Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) (60483 Views)

Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) / Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way / The Poor Vs The Rich In Nigerian Prisons: See The Difference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by ogbonnasamuel72: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Truth is the rich around there are stùpid.
One person can fix that road but no they will rather wait for government
Some of them are on 1st name basis with the government officials who should fix the roads
But they wont discuss such
........You dey mind them ......rich people are kinda greedy ... Them fit buy house 200M BT them no fit fix road..... People should better stop accusing the government

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
and Lekki is supposed to be the VIP area of Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Firefire(m): 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
anonimi:

Yet the same APCheat party was pointing fingers at the federal government for inadequate electricity.

What ojukoroju bold face HYPOCRISY

I am Yoruba, the reason I hate APC with passion is their hypocrisy!

4 Likes

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Firefire(m): 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
ogbonnasamuel72:
........You dey mind them ......rich people are kinda greedy ... Them fit buy house 200M BT them no fit fix road..... People should better stop accusing the government

You must be joking...?

What is the function of the state if the citizen's responsibility is to pay tax ?

Do you know how much Land use charge house owners are paying in Lagos ?

Lagos state government are the best scammer in the history of Africa.

Take your time to educate yourself below:

Commercial properties generally attract a rate of 0.394% of the assessed value.

Industrial properties are assessed at a rate of 0.132% of the assessed value; however, this will only be applicable where the property owner is the occupier of the property. Assessments of residential properties are categorized under three scenarios which attract different rates.

A property solely occupied by the owner for residential purpose will be charged at a rate of 0.0394%, while a similar property occupied by the property owner and tenant(s) or third parties will be charged at a rate of 0.132%.

The third scenario/category is an investment property fully occupied by tenants or third party (ies) for revenue generation, charged at a rate of 0.394%.

The third scenario/category is an investment property fully occupied by tenants or third party (ies) for revenue generation, charged at a rate of 0.394%.

http://landusecharge.com/index.php/dfaqs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
will nigeria ever get better?
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Firefire(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
Truluvguy:
will nigeria ever get better?

yes, only if we are ready to demand accountability from our government.

Lagos state revenue and its expenditure on infrastructural facilities does not commensurate.

Bogus!

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
may God give us good leaders. such a shame
Firefire:

yes, only if we are ready to demand accountability from our government.

Lagos state revenue and its expenditure on infrastructural facilities does not commensurate.

Bogus!
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Firefire(m): 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2015
Truluvguy:
may God give us good leaders. such a shame

Amen!

Painfully we see children coming online to defend the criminals.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
hahahaha, which children sir?
Firefire:

Amen!

Painfully we see children coming online to defend the criminals.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by whyniel: 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sultanchidi:
hmmmm mba
what is mba? is that not the road at Ikate exit/entrance?
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
What are we saying sef? So those living in Lekki Phase I now are super humans and therefore do not deserve the common negligence of government responsibility as known in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Firefire(m): 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
Truluvguy:
hahahaha, which children sir?

By their posts you shall know them...

Hailing the corrupt government of state and attacking the FG.

Why not arrange accountability in an ascending order...?

LG
House of Rep. members
Fed. Reps.
Senators
Ministers
State Government
Before you expect much from the Federal Government.

But they have been brainwashed.

we shall understand it better by and by...

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by ldpele(m): 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
That's one of the lead roads to house on the rock, from the main gate, e bad wel wel. And, they is this big firm just by the side of this road

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by kay29000(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
agarawu23:
And ppl are still commiting crimes just to afford a duplex in lekki.

Some will say enjoy your money but it's stupidd to buy a mansion in lekki for 150m and still swim the road during raining season. What's the difference between you and that man living in ajegunle?

THERE IS BIG DIFFERENCE O!

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Kaymus(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
The day Buhari became president, everybody starting crying, the rich now cry's the poor have been crying since 1960, but their cries in 2015 can creat another river niger.

Jonathan transformed the rich to become richer and the poor to become richer too, but Buhari changed the poor to poorest and the rich to poor people, sotey they are crying now.

You must be a stupendous ignoramus! Buhari still stands out to be the best President Nigeria has ever produced beside late Yar'adua He is one thousand times far better than your clueless GEJ. Your GEJ that further plunged this nation into gross darkness, poverty, encouraged corruption and deep confusion. You are a big enemy of this nation, but God will destroy all of you soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by kasley44(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
there are worst roads in the states
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by doskie(m): 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by landinfo: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Truth is the rich around there are stùpid.
One person can fix that road but no they will rather wait for government
Some of them are on 1st name basis with the government officials who should fix the roads
But they wont discuss such

U don't know what u are saying.....someone wanted to fix a bad road in Amuwo-Odofin & the Local Government told him he must bribe them with 40million naira.
He refused & begged them that he would give them 10million since he is the one that would fix the road with his own money. The LGs refused & insisted on 30million last price, so the guy vex storm out of their office.......touch a madman, na that time u go know say hin get family members wey dey look after ram
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by doskie(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
Atlantian:
This is Itedo Road my friend. Lekki Phase 1 is the left hand side of the road, and Itedo community is at the right side of the road. That road is abandoned because poor people live on the right hand, and Lekki Phase 1 is left side of the road. I used that road 3 days ago by mistake. Thank God I was using the Range Rover, I had put the vehice on High Suspension height to navigate out of the terrible spot. I dont know why government hates to fix roads where poor people live.
the road close to ruby and pink near adewale kuku is very bad. its in phase 1
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by dmcdad: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Lacomus:
Nigerians have a way of making every situation seem Nigerian, OP this is earth and it's 70% percent covered with water, I'm not surprise, though flood is something we can prevent but not always, so if you want a flood free world you go to Mars.
So to have a flood-free vicinity or even good roads, one would have to go to Mars right? Wow. I guess they have roads like this in The USA, Canada, Britain, Paris or even Japan. Abi?

The world is surrounded by water is the cheapest excuse one could give in order to back this up.

2 Likes

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Tobbey(m): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
The day Buhari became president, everybody starting crying, the rich now cry's the poor have been crying since 1960, but their cries in 2015 can creat another river niger.

Jonathan transformed the rich to become richer and the poor to become richer too, but Buhari changed the poor to poorest and the rich to poor people, sotey they are crying now.

NONSENSE
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Haywhymido(m): 10:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

ur name says it all
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by softvio(m): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

and you believed that, you made a sense out of what you just said??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by sleekman(m): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
Atlantian:
This is Itedo Road my friend. Lekki Phase 1 is the left hand side of the road, and Itedo community is at the right side of the road. That road is abandoned because poor people live on the right hand, and Lekki Phase 1 is left side of the road. I used that road 3 days ago by mistake. Thank God I was using the Range Rover, I had put the vehice on High Suspension height to navigate out of the terrible spot. I dont know why government hates to fix roads where poor people live.
that road is called freedom road. It is Lekki Ph1. So pls get ur info right next time. Like u rightly said Itedo is to the right of the road when entering Ph1, so also is Ikate Elegushi but that road is part of Lekki Ph1.

3 Likes

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by basilo101: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
But i thought bad roads only exist in Aba

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Zambux(f): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
Atlantian:
who be poor people ..... Rich man
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Kenechi1: 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Lol... i live in lekki
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by udysweet(f): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
Very true sir,bad road! I know dat road cos I used to board keke there for some time wen I used to work in lekki close to dome. Infact two weeks ago I went to an interview der and got drenched by d rain in less than 2mins jus because I cldnt get were to sheltfer my self,d way d dey seperated d rich frm d poor on dat area ehn,I can't quantify the margin. I doubt anytin will be done on dat road anytim soon,its been lik dat for yrs
Atlantian:
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by NemzySeries(m): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
yes d Rich also Cry but av it in mind dat wat makes d Rich Cry wud kill d poorr over & over. & over again grin
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by bioduneberry(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Atlantian:

You are right.

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by silverprince413(m): 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
I taya o!
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by bummyla(m): 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
work has commenced on that road as we speak how! http://www.bummyla.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki With Michelle And Barack Obama At The White House. PIC / AK47 Rifles, RPGs Coming To Nigeria From Libya Intercepted In Niger Republic / Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.