern and Southern protectorates.

My Answer to them: Old Eastern region was also a creation of a white man. The white man did not consult all the various ethnic nationalities in all the regions before they created the eastern, western and Northern region. People were forcely lumped together as eastern region. This is obvious with the Joy of Rivers State and Cross Rivers state people when they were seperated from a dominant Oppressive tribe in old eastern region to create thier own state. Wike the Governor of Rivers state just celebrated this issue last year by naming port Harcout township Stadium as Yakubu Gowon Station.
Delta State including Asaba was never at any time in history part of Eastern region. Delta state including asaba was first part of of Benin Kingdom/Empire before becoming part of Western Region, then part of Mid West, then part of Bendel before becoming Delta state today.

9. In Biafra, every region will own thier resources and pay tax to the centre. South south people should not be afraid of losing thier resources to a dominant tribe.

My answer to them: Why will South South people be comfortable to paying any form of tax to a centre likely to be controlled by a dominant tribe with the least resources, least landmass and almost more than 50% of the resulting population of such union. We will rather form our own Niger Delta Republic and run our things ourselves alone. I think we will prefer resource control in Nigeria than that your dream Biafra.

10. Your dream Niger Delta Republic will not work because south south people are too diverse and different

My answer to them: Divide and Rule in action. Your dream Biafra will be more diverse than our dream Niger Delta Republic. Your dream Biafra is our dream Niger Delta Republic plus South East. However even if Niger Delta Republic will not work, we are ok with it breaking into three or six different countries. It is our problem. Leave it for us. Afterall Soviet union broke into more than 20 countries and the world have not ended. In Summary, Niger Delta people wants Resource Control, Fiscal Federalism or Niger Delta Republic as last option if Federal Republic of Nigeria breaks.

99 Likes 30 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by ezeagu(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hypocrisy is berating Okorocha and hailing Orji Uzor Kalu.

I pity some Igbo people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
Okorocha is an afonja. grin

16 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by omofunaab(m): 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Okorohausa grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by oruma19: 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
[quote author=Suurulere post=51396844]By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and Chief
Emmanuel Iwuayanwu Friday called on Nigerians to unite
together in order to protect the integrity of Nigeria as one
country.

They made this call at the Concord Hotel, Owerri during
the opening ceremony of the National Executive Council
meeting of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, in the
State.

According to Okorocha who declared the event open
said, ”We have no place to call our own if not Nigeria.
We must defend the integrity of this country."

“The worst thing that will happen to any society is to have
a visionless leader ”

It was the view of Okorocha, that ” Nigerians must
change their attitude toward their leaders and leaders
must learn how to talk to their followers. ”

Good one, it's about time we knew!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
Brigham:
Okorocha is an afonja. grin

Hahaha. He is from ogun state.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by MrEverest(m): 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
So says the ab.oki governor of Imo state. This man should be used as an abubaku, anytime he opens his buccal cavity, I know that another rubbish is going to come out.

18 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Caseless: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
The only true son of igbo has spoken.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOD frauds would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring following lines:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta. My question to them who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography. My answer to them, words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You yoruba and Afonja. My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.We will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans arecnot Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5.We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying are strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.
you asking IPOB that who are they to speak for the south south, are you not a hypocrite ?

Look at the bolded number 4.

Who are you to refer yourself as we ? can't you speak for yourself alone ? Its obvious you are a confirm afonja.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by PDJT: 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
Is this not the one called Okoroawusa?
He should shut-the-f.uck-up! This is how he goes about wearing winter scarf in an extreme hot climate. Who takes such comic serious?

Nigeria is a scam created by mere mortal called Frederick Lugard and named by his girl friend, both of whom God didn't bless with seed of the womb.

Nations entrapped in the evil contraption deserve their Freedom. Groups who desire Freedom and Liberty should go for it, cos the cesspit will never offer that!

The least Igbos can do is to unite with other "major" groups and dominate the rest into extinction, which is exactly what people like Rochas desire.

Number and Diversity doesn't mean Strength, Soviet Union was diverse and so naturally endowed that Hitler charged his soldiers to pull the top soil from Soviet land and bring it back to Germany, now where is Soviet Union?

Nigeria will never work! QED.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by PDJT: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
[s]
tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOD frauds would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring following lines:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta. My question to them who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography. My answer to them, words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You yoruba and Afonja. My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.We will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans arecnot Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5. We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying are strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.
[/s]

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Ragnnar: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
Okorohausa, who ask for your opinion.

5 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:

5. We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

Why take the stress to pile up this monologue?

Is referendum too hard?

Then we would know who says what and who wants what.

No one has absolute right to speak for all.

Ask BREXIT!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
badboywizzy:
you asking IPOB that who are they to speak for the south south, are you not a hypocrite ?

Look at the bolded number 4.

Who are you to refer yourself as we ? can't you speak for yourself alone ? Its obvious you are a confirm afonja.

IPOB tout as expected. U guys never dissapoint. Easy to predict and bait.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:

IPOB tout as expected. U guys never dissapoint. Easy to predict and bait.
lolz !!!

One thing I'v known Afonjas for is their bad attitude of opening their mouths very wide without making any positive contribution.

If I may ask, what do you understand by the word tout ?

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by trishapal(f): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
They used to be the majority, but many thanks to Gowon

8 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Police Officers Got No Help After Their Van Got Stuck In Auchi, Edo State / Aisha Buhari Delayed From Landing By Patience Jonathan - Stella Dimokokorkus / PVCs Found Buried In A Drainage In Imo State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.