Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (51192 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Iamfrank(m): 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
Too bad our king is dead.... Rip sir
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
tuoyoojo:
Eya

I pray its not true

I remember going to ode-itsekiri for his coronation. I went there with my mum when I was a kid. How time flies

I hope he made peace with his God cuz when d chips are down, that's all that matters

Long live the king
Long live the king? The dude is dead bro..... They didn't say he came back to life....
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by mrkels(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
The man solely responsible for the killings in warri in 98!
The day okere market got burnt I was going to school, I remember some my friends who died like chickens back in the days, God rest their souls.

A lot of us had to move out of our houses that our parents suffered for. Bad bad memories mehn.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Anyways, sleep on,

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by ElNino101: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
billtommy:
The Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II is dead. He died in Lagos last night of an as yet to be disclosed ailment. He had been on the throne since 1987.

Details to follow

http://dailytimes.com.ng/olu-of-warri-dies/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Olu of Itsekiri or better still he shud b addressed as The Itsekiri Monarch...by d way WHO HE HELP?

2 Likes

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by fejikudz(m): 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
mrkels:

Hmmmmmmmmm.

mr man talk wetin u know

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by mrkels(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
fejikudz:
mr man talk wetin u know

You don forget say olu of warri and olu of itsekiri cause better wahala that year??
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by LEXYCOM: 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
Abobaku just resigned is appointment
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Laredojohn(m): 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
People it's not confirmed....my cousin is married to his first daughter and they said it's a true he is late...though I'll
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by fejikudz(m): 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Rip to him
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by ElNino101: 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Ogiame Su oooo. Rest in Peace..

Rip to our Olu, He was a Good Leader...
good leader ke??dis guy na scrab abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by coputa(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
sanandreas:
Rip the king who willingly dethrone himself while he was alive. Beside who is that man with big head lipsrsealed
The man with big head is the award winning governor.

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by IYANGBALI: 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
I hope their abobaku never run comot
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Temix(m): 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
Tread with caution man, the walls have ears
mrkels:
The day okere market got burnt I was going to school, I remember some my friends who died like chickens back in the days, God rest their souls.

A lot of us had to move out of our houses that our parents suffered for. Bad bad memories mehn.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Anyways, sleep on,
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by dexcira(f): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Are you speaking English?
. lwkmd. u bad o. lol
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by otokx(m): 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
He will be missed.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by JerryJJZ(m): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
Editor1:
RIP Sir!

You were a good and courageous man. Not like one coward Oba Lil Wayne Of Lagoon.

So bad the good ones don't last!

28 years na moi-moi?? Person stay 28 good years,, u still dey say the good ones dont last? Bros check well na,,,

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by baloney: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
R I P
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by fejikudz(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
mrkels:

You don forget say olu of warri and olu of itsekiri cause better wahala that year??
i know na!
i still remember, Life and properties were lost

but, How is he SOLELY responsible for the killings in 98??

Anyways
e don pass.. make we jus forget everything
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by macof(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
A king that was a slave like many other so called Traditional rulers
That's why they keep loosing relevance as they aren't doing their duty as traditional rulers and the personification of the people's identity

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by buharisambisada: 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Rest in peace Ogiame so'
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by NemzySeries(m): 11:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
R.I.P to d dead but pls help us tell d ooni if u see him in d after life dat abobaku is still missing Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
seunmsg:
RIP to him. He was very bold and fearless. Stood up to GEJ and Tompolo in the last administration. His people will miss him.
Last month, it was Ooni of Ife, this month it's Olu of Warri. Lord have mercy and RIP the dead.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Rick9(m): 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
I just hope there is no Abobaku
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by onuwaje(m): 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
hearts r heavy

Ara o Lori re. Olo rire afo ma sin

Olu remi o! Owa mi ene ogie

Ira. Wee gba gba mi je mo

Ri guara guowun

Ira wo gba gba mi je

Mo ri gbee ji were

E. Ara olo rire Olo rire afo masin

Olu remi O! Eeeeee Owa mi ene Ogie

OGIAME ODA UGBA O

OGIAME SUOO

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by stinggy(m): 11:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
Very sad cry
Ogiame, may Umalokun spirit guide you as you journey to the beyond sad
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by bummyla(m): 12:00am On Sep 06, 2015
hope he died a born again christian! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by ifihearam: 12:35am On Sep 06, 2015
Ogiame. Suoooooooo.

One of the most successful kings in the itsekiri kingdom.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by warriiboguy: 1:03am On Sep 06, 2015
Dat is Uduaghan d thief.D worse governor ever in 9ja
sanandreas:
Rip the king who willingly dethrone himself while he was alive. Beside who is that man with big head lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Another fight for the throne #why are the king dieing?
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by mikron(m): 2:19am On Sep 06, 2015
season of deaths for royal fathers in naija? oni of ife now this?
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by tpiah01: 3:05am On Sep 06, 2015
Lord have mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Celebrates His Daughter, Princess Adeola Ogunwusi, He Had When He Was 19 / Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra / Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Arrive Canada In Style. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.